All Comments on 'Opportunity'

by magmaman

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
GhostbearGhostbearabout 19 years ago
A very sad story

This happens very often. Two ships that sail by each other,not meeting. This was very well written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Insightful

Two damaged people, waiting for things to happen, but both are weary, trying to protect themselves as they fantasize what could have been. I loved this insightful piece about expectations, about what could have been, hesitant to the point of poignancy, yet nobody could take that first step. Nice story, thank you, author, beautifully written.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago

Sad

Opportunity lost!

But maybe not- to the author : you just cannot leave this here. A final chapter perhaps?

RehnquistRehnquistalmost 14 years ago
There Has To Be More!

This story, while very well written and full of suspense, isn't really a story. Rather, it's a sketch of two lonely souls. To go from sketch to story, though, it needs a dynamic, change in the characters' circumstances or some action to get them off dead center. Absent that, it's more like an introduction to a story.

That said, it's certainly a compelling introduction, and there is a ton of room here to take is somewhere. Will they hook up tomorrow night? Maybe share romance and watch it bloom or, like two ships passing in the night, realize at the end of their time that their respective job circumstances prevent anything more meaningful?

I'm a sucker for a happy ending, though, and I'd like to think that you take this a little further and at least leave us with some hope for these people.

Either way, well-written and insightful!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
What garbage

Boring as hell

jimjam69jimjam69over 3 years ago

Life in the business world.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermagmaman@magmaman
2701 Followers
6', 186#, published writer. I have worn many hats. As a young man I was crazy, carefree and making wads of money. Then along came a messed up war and I was cannon fodder. From there I came home even crazier, and survived a 120 MPH crash which got me 15 years in a wheelchair...