All Comments on 'The Ultimate Revenge'

by rpsuch

Sort by:
  • 89 Comments
JDsellerJDsellerabout 19 years ago
A very good story of how revenge backfires!!!

When a spose cheats in a marriage the relationship is over. Then to revenge cheat just kills any chance of any type of new relationship developing. This story shows how revenge usually does not go as planned. You have written avery different type of ending for this story. Please keep these very good stories comming.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Think about it...

An interesting 'take' on an age-old problem. Do I sense a lesson in here somewhere?

I wonder: How often does the act of revenge go as intended? How often are the desired results really achived? What's the percentage of couples that remain together after one has cheated and the other has had revenge?

It seems to me that if a couple were to try to stay togrther, wouldn't it be harder to repair the damage of two wrongs.

A good story, RP. Thank you for a thought-provoking tale.

Kanga40Kanga40about 19 years ago
Different, yes

Would I save it and read it again - no.

The first 95% of the story was so stereotyed I almost stopped reading. Almost - any other author and I would have stopped without finishing it.

That's what it is like, but I knew there would be a twist - then the candle dropped, and so did the penny.

Sorry, far, far, far from your best.

beesfanbeesfanabout 19 years ago
Favourite author - but!

You are one of the best authors on the site. However, I had problems with this story. Firstly, in the set-up I thought I was re-reading 'Making Amends' by mistake, the plot was so similar. Secondly, this was obviously a very bad experience for the husband but for the wife it was a total emotional disaster. He has the 'benefit' of being out of it. She has to live with the fact that her absurd over-reaction to his initial misdemeanour, and her chosen means of revenge, actually killed her husband and to deal with both her own feelings about this and those of her friends and relations. This is the kind of scenario which would make it difficult to see a way forward for most people, but you give us very little indication of how she is dealing with this mentally.

Apart from this, your message that revenge is a dangerous process which often spirals out of control is well taken. I look forward to your next story (or a conclusion to your much lighter 'Superman or Clark Kent' tale, if, indeed, there is more to come!).

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
LOVING?? wives

I QUIT READING WHEN THE FIRE STARTED....IT WAS JUST TOO SICK FOR ME. THIS BELONGS IN A GROUP KNOWN AS VENGEFUL WIVES AND MURDERERS....HATED IT. BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
been there done that

it's copycat of two other stories, this one ended up bad but just change the names and you have "Hildy".

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 19 years ago
Realism

This story wasn't especially erotic, but very thought provoking. The stories in here so often show little or no consequences for actions that range from unacceptable to dangerous. This simply indicates how things can go wrong, and is more likely than four housewives wanting to sleep with a man to get revenge on a cheating husband. Well done.

ChagrinedChagrinedabout 19 years ago
RP What the hell were you thinking?!

...when you wrote this? Since we are compartiots I will be a little harsher. This should have been fleshed out a little more and submitted as an alternative ending to Hildy. I know you would never intentionally rip off anothers plot so what I think we are seeing here was the way Hildy could have (and probably should have LOL!) ended. (Actually, I thought so too. I remember during the tie up scence thinking, What if there is a fire , you stupid bitch?) You're writing seemed a bit more rushed also. You are a damn good wordsmith and have shown it on many occasions. Not as obvious here. I can see you wanted to make a point on the old adage "When one plans on revenge, first you dig two graves" idea but it was just too rushed. Please go back, and redo the theme, because no one can do that theme better than you!

To be fair, I thought you might have been pandering to the unwashed masses out there in LitLand. Keep doing what you do best and you will continue to be one of the best writers out there!

And to the others commenters on the backfiring revenge theme: I disagree that revenge often backfires. I habitually engage in it as do many folks right here in Lit Land and it always works for me! :-)

Give your soul to the Lord because your ASS IS MINE! lol1

Shawn

fumunda cheezefumunda cheezeabout 19 years ago
Strikingly similar

to Making amends. No, the woman in the story could not have ever suffered enough for what she did. (Candles to make the setting more romantic?) She wanted to fuck the guy, not make him propose to her. Weak plot building.

I am not going to be as harsh on you as the other folks here. I love your stories. Your plot building on this one was weak. A little more time on this element of the story would have contributed greatly to it's acceptance. I guess you needed the fire for killing Doug, but a twist would have been the baby died in the fire and Doug was able to free himself, or another scenario, she is given life or even the death penalty for the murder. Her husband, after all, had been tied up and that alone would indicate a certain amount of premedidation on her part. The motive of course, revenge.

Gary

fakers51fakers51about 19 years ago
awesome writing

Thanks rpsuch for writing something and letting us know the consquences of one of the things that can happen in those bondages situations. We have read many chapters, where the husband, wife or lover tie up one or the other for fun, punishment, or non-consensual relations. In many cases those persons are left to defecate, urinate, choke, cry have the urge to scatch, or turn over to change positions. Those persons who use this method for punishnment in many cases don't give damn. None of these persons are doctors and maybe not know what conditions a strain this kind of restrictioin on a person. Yet we just read of a tragic event

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Doesnt float my boat:

I cant be critical as others have, for the simple reason my feelings deal with prefrence and not your abilities. I personally do not care for the negative theme in my escapism. I also realize that in real life much is not positive. I also realize that revenge is at best useless, better to turn the page with life and get on with it. The story was very good, it has moral values and an intelligent well thought out plot. Lastly even though all the above is true, my boat did not float, yet the ocean floats many differen't types. Good job, yet would love a part two to Clark Kent or Superman? Oh and always Thank You.

ChagrinedChagrinedabout 19 years ago
It is with much "chagrin" that I aplogise!

Having spoken with the author (yes we do sometimes swap ideas and views!) I have to revise what I said. This, when one doesn't have his head up his ass as I did when I read it, is actually pretty good satire of a story we all know and some of us are trying to forget. Soooo

RPsuch, my apologies!

Chagrined

magmamanmagmamanabout 19 years ago
Disturbing.

The more likely response from a wife in this situation would be to get pissed off and burn dinner, not go screw some slug.

So believeable was lost right off the bat.

Consequence? There always is one. Always.

Not your best effort, this needed lots more of some parts and lots less in others.

sherlock40sherlock40about 19 years ago
I liked this story

With many of the stories here that tie up the husband for revenge, usually the wife goes over the top getting her retaliation. This story, at least, showed what can happen when that happens.

It's not your best story, but it is still head and shoulders above most of the writings on this site. Thank you.

ryu77ryu77about 19 years ago
WTF?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never saw that ending coming....

*lost for words*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
One Sick Story...

I suspect that you think are writing "bad ending" stories because you want to "save" people from their sinful behavior. I think you are fooling yourself-You get off on writing about the "sin" and get off even more by writing about the punishment of the "sinner". To each his own, I guess, but I wish there was a specific category for this type of sick fantasy so we could be saved the trouble of reading it.

the Troubadorthe Troubadorabout 19 years ago
You underline the old addage

that revenge is best served cold. It was a little confusing to read. I had to go back to pick up that the smarm had come in unannounced, and it took a moment to uncerstand you were having your heroine fantasizing when she talks about Doug doing good things to her. Also you made not attribution to the Smarm when he calls her a slut. Reading it fast, I thought she was calling herself one. While appropriate, that didn't fit, so I had to go back again to figure out where your mind was coming from.

Like Hildy, she goes over the top, unlike Hildy she was entirely sane when she did it. And I liked Chagrine's comment that he who seeks revenge need first dig two graves. I hadn't heard that one before.

And for God's sake, don't tell Melado about this.

Doug

SalamisSalamisabout 19 years ago
Depraved Indifference

I have read a number of stories on this site where collateral damage is acceptable and depraved indifference would best categorize the actions of the main character. That is one reason why I liked this story.

I enjoyed it for one other reason too. This story in a sense cleans up the mess that was made by "Making Amends" which itself was a different take on the classic "Hildy". Thanks for having the guts to provide another perspective closer to reality.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Erotic story????

You must be kidding if you think this is an erotic story. What the hell happended when you were writing it. The sudden change in mood was crap.

SamuelxSamuelxabout 19 years ago
Rampant Misandry (Hatred For Men) !!!

This is one of the most twisted pieces of fiction I've

ever read. Seriously messed up. I hate it. I hate it. I think the author is a misandrist. M-I-S-A-N-D-R-I-S-T.

That means MAN-HATER. You must be one sick and twisted person. I hope none of this is real because if it is, you will be hunted down to the ends of the earth by the police for your crime. have a nice day !!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Perhaps a Triffle Rushed - Only Perhaps

First of all - an extremely thoughtful scenario - yes, perhaps a rendition with a different slant - But I don't understand the sameness critisism - the closing slant stood apart. It is amazing to me to read the multiple variations of the same themes delivered on this site as well (high quality) as some of them are. After all, how many ways can a man and a women make whoope. Yet this author delivers a well written and entertaining product every time out of the gate as very few do. Are some controversial - do some require your own ending - is everyone pleased - but all are well thought out and carefully packaged.

Perhaps a triffle rushed towards the hectic end - perhaps a bit over reacted by the wife - was it his best effort - perhaps in whose judgment? - put it away RP - I liked it and look forward to your next effort.

Again, thanks for your time, effort and talents - best Regards

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Absolute Crap

This story sucks, sounds like it was written by some bitter man hater. The story wasn't even sexually exciting in anyway. This doesn't even qualify as an erotic story! just a waste of time! I must admit it started off very good but then I was let down This is one twisted piece of crap story to the writer YOU ARE SICK

YOU ARE SICK

YOU ARE SICK

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
At last some reality

One of the best I ever read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Some of our readers need to chill

I liked it. I expected her to rescue him, then be thankful she

did not kill him. Oh well, got me on that one.

For those of you whose collective IQ is south of your shoe

size, you need to lighten up. If you don't like it, go read

the sports section, or your shrink's latest assessment of your

intellectual capacity for tolerance of others.

As I said, I like this writer's work, and want to thank him.

Nightowl22Nightowl22about 19 years ago
Revenge!

Aother prime example::

Sex should NEVER be used for revenge!!

A good story but a hell of an ending. She really fucked up. Her revenge is proven really ridiculous and tragic.

She failed miserably in her obligations to her husband.

Through thick and thin........

gizzmo301gizzmo301about 19 years ago
revenge

this shows that in most cases revenge sex. Creates more problems and not to act with out knowing all the facts. A well written story but very sad

sexmatesexmateabout 19 years ago
Over the Top!

Needed a better ending than this! You could have at least let her save him and then they make up! This end would have been better than letting him die! Oh yea and way more erotic! There was nothing erotic about this story! Period!

Sexmate

rip32rip32about 19 years ago
Good Ending

This story does not have the depth or length of Making Amends or Hildy, but it has a much better ending. Who could ever makeup with a vindictive faithless bitch who would treat her husband like this? The rest of his life he would see her, in his mind, with another man any time he has sex with her. He is better off dead.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Not erotic, but thought-provoking

An excellent cautionary tale. More than the drawbacks of revenge sex, which some commenters noted, warning should also be taken of the dangers inherent in bondage.

LeBrozLeBrozover 18 years ago
Ouch!!

Have to go along with Harddaysknight on this in that it shows how some fantasies can have horrible consequences. It's definitely a tale with an unexpected outcome; get too wrapped up in your fantasies and they'll run away from you and then..........

MacDukeMacDukeover 18 years ago
Infinitely Better than Hildy

I would have preferred that the baby died as a consequence of her outrageous behavior. Then he would have been around to insure that she regretted every day of her life. And we would have been able to find out if husband is a man or a wuss. Would the scumbag pay too?

Not up to rp's usual standard (too short and too little development), but this is infinitely better than Hildy. This is a fascinating genre - seemingly totall fantasy. It would be interesting to know whether this "tie up and make him watch" scenario has ever actually happened. Unlikely. With all the cheating wife stories, why do we never read about him tying her up to watch? Opps, I guess I know the answer to that one.

These cheating stories should be separated from Loving Wives into its own catagory - "Cheating".

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Very nice twist.

What happenend to the baby? I hope the husband had family who could take her.

Hey, shit happens. Get the baby iout first or the husband. Safety note for future revenge wives; keep quick escape tools nearby for use in an energency.

Thanks; Good Story

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
I was mixed on the story

I found the story disturbing and was mixed on how I felt about it. I did think it was rushed and other stories of yours I have liked better.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
A stories purpose

is to entertain: to make you laugh, to cry, to get mad, to reflect; to invoke an emotional response. This story did that!

Did I get upset at this story? No, I got upset about reading the paper this morning of a mother in SF throwing her three babies in the cold, cold bay.

Can I separate the fiction and reality in my mind, sure! If you can't, problems loom on the horizon!

The story was well written, it evoked an emotional response (sadness, anger, frustration). My reaction: I enjoyed the craft, the imagination that went into the effort.

There is probably a nice essay waiting out there on the vicarious lives people live on the internet!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Weird

Just plain weird!

acs_1acs_1almost 17 years ago
Everyone loses

So very sad that some people have no real sense of proportion. Very well told story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
hmm...

bullseye! very effective.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
so sad

A horror story.. She was very much out of line and her husband came out as a idiot not being able to differ between lies and reality.. Both lost their life's here.. Strong tale.. As for what is reality most of us know (with age) terrible things that we don't like to spread on to others.. the difference between what we know to be true and this story seems to me very small. In fact a story like this is a reminder of our mortality and of our responsibility towards each other.. with some trust and love intact this story most likely wouldn't have happened... Cheers Yoron.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Adulteress/Murderess

And all she got was 5 years. This takes husband humiliation to the next level, I think all male humiliation stories should be placed in their own category as they are a fetish but don't ruin the fetish category with them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
been done, but?

the concept of the revenge goes in a different direction, with tragic consequences. what price bj?

for her, something more, not sure what is needed.

henry gets off - not even an acessory to the crime ?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
financial stuff

she very well may have the insurannce policies and bank accounts too. it is preferred to her escaping the daily reminder of her deed, versus suicide, wherevershe may be and with whom

huedogghuedoggabout 13 years ago
only five years

the ultimate revenge would have been Life with out possibility of parole.

rpsuchrpsuchabout 13 years agoAuthor
self-imposed suffering

The five years (realistic in the legal system) wasn't the ultimate revenge; it was a postponement of the revenge. Nobody could do anything worse to her than she was doing and going to do to herself.

She deprived herself of the most important thing in her life. She deprived him of the life he had coming and his belief in her before he died. She deprived her daughter of her father. All for a stupid, pointless, over-the-top revenge.

Think of one of those parents who forgot their baby in the locked car and the baby died. Is there any sentence that could be imposed by a court that could be remotely as harsh as the suffering resulting from what they did?

DWornockDWornockalmost 13 years ago
Not realistic

A man might get 5 years. She would get probation and even more so because she has a child. After all it is the man's fault so killing a husband is seldom punished much. Nevertheless, I gave it a 5.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
your wrote a story that had nowhere to go..

what if there wasn't a fire? he would have had no choice but to smile at the whore as he sliced her throat... the wife's act was so utterly and completely ridulous that the story was doomed immediately... she would also have been in prison for the rest of her life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

Too late for some loathsome disease for her?

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
this was a dumb one

sorry.it suck.

holydemon00holydemon00over 12 years ago
If she so desires punishment

For starter, she could kill her baby. With that kind of mother, the baby would only grow up to be another danger to society.

Frankly, psycho like her shouldn't even reproduce.

It's a shame that her husband had only been honest and loyal to her about everything.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
DWmoronic is so stupid

she orders her sushi well done

bruce22bruce22about 12 years ago
UaU

That was a truly dark tale. The poor guy never had a chance from beginning.

Massive retaliation is so stupid!

norcal62norcal62almost 12 years ago
Really can't see why I gave it a 2, first time. Change it to a 1.

Just too much over the top, and copied too many almost identical stories.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
DWnorcal is so stupid

he takes notes when he watches the Three Stooges

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 11 years ago
Damn

That's taking retaliation to the ultimate. She deserved prison. Fuck her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Dwornock...

was forced to eat his grandmother's faeces as a child. Clearly, he grew up to be the man he is today: a speaker of nothing but shit...

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 11 years ago
Loved it!

Very creative plot. Excellent writing. Too bad the husband had to die, but it drives the point home. This will stay with me for a while.

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanover 10 years ago
Very good

There is a somewhat similar story (similar in the concept at least) by Britease: No Way Honey -- Anne.

An interesting alternative version of this story would be the relationship between Doug and Helen if Doug is able to safely get out of the burning house.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
One question

She's guilty of manslaughter. Why isn't she is jail?

BfreetorunBfreetorunabout 10 years ago
She is in jail, can't you read and interpret?

I would say the punishment is less than she deserved. Five years would be about right. She should get a year for just the idea. She should have divorced him instead of this stupid revenge. Let her suffer.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Good Story But

He was honest, he did his level best to abstain and the worry of ticking off his clients and partners allowed him to consuider ONLY a blow job so...

I understand her anger, even some hurt but she knew he was as honest as the day is long and knew damn well he would never intentionally hurt her so...

Way over the top. Good story. Had he lived, I would have enjoyed his divorcing her and even at that, he would always care about her except...now he knew she was easy!

Anyway, Thanks!!!

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 9 years ago
Jeez

First read this almost three years ago. More thoughts. First he cheated and confessed. Then she cheated for revenge. Yes, she got her revenge fuck in. Then he died because he was tied to the bed watching her cheat.

I guess revenge fucks really don't work, huh?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
the story was a little to light for me

in have the stories her, he husband gets 20 years for less. She kills her husband and gets 5, what about the guys she was fucking, he didn't get anything.

GoodhueGoodhueover 8 years ago
TWAT!

What happens to the baby due to this murdering,thoughtless twat's actions! Hubby would have had to divorce her and leave his job anyway. ~ I guess she was just plain stupid!

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 8 years ago
Second time through...

five stars. An outstanding flash tale.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 8 years ago

Stories like this involve the suspension of sound judgment. It is the nature of the flash and this is a perfect example. Yes, she had to have been stupid. Did she think he wouldn't divorce her ass after she was through?

sinsational83sinsational83about 8 years ago
The stupid cunt

She got almost everything she deserved. She should have gotten life without parole. Or better yet death by fire just like her husband had to suffer. Anyway...... ABSOLUTELY DAMN GOOD STORY. Another 5 stars from me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
5-Stars For The Writing

I guess you might say you got your point across. This is the second time I've read it. But this is my first comment. I have had a couple of nightmares in my life quite similar to what happened to Doug. In my dreams my cheating wife has drugged

me and tied me as Helen did Doug. But in my dream, my wife calls in a group of men...a friend, a neighbor, my boss, a coworker, and my brother. After an entire weekend, they force more sleeping medicine into me. When it takes effect, they remove the bindings. Everyone but my wife leave and she sets fire to the house before leaving, burning me to death. Everyone is at my boss's yard party when firetrucks arrive, unable to save my life.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 7 years ago
Writing was ok

But super sick bitch.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
1*

absurd shit.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
He deserved to die.

Any man that is stupid enough to go home and tell his wife that he received a BJ from a stripper deserves to die. If he had just kept his cool and not opened his mouth all of this would have been moot. Well written and a change of pace but it was all so unnecessary. Thanks for writing.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 7 years ago
Thoughts

Okay, beyond the fact that her revenge was so far beyond his offense to be laughable if not for the end result, but how in the hell could she forget about him before leaving the house?

I hope his parents got custody and she never sees their child again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Good but very macabre!

This is what happens when revenge goes awry! This is a terrible story but it is very well written. You can actually smell the burning flesh! This is what happens when revenge is not checked and goes totally over the top! Thanks for sharing!

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchover 5 years ago
Never leave a restrained or gagged person alone

I.know a lot of authors, and plenty of you kink enthusiasts do..But dont

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
No

The ultimate revenge would be to give your baby to whoever watched her for five years, then douse yourself in gasoline and set it ablaze.

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Awful

Awful outcome, but a good story. Sentenced to a lifetime of remembering, and nightmares every night. Perfect.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Wow!

So unique story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
When you plan revenge, first dig two graves.

Guess she learned that lesson the hard way.

SwordWielderSwordWielderover 3 years ago
And what is she going to tell her daughter?

That should be an interesting conversation when her daughter gets old enough for the truth. Actually, what happened to the daughter since Mommy went to prison - Did one set of parents take her, or did the state take her away? She will be condemned by everyone for her extreme actions; her daughter will hate her; family will despise her; I honestly don't think she'll make to too many years. I think she'll commit suicide within 10 - 15 years tops and everyone will wonder what happened to cause her to kill her husband, and the take her own life. Oh well, may she burn in hell.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Now you see

It's OK for the man to cheat, but NEVER for a woman to cheat or get revenge.

26thNC26thNCabout 3 years ago
Read again

This might be the worst good story that I remember reading. There isn't another one like this.

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

0 star - what a horrid story - that's it - no more of this author.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

That is some dark shit. Like it or not, all actions have consequences and this story shows it. He gave in to money and success, she gave in to selfishness and revenge and now the consequences are apparent.

From the technical side, it is a well written story; well thought out plot, proper grammatical use with introduction, body and conclusion.

Not my cup of tea, but I read it anyway.

detroitdave

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Terrible story. Any way to score it less than a 1.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

No, her appropriate penance would be self imolation at the conclusion of her incarceration. Easy peasy. She only has to pour a gallon of gasoline over her own head and strike a match...

Hooked1957Hooked1957over 1 year ago

Dark. 26thNC had it right: worst good story.

Hooked

Helen1899Helen1899over 1 year ago

Very dark, very sad, not a good read, but there was a message there for those intent on revenge.

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAabout 1 year ago

People enact revenge of this kind because they want to and not to balance the scales.

DazzyDDazzyDabout 1 year ago

This is a great story,-unique!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Well done. Very original.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Whoa Nelly! That was a shocking twist! In real life I doubt that would be charged as voluntary manslaughter. That said I'm a plumber not a prosecutor. That said, there was no intent of either arson, or bodily harm. Still 5 stars for creativity.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous