All Comments on 'To Be An Envelope'

by Liar

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
annaswirlsannaswirlsover 19 years ago
beauty in function

to be an envelope

thank you for this example of what to me is the most important component of poetry, taking something that everyone sees and thinking what no one has thought-- Einstein's definition of genius, my definition of a poet... to take those thoughts and lay them out clearly, accessible, beautifully.

ABSTRUSEABSTRUSEover 19 years ago
Yes...

I do believe this is quite brilliant.

WickedEveWickedEveover 19 years ago
I knew this was going to be fabulous

when I saw the title. You never fail to impress.

postobitumpostobitumover 19 years ago
Wow

that's one hell of a poem about a really mundane everyday object. Very nice job!

twelveoonetwelveooneover 19 years ago
*

Agree with anna, do like this the best, I think it sets the rest of it off nicely

"But now a strange container,

paper thin wall enigma.

Shielding hope and hunger

side by side, letter by letter."

My Erotic TaleMy Erotic Taleover 19 years ago
envelope?

I think the sadest part would be once delivered and opened...its trashed and/or burned...(*_*)

great concept...

I see your word wizardry sparkles

I'll have to polish mine~

thanks Art~

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Have to agree

with what was stated before in your comments Liar, that you've made insignificant utilitarian item become meaningful.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Mutual

How sad that a mutual admiration group leaves praise for pieces of crap. Get serious. This isn't poetry. It reads like words penned by someone high on something other than life. Get real, people. Get educated.

Crapola!

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
you know what?

even a mutual admiration group can recognize something with substance, something that does not rhyme or make sounds like squishy love sick barely literate females, can be poetry, this is intelligent, educated, perhaps you aren't and that is the root of the problem?

impressiveimpressiveover 19 years ago
I see that ...

... Mr. Crapola in the U S of A has struck again. Get a life, poetry troll -- or at least get the balls to stop hiding behind "Anonymous."

You don't like our work? Let's see YOURS. Show us how it's done, slick.

foehnfoehnover 19 years ago
Just venting...

The "Mutual" comment is so crass, it's pathetic and not worthy of occupying space. If you don't know what metonymy is, look it up for chrissakes. I don't think the author is the one without the education, here. If you sweep out the anonymous comment, Liar, (and that would be my vote) get rid of this one too, and I'll re-comment on the technical beauty of this piece of high art you've created. (And if Anonymous wants to read some REAL crap, maybe he should go straight to the gutter and read e.e. cummings. [tongue-in-cheek] )

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Still Stroking

Still crap

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
~

Fabulous poetry!

I see someone has a jealously problem. Tsk tsk to the asshole. :)

NeonuroticNeonuroticalmost 13 years ago
Such a utilitarian thing like an envelope is elevated with this elegant poem.

This has always been one of my favorite poems here on Lit. So, I faved it once again.

melimelissamelimelissaover 5 years ago
Lovely

These are lovely verses. smiles Méli.

JonasRobinsonJonasRobinsonover 4 years ago
Good stuff.

This was very beautiful. I enjoyed this because of its deep sense of wit and rhetoric. Thank you for sharing. :)

Mememe4Mememe4about 3 years ago

I was brought up to keep my negative thoughts to myself. Some weren’t brought up the same way I see.

Besides that point, your words painted a beautiful image of literary images in my mind. I appreciate that you shared your work of art . Be kind.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous