All Comments on 'Metal & Perfume'

by Marty Eagan

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Not good at all

Meaning no disrespect to you and the missus, but it was a real let-down to come to the end and find that it was all play-acting. I'm not complaining because of a fetish, because I neither have nor need one: I've been married to a disabled woman for 18+ years. The sex is not unlike that for any other married couple, including yourselves. You said in your story that most "normal" people don't know how to act around disabled people; apparently, they don't know how to write about them, either...

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
a bit of a disappointment

Unlike your other stories, which were very well done, this might have crossed a line somewhere (I can't believe I'm saying that). I have no problem with your fetish per se and play acting is great fun, but maybe there are some things that should be left alone, like faking disabilities. This may be just me however, because I know a few people who don't have the luxury of faking.

edtrainedtrainover 19 years ago
My 2 Cents Worth

Hi Marty,

I'll be the "counterpoint" to the earlier posts.

Their points are valid. I would add that I think that no "pretender" ever means the slightest disrespect to those who have permanent, lifelong disabilities of any kind. We understand that our pretending is a choice. Those with a disability have no such choice. I realize that those with real disabilities cannot fathom why anyone would want to pretend to be disabled. Fair enough. We can't explain it either. It just "is".

Our attraction to one type of disability or another is not so different from a man who is attracted to a woman's large breasts or to her shapely legs or any of her other physical feature. How you explain the "why?" of those attractions? It's virtually impossible.

The key difference in our attraction is that we are attracted to something that the person usually *dislikes*, *despises* or *hates* about herself. She is not trying to present that aspect of herself in a favorable light. Yet... we sieze upon that aspect as something of a "bonus" in the whole woman. She is appalled. Her mind cannot comprehend this point of view. Only a few open-minded women are able to perceive this "different" attitude as something positive and good.

That being said... I think your story was a marvelous flight of fantasy. It's a short story in the mold of O. Henry. A very well crafted, engaging story with a "twist" at the end. Well done.

I encourage you to keep writing. You have a talent that deserves further cultivation and increased public attention.

I prefer not to be anonymous.

Best wishes,

Ed

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
If they don't like it, let them write their own!

I can see that the Viagra Chompers didn't like your story, but it was great. Who knows whether the gimpy doll they ogled as she crutched her way down the street was real, or a pretender? Why should it matter, it's all Walter Mitty stuff anyway, isn't it?

Who here would demand a divorce if they found out the woman they married, thinking she was crippled, turned out to be pretending?

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
pretending is fine, symantics is a bitch

I'm disabled and know and appreciate the desires and kicks of pretenders.

Your writing is ok, but I just couldn't get around the stinging terminology you used when talking about people with disabilities.

Come on, 'lame'? Give somebody a break!

I couldn't help telling you this, because I think it's painful enough to let you know that it really does hurt someone when you chose to use those words.

I love the idea of it being a sex game between a married couple. Good going there!

Wish we all could have as much fun.

alexis_malexis_mover 18 years ago
The ultimate in True Love

This is an amazing story of true love with no limits. Jenna was willing to do whatever it took to please her man in the special way that he needed to be arroused. She obviously couldn't create a real disability for herself so being a pretender was her most precious offering to him. She is the kind of lover that every man envys... a woman whose greatest joy in life is to afford her man the ultimate pleasure that he deserves. Marty, I love this story. Were the opportunity be mine to please you this way I would do my best to indulge you in ways that you could only dream.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous