All Comments on 'Thoughts on Anonymous Comments'

by V.Rich

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
the Troubadorthe Troubadorabout 20 years ago
I thoroughly agree!

Like every author (almost) I long for input. Of course we all would like everyone to agree with us, but that would be a very boring universe.

I don't rant or get angry at critism. To the contrary, it triggers an email friend. A whole lot of my email buddies (including other authors I have sent criticism to) were triggered by such dialogue.

But for God's sake, HOW CAN ONE START A ONE WAY DIALOGUE, PEOPLE?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 20 years ago
Go Girl!

Whooo! Boo bush.

Great editorial. Loved it for being true.

DanielOrmeDanielOrmeabout 20 years ago
Feedback helps

You make a great point. Besides the obvious ego gratification, the non-anonymous feedbacks I've gotten have led to interesting discussions, mutual encouragement, and ideas for new stories on both sides. Everyone, if you have something interesting to say to a writer, give him a chance to answer you back. It can really help.

TeaserGirl8TeaserGirl8about 20 years ago
Right on Gal

I agree with you, it's the Internet. The one absolute place in the universal for complete honesty.

Teaser

RedheadWGlassesRedheadWGlassesabout 20 years ago
And on the matter of sex-change after marriage...

In all 50 states, if one married person has gender reassignment surgery, they are still, indeed, legally married. This is true even in states that legally acknowledge the person's new gender identity.

Just wanted to get this fact out there.

Of course, I agreed with you, V. Rich. I mostly am tired of the anonymous feedback that complain about the TYPE of story. Why read it then? The site does a very good job of giving you the basics up front, so you can decide whether you're interested in giving a particular story a try. Don't like incest, fem-dom or group sex? Don't even open those stories.

It's not brain surgery people. It's online porn. Enjoy it, or shut up about it.

frustratedpoodlefrustratedpoodleabout 20 years ago
Very Insightful and Fun

This was great! I am one of those private people that is always loathe to give too much away about my identity whether the site is sex related or not. However, with a nifty handle and an email address reserved for this purpose, there is no reason for me to go anonymous. Or anyone for that matter. I have received a lot of positive feedback on some of my stories from anonymous people that I want to at least thank for taking the time to write, but I can't, and I hate that. I respect their need for anonymity, but there are times I want to shout out a hey to them and acknowledge them. To each his own, I guess.

lundysonlundysonalmost 18 years ago
Haha...I know the feeling

Hey V.Rich,

Thanks for the support with the Anonymous posters. My main contention with them is that most of the people I've run across who refuse to sign their names tend to want to drag everyone and everything down. I don't understand the need to go off on somebody and not have the decency to let them respond. I think anyone reading the comments would agree that the poster seemed more interested in attacking my politics than my story.

Thanks for the suggestion about the title. I'm not sure yet what I'm going to do about a next installment. I have some ideas floating around in my head, but I tend to only write when it's 3 AM and I can't sleep. It seems that the main ideas I have though are for a non-erotic story, so I don't know what will happen. I'm sending you an email for a personal question about story-writing.

Nice essay...even if I don't agree with your opinions on Bush :D

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
from anon in anony-land

Great essay. I don't really care about Bush since he's not my president. I sometimes comment, but write only constructive ones. A well-written essay, VRich, and you are a wonderful writer, but unless I feel the need to proclaim myself, until then I will remain... anonymous. ;)

BADSAM689BADSAM689almost 16 years ago
Anonymous Comments

I read your comment and liked what I read. I rarely comment on the stories and stuff I read here. I don't mainly because some of the comments are totally off the wall. Like one I got on a BDSM story I submitted. The Anonymous Comment said that "he felt sorry for all the pathetic wimps (sic) who need thoughts of BDSM to preform." My question to this person: "What are you doing reading BDSM if you believe only whimps read it?" Anyway, I enjoyed reading your comments. By the way, I never leave an Anonymous Comment.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Poorly Thought Out & Badly Organized

There was no point, no conclusion, and no insight into anything in this...whatever it is. "V.Rich" is anonymous as "BWare" or "Anony" or any other login name out here. That's all that needs to be said on the subject, as this writer correctly stated. Then, this writer goes off on a diatribe about anonymous comments just as if she didn't understand what she'd just written. She whines there's no way to reply to anonymous comments and implies less than favorable ones shouldn't be made on HER submissions. How curious. Totally anonymous behind that shield of a login name of hers, she writes articles about public figures, but readers are supposed to understand that only V.Rich has the God-given right to free speech! Huh? </p>

<p>You can express your anonymous opinion, but anonymous commenters can't. Is that about it, V? Sorry, toots, as long as LE allows anonymous comments, I'll comment whenever and wherever I darn well please. If you don't like them, turn that feature off when you submit your "stories." Above all, quit whining! It's just pathetic and not at all attractive. </p>

<p>Oh, by the by, I’m GeorgeNotAnony.NotRich. I know you because of your login and I also know where you live. We’re not that far apart so why don’t you drop by the house next time you’re down this side of the street? I just baked a cake and brewed a pot of coffee. We can split them between us … if you can figure out how to do it anonymously.

WistempWistempalmost 14 years ago
Indeed, well done!

I have yet to post my own fiction here, but I do have some writing on the 'Net elsewhere and agree 100% with your position. I knew a fellow once, an evangelical pastor, who said he never bothered to read anonymous notes left for him at the church office because he figured if the writer didn't have the guts to put their name to it, it wasn't important enough for him to read.

If one is going to say something, even if it's critical (ESPECIALLY if it's critical), one should be willing to stand behind it. If one isn't willing, one should shut one's piehole. Again, well said!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
I like your style of writing..

Specifically the name V Rich. Last two words to show a spoof. Yes I am sure that the whole thing isn't a spoof but it loved that part.. Like my name

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I for one do not want to give my e-mail address & other personal info

My comments are about the erotic story in question or moments from my own experience that pertain to the storyline.

You can reply to anon comments by submitting your own (signed!) comment to the same story.

E.g. geronimo_appleby on Jun 24/15 submitted a comment to his or her own story Tempted by Tanlines. (The story described my feelings when i was in my early twenties BUT the circumstances were unfavorable to breaking any societal norms, let alone taboos.)

Yours truly,

Bravissimo!

switchhitter46switchhitter46over 5 years ago
My opinion on Anonymous Comments

First off I see them as cowardly trolls who feel free to trash someones work with out consequences. Nasty comments, insulting comments, and personal attacks on someone's work or even against the author personally. Telling them, "Go back to school," "Truth hurts!," as just an example. Constructive criticism is most likely welcomed, and even in my case appreciated. Encouragement too, even with the mistakes, motivates the author to try better next time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Call me for sex +91-8989795781

918989795781

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous