All Comments on 'Inhumanity'

by Zanzibar

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
tungtied2utungtied2uover 19 years ago
A strong poem

but while a tragic confluence of circumstance led to this event, I find the inhumanity in the poverty and death of hope which promulgates gangs to form in the first place. Thanks for your poem

*thrm off

tarablackwood22tarablackwood22over 19 years ago
Interesting

and well-thought out take on the topic. I am impressed that one would choose such a slice-of-life and human incident rather than a full-blown and well-known one. The real inhumanity lies in each and every one of these tiny moments as well, and they are much better fodder for quality poetry.

BlueskyBeautyBlueskyBeautyover 19 years ago
clever way..

of shedding light on this issue.

from the beginning of time it seems color is always an issue with hatred.

this is a story that happens far to often i think.

wow, the inhumanity challenge brought about some beautiful poetry.

ty for this!

champagne1982champagne1982over 19 years ago
gangs, colors ...

and the mob mentality. Those dealt harsh doses of pain and indignity are twice as likely to treat others the same way. Thanks for showing us another nasty crevice in the smooth facade of our utopian society.

ZanzibarZanzibarover 19 years agoAuthor
Thanks for the comments

I think the bigger inhumanities are partially created by our acceptance of the ones on a personal level that we accept and allow every day.

I picked something close to home for me, as I was there when the LA riots broke out after the Rodney King verdicts, with National Guard on the streets and buildings burned or looted on my block.

BooMerengueBooMerengueover 19 years ago
!

Again- I am amazed at the diversity of responses! Thanks, Zan, so much for this small vignette!

ferociouskittycatferociouskittycatover 19 years ago
Strong.

Well structured and you did a fantastic job!!

Good job. ;-)

CharleyHCharleyHover 19 years ago
Colour

was a powerful tool that I felt could have been more emphatically used. While well written and tragic, you did not draw me to feel that the situation was an example of inhumanity, but rather you painted a picture observed visually, but not quite emotionally enough. Nonetheless, a good entry.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Good use ......

....of words. The thread of colour that has as many meanings as the reader chooses to see is wonderful. Thank you Zan.

I do not use the thermometer.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Inhumanity

The poem has an excellent feel, a meaning. Somehow it falls a bit short in passion, it seems to me. However, I'm not certain how that passion might have been added, so view this simply as one person's view.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous