All Comments on '"Ghost of Marriage Past"'

by Wanton Vixxxen

Sort by:
  • 22 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Uneven

Rough in spots but also powerful in others. A 5 that could be a 10.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
*

Quote:

A door slams

and I blink;

my book of revelations

lying in my lap.

its dust, not I, undisturbed.

Most powerful in this quote... long, long long lol.. this is a strong work that if it is shortened and weaved tighter holds the essence of a very good poem. I always like your works and this one has great potential due to the emotional qualities held in the lines..

ty for the journey..

Du Lac~

Mentioned in the Sunday reviews

My Erotic TaleMy Erotic Taleabout 19 years ago
The Stroll

down memeory lane, a very very good poem. I was mezmerised by the excellent write. flowed like a gentle stream in my mind and pulled at the heart through the gut. excellent poetry a 10 in my book too.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Very nice...

great images and well written sentiments here. Loved this:

intage pages of

jaundiced subjects;

burnt umber edges

arching back with

dormant stiffness;

hunching over

in arthritic spasms;

Syn

dcpoet44dcpoet44about 19 years ago
lots of depth...

and there are a few spots that really make this poem stand out. they are:

Some tomorrows never come. (haunting, if not chilling)

A door slams

and I blink;

my book of revelations

lying in my lap.

its dust, not I, undisturbed. (excellent and a re-affirming quality)

********

the concept of the piece is riveting. the title is absolutely wonderful. it makes the word *flashback* look very pale.

GhostbearGhostbearabout 19 years ago
I normally do not ...

read poetry but the title struck a cord today. Well done.

Bridget69Bridget69about 19 years ago
Moving.

A photo album really is a revealing look back at our lives, and like so many events in our lives, these photographs seem to take on a distant, worn out and faded appearance with time. A very nostalgic piece.

Kirk482002Kirk482002about 19 years ago
You're pressing my buttons now, Vixxx

It’s not easy looking back at love lost or a marriage gone bad. After the divorce it’s so easy to remember the negative, the hurt and the hate. Later when neither have spoken a word in decades, it’s hard to remember the fights, the hurt, or the hatred.

All that’s left is the why.

How could two young happy people allow themselves to ruin a perfectly happy union? Who knows? Immaturity maybe, unable to grow emotionally together rather than holding old grudges against one another. Money, kids, the In-laws; these things kill a marriage. But after so long, those images indeed haunt the mind of things that could have been.

This poem explains the memories I have toward my first wife. A small album, smiles, and great love lost.

ishtatishtatabout 19 years ago
#

The subject of this poem is such strong medicine that I suspect it means more to those who have endured a similar experience. Noticed most comment is on the situation rather than the poem. I thought it might be better for a pruning,though am uncertain exactly where.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Wow

Painful memories...thats about all I can say.

BrutalBabiBrutalBabialmost 19 years ago
Makes my heart sink...

The emotions you pour out in this one are so strong... I do not have the words to express how reading this makes me feel...

Oh, except... you need a digital camara, you can erase that red eye, and they never get yellowed, it is really amazing. You can save all those to disc, then delete them if you don't wanna see them anymore... oh, that's not the point? oh well. ;-)

LeBrozLeBrozalmost 19 years ago
Seeing ... ... what?

Powerful

Painful

Eyes wide open

Unseeing

Seeing Hurt, Pain, Anguish

With clarity not to be denied

What might have been

What was

What's lost

AnnaVenus69AnnaVenus69almost 18 years ago
so painfully vivid

almost too close for comfort. Thank you.

kiss

Anna

WoodlandsGiftWoodlandsGiftalmost 18 years ago
An old admirer

In my first submission to this website (Danser) you left me with a generous compliment. One that looking back now I have feel I have failed to live up to. I have recently written again, and it will be quite possibly my final post here upon release. I thought before reading this how much I had changed as a writer since I started. I think, had I the chance to write my last submission again, it would now be different. I only hope these words can serve as one authors way to deliver a compliment to another. Keep an eye open for, "Our Life, Our God, Our Everything". I think you might like it.

duddle146duddle146over 17 years ago
Powerful!

Photo album revives old memories of another lifetime ago with it's joys and sorrows and regrets. Such a sweet melancholy set of verses. Beautiful!

LeBrozLeBrozover 17 years ago
~~

This poem was mentioned in the Archival Review thread, in a picking through Lit's archive of over 34,000 poems.

----------

BikeNutBikeNutabout 17 years ago
So sad

Living through such strong memories and not once opening the album -- deep scars?

EmJ0385EmJ0385about 17 years ago
Lost ---

Lost in reverie, in the dusty attic, memories can take on a life of their own and in this way become more powerful than real life. EM

OSoBuffOSoBuffalmost 17 years ago
Daydreaming

Sometimes it seems daydreaming can be as real as the reality that's too painful to confront.

CaPic267CaPic267almost 17 years ago
wow!

Seemed so real til the door slammed. And still seems real even if dealing with dreams and memories. CP

tafxkztafxkzalmost 15 years ago
rare and precious

thanks for posting

AngelscuckAngelscuckabout 11 years ago
Photographs

I will never look at my old photos in the same way again. Bravo!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous