All Comments on 'Reflections in Steel'

by katnip_21f

Sort by:
  • 29 Comments
Nightowl22Nightowl22over 19 years ago
Decision time still!

Well written but not complete for me. I need to know his course of action for closure. Divorce? I think it would be best.

Maybe he should also try to connect with that one woman. She MIGHT be still available. Getting rid of the slut is mandatory, though. She not only doesn't love or respect him or even her daughters.

Are you planning the closing chapter? Or leave me hanging like Troubador is wont to do??

fumunda cheezefumunda cheezeover 19 years ago
Great

Masterfully done. Great descriptions of a very hard subject. Even though he wanted to kill her, then himself, he chose rationality rather than an insane and animalistic approach.

Like the other commenter, I'd like to see another chapter but it is your story and you saw fit to end it in a way that the reader could speculate on the eventual outcome.

Well done.

samissamisover 19 years ago
Wonderful

Wonderful Phoenix rising from the ashes of ones' memories story. Keep him strong if there is a continuance.

ryu77ryu77over 19 years ago
Emotions running high!!

What a great piece of work. It can shows us how betrayal can hurt and can cause bad effects.

I would like to read more about what happens to him, but I am quite content with the ending. He won.

Cheers!

sculptjimsculptjimover 19 years ago
Yes

It's good. Now it needs a good ending. Resolve it please. In a story like this bad should not profit. The emotion is so real, so so real and so strong. Give your character a strong out, make it good.

sherlock40sherlock40over 19 years ago
Very realistic and true to life

You have captured some of the pain and anguish that a cheating spouse can cause to the other person. I think that you have done a fine job with this story and if there is another part, I am sure that it will be done just as well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Leave it alone!

I don't know how many stories on here have been ruined because the author keeps adding "chapters" until the wife is fucking 10 black men and the husband is happily eating their spent cum. For God's sake, leave it alone.

It's done. It is a complete story. If you have more to say, write about something else.

bearleebearleeover 19 years ago
Well done

I see this in my work alot! I don't understand the last comment-I checked and this is your second story-the first under incest/taboo-so the comment puzzles(I didn't read that one by the way so I don't know it's associated with this but I can't imagine how it could be).

rpsuchrpsuchover 19 years ago
If there is a sequel

If there is a sequel, for me it would be to hear the story from her POV. I share his lack of understanding as to why she would act this way. What does she get out of staying married? Why did she agree to marry in the first place? What does she get out of lying and then out of rubbing it in his face? To me, the only weakness of the story was not having any idea, even in my own imagination, why she would act this way. Everything he thought and his reactions were genuine. But her behavior makes her an enigma. Because she is so enigmatic it is not possible to guage the effect of any action he might take in a sequel so that is why I say that if you do one, tell the story from her POV. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
No sequel needed

This is a story that stands on its own with or without sex. Even though I would have liked to have seen her face and heard her reactions when he finally said it's over the ending you wrote is the most important one. He won and she may never realize what she had. The children won and she may never realize what she lost. Excellent story.

katnip_21fkatnip_21fover 19 years agoAuthor
Note from the author

There's been some controversy here about how I chose to end the story. Let me first say that this story is based on the very true events surrounding the divorce of someone dear to me.

Second, the point of the story is not to tell you what he chooses to do, but to demonstrate to the reader that he has found his strength and self-worth. With these newfound qualities, you may presume his course of action will be one of empowerment.

Third, you are all right, the wife character is an enigma - but so is the real person she was based on. To this day, we don't understand her motivation, but she continued her destructive course of action arbitrarily long after this story took place. I'm sorry I can't give you any insight, but to keep her real, I simply have none to give.

I guess perhaps I should have put this in an author's note at the beginning of the story, but I'm new on the site. Now I know and will keep readers of future stories in the know. Thank you all for your helpful comments.

Katania

Kanga40Kanga40over 19 years ago
Great story!

There have been many stories posted on this site that not only begged for, but truly need an ending.

THIS IS NOT ONE OF THEM.

You have left this right where it ends satisfactorily for the scenario you presented to us.

You did it brilliantly - there are many authors who have toiled for a lifetime and wish they could have written this story as well as you did.

To go any further you really would need to get into the woman's mind, and as you have pointed out, you don't know how to get there.

DON'T BE TEMPTED TO PLAY WITH A CLASSIC!!

Kanga40Kanga40over 19 years ago
Just a quick PS...

To katnip:

For those who did not understand the story, it is probably pointless trying to explain what you were writing about.

Very like the great joke you have to explain... why bother?

rlg99rlg99over 18 years ago
Thought Provoking

I can't begin to guess how he must feel right now but it can't be good, I think you captured all of the emotions he must be going through.Good Work Writer.

Bob

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Questions???

Are the children his?! Why did she take the younger daughter with her to the dojo and not the elder?! We really need to know more about this woman...something doesn't smell right!

bornagainbornagainabout 17 years ago
Divorce the cheater

The cheating woman she becieves the man when he is over seas and fights for us then he comes home and she still lies and cheats on him he doesnt deserve her and the kids how does he know there his ?

he should get pictures on her adultry and take the kids away from her and denigh her and visitation to the kids!

Atlanta,Ga

CocoaSashimiCocoaSashimiabout 17 years ago
Well written!

Don't change a single word, and ignore the criticism.

Those who have stood on the same precipice understand completely the torment under which your main character exists. The epiphany reached at the end was perfect!

KOLKOREKOLKOREalmost 15 years ago
The story of a paralized enabler

I can't remember Kanga recommending a story so strongly... I wish I could share her sentiments. The dramatic setting is captivating of course, but the way I read it you can learn quite a bit about the wife her character and motivations (selfish and unloving as they may be). <P>

What left me much less than satisfied is the husbands’ character. Willfully blind to the facts which created his own

predicament - and I am not talking about the first stage of blind infatuation. Those "hints" pointing to his wife's on going betrayal and contempt towards him were as thick as a wall of bricks... It virtually moves him to different category of an enabler; that is if I don't use the classic term usually used for this type of husbands here...<P>

The ending was no better than the kind of no -action no decision we see throughout the story. We just know he decided not to take one stupid action, and the rest? Oh well - the story ended; not a minute too soon for me.

OleTroubadorOleTroubadoralmost 15 years ago
WOW!

So many have, at some time in their life, been depressed enough to consider suicide. Most manage to sit it aside and continue life. You have an opportunity with this story to expand and continue this introspective journey. The storyline is at a crossroad with many possible paths ahead.

I would like to see you continue. I am curious what future path you would choose for the story to take.

PistolpackinpetePistolpackinpeteover 13 years ago
This is very well written but....

it's hard to relate to an Eskimo that can't see the snow.

chytownchytownalmost 9 years ago
Heart Breaking****

I glad he did not shoot the wife. Thanks for the read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
UGH!

Your story is disgusting, sickening and pathetic! He was warned but acted STUPIDLY AND WIMPISHLY! Worried about his daughters???? I don't think so! They're his excuse! He's is truly an ass-wipe wimp!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
UGH!!!

....In addition, the whole story is his WAY OVER THE TOP emotions for a military officer! Just doesn't make sense! Then you don't finish the story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Pussy wimp husband

Stop crying and kill yourself. Whiny bitch of a man. Career military??

Career loser. No wonder she fucks real men.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A WORTHY CUCK CUCK STORY.

nixroxnixroxover 1 year ago

3 stars - Suicide is a very real and ongoing problem with currently serving and ex-military personnel - always has been for centuries. Although, recently they are trying to implement PTSD therapy, but it is too little and too late for most of us. If I had it all to do over again, I would never have married while serving - it just created all kinds of difficult situations that pretty well destroyed any caring, loving, relationship.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy9 months ago

The perils of marrying someone unworthy!

4

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

How he did he work in the military, whimp's should never marry can't even confront her stupid story..

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous