All Comments on 'Summer Hire Ch. 14'

by brentaden

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
amh1970amh1970about 9 years ago
really

I am loving this story so far...but seriously a 2 day wait and this is all u wrote.

brentadenbrentadenabout 9 years agoAuthor
The Wait (Response to Comment Below)

I have written 34 chapters, so far. It's a novel, so some chapters are long (such as the previous one), and some are short. The waiting time is purely due to how fast literotica's submission process works. I always have several chapters stacked up in the submission queue, so they're coming out as fast as literotica wants them too. If you want chapters faster, you need to pester literotica.

That said, I'm thinking about turning this story into an e-book. Then everyone will have a chance to buy it ($0.99) and read the whole thing at once. Of course, I'm not done writing it yet, and the story is over 185,000 words, so it might wind up being a couple of books.

I am very grateful to everyone on literotica for all the positive feedback. I've been writing this story on and off for several years, stealing odd bits of time from the rest of a very busy life. After seeing the enthusiastic reaction of so many people to these characters and their journey, I may reprioritize my time commitments, so I can write faster.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Love this...

..not sure quite why I like this so much..maybe because the Characters have a depth and a reality all opf their own.Looking forward to more

amh1970amh1970about 9 years ago
Love it

I love the way your writing this...i love how they react to each other. I didnt know Literotica writing and releasing process was, This is a great story I look forward to reading it all and seeing how it turns out.

IamfirehorseIamfirehorseabout 9 years ago
Fun great story

Love the story. Don't worry about people's impatience in wanting more - that just means they are hooked :) if you publish the book I would definitely buy it even if I have read most of it on LE.

nthusiasticnthusiasticabout 9 years ago
Really Appreciate . . .

your insight in the Behind-the-Scenes on Literotica. Naturally, those of us not struggling with the process ourselves, are & would remain clueless without authors' sharing. Thrilled to know more is on its way.

Too many promising tales are never completed & unsuspecting readers find themselves left hanging, unsatisfied & aching for resolution.

Your characters are attractive & engaging without being cloyingly shallow. Your back-story clues entice us deeper, leaving your impatient fans whining in their frustration.

Thank you for sharing Melissa & Erik with us.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Certainly better that 50 Shades

I stumbled onto your story by accident but have found it a great read. I do hope you will continue it as it resonates with my thoughts on BDSM completely. Well - I hope I don't have to be rich and famous to play the role of Eric. Thanks for your efforts.

fanfarefanfareabout 9 years ago
I gotta add my twenty-two bits

first complaint is speed of production. from someone who has not sen fit to post any stories to this site. frankly i question if you have any writing experience?

i issue this challenge. take a single sheet of college-ruled writing paper and write something, anything. at least ten/twelve words a line, by pen or pencil. if nothing better, just copy out of a book.

how long did that take you to fill up the page of that first rough draft? now go back and redline all your spelling and other errors. how long did that take you?

i suspect you 'produced' a thousand or less words. in several hours, with at least 3 or more errors on each line.

each full page, as posted on the Literotica site in font size 14, is approximately 3,000plus words. So multiply the time you spent times three or four to learn how long it takes to write a single page of a story posted here.

and how ready is your output of one piece of paper to be read and critiqued by us readers?

then the Literotica employees (please support their advertisers, that's who pays the admins salaries) have to sort out hundreds , sometimes thousands of submissions a day. do you think you could handle that workload?

second complaint, widows and orphans. yes there are tens of thousands of abandoned stories on this site. try and realize that the writers live and die in the real world. no matter how much that inconveniences your sense of entitlement. aside from having the bad manners of dying or otherwise incapacitated, there are many other reasons.

some times writers just run out of steam, lose their inspiration, suffer some version or another of writers block. sometimes the writer intended to end it just as you see it, and failed to ask your permission. so sorry. i'm sure.

some writers deliberately leave their stories dangling and if you want the complete work you have to purchase the ebook.

it is my experience that those writers always give fair warning as to their intentions. some writers depend on royalties to supplement their income or even are dependent on earning enough to make a living at it. i personally have no problem with purchasing those writers ebooks even if those stories had already been posted to Literotica, available for free.

oh and by the way, some authors who had attracted a legitimate Publisher, are contractually required to limit or even remove their free material.

i hope i have managed to clarify some of the issues that seem to irritate readers on a regular basis. suck it up and learn a mature resolve to accept what is freely offered, with grace and patience. cause i have no problem publicly calling you trolls out and holding your childish rants up to public ridicule.

and if you delude yourself that is an idle threat, you haven't read commentaries by fanfare. I am a sadistic bastard and i enjoy roasting trolls.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
So Good!

Rarely do I get on Literotica and never have I come back looking for the same story but this one is so good that I am back every day hoping there has been a new "chapter" posted.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
In love

This is perfection! Thank you for this story.. I enjoy reading it so much!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Love the story

I never found my self coming back on this site for any story but urs is awe

Awesome. Simply love it... If possible there is a site called wattpad can u publish this story there also I m sure u will get a great response there....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
a Cunning Plan

or possibly a Cunting Man .

congrats on your Website.

congrats on the Kindle version.

xxx

Moriarty

brentadenbrentadenabout 9 years agoAuthor
Hope is not a Plan

When I started posting the first chapters of Summer Hire on Literotica, my hope was that people would enjoy reading the story. For the past several years, I have been writing Summer Hire for an audience of only one reader: my romantic partner. A few months ago, she suggested that I publish the story. When I stumbled across Literotica a couple of weeks back, it seemed like a great place to post some chapters and see if other people like the story.

It quickly became clear that Melissa and Erik's journey has indeed resonated positively for many readers, so I started working on turning their story into an e-book. I am very grateful to everyone who has been reading these chapters on Literotica. Until the publication wheels grind through to completion at Amazon, I am providing the story I have so far as cheaply as I can at my website (brentaden.com) and Smashwords.

I am also working more consistently on finishing the story, which should hopefully all fit within Part 3. About a half-dozen chapters have already been completed. As the story heads toward its climax, I've discovered that the writing is a bit more demanding, necessitating more rewrites and polishing edits. Nonetheless, progress is being made.

I am very grateful to all the people here at Literotica. Your response gave me the encouragement I needed to move ahead. Thank you,

Brent

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous