All Comments on 'Addicted to Feedback'

by Caroline Covington

Sort by:
  • 54 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Too funny....

Loved it! I usually don't read essays or other "non-stories" but the title caught my eye. Hilarious! I am gonna save you in my favorites and read your stories when I have time. Keep up the good work and have writing!

trendyredheadtrendyredheadabout 19 years ago
That was a hoot....

Thank you on behalf of all the self-proclaimed feedback sluts out there. Hats off!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Neverending Story

I'm only sending you this in the hopes that you'll comment on it in your next story....maybe I'll become vicariously famous.

I don't know which way to go with it though - condemn you for plagiarising other people's comments (and critical ones at that) in order to further your own reputation and self-aggrandisement?

Or should I fall down at your feet and praise you for being every web-wanker's Virginia Woolfe?

I must admit, my temples weren't the only part of me to be throbbing at your dirty talk......it was literary licentiousness of the pre-cum inducing best. You succeeded in combining lowly lasciviousness with high art to the point where I almost spurted over my keyboard.

Humour and sex.....an unlikely and unwieldy combination but in the hands of a true artisan such as yourself, a masterpiece is possible. Keep on writing, don't stop, please, don't stop, yes, keep doing it like that baby, yes, yes, more...

peterin006peterin006about 19 years ago
Great Idea

Great idea. Feedback is the elixir of the author. I like it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
LOL!

Fab idea... way to go!

Bridget69Bridget69about 19 years ago
Amusing.

I admit to being quite the compulsive feedback fanatic myself, but I never viewed it as a form of aphrodisiac. LOL!

rgraham666rgraham666about 19 years ago
Snicker. Guffaw.

Such a fine piece of literary work.

Your novels must be quite a treat.

I especially liked the grammar in this one.

brian358brian358about 19 years ago
He He He!

Very funny!

And of course a monumental breakthrough in literature, too. :-)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Need another Pear.

I am still looking for another literary Pearl. I now know you have it within you to match the set.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Brightened my day

It is a dark, cold, and stormy day here in New Jersey--being in New Jersey is bad enough; icky weather just makes it worse. But your essay brightened my day, made me laugh out loud (why do people write like they worked for the Government; laughing is not something to either be ashamed of or a tongue twister of neo-words) and just plain made me happy. Thank you.

Ken

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
The package

Really, lots of fun to read, and you did get the package taken care of, just not the one in the hall.

Your friendly gyno

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Funny, literate and utterly believable

So much of the writing here tries hard to sound sophisticated...and the writers scatter apostrophes like pepper on cauliflower...... You had me howling gleefully. Don't stop. Don't ever stop. I just may come!!!!!

Maestro.Donald@gmail.com

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Love It! Love It! Love It!

It was so humorous I had to read "Addicted to Feedback" twice. Your sense of humor is really wicked and I must confess that it draws me to read your other stories.

Wanton VixxxenWanton Vixxxenabout 19 years ago
LMAO...

and taking another uh... uhhh...uhmmm... "fun" approach to reading My feedbacks from here on "in"! This was indeed hilarious and justly placed in the humor/satire category, but if you think about it, it would have rocked in the "How To" section as well lol. Oh! that reminds Me - I really should go thong shopping - that is, after I read My feedbacks for My latest poem. <wink>

Vixxx

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Refreshing

Such a refreshing change from the usual graphic stories yet not overlooking that aspect either. A reminder too that sex can be fun and has a before and after time. Thanks, Caroline.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Thanks Caroline, great wit and insight

Thank you for this very funny and perceptive piece. It is all so true, and very well observed. It is also more than a little erotic; I know the feelings well. Congratulations!

shiresashiresaalmost 19 years ago
here you go :)

A good story. LITERATURE to remember. Someone with such an excellent grasp of GRAMMAR should really think about writing a NOVEL.(Cute story, loved it)

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
got to love it!

caroline....you had me rolling on the floor...!!!!! toooo funny!!

WFEATHERWFEATHERover 18 years ago
How True!!!

Perhaps it should be a requirement that every visitor to Literotica read this prior to leaving feedback (public or private) for the first time ;-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Somehow I had missed this - actually quite funny!

You have a real gift (for writing)! It's great to see an erudite author on this site. I assume your day job is writing for Harper's Bazar or the New Yorker! Your prose is scintillating! Your insights razor sharp! Ignore those few unwashed curmudgeons that fail to properly appreciate your towering talent! Accept the proper adulations of your myriad fans. Bask in the ruddy glow of the aitches strewn across your submissive (oops! I mean submission) page like confetti on Times Square on New Year's Day! Enjoy the rampant jealousy of all the other authors whose faces are as green as the eeees cast like manna after your titles! Enjoy!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Humorous and well written

You've done a nice job of writing about, "Writer's Angst." I really enjoyed the humorous way you went about it. Thank You. Ronnie W.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Okay

who told you what I...oh, forget I said anything. Very funny Caroline and what a way to talk about the massive ego strokes us authors revel in. Great job, and so very literary..lol.

sex_fiend666sex_fiend666over 18 years ago
First Timer

Awsomely written, first time I have felt compelled to leave feedback. The first Humor story that had me laughing. You are indeed an insperation to the rest of us.

Gambyt64Gambyt64over 17 years ago
fun read

As I type this short note to say thanks for the sexy tease and funny boner thoughts your story finds, I will enjoy another of your stories and promise to send feedback; be it good or better. \~/ Cheers!

HughJardHughJardover 17 years ago
Very clever...

A very clever treatment of the daily agony suffered by artists needing affirmation and approval of their creations.

It's part of the price we pay for digging the stories out of ourselves; it leaves a hole we need filled by others.

And I'd love to read a novel by a writer this intelligent and accomplished.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Oh I love myself, I am so into myself, I am so

covered in self esteem, my self gratification runs over! Let me guess this was when you were maybe seventeen? No couldn't be they have a more realistic outlook on life usually. Must be when you were thirteen or so.

happydayhappydayover 16 years ago
Hi

Hi Caroline

I began reading your stories, and found each filled me with somthing different. When I read "Vera" I cried, to me, I'ts possibly the finest story in Literotica.

punctuation errors: (none)

Spelling errors: (none)

Content: Very real and heart felt.....

I chose this particular story to send you feedback on, perhaps pervertedly, because at one time I thought feedback was important, more important than critism from my peers. To be honest the only feedback I ever get is grunt grunt let me feel your cunt, maybe my efforts arnt as rewarding as I thought they'd be, who knows? Anyway You are talented and your stories, irrispective of gendre a pleasure to read. I wish you well

Regards

Beth

WerewolfatNightWerewolfatNightover 15 years ago
Painfully funny!

And I thought I was the only one.... The first time I got a negative response I was crushed and nearly stopped contributing, until some anonymous soul came to my cyber-rescue with a timely bit of wisdom, which is echoed in both your story and the comments to it: we write for our own pleasure, and I wish you tons of it!

RossDanielsRossDanielsover 14 years ago
Very clever

This piece made me smile because it really hit home . . . except no one's ever hit on me when they've sent feedback. Makes me wonder what I'm doing wrong.

ImagetakerImagetakerover 14 years ago
Smiling this Afternoon

Loved this piece. Brought a laugh on an otherwise crappy day. Feedback is addicting, isn't it? But my guess is you've gotten way more feedback than I have. But then you deserve it.

Correct grammar, huh? I have to go check out your other stories. I am in heat.

scriptordelectoscriptordelectoabout 14 years ago
OUCH!

I think I may have knicked myself with that rapier wit of yours! :) This was a delightful portrait of the fixation we have with feedback blended with a not-so-subtle reminder not to take ourselves so seriously. Is it ironic that it inspired this little ego stroke? :p

ExoManiExoManiabout 14 years ago
Great Little Piece

Your story really put a smile on my face this afternoon.

Kitkat103Kitkat103almost 14 years ago
Funny

This reminds me of the people on the forum who leaves their stories as signatures. Too funny!

GethelredGethelredover 13 years ago
that is utterly hysterical!

I absolutely loved that!

northlandernorthlanderover 13 years ago
Fabulous and Funny

A great little vignette about what motivates an author. If you were being published in print, most of the feedback would be in cash :-)))

holden_2005holden_2005almost 13 years ago
Articulate, Alluring, Sensual, Witty... and yet, so uninhibitedly challenging!

Not sure what was more arousing: the tantalising photograph of those toned legs or the wicked words that tease and yet provoke enough to wish to tailor a suitable response!

You sure seem to know how to make it hard for a man to resist your other stories!

Very evocative and exquisite!

GoatsonGoatsonover 11 years ago
Quality work

This was great. Had me chuckling.

RubenesqueAphroditeRubenesqueAphroditeover 11 years ago
Hilarious

Cracking me up.. :))

storm_usmcstorm_usmcover 11 years ago
LMAO

Your use of language was beautiful. This is some of the very best writing I've had the pleasure of reading. Your intellect shows in all that you write.

rubricarubricaabout 11 years ago
Hillarious

I'm still laughing that you used the term "tiger" in a sexual sense, I can't tell you the last time I heard, "give it to me tiger" used, haha. At the risk of this being ironic I have left you this comment :) ENJOY, and don't forget that package.

LeanneSinclairLeanneSinclairalmost 11 years ago
Aagh, what do I do now?

I loved this so much that I really want to leave a comment ... but that will just make me part of the story and an object of the author's satire. I can feel myself disappearing up my own self-referentiality. Probably serves me right.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Lol

This story was very nice I'm not to good with words so I will just take my leave now.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Grammar grammar grammar...

Am I doing it right???

TooCleverByHalfTooCleverByHalfover 10 years ago
Nicely done.

I'm a little afraid to write this comment, given that it may result in a feedback loop.

adjoaqadjoaqabout 10 years ago
LMFAO

Ooooh you're good! The very first feedback and the response got me laughing so hard. damn!

OleguyOleguyabout 10 years ago
Gobsmacked !

You don't need my feedback judging be the so many others who took the trouble to enjoy a 'wunnerfool' piece of work.

I really had to agree, to the max., with LeanneSinclair.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Very funny

A sparkly, tongue-in-cheek gem of an essay. You rock!

SWintersSWintersover 9 years ago
YES YES YES YES YES!!!!

Awesome. "Grammar! He hit my G-spot!" Can't... stop... laughing... help...

It's funny 'cause it's truuuuuuue!!!

watching_mumwatching_mumover 8 years ago

hey enjoyed it a lot ... LOL..

storm_usmcstorm_usmcalmost 8 years ago
You naughty grammar slut

Lol, loved this. It doesn't affect me quite the same way but I admit feedback makes my day.

Dick88Dick88over 6 years ago
Made my day! :)

Best work of intentional humorous fiction that I've read in a long time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

Love it

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Ha-hah...... Next!

Playful_ArtistPlayful_Artist10 months ago

I found 'Addicted to Feedback' a real hoot. I look forward to reading the rest of your work.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCaroline Covington@Caroline Covington
207 Followers
I began writing my stories out of tedium with my scientific career. My work requires writing toneless, emotionless reports and articles that have begun to bore me. On the other hand, the erotic stories I write are a tonic for my soul and libido, allowing me to experiment with ...