All Comments on 'The Story of O'

by simply_cyn

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Story of O was a rubbish.

Read the sequal to the novel and you'll see why.

O is a gaping asshole, by the way (if you are a macho muslim, anti-gay Southern Baptist, or any other jerk-off biggots, don't even read the story of O. Burn it before you open a page!).

Juden raus!

QuineQuinealmost 19 years ago
Have you read Ann Rice's Sleeping Beauty?

I liked your review. I felt much the same way about the Story of O, though thanks to its brevity it went over better in my mind than did Ann Rice's "Sleeping Beauty" trilogy which went on and on in much the same vein, though it did contribute to the genera by exploring male as well as female slavery.. Interesting... But slavery and S&M generally are not so much my cup of tea...

Thanks for the review

libertarianlibertarianabout 15 years ago
Story of O

What a well written review of the Story of O. From my point of view, the book was awesome, but I can see other views of the story. What makes the book powerful to me is the voluntary release of freedom the book depicts. O willingly gives up her rights to her Masters, and revels in that loss of freedom. Is this something I want from my submissive, yes and no.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous