All Comments on 'Artscape'

by Cromagnonman

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
hansbwlhansbwlabout 9 years ago
I'm very happy

To be able to find such a great story on Lit! They are so far apart.

Sid0604Sid0604about 9 years ago
Another great story...

Thank you for another great story.

AnticsAnticsabout 9 years ago
Nicely drawn

I realised that this was second great story I had read by you this month, which motivated me to leave a comment on both. As an artist, (and married to one) I see us in your characters and had to laugh. YoOu have a good understanding of the shallowness of so much in the art scene.

Nice concept, well done.

tazz317tazz317about 9 years ago
WHEN ONE LOOKS INTO THE INNER BEING

all one can see is their interpretation of that aura, TK U MLJ LV NV

abboncabboncabout 9 years ago
You never cease..

..to amaze me!

It doesn't seem to matter what the theme of your work is, it always, well, works!

I have to laugh when I hear "critics" expounding on art, and putting all sorts of "interpretations" on why the artist did what he did. There was a very good Peanuts cartoon many years ago, when Linus presented Charlie Brown with a picture of a man with his hands behind his back. CB went to great lengths to say how this reflected Linus' own insecurities and depression, etc. Linus replied, "I drew him that way because I myself can't draw hands!"

Wine connoisseurs do the same, rabbiting on about how the wine displays a bouquet of strawberries, or gooseberries, or whatever. I once read one of those adverts that pubs put on your table to advertise the "Wine of the Month" - it described 6 wines, and never mentioned grapes once!

Keep it up, Cro, I still go back to your older stories often - I know I'm going to enjoy myself.

Nick

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
As soon as I saw your nom de plume

I knew that I can look forward to a very pleasant read.

I was not disappointed.

DS

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Very Pleasant Story

The people that like good stories should try this author. His work is always interesting.

In this story I admit I felt that it was a bit far fetched, after all Giles ought to have had some heavies around to run this type of operation.

bruce22bruce22about 9 years ago
Further more

There was a certain dificulty reconciling her initial reaction with the opinion of his work that she expressed. She should have had felt that it was an opportunity to correct him.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Jackson Pollack's 'Five Poles'

I knew the NY dealer who sold it. A snake of the first water. I am still ambivalent about Pollack, but it is stunning.

rightbankrightbankabout 9 years ago
an interesting interpretation of patrons of the arts

and all their puffery. or is it an interpretation of the critics? or just a critical interpretation of those on the fringe, who have no talent of their own, but who want to be around those who are creative? or . . . .

perhaps comments should be in the form of a non-rhyming poem?

AJPhynnAJPhynnabout 9 years ago
Very Enjoyable, but ...

... not quite up to your usual very high standard. It felt a bit 2-dimensional and rushed. I came across the phrase "deja lu" very recently, and it immediately sprang to mind when I read the proposed "take-down" for the second time. Now, if this had been in the Humour & Satire section, it would have been perfect. That said, please keep up the great work!

teedeedubteedeedubabout 9 years ago
Clever

and very enjoyable. Kind of an 'Ode to Narcissistic Sycophants'. ....... thanks....

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCromagnonman@Cromagnonman
1281 Followers
I'm a pretty normal average male, chronologically well over 18 but psychologically I'm not so sure. I have been writing as a hobby for many years and now that I have time on my hands I am looking to become more professional at it. I enjoy reading, morning walks along the river...

SIMILAR Stories