All Comments on 'Alive & Going Home'

by Rumple Foreskin

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
Black TulipBlack Tulipover 20 years ago
Memories

I think you wrote a painful and beautiful story. Your words evoked memories of other wars fought in jungles. My respect.

doormousedoormousealmost 20 years ago
Gawd...

That was so touching!!!

It bought tears to my eyes

Colleen ThomasColleen Thomasover 19 years ago
Sometimes

Sometimes the words won't come. The flash of inspiration drowns in the dark waters of hesitancy, indecision and self doubt. At various times in my writing career, I have sought out the works of others, drawing from their eloquence the spark of new inspiration. I often find myself returning to this work. In its simplicity and stark humaness I find the power of words to move emotion time and again.

Thank you rumps.

-Colly

Scorpio44Scorpio44over 13 years ago
So many of us

have memories that feel, smell and taste like the one you wrote. Thank you, brother. Thank you.

auhunter04auhunter04about 13 years ago
roger that

too many injuries to to many men not all of them in the flesh

rightbankrightbankover 6 years ago
We were not numbers

or disposable

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Interesting Story

I did a couple of tours in a Marine rifle company in Vietnam myself in 69 and 70. Just judging from my experience, those guys in the story who were wounded on Christmas Eve would be lucky to be home by April Fools Day. I was wounded on March 2nd and it was June before I got leave to go home. But anyway, it’s a good story and it brought back a lot of memories. Some good, some, not so much. Thanks, RF.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous