All Comments on 'Will You Love Me 'Til I Die? Ch. 14'

by mountaincat4

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
coloradoexilecoloradoexileabout 9 years ago
But what about Sandy?

Great story, but it seems so sad that Carl is having all of this fun (and growth experience) and Sandy, his long suffering wife, is left behind. Why couldn't she be a part of all this?

rkdmomrkdmomabout 9 years ago

I agree, Carl is forgetting his true wife and the love they share just to have orgies all the time. It was one thing to be with a friend til she died but another to be doing all this with everyone. Hurry up and die already.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Carl doesn't love Sandy

Didn't you read the first chapter? It starts with the words "Have you ever wanted to go back in time and do something over again?" The sixth paragraph starts with "My second chance began with a phone call"...from Anne. Odd that she would still be in his phone after all that time...NOT. The author is writing a story (and very well I might add since you all forgot about Sandy since chapter 4 'till now) about Carl's second chance at life and love not Anne's. Anne for all her initial faults is Carl's true love

Need more...(still from chapter one)..."I put my wife through a hell of her own by not being around because I was busy unwittingly digging the grave of my own career. I missed my two kids' birthdays and even a Christmas because of Anne's reign of terror." If he thought that was putting his wife and family through hell, then what does he consider it now as he does to them again in geometric multiples by first using his wife as an incubation box for Anne's and his child, and merrily fucking Anne and everyone else he can as he travels the globe. I'm sure pregnant Sandy is happy at home helping the kids with their homework having just finished their fine Mac and cheese dinner.

Soon (but not too soon) Anne will die in Carl's loving arms, Carl will collect a big check, Sandy will give birth to the only child he truly desires, Carl will leave Sandy and the old kids (hell he was never there for them anyway and why would he ever want that life back), and then Carl lives out his life happily with his new baby (he'll call her Annette) being raised jointly by the troupe gathering around him already.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

I too enjoyed the story at the beginning more. It has gotten to be a formula over the last chapters. Group meets sad person, sad person is shown groups happiness, mad passionate sex, person joins group. I look forward, if it happens soon to see what death brings......Where does Carl go...the child, will she have a family.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Sandy......??

I liked this story however I stopped reading at chapter seven as I suspected Carl's .."love" for sandy was going to be undermined. So I skipped to ch 14 which confirmed it. Sandy should have been brought into the story when she was at the clinic and Anne declares her love for her as she willing to carry Anne's child. Sandy seems to have similar soul to Carl which could have lead to her joining the journey... Carl's love for both women is the basic hook of the story but once sandy is forgotten the point of the story is somewhat lost... It seems ch7 onwards is a completely different story to be told which would be fine as a stand alone piece of work.

albrighaalbrighaabout 9 years ago
The Missing Experience

I truly have enjoyed all of the story up to this point. However, there is an unrealistic and untruth to the true philosophical nature of the story trying to be expressed. I have smiled, cried and been plesantly caught up in the story. I really started to believe in your, love transends all the mental and psychological barriers that all of us grow up with and play out in our lives. Yet, this story gets caught up in it again. The labels are there in subtle ways. It really comes quite clear when the women charecters can enjoy many experiences of physical contact with each other and it just seems like its defined as a deepening of their understanding of love.

and not lesbian love. Male closeness is never charecterized and the only discussion of males experiencing that possible physical interaction is defined as gay. The male charecter enjoys anal stimulation and penetration but it is always done by a female charecter. Why does it seem that you are afraid to have males and your male charecters experience the same openess, caring and deep feeling through touching, holding, kissing, and the other physical/mental/physichological transitions that you write about your female charecters going through? Why do I have to make the statement, I am not gay, so that people will really understand that you can feel mental and physical love for someone and not have to be defined. You are a good author and I enjoy your writings. Just don't get caught up in the same characterizations and stereotypes that you write about.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous