All Comments on 'Carla Goes to Dallas'

by budd100

Sort by:
  • 37 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
HUBBY NEEDED HELP PERIOD

WIFE GOING OUT ALL THE TIME AND TELLING HUBBY I'LL GIVE YOU SOME DAYS LATER.COVERING HERSELF UP WAS A SIGN.WHO WAS THE DUMBY HERE.

SalamisSalamisabout 19 years ago
Thought provoking about the nature of BDSM

Aside from a number of grammtical and spelling mistakes there is a pretty good story here. I'll cast aside the time it took for the husband to take action. Denial in the midst of an affair is quite common. I don't know if six months of denial is excessive while five months is appropriate. There are no clear limits for this situation.

I found it interesting that the wife moved from trying to control her husband to being totally out of control relative to her laisons. That she was ashamed of her actions and sought help was also interesting. Those actions diffused any need for revenge. In fact, revenge in this story would have been completely inappropriate. The husband took corrective action. That he ends the story wondering if he needs help was perfect. How could he not feel that way.

I only wish that you could have provided more insight into this couple's backgrounds and motivations.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
An answer to the question, "who is the dumby here"

I liked the story very much but my comment here concerns your "critic" who wants to know "who is the dumby here?"

Well, the answer to that question is easy the "dumby" is the dummy who wrote the question .. he displays his dumbness by dumbly being unable to use the English language correctly and being too much of a dummy to open a dictionary. So, if I were you, I would write him off for the dumb bell that he is and not be dumb struck by his ranting.

Good luck with the writing .. I look forward to more of your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Thanks for the consequence

There are several roses among many wimpy thorns and you are one of them - thanks

Keep it going as you are getting better with each story - some of the comments are constructive and the more you write you will see them as such to grow (don't take any of them personaly).

Thanks again with Regards

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
I'd agree that he needs help dealing with this

This story points out the powerful attraction of a dominant and the BDSM lifestyle to someone that's apparently never had to deal with that type of relationship.

True, she should have thought about how this would affect her marriage at the start, however the sensation of her newly discovered passion would tend to make such serious thoughts an afterthought, by which time she's already too heavily committed to end the new relationship.

I'm thinking that her husband, if he wants to renew the marriage, had best learn to be a dominant himself, otherwise she's going to fall for other doms later on.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
How Does Dom/Sub Work?

I have no experience or desire to experience BDSM so this might be a stupid question.

How did she end up with the guy who got her hooked on BDSM in the first place? Didnt she have to go with him of her own free will before she could get hooked on the lifestyle? You cant just walk up to someone, no matter how submissive, and order them to follow you back to your place can you?

aliaspeterjaliaspeterjabout 19 years ago
Is this an erotic story?

As my header says, I wonder if this really is an erotic story. The fact that we are told that sex happens and we see the consequences - the bruises -- doesn't count because the actions are always remote.

Also while inspiration takes a story where it will, what is the story's effect? For me it was just too depressing. Often in erotic stories that show the true -- and usually ugly -- side of infidelity, storys end with revenge or happiness for the spouse that has been cheated on. In this story I expected at least the promise of a new relationship.

Of course all this could be explained if this story is based on real life, and in that case I feel very sorry for the husband. If it was I think you could tip the reader off to expect a real life/depressing ending.

Also whether the story is reality-based or not, the level of detail is too broad. Most of the husband's actions seem not dumb, but odd -- excepting getting the detective, the divorce etc. If the husband has an unrigorous job and is not in desperate need of money, why couldn't or wouldn't he have taken time off or taken a vaction or a leave of absence to work on his marriage. Also since one of the underlying causes of this story is idle hands are the devil's workshop, why doesn't the husband insist that his wife resume working 4-5 months before?

Most of these questions could certainly be answered if the story had greater detail especially in regard to the husband's feeling.

I would like to give this story a higher rating because I think of it as flawed but good. The story takes chances and even if it does not always succeed I respect the author for creative courage.

sexmatesexmateabout 19 years ago
JUST ANOTHER LAME WIMP HUSBAND STORY

This type of story is so old the tattered edges are blowing away in the wind.

Just another wimp husband story that puts up with her shit for 6 months!

Sexmate

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Repentance and forgivenes aren't whimpness

When you deeply love another person, it is hard to just walk away. People make mistakes, sometimes very serious ones, but when there is real repentance does being a stgon man (or a woman) require that you turn your back on someone who opened your heart? I think there is a big difference between being a whimp and the people in this story. Yes, if these two get serious again they probably both should work with someone. Their marriage got derailed and forgiving and trying frequently just aren't enough.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Keep up the writing

I think the story needed more but I still found it good. I could see it being that long for the husband to act.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Yes

He does need help. or better still, get the heck out of there.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
incomplete

was the author too busy or unable to tell how or why the wife got entangled with someone else in the first place? he loves her but isn't even interested in wondering what,how,who,why his true love trashed his,her,their lives? oh, i guess those chapters would have been insignificant details. maybe the author doesn't like to write and needed to make a few quick bucks for poker night? sorry,but i voted. rc

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
she needed some help,her hubby was a wimp

hubby give men a bad name.i don't think writers think shit out before writing down on paper.this is garage.

waratahwaratahalmost 17 years ago
pretty good, but

your stories are mostly so similar.

Alvaron53Alvaron53about 16 years ago
Dry and rather bland

The prose needs work because there are misused words (<I>personnel</I> instead of <I>personal</I>, for example), typographical errors, and mistakes in sentence construction and punctuation. The characters are odd, and the descriptions of them are erratic. Apparently, we are intended to think that Carla is weird because she's into BDSM. I agree that it's weird that she has to go all the way to Dallas to find a dominant who can satify her desires.

<P>

The plot is thin, the conflict in the story limited to the hubby's reaction to her adultery that resulted from her submissiveness. It wasn't particularly well-told nor was it all that interesting. She's a sub. Okay, deal with it. If you're a dom, get busy. If you're not, get a divorce. Seems straightforward to me.

<P>

Other commentators remarked on the lack of erotic content here, and I'm forced to agree. It was rather dry writing, and I found the tale uninteresting and bland. I thank you for your effort.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Yep

he needs help. he also need to grow some balls and spine.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Ok

It's ok.. I can easily see how he would continue to be devastated and depressed after the fact finding.. He should definite divorce her.. It would be easy to use her as a slut but then all self respect would be gone for both of them.. This guy starts out as a decent person so that would be a very sad solution.. He should definitely find someone to talk with about his situation preferably a really good old friend.. And he should start to get his life together without her. Yoron

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
need help

YOUR RIGHT YOU DO NEED HELP

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Not much here

First, thanks for trying. However, this story did nothing for me. We know she is cheating almost at once but there is no drama and I felt no attachment to either of them. Why did hubby stick around? We live with no-fault divorce now, he didn't need any proof. Also, for months he has had to deal with her cheating, then you have him say, "Carla I still have love in my heart for you but I cannot live with a woman that has no respect for herself". This, to me is crap. He should have confronted her with the panties early on if he wanted to save his marriage. Or, since he wanted evidence, he should have hired a detective locally as soon as he found he couldn't do it. I believe that this is the first story of yours I have read. I hope you can work on this for any work you decide to do in the future. -Ttom

norcal62norcal62almost 14 years ago
Utterly stupid story. What was the point?

This little male fantasy had a weak beginning and just dribbled off at the end. You could have put much more detail in on both him and her to make this a better story; and with a decent ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Crap

You left the most important part:

1. Beating the whore to pulp

2. castrating her boyfriend ande his friends

otherwise the start was almost good

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 11 years ago
Enjoyed it

Thanks or the offering.

BfreetorunBfreetorunover 10 years ago
No, never take her back.

Her wanting to wet-deck you was enough to NEVER touch her again. Good story.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 10 years ago
! When a woman is a taker, but not a giver with oral sex

Sooner or later that attitude of non-reciprocation and entitlement will pervade the entire relationship. Frankly when your woman knows you want anal play at least as a special occasion ( birthdays & so forth ) change of pace & still stonewalls you.

I'm not saying that's a deal breaker ,but its a definite sign she doesn't feel compelled to give her all to keep you. One thing for sure, I'm not fully committing if she's holding back. A lesson learned the hard way. Sigh.

A man has to deal with a woman's taste in so many facets of relationship.but if you give up day to day contrlol in BR. You are just giving up. There's a quote about the the Germans , they're either at your throat or at your knees. I wouldn't want to say this applies exactly to women as a group, but there are definite parallels.

Fine story btw. I agree with Salamis's sentiments. budd100's grammar and spelling are oft rough hewn but there's always a phrase or scene that will lift the story level to at least bronze or silver medal status.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Budd, you need some grammatical help

Your stories are good, I like reading them. But it is painful to try and absorb the grammatical errors. You obviously enjoy writing, I suggest you take some classes and continue writing. An editor would be a boon, should you find one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
1*

fucking wimp should have dumped her earlier. badly written, needs editing.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 5 years ago
I read the criticisms of the husband...

...but I'm not sure the comments reflect an understanding of how a spouse can be filled with uncertainty when the marriage is in trouble. The cheater escalates and the victim spouse tries to restore normalcy without ultimatums. I'm not at all certain it's the right thing to do, but it is what many people find themselves doing. So, with this and the obvious mental illness of the wife, I found this all too believable.

Then again, at the heart of it was a wife who cheats. So, I have limited sympathy for her.

Good story.

etchiboyetchiboyalmost 5 years ago
“...how this got started. She met a man that took her home one night and introduced her to bondage and pain....”

“She fell into his trap and got to depend on it.“

Right there is enough to divorce. Not the one night stand. “...got to depend on it.” means multiple times.

Writing technique is just so-so here (2-stars worth), but good storyline.

3-stars.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJalmost 5 years ago
The answer is "NO" "I will never take you back, you are damaged goods"

If she doesn't stop bothering him he should send pictures to her parents and friends until she gets the hint and maybe moves away.

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Not

Not in this lifetime bitch. No man would ever take a woman.back.after she did something like this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I DO NOT GIVE HIGH SCORES

...to unfinished stories.

3 stars, because it was interesting up until

where it should have had an ending.

Paul in Oklahoma

ScorpioJJScorpioJJabout 4 years ago
There is only one answer for her...NO!

Tell her to crawl back to these freaks and let them finish the job.

She will never be normal again. It will be a slow death (AIDS) or a fast one (beaten to death), but either way she is doomed.

calibamma707calibamma707over 3 years ago

Again the husband let the wife lover get away with not even so much as a approach! Smh

widowedidiotwidowedidiotalmost 3 years ago
Help?

Help? The author is the one that needs help here. It looks like he just picked pieces from other stories and put them together to make this one. Some of this lines are as old as I can remember. Hiring a pi and having him set up that same day? Really? Was the investigator so good that he was out of work that weekend? Now, This is not some backwoods woman you started with here. This woman is educated, she knows better than what you accuse her of.

iammweaseliammweaselalmost 2 years ago

I wish I could something good about this but I honestly can't.

nixroxnixroxover 1 year ago

-1 star - violence of any kind always gets no star

NoBullAlNoBullAlabout 2 months ago

JUST A WASTE OF TIME WITH READING THIS ONE!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous