All Comments on 'To Serve & Protect: Concrete Angel'

by patricia51

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
sherlock40sherlock40almost 20 years ago
This is a very powerful story.

I know that people come to this site for the sex, but you should take a moment to read this story. If you see child abuse happening; in your home, at your school, at work or in the neighborhood, report it immediately. Usually this can be done anonomously.

Patricia, please keep up the good job!

dsidedsidealmost 20 years ago
You are the best.

This story shows that you have a heart and serves as a reminder that we should never ever forget our children. Hopefully it will serve as a reminder that we can help prevent these atrocities.

TabooTellerTabooTelleralmost 20 years ago
Wow, powerful

Not the usual from you or on LE but very powerful. Well written, I could feel what she was going through and see it all. Not to mention how he felt. I mean this next statement, Patricia, that story could be published in a paying story market. It is the type of thing people like to read and its very close to to being Pro. Could even be a script for one of those new CS shows on TV.

This and Nightlight shows you started out good and are getting significantly better at writing and this one is a stronger story.

Not much more I can say, except that even though its sad I'm glad I read it.

linda_slinda_salmost 20 years ago
Wonderful as always

This was truely your best. I though nothing could top your 10-7, 10-42. But again you continue to amaze me with your story lines. This tragic but all to real story sould be told. To remind us all of the senseless tragedy that all to offten befalls our most precious gifts to this world our children

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
A moment for pause

Patti:

Yours was a very sombering story. In this forum in which submissions range from the sublime to the utterly ridiculous, your tale charted new territory. When so many readers here, including myself, mistake what is expressed here as some sort of pseudo reality, a story such as yours gives defintion to what is truly, and unfortunately, "real." Judge Patti, thank you for giving us all a moment to put things in perspective.

writingdragonwritingdragonalmost 20 years ago
Reality With A Rattle

Real and with all the pain and desire for a better world a heart full of service can deliver.

Thank You My Lady,

Writingdragon

andrewpetersandrewpetersalmost 20 years ago
Very Thought Provoking

This is a very real story. The series as a whole builds on the development of the characters, and the emotions they go through. Many of the stories on this site involve couples who have children, children who are forgotten about by either spouse as they indulge themselves with their fooling around. Maybe we need to see a story like this to realize that we need to think about the children, not only in situations such as in this story, but in the actions that are taken in many other situations.

It was a very thought provoking story, one I hope will touch many.

rpsuchrpsuchalmost 20 years ago
What is this doing on an erotic site?

Reminding us of our humanity. Reminding us of our strengths and limitations. Reminding us of what is really important. Any place we get that is the right place.

Captain MidnightCaptain Midnightover 19 years ago
The Darker Side

I wrote "Your Papa's a Pig ..." shortly after reading this story and partially in reaction to it. My girlfriend's sister recently got a job with Children's Protective Services as a caseworker. She hasn't seen any homicides yet, but she's seen some things which she only hints about. My girlfriend's sister is built like a linebacker and has a tough attitude to match: if any abusive parent were dumb enough to start a fight with her, she might call for backup or she might finish the fight herself. She mostly talks to the children and doesn't investigate the parents -- that's left to the police -- but she tries to make sure of the children's welfare to keep things like this from happening again.

Stories like this help us realize that there is more to life than just sex, or even having a job, having a loving family and getting to do some things you want to do. S&P may not be a favorite among everybody because it shows a harsh-though-fictionalized version of reality, but I'm mighty proud to be associated with it.

dreampilot79dreampilot79about 19 years ago
Great story

Patricia.. excellent story and one that captures the frustration of reality.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Man's Inhumanity

The dark side of being human is "man's inhumanity to man."

It's not just the inhumanity of the wide scale genocides that seem to have plagued us all too regularly over the last few thousand years.

No, this inhumanity also happens in the individual cases such as the "Concrete Angel." Except for being better written by Patricia, this story could (and does) show up in newspapers across the country all too often.

This is a dark, sad story, but that is part of life!

Patricia - how about a happy, joyful story to cheer us up! (Maybe starting with Pat's daughter being born (with attendant happiness) and ending with her daughter "Angel" saving a little girl as her mom was unable to. I'd like to try this myself, but only you can do it right!)

This was nicely written with a very tight focus. With an economical use of words you aroused a strong emotional response from the readers.

You're the best!

-------------------------------------------------

A statue stands in a shaded place,

An angel girl with an upturned face,

A name is written on a polished rock,

A broken heart that the world forgot.

(Stephanie Bentley, Rob Crosby)

DevilOrAngelDevilOrAngelabout 15 years ago
I always cry listening to that song

Your well thought out and direct story brought out the same reaction. Great job Pat :-)

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 11 years ago
Incredible

Such emotion. Very intense tale. This could happen in any inner city but I doubt whether there would be officers who care as much as Pat.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Oh my . . .

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I cried

So so sad but a fantastic story. Thank you Pat. XXX

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous