All Comments on 'Who Killed Lois Laynes?'

by sack

Sort by:
  • 20 Comments
sacksackover 19 years agoAuthor
Author Comment

For those readers that are pretty sure they know the answer to this, I would appreciate it if you would send me a private e-mail (anonymous is OK) rather than leave a public comment. This would be helpful to prevent others who are thinking about the solution from reading the public comments and being influenced one way or another. Of course, feel free to leave a public comment on any other aspect of the story, or a general statement. Happy sleuthing! Sack

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
The Answer is . . .

Professor James, in the library, with an icepick.

AngelineAngelineover 19 years ago
What a Pace!

You are quite the writer. Your prose is very powerful--you managed to maintain a dragnet-like reporting style, which maybe makes the pathos of Lois come across even better. It's tough to write suspense in my opinion because it seems like it would be easy to get so caught up in keeping the details straight that the quality of the story would suffer. That's not the case, here. There are some changes I would make, but that's probably got more to do with my style than your writing.

And I think I know who did it, lol, but I'll check back after Halloween to see if I was right. :)

sacksackover 19 years agoAuthor
In response to Anonymous....

To anonymous: For some reason at the moment at least (10/17/04) this story has not been put on the master list of Halloween Contest stories. I'm sure it will at some point, but in the meantime I'm letting people know that it is a bonafide contest entry in the New section. Also, if I read a story that is somewhat like my own, I will sometimes mention "I have a similar story...." I do not see how this is "shameless." My feeling is if I take the time to carefully read and comment on a given story, it is not unreasonable to expect the same in return and to give information on how this might be accomplished. After all, stories are not able to promote themselves. Several people have written to me privately thanking me for pointing them to my stories. Sorry, you just sound like someone with pre-conceived judgements who is taking them out on my story.

millennium_bardmillennium_bardover 19 years ago
Excellent mystery

One of the best erotic mysteries that I have read in years!

Green_GemGreen_Gemover 19 years ago
Interesting concept...and different

Well, I had to look in on this mystery and now I am curious although I have my own idea as to who could have done it. I'll be looking in to the Hangout to see if my suspicions are correct. Thanks for the read and good luck.

My Erotic TailMy Erotic Tailover 19 years ago
Witty~

Cleaver, Inspirational, delightful, intriguing and a darn good story. Easy to follow and energetic, not to mention erotic...Good Luck and (*_*) Happy Halloween

nikkienikkieover 19 years ago
Very nice

I have read your story before you left a comment on mine (thank you for that).

I found your story very intriguing and erotic, but more to the point, I liked your development of Lois' character, her willingness to be used and abused, the desparation and the sinister oozing all over the place.

Well done!

Good luck with the contest.

Goldie MunroGoldie Munroover 19 years ago
Cool!

I loved the pace of this - and of course now I want to know whodunnit!!

Colleen ThomasColleen Thomasover 19 years ago
Basil of Baker Street

Where is the greatmouse detective whn I need him? :)

Neato idea, well crafted and excellently paced.

best of luck :)

-Colly

neonlyteneonlyteover 19 years ago
Nice Twist

Good twist Sack.

I'll have to re-read and search for clues.

Lady LayLady Layover 19 years ago
Happy Halloween sack

Original and ingenious idea for a Halloween story. Good luck in the contest...now I’m rereading for clues. Lady Lay

Boxlicker101Boxlicker101over 19 years ago
Interesting

Interesting story. Personally, I think all three of those guys belong in prison but I will have to read over for clues.

carsonshepherdcarsonshepherdover 19 years ago
I have no clue...

Who could have dunnit, but this was a good, snappy story. Nice writing.

Black TulipBlack Tulipover 19 years ago
No clue

I have no clue who could have done it, but I liked reading your story. I'll check the AH for the solution. LOL

Good luck.

SabledrakeSabledrakeover 19 years ago
Clever!

I wanted to read more! A whodunit, neat idea!

dcpoet44dcpoet44over 18 years ago
well......my pick....

is the secret admirer only because there is nothing written about that individual. my reasoning might be warped. but it is mere presumption because of actual name identities in the black book. great story. and i haven't found the answer in the authors hangout......

ChanickyChanickyabout 12 years ago
Please!!!

Who killed Lois? I need to know...... Why did they arrest Eddie and did the other's show up?

DC_Michael_1981DC_Michael_1981over 4 years ago
Lanes s Laynes

Eddie killed her because, among the lovers, only he knew she was killed as the lanes; the bowling alley, the Mini Bowl.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great introductory story. I’m completely baffled about who did it of the 4?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous