All Comments on 'Down on the Farm Ch. 07'

by Rabbitrunner91

Sort by:
  • 26 Comments
JDsellerJDsellerabout 19 years ago
This is the best story I have read in a long time!

I am in agriculture and I have faith in the Lord. This story is so up lifting on many fronts. The good values and honor writen about are refreshing. I have felt that to succeed in this life you have to have two types of love: 1) love of a good spouse that fills your life with the physical love and support 2) The spritual love of God to maintain the humilty that all of us need to stay grounded. This is not writen about very often. Please accept my thanks for this story. RGH

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
it was good

i wuz hoping for a bit....more. the summary ending just felt breif and a bit rushed, ah well. i wuz also hoping they would overcome more obsticals, but it was ok.

kudos!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Excellent!

Dear Rabbitrunner - - -

I am almost at a loss for words. Your Farm Story is indeed one of the best on Literotica in some time. Your ability to tie things together shows much thought, and if not experienced in the agricultural end of things, you demonstrate the ability to research a subject rather thoroughly. You paint on the mind's canvas very well. Louis L'Amour was a very intense researcher, and his works will entertain others far beyond today. You, I believe, have a talent akin to L'amour's, and I wish you well as you, hopefully, will pursue your career as an author. Thank you for a job well done.

Prof. Ramstein

Nightowl22Nightowl22about 19 years ago
Great Story

Loved this story. A heart-warming story of some honest, god-loving people. It is very well written and holds your attention.

Thanks for a really good story, Rabbit!

sleepyestbearsleepyestbearabout 19 years ago
Wonderful

Wonderful. I only have one really huge major complaint. It is not a real honest to God novel I can hold in my hand and read anytime I want. Seriously, if anything I have read should be made into a full length book, this is it.

Perhaps if enough people urged you to, you would write it?

One can only hope.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
It's nice to be liked but it's better to be respec

Sex is nice but it isn't the be-all and end-all of a relationship. This is a good story of how a relationship based on respect will stand the test of time.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Excellent.

I agree with what everyone else has said; this is one of the best stories I've read on this website. I live in a religious, rural community, too, so I felt I could relate to it in some ways.

It did seem a bit rushed, especially at the end. If it were made into a full-length novel, I'd love it more. Maybe we'd get to know a little more of Mark's thoughts, faults, background, and insecurities if it were longer.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago

I've always had a deep respect for that kind of honest faith that for example the salvation army stands for. It's built on individuals with good hearts and hope, can't see anything wrong with that. That said, religion has led us into a lot of strife and misery so I'm kind of split on this subject. But your book was good, I hope you'll have the time to write some more. Cheers Yoron.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
The Best yet!

the BEST, very uplifting. I loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Excellent,

That was an outstanding story. I beleive that you would be hard pressed to another as interesting.

121yorkavenue121yorkavenuealmost 15 years ago
Past/present tense, Loose/lose

An excellently crafted story. You have a strange way of using present tense and past tense. This type of narration reads best as past tense only.

Loose means slack. Lose means missplaced. Think of the two "oo" as loosly connected. Pushing God's wheelbarrow spoils this type of story on this web site. I'm not an atheist, just my point of view.

Thanks for a good read, looking forward to the conclusion.

Tony.

RonRWoodRonRWoodalmost 15 years ago
Great!

I loved the story and it was very well written. I had to just accept the parts with the religeous content. Evidently it is a great part of your own personal story. However, those parts distracted from the greatness of the story. To me...it is like you are preaching to us, or selling all your readers on your beliefs. Some of us have our own ideas and beliefs and would prefer just the story itself which was very good. Just so you know where I am coming from...I am not a non-believer but have had different training than yours. Just my thoughts...

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
One of the very best

One of the best stories I have ever read on here. Thank you so much for this. God bless you, and please keep writing.

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClassover 14 years ago
Really good

Every chapter caught my interest, leading me to eagerly read the next one. The characters development was well done, and the plot was well thought out. Five stars, at least.

tastethejuicetastethejuiceover 12 years ago
Brilliant

I've waited till now so I can comment on the story as a whole, I started to read and the further I got the more I was drawn into it, emotions rising and falling as the story unfolded, towards the end I was hoping that it would just keep going.

Great story I really enjoyed it, Thank You.

riskconsultantriskconsultantover 11 years ago
Wonderful Story

I just sat down to read your first chapter and did not stop until I finished the entire story. It 's a wonderful read. I enjoyed the characters and the way the story developed. Please keep posting great stories like this.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

I can not remember having enjoyed a story more ... maybe it brought back the smell, sights and love that I knew growing up on a small ranch. Now pulling that calf with a wire stretcher... that I have done more than a few times ... well done my friend ..well done...

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Not religious...

But I loved this.

I wanted something to read and I didn't stop until it was the final chapter!

I laughed, I cried.

Please keep this up!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

Good Story, Good Plot and well written.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
What a grat storyπŸ‘πŸΏπŸ‘πŸΏπŸ‘πŸΏπŸ˜Ž

I love this story so much............thank you for writing

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Thank you

Thank you very much for a wonderful read. You had this old romantic in tears at least three times.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
A+ a great read

Wow great job this is my first non-erotic story .Very would done.A great read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

This would make a great "All American Novel" with its focus on Real and True Love. This story is a true hidden gem in this repository of great stories!

Dirty_MikeDirty_Mikeover 2 years ago

I really enjoyed this story, with only a few exceptions. I like that it is told by someone who actually knows something about agriculture. It is amazing how quickly a story falls apart when details are incorrect. The thing lacking is some adult content. The plot and storyline are good, but some sex would make it better especially considering the website where it is posted. So much of farm life revolves around it with the stock and being the only low-cost entertainment many farm folk can afford. Just as in life, it doesn't need to dominate the story, but a little would go a long way.

My other issue is a bit of editing. The tense gets mixed up in a few places with past and present, and a few other little things my old english teacher would give ya heck for.

Again I really liked the story. Way better than my imagination can put together.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Your focus on "non-erotic" / your imagination / writing ability and creativity have allowed me to enjoy every one of your offerings, up to this point. I am convinced that this will not change as I read the rest of them. THANK YOU !

PhotoMeisterPhotoMeisterover 1 year ago

I enjoyed this story very much. I disagree with another commenter about the absence of sex. I think adding it would detract from the story. I think that's why it was posted in the 'non-erotic' category rather than 'romance'.

To the author, if you're still around, please accept this as constructive criticism. I would love to read more of your stories.

LOSE: to no longer have something or unable to find something - "... 750 union workers would lose their jobs."

LOOSE: not tight - "In the milk compressor a wire was loose."

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous