All Comments on ''llusions'

by twelveoone

Sort by:
  • 24 Comments
Maria2394Maria2394almost 20 years ago
you warned me...

but with the big green E, how could I NOT read this?

okay, its different, thats what makes it good, really good, or maybe, its the insight, the observations, or maybe the add colors as moods require? I think I will have to read it many times to get the entire message, but this has my attention, fully, already, excellent work, gc ;)

ReltneReltnealmost 20 years ago
Twist your eyes around this!

It is worth a 5 just for the spacing effort. There are several inner-contained poemlets, some obvious, some not I think.

Is "psychology" misplaced to the left?

Too bad that Literotica doesn't do color! :)

annaswirlsannaswirlsalmost 20 years ago
hat off

I am going to say I loved it even before fully giving it my attention it deserves--- I am going to print this bad boy out.

Congratulations by the way on that shiny new E!

AngelineAngelinealmost 20 years ago
Psychedelic!

That's sort of how your poem feels to me--psychdelic--and a very well-deserved E. :) I love the way you've woven the references together; you use everything. It's not just content, but the wild formatting, too--even the punctuation and the asterisks add to it. It's unique and yet there are echoes of Ginsberg, cummings, maybe even Whitman in it to me. Great work!

Maria2394Maria2394almost 20 years ago
please forgive

a double PC, but I just realized what this reminded me of, a book my daughter bought for her BF, called House of Leaves...check it out, the formatting is sort of similar to your poem ;)

twelveoonetwelveoonealmost 20 years agoAuthor
And please forgive me

Part of this was a deliberate "response" to so-called shape poetry, and note my shapes are a little hap-hazard(due to subject matter) I PM'ed Maria2349, about my concern about the "Easter Bunny" I kept thinking maybe I saw it before, but I could not find it again. (stuff goes in, stuff goes out). If anyone can find that rabbit...

lostandfounderlostandfounderalmost 20 years ago
What the?

I can't imagine how long it took you to TYPE this, let alone write it. I know I'm missing at least half of the references...I agree that it seems very psychdelic...following Timothy Leary on his last long trip...This is going to take some time to digest

WickedEveWickedEvealmost 20 years ago
it's really cool to look at and

a bit of a challenge to read. :)

doormousedoormouseover 19 years ago
Someone stole my word

...psychedelic!!

So much going on at once. Wow, great concept, and congrats on the E!!

I love your mind ;-)

Bill DadaBill Dadaabout 19 years ago
This one kicks ass

Layers upon layers with holes in the layers so visually one layer blends with the other. Reads sorta like Burroughs cut ups 'cept not as random, much more choreographed. I'm still reeling.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
LSD

This is what happens to your brain on LSD.

anonamouseanonamouseabout 19 years ago
Heh, heh

Duh, Previous commenter has head in bag of glue

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
wow

This type of formatting always boggles my mind! great poem

~Syn

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
hum...

I have seen such disjoining...and separation...no flow...no fountain...no river...just chaos....

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Poem is OK

I think your poem is good.......but the formatting is awful!

Why did you make it so hard to read?

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Trippy

Was browsing and came across this. Very trippy, very cool!

oregon_galoregon_galover 18 years ago
hmmmm

score 100 for the inventive format...im making a hard copy so i can understand the rest....thanks for the trip.

ishtatishtatabout 18 years ago
Bloody Good

If there's such a thing as illustrated poetry this is it.loved it.

duddle146duddle146over 17 years ago
Reality!

So vital and alive with images. Like a picture book set to verse. Wonderfully Crafted! Enjoyable Read!

steve portersteve porterover 16 years ago
Word Slingin'

What a gas...some see Burroughs, but I see Corso...it's the beat!

faq_u2faq_u2almost 13 years ago
Intriguing Mind

I enjoyed the fact I could almost feel your mind floating when you wrote this.

I also liked what you did with the characters...(letters) and how you spaced and placed them indicating the illusion.

Nice work

tazz317tazz317almost 12 years ago
WHY DOES ILLUSIONS LEAD TO

propganda logos and phrases. TK U MLJ LV NV

HarryHillHarryHillover 11 years ago
Twelve Oh......

I'm seeing this for the first time. Fantazz tic. "I'm not worthy ..." WAYNES WORLD *color: envy green*

TsothaTsothaalmost 10 years ago

"muddy"; or, what the fuck did I just read?

"Haha". Ok, seriously now, I probably lack 90% of the references I need. And the 10%, I'm just too dense to get. Nonetheless, I like the idea of writing different streams, and weaving them (visually) together. The fourth stanza (or block of text) in particular throws the reader one way, and then the other. Bizarre (interesting) demonstration of control, except I have no idea why you're doing it.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous