All Comments on 'Now It's My Turn Ch. 03'

by Aussie Bard

Sort by:
  • 413 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Excellent

Excellent thought provoking story with well developed characters. Good job.

wetapapwetapapalmost 19 years ago
excellent

i love happy endings, but only if they make sence. you did a great job on this one. realistically brought out the emotional feelings of all envolved. almost felt like you had been there in real life. can't wait for your next story, keep up the good work. a fan always.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Great Ending

Thank you for a wonderful ending to the story. Hopefully the moral and/or sexual extremists won't give you too bad a time.

Average-JoeAverage-Joealmost 19 years ago
Great story

As I said before, I like reconciliations and I wasnt sorry to see one in this case.

Most points were covered (Jacks lingering doubts, Megan's initial denial etc) and you showed that Jack and Megan's reconciliation wasnt just a walk in the park. You emphasised the time and work it took before they could even begin to fix things as well as the setbacks they expreienced during while attempting to work on saving the marriage.

I think you glossed over a couple of relatively minor points but it didnt detract much from the story. Nobody mentioned Megan putting Jack's life in danger by getting him sloppy drunk then giving him sleeping pills. Also, Jack’s parents also seemed to have undergone a complete reversal with no explanation given as to why. You could have at least mentioned that once they thought more about Megan’s actions, they decided they were wrong to push Jack into writing the whole thing off. They could have felt guilty about gently berating/blaming their son instead of supporting him etc. Something to explain why they went from seemingly blaming him to wanting to protect him (basically, you could have explained why they started acting normally).

I really liked the last paragraph. You seemed to be going for a 'everything is perfect, true love, forgiveness, hard work and emotional pain conqueres all' ending, then forced the reality of the situation upon us with Jack's reaciton to Sylvia.

With that one comment, it showed that Jack hadnt really released all his anger no matter how much he tried. If Jack could let go enough to completely forgive Megan, there was no reason for him to hold onto his hatred of Sylvia. Maybe he doesnt consciously realize how much bitterness he is still carrying around but its still there. Even if he is rationalising/transferring his emotions etc, his anger with Megan would still come out even if he didn’t recognise it consciously.

Based on Jack’s reaction to Sylvia, it seems likely that he and Megan aren’t back to where they were and probably never will be unless they deal with their lingering problems. I wouldn’t be surprised if Jack is still throwing Steve back in Megan’s face during every argument they have and that cant go on forever. Megan will resent it eventually no matter how much penance she feels she has to endure and Jack will never be able to love her like before as long as he keeps the anger alive.

If you were going for a 100% happy ending, I think Jack would have reacted with indifference or polite disinterest when hearing Sylvia’s name instead of hostility.

A very good, realistic, half-happy conclusion with Jack & Megan trying to make the best of something they could never get over completely.

Thanks for writing. I enjoy your stories & check your page almost every time I turn on the comp. In fact, I got pretty fixated and impatient while waiting for part's 2 and 3 of this story ;) (I hope you take my impatience as the compliment it is rather than a critism).

P.S. I could be wrong about Sylvia too. Maybe love did allow Jack to completely forgive Megan while still retaining his anger towards Sylvia, and the whole incident in general, but I don’t think I could react this way. Since I cant know how others think/feel, I must use my own feelings as a benchmark. I would have to forgive all the players involved or none of them (wouldn’t have to love, or even like them all, but I don’t think I could completely forgive one person while hating the other two).

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightalmost 19 years ago
The ending was nice, but

it was her cruel lies and almost vicious treatment of her husband that got her into the situation. Taking a lover was secondary to the way she did it. Call me crazy, but I would prefer the wife to sneak around for an affair, to making me believe I was less than I really am and then rub a local tomcat lover in my face. The woman in this chapter was not the woman in the first. If this is read separately, it is very nice. Read the first chapter and then this one at the same sitting and see if you can forgive the wife. It was an excellent story and done very well. My only problem is the woman in chapter one was a monster beyond forgiveness. She got better? Maybe.

fakers51fakers51almost 19 years ago
Very believable

It took a long time to breakdown his reserve to take her back. This was a well written story with a lot of believable passages. The part where the daughter almost fell in stream after catching a fish,he saying anything had happen to her then Megan wouldn't have seen her grow. The melding of the families. Her taking penance away from men and getting jealous when she found out he was datin. On and on and, author you wove a fantastic story.

fakers51fakers51almost 19 years ago
Very believable

It took a long time to breakdown his reserve to take her back. This was a well written story with a lot of believable passages. The part where the daughter almost fell in stream after catching a fish,he saying anything had happen to her then Megan wouldn't have seen her grow. The melding of the families. Her taking penance away from men and getting jealous when she found out he was datin. On and on and, author you wove a fantastic story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Loved It!!!

What more is there to say.

The counseling was critical. I disagree with the writer who said that his reaction to Sylvie indicates his lack of total forgiveness for Megan. He obviously sees Sylvie, and correctly I think, as the catalyst for Megan's incredibly poor judgement. In his mind, without Sylvie Megan would never have stumbled.

I have enjoyed all your stories. Keep up the good work.

rip32rip32almost 19 years ago
My Personal Motto

is never forgive, never forget. However, my ways are not the way of the world. This is a very interesting, well written story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Horrible forced ending

Once again, we have a writer create a strong set-up only to fuck it over for a forced illogical and unrealistic happy ending, negating everything that came before. They're back together because he thought of her in the mountains? Big fat haiy deal! Nothing -- NOTHING -- not her realization, not his so-called feelings make up for what she did. I refer not to the cheating but they way she went about it. No matter what words she uses, no matter how strongly she believes it, she could not love him and do that to him. Keep in mind the fact that if he hadn't talked to some people and figured out what she did she would have let him go on thinking he was the bad guy. Her remorse is only because she got caught. If she hadn't been found out she never would have felt any real guilt.

As for him, why does he still love her? There is not one true moment that shows why, only his words, and forced words at that because the writer wanted a happy ending.

PookiePookiealmost 19 years ago
Characters defy how you defined them

You seemed to forget how you'd defined your characters from the first half of the story to contrive a happy ending. I can't ever imagine conspiring with a best friend to fuck another man the way Megan did, and still say with a straight face that I loved my husband. She and her best friend developed a well thought out plan to drug her husband, lied to him to make it seem he had cheated, put him through a big guilt trip over an affair she had staged, and then had her affair right in front of him. I would have to be one cold heartless bitch to do that, even to a boyfriend.

Look at the comments she makes to him during the week after the setup. She brings a man he dislikes into their house and bedroom, with him still at home. Megan seemed to go out of her way to really rub his nose into something she knew he didn't do. And we're supposed to believe she loves him? I don't think so. Megan's character is just impossible for me to believe.

I can't imagine a husband ever trusting a wife again after she drugged him so she could carry out a well planned affair. It's just not realistic. The story would have at least been entertaining if there had been some erotic scenes/twists to carry the plot, but there was little eroticism in the story.

It seems you wanted a happy ending with a good feeling, and really twisted the character development in the second half of the story to make it happen. Rarely do affairs result in anything but breakups/divorce, and very few affairs would ever approach the things Megan did.

romaq7705romaq7705almost 19 years ago
not quite

I gave this story a 25 though I think it is well written. Megan in this chapter is a totally different person from the megan of chapters1 and 2. I was tempted to nominate her for sainthood while reading chapter3. But I still think she doesn’t deserve the happy ending she got. Though jack may love megan very much, love has nothing to do with them staying together. Love just like hate is an act of will. The question is, should jack stay with megan? I think not.

First, a feeling of déjà vu came to me as I read it. The author took the comments on chapter2 to heart when he wrote this chapter. The major elements for a reconciation are there; breaking off her relationship with sylvia, her owning up to her mistake, her suffering while jack thinks the sitiuation over, etc. Even sylvia’s near breakdown is a good touch but I still think this is too contrived, too sterile. I felt the author just humored the people who posted comments so they’ll agree with this ending. IMO, megan’s sin is simply unforgiveable.

2nd, to endear megan to the readers, the author changed the facts in chapter1. It’s unfair if it’s a deliberate act to mislead. But if that is truly megan’s recollection of the events, then, let’s analyze and see where it leads. I take it jack knows all these as these came out in therapy.

in chapter3 megan says Steve was on an ego trip and tried to make Jack out to be some sort of a wimp. At first I went along with it but his attitude grated and eventually I couldn't take it any more. "Steve," I yelled at him. "We both know that Jack had no say in this and that doesn't make him a wimp. He thinks he is saving our marriage, what we are doing is hurting him. If you want to continue lay off the comments about my husband."

From chapter1 jack hears steve saying "That poor sucker of a husband sure doesn't know what he is missing, or maybe he does. What a wimp letting someone else fuck his wife and in his own bed." I waited to hear Megan defend me but it never came.

Ok. Granting, megan said those word when jake left, the question is, does she know if jake heard her or not? Why we she afraid jack left her for good? My thinking is she’s lying. She never said those words. Damage control.

In chater 3 megan says, I needed to take a shower and afterwards decided to talk to Jack and tell him that was it and we could get back to normal again. He wasn't there and I panicked. I thought he had left me but his clothes and things were still there in the closet. I called his cell phone but it was switched off so I rang Sylvia just to talk. Her advice was to keep it going for a few more days otherwise he might be suspicious.

chapter1’s phone converstation, Megan said, "I guess I'll see him again. Things were ok and the sex was great but I was upset when I found out Jack had left. I thought he had left me for good or maybe done something silly and hurt himself. I still love him and don't want to risk losing him. When he came home Sunday I almost told him it was over and I forgave him, but he seemed to have resigned himself to what was happening. I decided to try it a few more times then tell him that I have had my revenge and it is time to move on."

Clearly in chapter1 it was megan’s decision to fuck steve a few more times. Again she’s lying and using sylvia to cover her tracks. Again, damage control.

In chapte3 megan says, To be honest the sex with Steve was disappointing. It was like being back in school with my two boyfriends. Sex with Steve was all about him pleasing him, I took second place. I did get off twice but it still left me with a feeling of emptiness and of being unfulfilled. It took me a while to understand why.

But chapter1 megan says:"Steve was fun and as I said the sex was great. As for his equipment, well it isn't any bigger than Jack's. I can't even say he is a better lover than Jack. I guess it was just different and the fact that what I'm doing is so wrong and exciting."

Which is it? Was the sex great or not? If she was really disappointed with the sex, why would she tell her best friend otherwise? If steve disappointed her, why would she fuck him a few more time? Another lie. She enjoyed sex with steve.

The therapist’s diagnosis is their life together had become plain, clean almost sterile. The excitement and naughtiness of youth had been replaced with predictable behaviour. megan had wanted to replace some of that sterility with a little dirty action. Unfortunately instead of getting her husband to agree she had followed bad advice and listened to Sylvia.

Again she’s using sylvia. but more importantly, what does “a little dirty action” mean? Kinky sex? I think not. She doesn’t need sylvia’s advise for this and I think jack would have gladly done anything with her. She doesn’t want a swinging lifestyle as the mere thought of jack dating upsets her. I think she really wants to have other men. She wants a cuckold lifestyle for jack.

Wow! What an angel! She lies through therapy and would like other men to fuck her and willing cuckold lifestyle for jack. Why would anyone want to live with a girl like this? Sure, she may be the perfect wife for a while but should jack trust her? she is a a selfish lying bitch and that will will surface again soon enough. Like they say, fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

writingdragonwritingdragonalmost 19 years ago
Actually a very good ending

You showed a real situation, a tad bit overboard in the set-up but fools are what the world is made up of. Megan was the boggest fool in the set up Jack made the decision to bring her back based on two great facts. His love for her and the kids. Without the love for the mate the kids mean nothing.

Unfortunately too many relationships get back or stay together just for the kids without the love and it tears the kids to shreads later.

The third part was believeable and romantic and since it's a story it's allowed to be both.

By the way folks even though it doesn't always work out true love in the real world would make a try to get her back.

AnonymousCriticAnonymousCriticalmost 19 years ago
It's the same Megan

She had an epiphany twice, the first when he left the table with Mary and the second when she discovered he was dating. Her epiphany was that she felt bad (oh, yeah, so he must have also). It's still all about her. There isn't any expression, or inner monologue about feeling bad about how she made him feel. She feels bad because she can't have him if he winds up with someone he's dating. It's all about her. How about some revulsion that she could risk his life by combining drugs and alcohol? How about some revulsion that, if her plan succeeded, he would spend the rest of his life regretting the horrible behavior he never did and how it forced her to humiliate him? How about some revulsion about the self doubts she caused him or the lack of trust that might make it impossible for him to ever have a relationship with anyone, let alone her? Nope. SHE feels bad because SHE is hurt. Epiphany? No. Empathy? No. Self pity. Me. Me. Me.

His parents and Mary in chapters 1 & 2 put on the full court press to just forget and forgive. They magically change between chapters but Mary, who was blackmailed into not seeing him, comes to the aid of her blackmailer to help her try to win him back. Why? Why? Does she love Jack enough to do this for him? If so, she's modeling behavior to Megan that Megan completely missed. More likely it's just a plot device that doesn't make sense in terms of the character of the characters.

In this story, the cheating is not the big deal, it is the betrayal and the intentional infliction of pain on Jack. But he is left to work it out on his own. That should be nearly impossible to overcome. But he does it and we don't know how. There is the weakness of 1st person. We can't know what's in his mind unless he tells us and he hasn't.

It seems to me that the ending was predistined and the author twisted the plot and character traits to make it end the way he wanted. It was well written, but the story doesn't hang together in my opinion.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
as a stand alone, a nice story, BUT

as a stand alone story this chapter could have been nice.

but as part of a longer story, it doesn't fit. the people in here are not the people in Chpt 1 & 2. the events remembered here in Chpt 3 are a poor fit to those related in chpt 1 & 2.

author, did you ever reread what you wrote in the first chpts before you wrote this one? because the connection is tenuous.

you write well the crisis stories like chpt 1, and you write well the reconcilliation stories like chpt 3 - only you do not do well in connecting it into one story. perhaps you should write only the parts as seperate stories, and NOT try to put them together into one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
A Fine Effort Author

While the debate rages - you wrote what you felt and did a very good job at it. This is a learning curve by experience isn't it.

I must say that I feel that within the theme of marital cheating, a story of the resulting realities of normal life and it's consequence is the most interesting and emotional subject here or elsewhere.

It can be erotic or factual or both. It can be easily related to due to our fears or our reality of having lived through one.

I think it can be the most challenging theme for any author to undertake. It is frought with a wide divergenge of reader opinion as to how one handles a meltdown of two lovers who once felt so commited to each other - so exclusive to each other that they contractually obligated themselves in marriage to remain faithful to themselves alone.

Since many of us are, were, or are married again this is furtile ground for character and story interest, attachment or revulsion depending on how the author sets the stage initially - then takes us through the process of exposure and resolution.

The divergence of reader emotion is predictable as many readers have thier own story to relate to as a template. Some were able to come to grip with what happened and forgive thier partner or themself but many didn't - but in many cases not for lack of effort. One doesn't truly control another's thoughts or actions before, during or after a short or long affair. The offended and the offender have wounded emotions and reduced respect and trust are very difficult barriers to overcome.

So, it isn't surprising that authors in several thousands of words can fail to appease all reader emotions, hence the multiple optional endings used by some or written by others.

But that is the crux of the interest - the author probe for reality causes and provokes healthy contemplative reader emotional thought. Hopefully to benefit some readers.

If there is a key to the readers greater resultant satisfaction, I think it lies up front in the story where the author can make the offense heinous or unintended, short or long term, blattent or circumspect, and the desciption of the offended spouse can weigh heavily as well. Out of this author created background can come a path of consequence which generates greater reader acceptance with the eventual outcome. Complex to this is that many authors can't or won't reveal a total picture as it would ruin the authors intent and the reader's continued interest. A catch 22 of sorts and thats part of the author challenge.

Author, a circulas way to say you did a very credible job amidst a jungle of possibilities. I hope you will continue to provoke and entertain us in this vein again soon. Anyone can write the usual fuck and suck but few can do what you did as well as you did. Thanks - with high Regard

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
What about the load of guilt?

Adultery... common and forgivable.

Drugs to make it happen... pushing the limits.

Intending Jack to feel guilty for the rest of his life... out of bounds, beyond the pale, unfrickinforgivable, priceless.

Jack's reaction to the affair was pretty much what one would expect from a garden variety, sneak-around-a-few-times affair. He completely ignored the viscous, hateful, nasty, underhanded, dangerous, deceitful attack on his self-esteem. Now, maybe a man could decide he must accept that to gain the things he values so much but wouldn't he have to take a much longer and different path to that conclusion? It was a big part of chapter one so it is a serious omission that it was not dealt with.

Kanga40Kanga40almost 19 years ago
My 5c worth

There are plenty of good posts going into the detail of the horrendous character and plot problems with this story, so I will be as brief as possible. No matter how well written, gramatically correct and correctly spelled, a bad story is still a bad story.

I disagree absolutely with my good friend Writingdragon about this one, but his usual good judgement is clouded by his involvement. I see Average Joe likes it too. Oh well.

My thoughts are:

"A good chapter, yes. But what relationship did it have to the previous chapters apart from characters with the same names?

OH yes, that's it, the characters had the same name AND gender as those in Ch1. Silly me.

Stuff all else was related to the previous parts of the story.

This chapter on its own was not bad, but as a supposed continuation of previous submissions of the same title, absolutely irrelevent.

Had this chapter been the whole story, I would have scored it highly.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Mate, You've told a wonderful story

There will be those anonymous writers who denounce you with God's fury. Pay no attention. Life isn't like that. If there was love it is a high probability that there is still love regardless of how much manure it is buried under. The question then becomes how forgiving is the offended party? You have written a great story of love, cheating, and forgivness. Bless You. Ronnie W.

Nightowl22Nightowl22almost 19 years ago
Well told!!!

This has been a great story with a great ending. For some people I guess the cheating phase of a story should be the same as the reconciliation phase. Everyone changed with the discovery of the cheating and they changed more with time and help!!!

I enjoyed it very much!!!

Damn Kanga, you could give a little leeway to a fellow countryman, couldn't you? Actually, I think you're wrong!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
A Good Story

I do think it is valid that they get back together after counseling. It would not be easy and there would be hurt for a long time as Jack would bring up his pain to Megan. Megan would be an emptional punching bag for Jack but I think she and Jack would stay together. Sylvia, to Jack, would be hated no matter what his relationship is with Megan. I can see Mary's support of Jack but not with Megan.

I think there could be expansion of the chapters to get where you did at the end, and to explain some of the inconsistancies that people are writing about. I still liked the story and want you to continue to write. I like your stories for the fact that there is not the "cheating wife but happy husband" stories that are oftern seen.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
I took the time

Mate, I took the time to go to the archives and read every one of your stories. I have to say that this one is as good as they come. It is probably your best, though I did like Marci a lot. Please pay no attention to the nay sayers, the gospel shouters and the Jesus freaks that try to waylay you and your ability to write interesting and very good stories. Good writing is something that is a gift and you certianly have it. I encourage you to continue writing and I will always be looking for you as one who is rapidly becoming my favourite author. OLE REB

gizzmo301gizzmo301almost 19 years ago
well done

well written well told and a great ending. Thanks for giving us a great story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Great Job-Hated the Ending!

Thanks for a great story. The end of the first chapter was great, but it went down hill to an very sad ending. She Drugged him, to Guilt him, to Cheat on him and he says, "Oh yes let's have sex again in OUR house". Come on, nobody is that pathetic. I can't see any reason why he should ever have any feeling for her besides total hatred. So now the kids have one parent that hates the other, one that never loved the father, and they all live miserably ever after.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Excellent work- great author!

I really appreciate the time & effort that this author instills into "his type" of story-telling. I am envious of the ability to do so, [similar to KK, Taboo-teller and other great authors]. I personally think that Megan got off to easy [needed more emotional revenge from Jack onto her] and was hoping to see Jack get together with her younger sister for a revengeful interlude that Megan innocently discovers and finally feels the pain within. But I digress-I will always look for this author's work.

Respectfully!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Good story

While I agree this story and you took the time to address ever angle you thought up. Your switching to Megan on the last chapter I thought changed the story a little too much. If your going to do point of view writing it be easier to follow the characters in sequence. Your first and second chapter was the angry husband that still loved the wife, the wife being a stupid woman that you could despise. Then the third was the remorseful wife that made a mistake. This make it seem like its two different people and worse she tries to explain why she did it. Cheating is cheating there is no reason to do it unless you want to face the reactions.

Secondly I think most people miss one dangerous factor. When the wife and Silvia was druging him he was drinking. At the very least that is trying to poison him. he seems to be a very intellegent man why didnt he tell his wife about that?

Back to first statement this is a wonderful storie that you should be proud of, but I do wish you would have stuck to the husbands point of view.

msboy8msboy8almost 19 years ago
Forgiveness Heals and Renews

Yes, I still believe in fairy tales. I know that things don't always turn out, but people have as much capacity to forgive as they have to hold a grude to the grave and beyond. You saved the story, thanks.

chezshirecatchezshirecatalmost 19 years ago
Glad to see you finish this one

Enjoyed reading this chapter, and glad you threw in the wife's point of view. It made their reconcilliation more plausible, in my opinion, although a betrayal like this one would be hard for most husbands to overcome in real life. Still, I enjoyed seeing things wrapped up with a happy ending. Looking forward to your next story ...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Are these the same ppl in the previous chapters?

Unbeliveable.

A very contrived ending.

MinigalesMinigalesalmost 19 years ago
Great Story Except For ...

The cheating plot. The cheating method can only be done by someone who is so evil or moronic. In either case, it is not someone you want to be married to however his rebound from it may be. She will never do the same thing again, but being a moron, she may do something even worse. I do not see it much different from killing her husband so she would not have to be cheating when she fucks others (although the legal system disagrees).

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Well Done

A story very well done and realistic. Thanks Bob

LeBrozLeBrozover 18 years ago
Different Point of View

Okay, I admit to being the forever romantic always looking for the happily everafter ending.

You made it palpable and real by telling this installment from Megan's point of view. Here we get to see the long period of resolution through her eyes. This is probably the best way to make the reconciliation believable.

No doubt this is why there were so many comments about these being different characters from the first two installments. But we've already seen everything up til now from Jack's point of view. Here we get insight into the rest of the story from Megan's POV.

I especially liked Jack's comment in response to Megan's promise to spend the rest of her life making things up to him. It wouldn't be much of a marriage that way with her being a shell of a person; he's absolutely right about her needing to be a partner. It's the partnership she wrecked and it will only be a marriage if they can restore that partnership.

The other thing, besides telling this from Megan's POV was the many months this took to resolve. It was very obvious that this was a long slow process.

Nice finishing touches too. Taking on Mary as her new friend (as a replacement to Sylvia) was nice and helps heal other rifts long past. Pregnancy was a nice touch as well. And no one can blame Jack for permanently shutting out Sylvia; she wasn't his friend in the first place. He shouldn't be expected to accept her under any circumstances.

Great finish to a tough sell.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Sad

This is the saddist thing I have ever read. Is the author trying to use this method as therapy?

AAAUUGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

By kipling...I can't get the damn pw to work

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
? Same Megan ?

The Megan of the third section comes off as a totally different person that the self-indulgent airhead of parts 1 and 2. Jack would have been far better off to have allowed the divrce to go ahead and try find someone with enough self-respect to return the love he had to give. Mary and Megan are both warped individuals. At least Sylvia was honest in what she wanted.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
AAARRRRGGG! worst story ever

The author 's a complete 21st century god dam fucking idiot a TRUE liberal with no sense of right and wrong

what is more unbelievable?

the man who fuck his wife STEVE shows up at Jack's door banging it and threatens to beat him... and Steve is a MUCH taller and stronger man than Jack.... and the parents blame HIM for a punch in the nose?

maybe if Jack beat Steve senseless.... I could see the Parent reaction... but a Punch in the nose? Big fucking deal

Mary a woman who has abortion a child that was jack's and never tells him... then giving Jack lessons in morality to jack?

lets review what the wife did...

1 Plotted and openly panned to betray the husband

2 gave him DRUGS and alcohol when her actions could of KILLED him.... think about that that... for 1 cock she was willing to risk Jack's DEATH!!!

My God..

3 then set up him under false pretenses... after Jack even confessed what he had done --or was about to

4 then Megan wanted to or did in fact fuck Steve several times

5 did so in their Martial bed!!!. Jacks supposed one night stand was in drunken stupor.

6 and jack never ever at any point in these stories Raises any of these CRITICAL points with Megan

and he takes her back? I dont know about you but when author has spouse willing to risk spouse #2 DEATH or coma... it is a a pathetic stupid story

how can he take her back???!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?

what a god dam fucking outrage

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Good read

Overall, thumbs up. My only complaint with the story is the revenge fuck with Mary. It's just sex, I suppose, but it's mean at a time when there's enough meanness in this marriage to fill several oil tankers. Two wrongs don't make a right and it shows the husband's lack of moral fiber. OK, so he's human. It's still wrong.

Other than that bleat, kudos to you, Aussie Bard for a job well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Affairs

An affair, often with someone pretty unsuitable, is quite common as someone wriggles their way out of a relation they’re tired of. In real life this couple and their children would probably have been better off if the divorce went through; even though the present confrontation is bad her next search for the exit might be more disastrous still.

Even the destruction of Steve’s marriage is in the real life scenario; I did it myself to the man with whom my own former wife stepped out as she moved on from our marriage. It may be that the harm I did to his wife is the worst thing I’ve ever done; I don’t know if my wife also blames herself for that though she clearly should. Who knows where the effects of their wrong doing will end?

In practice however this story is more interesting than reportage of a real marital catastrophe.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
fucked up pos wimp

wimp bastard, i can't believe i read all this for this shitty ending

SpykkeSpykkeover 17 years ago
Nice one although...

i find the need for constant repentence over the top. As for the previous comment I guess you would have only been happy if he had machine gunned them. Your comments are the worst kind of macho rubbish.

zed0zed0over 17 years ago
I Hate A Sad Ending

AGood Read about a WIMP down under. A little long, and I had hoped he wouldn't Wimp Out till the bitter end.

grizbearmtgrizbearmtover 17 years ago
Trite

Though the story was well written, it was filled to the brim with clichés and very trite clichés at that.

I have nothing against happy endings… if they are deserved.

What I do have against such happy endings, as yours here, is the fact of how you completely ignored common human behavioral patterns and had to concoct some extremely illogical situations to explanation the happy ending to us.

“I'm not even sure that I really understand why I did it.”

Bull Shit! No one does anything of that magnitude without knowing why before doing it. The statement itself means, “I’m lying to protect myself or your ego, but either way, I’m lying.”

“Not giving him time to respond the counselor laid it out for him, "You miss being a part of a full family group. These family gatherings and barbeques have given you back part of what you lost. If that can have such a profound effect on you then imagine what it will be like if you can get the whole thing back. Then again, imagine what it would be like if you go on with the divorce and lose the happiness you have rediscovered."

Since when is a family gathering sexual in nature and/or having to do with a husband & wife relationship? Divorced families meet and have parties and barbeques all the time. People divorce and marry someone else all the time. This is in no way a logical argument for the two of them getting back together. (Underscore, “the two of them.”) A therapist would never have said anything even near to that.

I’m sorry, I could go on & on with instances, but to what purpose? I’m not trying to be arrogant and slam you. I’m not a better writer than you. I wouldn’t even think of going down that road. You have shown your skills more than once at writing quality stories, but here in this story I truly do have the feeling that you already had the first and last chapters already written before you type one single word. The rest was only fill-in.

Though the storyline is not completely new, it is a storyline that hasn’t been trashed to infinity. That and your very easy to read style of writing let me completely finish the story even though I knew in advance the outcome and I became only interested in how you were going to attempt to get us there.

So my scoring of your story goes as following: Writing skills= 100, Storyline= 0.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Story somewhat inconsistent!

In Chapter 1, we have the following conversation between Sylvia and Megan which was recorded by Jack:

Sylvia: "Megan what is he up to, do you think he suspects anything?"

Megan: "No, he is just upset about me and Steve and is trying to make it up to me so I will forgive him and not see Steve again."

Sylvia" "Are you going to see Steve again? How did it go? Was it as good as I told you?"

Megan: "I guess I'll see him again. Things were ok and the sex was great but I was upset when I found out Jack had left... I decided to try it a few more times then tell him that I have had my revenge and it is time to move on."

In Chapter 3, Megan described her dissatisfaction with Steve's performance. If she was so unhappy with Steve (i.e., felt like a hooker) why would she see him again?

Of course she conveniently did not rebute Steve when he first put Jack down. Overall, the first Megan struck me as a cruel and sinister woman who did not hesitate to degrade and humiliate her husband to achieve her means. She was vicious always letting Jack know that he caused this mess. What if the drugs and booze they gave him at the party led to medical problems for Jack?

To be honest I saw no reason to take her back. Rather than taking chances and getting caught with Steve she made Jack her enabler. So she still get caught and the only difference is that she cries that she is sorry and dumps Sylvia.

Where was Jack's deceit? He revealed that he knew about their lies, dumps water on Sylvia and leave with an old girlfriend who will comfort him during this trying period. Jack was honest about what he was going to do. It was insulting for anyone to compare his actions to Megan's.

In the end because Jack could not live without Megan reconciliation was predestined from the end of Chapter 1. In real life, now that they have both cheated it is easy to see how either Megan or Jack will cheat again.

Despite the problems with the plot/credibility of the story it was well written. Thanks for the effort.

SleeplessinMD

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Not bad mate

Got a bit soapie like with Megan's mom's operation etc. No one has the right to judge how the wronged person forgives or not whet hey have kids involved. The wimp haters should get a life.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Not a Wimp

This story rocked! All those "wimp" commentators can watch their wives deepthroat black cock on boobtube! The dude was kicked in the nuts by his wife and managed to forgive her in just under a year...good for him. His love was stronger than his need for revenge and her love was stronger than her pride. She could have said enough was enough and moved on...she took her well-deserved lumps and fought for her husband. Shit happens in a marriage, sometimes very bad shit, but you can work through it if you try. That's what second chances are for.

Fan-fucking-tastic Story.Great sex btw.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
loved it

The story writing was great. I didn't always agree with the content but I liked the fact that they didn't just kiss and make up. They worked at it. They worked very hard. That is what real marriage is about. I had a very rocky marriage with my post partum deppression and I am grateful he stuck with me for the three years it took to find the right combination of medication. That is a real man. keep up the great writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
They worked at IT -- the marriage? How ? when?

The story is a fucking disaster b/c they KEY issue is over looked. MEGAN had the chance to back out of her scheme to fuck Steve and she did NOT.

<br></br>

<br></br>

According to Megan she saw the agony and Pain on Jack --her supposed loving husband's fac-- KNOWING that the whole thing was bullshit. Megan KNEW that Jack had not fucked Sylvia. She knew he was over come and wracked with guilt.

<br></br>

<br></br>

And she had the chance to back out of it... She thought about calling it off... and <b>decided FUCKING STEVE AND DECEIVING my husband is far more important to me than telling him the truth. </b>

<br></br>

<br></br>

How the fuck can anyone get past that?

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Dumb Blonde, OR SOMETHING ELSE?

I enjoyed the story except the part that it took Megan so long to realize just how severe she had hurt Jack.(There is a label for this type of behavior) She not only had an affair but plotted and planned how to hurt Jack so severely that he would allow her to have sex with a man he couldn't stand. She got him drunk then drugged him. I'm surprised she didn't kill him with all that booze and sleeping pills. This was a cold calculated plan of deceit, to hurt and humilliate a loving and caring husband who always puts his wife and children before himself. Just to satisfy an obsession of having sex with a married man which in and of itself is hurtful enough even w/o considering the malliscious acts she perpetrated against her husband just to get what she wanted. This type of behavior and thinking reveals the true nature of the inner core of Megan's character. That is a major character flaw and I'm sorry but any counselor would recognize that behavior. They label people that exhibit that type of behavior as SOCIOPATHS. This is rarely cured. You're talking about reversing and correcting a major mental illness which can't be done in most people's lifetimes. Other than that it was well written but not plausible. Most sociopaths don't have remorse if they did they wouldn't delibertly hurt others for their own gain. Megan had remorse. Granted it took her a while, at first, she was only concerned with her loss but she did finally recognize what she did to Jack which suggests that she wouldn't have committed this act it in the first place. There in lies the contradiction. Megan's character is not consistent throughout the story. She starts out a Sociopath, as per her actions, then within a year, a loving wife and mother. So either her behavior in the beginning has to be changed so that it is not so severely anti-social or the outcome has to change,(divorce & committed to mental facility)to be plausible. The rest was pretty good, though.

NucleusNucleusabout 16 years ago
Refer to HDK's comment

In the whole plot both characters take a rebound but there are unfilled flaws not only between chapter one and two. In chapter one she acts like a heartless bitch and in correlation you described her behavior before the "accident" it doesn't fit well. The seventh year itch is in this case not a relieable explanation. If she acts like a bitch she must have always been a bitch or something in their relationship changed so imperceptible for both of them when the storm comes down on him. If you are interested you may read the referring chapters in adequate books about fiction writing.

First a link to wikipedia:

<p>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/fiction_writing</p>

See at the bottom of this page the references. James N. Frey is a good tip. I will commend to Lajos Egris Book too:

<p>http://www.writerswrite.com/fiction/egri.htm</p> or, if available:

<p>Stein on writing, St. Martin’s Press, 1995 hardback, 2000 paperback; British Commonwealth under the title Solutions for Writers, Souvenir Press.</p>

<p>Sincere regards and Have a good new year. Keep on writing</p>

<b>Nucleus</b>

<p>*sorry I can't edit the links. There are gaps. First link shut the gap in the word "fiction." Second link shut the gap in "htm." If you don't shut you will reach the wrong sites resp. nothing. Thanks for understanding.</p>

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Nope it stinks..

No0O, not another wimp_story... With a twisted wife that first sets him up for a suicide and then after apologizing just gets back into her happy house_wife life. And they had kids too... I don't know what it is that is wrong on this site.... It's like you all have taken cuckold_lessons on how to write to keep your Dom's happy... Is that it? ...Please read bmfwaic instead and learn something about writing, and f*ng life too.... He is on this site... And he knows , unlike this piece of sh*_story I had to force myself through... Yoron.

Simple49erSimple49eralmost 16 years ago
Not plausible!

While I do not believe her behavior is psychopathic - she is not a serial killer or willing to completely destroy those around her to get what she wants - she certainly gets close. She knew how much her husband loved and trusted her. She knew he was the kind of man who would be wracked by guilt if he even accedentally cheated on her. The back story with Mary reveals he was a man of intergrity and honor and that Megan knew that. She used this man's goodness against him to cheat on him. She laid out a plan, she followed through on it. So what if the sex was not great and Steve was a prick - she got what she wanted and had no real second thoughts about. Later when she even considered not doing it again, she saw how compliant her husband was and tells the Bitch that since he is not going to strenuously object, that she should do it not once more but a "few more times." She did not feel guilty because she had done something wrong, but because she got caught. She would have had an ongoing afair otherwise. Not divorce her? So she feels sorry afterwards. Not divorce? Stay together because of the kids? Some of the stories that reunite couples after they have "screwed-up" only once are believable and of course she only did it that one night. But in this case, she broke trust in the devious, lying manner she went about it. ALL she care about was her own self fulfillment and did not consider at all what she would be doing to her husband. Guilt after being caugth counts a lot less than guilt before that act that stops her from doiing it. The ending for all its emotion is not plausible based on the personalities of these two people. They not only should be divorced, but he should have sued the "Bitch," and published the pictures on the inernet.

striker1017striker1017almost 16 years ago
nice

It was a nice story, but she spent no time on his comments about committing suicide. She never once said anything about how she felt almost causing him to kill himself. That is not Love.That is guilt, and the fact that she got caught. If she didn't get caught she was all ready to keep him thinking that way and continue her affair. She got off to easy for pushing him so far as to consider suicide.he should have at least tried it, so she would have realized how bad she screwed up. She was not worth taking back. This was life or death and she didn't really care that much about it.

KOLKOREKOLKOREalmost 16 years ago
again, too deep a plot whole at the start...

My salute to what I deem as super human 'loving' power of this husband... it should definitely qualify him for sainthood. But IMHO for most mortals - overcoming such a bigger than life cruel but carefully put plan, by such "loving” wife (is there any point where 'love' looses its meaning in the face of amazingly hateful acts?) simply feels incredible... Talk about sleeping with the enemy...<P>

The focus of the story was merely on the wife's cheating, but the implications of the worst part – namely her purposely pain and guilt inflicting pain were never dealt as such. No one asked: What does it take, and for what kind of person, to set up a scheme and enact it over time where the sole purpose is to psychologically damage your beloved one? All that even BEFORE the plotter gets to fulfill her ultimate goal. Most stories of cheating are about weakness and temptation, not about purposely inflicting pain and guilt as a tool to arrive at the cheating goal. <P>

The actions of this ‘loving’ wife set a record for me on the ‘heartless –hateful’ scale. Taking THAT to be the platform for a sweet reconciliation tale, without even addressing the special dark qualities of this woman, makes for a hugely incredible plot. It just does not fit. Yes, again, it's the case of: ‘too deep a plot hole at the beginning to overcome at the end’.

SimpleTomSimpleTomover 15 years ago
Growing Up

While some have criticized this story as implausible because a husband forgives his wife's infidelity, I disagree and I don't think that the husband is a wimp for having made that choice. If you look at the timeline, it took a considerable period of time for the husband to work out his own emotions, his disappointment and fears, and then come to grip with what he wanted. The wife too had to grow up and get beyond her own selfishness.

When you have a small child or childen, you do face the question: Is divorce the best answer? Here, both the husband and the wife answered this question in the negative and they were able to find happiness by finding an answer that was suitable to what they both wanted.

Risq_001Risq_001over 15 years ago
SimpleTom, that is the wrong question to ask

<p>If a someone (husband or wife) stays with a cheating mate for the kids, then the kids <i><b>will</b></i> pick up on it. And two things happen, either they grow up believing that its OK to cheat with or on mates and girlfriends or they lose respect for the parent that wronged the the other. I have first hand knowledge of this.</p>

<p>I always laugh when people suggest this. If someone cheats on you, and you "honestly" are preparing for divorce, you don't one day think "Well for the sake of my kids I'll forget my spouse drugged me, let her best friend try her best to rape me, made me feel like I cheated on my marriage, and coerced me in to letting her have sex with another person while making believe her plan was all my fault." Yep people get over that every day once they grow up.</p>

<p>Its not a point of "growing up" as you suggest. That tries to put a label on something far worse. When you do it for the sake of small children, it's like building a bridge out of matchsticks and trying to tell everyone it can support the weight of elephants. Get it? Match sticks = a marriage built on the support of small children to support it and the elephant = the affair. I'm sure you got that, but I couldn't resist. Any real doctor will tell you that trying to keep a marriage alive for just that will kill the marriage faster than anything else.</p>

<p>But the problem most folks have with the story was it didn't resolve anything. "IF" the husband was upset that his wife drugged him, set him up, and coerced/tricked him into taking the blame in her affair, but he was too in much with her to divorce her or leave her, then why did he get upset? This wasn't something like she brought home Chinese take out instead of Mexican. This was her setting him up to get raped so she could have an affair. But the Author of the story "dismissed" the point that he brought up to make the story a happy ending.</p>

<p>If the role was reversed and it was a woman set up to get raped by her husband's best friend, with her husbands help, all so he could have sex with the big busty woman he met at a bar, I find it hard to believe you would tell her to suck it up, grow up, and stay with him for the sake of the children, would you? Why the double standard because it is a man?</p>

-Risq

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Enjoyed the story!

I enjoyed the story but like some of the other comments, the difference in the character make up of Megan from the first couple of chapters to this third one are pretty drastic. After finishing the first two chapters, it almost felt like I had just read a story by Just Plain Bob where the wife was an evil, conniving and ruthless monster that the husband could just turn and walk away from never to look back while leaving the cheating wife in misery with nothing except the justice that was adequately served by losing her innocent and honorable spouse. I enjoy those types of stories once in awhile. Anyway, to me here in order for chapter three to work at all there had to be more ground work laid in the earlier two chapters that would give the reader some sense that Megan had some redeeming qualities, or some other clues that would help the reader see that she could be a sympathetic character. The Megan in the third chapter was almost a different person than the immature, brainless twit who destroyed her marriage and her husband in the first two chapters. I think that all three parts could have been better if the first two had been a stand alone story of cheating and revenge. Then the third chapter could have been a separate romance saga telling the story of a wife trying to win back her family in the process of gaining some redemption and happiness. And it wouldn't have to involve reconciliation which in this situation is kind of tough to imagine based upon what the wife did to the husband in the first place. Anyway, just my thoughts.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Ah mi oh my.

Here again is a fem pretending to be male having a terrible time with creating a male character with appropriate dialogue and behavior.

I don't know why you puta's don't give it up and come out of the closet.

What consistent constant crap you turn out is amazing, I gotta believe you're all stamped out in a factory.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Wimp Writer!

You have to be the biggest "Loser" of all the author on this site. I challenge YOU to write a story where just ONCE the man comes out looking like a man not a spinelese loser!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
ok w the end

he did not have her back and just submit to her ... and even had mary + ? if they worked out the details, can anyone say that is wrong?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Unbelievable

Easily the best story I have ever read here. Just great. Still needed more sex :) but other than that perfect!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
SHE

She drug him to sleep with another man.All your bullshit DOESN'T ANSWER THAT.

glk19glk19almost 15 years ago
FYI

What his wife and friend did are felonies and would label them a sexual predators. Yet he forgives this?????

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
What a waste of my time & your effort

What a waste of time and effort put into such a completely unbelieveable story. Even those spineless English writers don't expect their audience to swallow this kind of crap. anon jerry

RonRWoodRonRWoodover 14 years ago
Cheating, deceit, and romance at its best!

Great story! And while I agree that what the wife did was horrible... She did appear to really love her husband and over time atoned for both her deceit and the awful method of accomplishing her cheating. Yet, it was very hard for me to accept at first... Especially that she really loved her husband. I mean, face it! She knew he was suffering horrendously after what he thought he had done... Then again, she knew how he suffered during the affair she unfairly demanded. All along she knew that he had no cause to be suffering, yet she allowed it just to get her stange cock . Of course, the way you wrote the story after all that... Where she finally admitted her selfishness and worked hard to get back his trust and forgiveness...that is makes the story work. For me, the key to your story is that even from the first he truly loved her. He even loved her enough to finally accept her horrible treachery and his unfair punishment. I would not have done so personally from the get go! Even after she accused me of screwing her friend while drunk! Mainly because two wrongs do not make a right and is definetly not the answer to cheating by one or the other! Yet, in your story he loved her enough to accept her back eventually... Of course, this love he felt for her all along contributed to him as being seen a wimp to some readers...and from the very first of your story! Still, this same kind of love is the neccessary ingredient for any marriage to continue after such a blow. Once again...it is evident in your story that they did love each other throughout the story. So maybe I too am a helpless wimp of a romantic. Still, I think that without this kind of love there is no really great marriage with or without the cheating! Is there? I wish that I had known the same during my own two marriages and I have been married 45 years to two different women! I guess I am just a hopeless romantic? Maybe a wimp as well? Write more!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Reality!

For those who have been through, somewhat, similar situations; then, they can truely relate. Those who haven't, "Life is a BITCH"!

dangerouslydeaddangerouslydeadover 14 years ago
Thank god!

that you are not a prolific writer in LW segment. I would hate to see my time wasted like this.

I like happy endings but this is ludicrous at best. He is essentially "raped" by the wife's friend, lied to, drugged, dragged to police station and made to watch his children be miserable because their mother was a bitch and he forgave her... But seeing his history with Mary.. he is a cuckold with a habit of fucking himself up in relationships...

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Oh please!

This time it was an affair,what happens when she decides she wants his life insurance money??

woodmanonewoodmanoneover 14 years ago
It's just a story

I enjoyed the story even if I can't believe anyone in the real world would react like the husband did or be so heartless in the first two chapters and so soulful in the last chapter as the wife.

But for all of you anon assholes andy's and hate Nazis remember it's just a story. Written to entertain readers not an essay on how someone should lead their life.

I'm sure Aussie Bard would probably handle a real life situation like this differently than his characters did. But even if he didn't that's still his right and choice.

For those of you twits that attack this author, and others, on a personal level, crawl back into your hole and give the rest of the world a break. Sorry to get off on a rant here, but it pisses me off to have these jerks attack the people writing the stories that the jerks just have to read. Good job Aussie, well written, good flow and well thought out. Keep it up. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Good!!!!!

This was a well writen book oops I mean story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
well written

while I don't agree with the actions of the husband I have to say it was a well written story. I find it funny that after the parents reactions in chapter 2 they are more unforgiving than the husband. I find their reactions in chapter 3 to be more believable. Finally the wife realizes how her actions felt to her husband. I am wondering when they are going to have the threesome with Mary? Good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
your

your very simple as are your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Hmmm

Well written story, BUT a bad ending. Why did he take the bitch back? For the sake of kids - what a joke.

Her - she had her own will, she was just a cheap looser - blame Silvia. She was just sorry being caut in the act so to say. No my friends: "once a cheater always a cheater", and she will take every chance to cheat om him when she is feeling "the pussy itch" coming over her. Again, again and again.

I feel sorry for this poor Jack!

says Olaf

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Complete BS

Real World, Real Man ... you don't have a clue about either! Aussie Puss is more appropriate don't you think? No man and I mean NO MAN would ever take back a bitch like this! You are a piece of work!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
The chapters don't match

It's like reading a different story. Like the ending was done by a different author in one of those alternative ending stories. The characters were pretty much overhauled in the last chapter and nothing like the first two.

I'd have to say that this was 'forced' into a good ending and doesn't really flow with the rest of the story at all.

grogers7grogers7almost 14 years ago
My second reading

This one of the best of the cheating, loving wives stories here. It is an imperfect fantasy, but real life is imperfect. To forgive is a diffult process, just as long term romantic love is one of life's challenges. To forget is impossible, just as it is to stop loving a woman you have built a life with. That's why it is so damn hard. My personal experience is that the cheater is seldom so remorseful and truthfull with themselves that contrition and reconciliation are possible. But... this is fantasy! The characters are allowed to live happily ever after.

jiminabjiminabalmost 14 years ago
Liked it but

I cannot stand the ignorant comments from anon assholes like anon 02/15/10. I don't know how you authors get past crap like that but I am pleased that you do. If you didn't this would be a very bare site. So puff up that skin and keep writing because I want to read more. Thank you Bard and all the others like you. I am grateful for all your efforts. Jim

MasterCatharsisMasterCatharsisalmost 14 years ago
Wimp accusers

One thing I've noticed in feedback in this genre is there are a lot of guys who seem to read these stories like they're stay-at-home women watching a soap opera and forget they're reading fiction. The characters become real to them and they begin to take sides and finally when the story ends they are either happy or sad, based upon the outcome. Most of these raters I've found post their critiques anonymously and go off on a "wimp" tangent. I've come to believe that those who do are first of all cowards for posting anonymously, and further they probably fall into one of several categories. (1) Woman haters (2) guys who've never been married and believe a marriage is the same as going steady (3) simple macho jerks (4) one, or more, or all of the above.

Aussie: I enjoyed your story. The fact you hooked the detractors into your story so much shows your success in storytelling.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
anon

i have to laugh at all the writers mad about an anonymous post. you are just as anonymous whether you used mastercatharsis or anonymous, i know just as much about you as either. im pretty sure your real name isnt mastercatharsis so why not use your real name rather than stay hidden??

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Happy ending

In reality, the level of betrayal would have made a reconciliation all but impossible. There again, the scenario of the betrayal is the stuff of fiction anyway, so why shouldn't this great story have a happy ending?

norcal62norcal62over 13 years ago
Quality of writing.

Added comment: What was all the family history about as an insert in the middle of the story? It wasn't relevant to the story; it distracted from the telling and seemed to just be filler.

devildog26devildog26over 13 years ago
Consolidated Comment

Enjoyed the story. Read it twice. The woman at the start of the story is not the same character in the final chapter. I liked this woman better than the first.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
The writing is fine, but the premise is unbelievable.

The wife conspired with another, drugged her husband, humiliated him with her set-up affair, brought him to the brink of suicide, had decided to have a few more rounds with her lover despite her husband's agony, then expresses remorse after the plot is discovered. How could the husband ever feel safe in her presence, let alone let her back into a marriage? What the wife and her friend did is not only unforgivable and totally reprehensible, but criminal as well. No man I know would be foolish enough to reconcile with this woman.

bigguy323bigguy323over 13 years ago
No man with any pride would ever allow that cunt back into his life. NEVER

So, he's obviously a wimpy weak sister without any manly pride. Terrible, just terrible.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

One of the worst stories I have ever read on this site. Awful.

jasonnhjasonnhover 13 years ago
Megan is a monster

This story does an excellent job developing the circumstances of Megan's betrayal but then totally ignores what happened to reach a RAAC. Megan's cheating is a trivial thing compared to the methods she used to carry it out. Consider if Megan decided to simply jump into bed with Steve to try him out. They could have met in a hotel for an afternoon. Steve would have had no reason to think of Jack as a wimp for giving his permission because Jack wouldn't have even known about it. They wouldn't have been screwing in Jack's house, in Jack's bed, while Jack was there. The sex act itself was designed to be very humiliating. That was unnecessary to Megan's plan, she had already gotten to screw Steve. So why the humiliation? Because she was an uncaring monster. She knew Jack was already very upset and didn't care that she was causing a lot more pain. <br><br>

And let's look at that pain. As other's have pointed out, Megan had to attack Jack as a moral, good person for her plan to succeed. She had to cause him enough pain and guilt for him to acquiesce to her screwing Steve. This wasn't collateral damage, this was the key part of the plan. So when Megan tries to let Steve know that she "understands his pain" now because Steve was out on a date and Megan was upset it is total BS! Megan says "I didn't know you would be in such pain. I guess I didn't think it through.". This is blatantly self serving. The pain was necessary and expected. Megan had to make Jack think he was a moral failure and she succeeded. He was cast out of his house and was tormented, drinking heavily, thinking of suicide, unable to work, and feeling hugely guilty. This was the successful outcome of Megan's plan so when she says she didn't know, that is a lie! She had to know. She didn't care. What kind of monster would torment anyone this way, especially someone who she "loves" and is "more important to her than anyone else in the world."? Thank God she loved him otherwise she probably would have pushed him into a wood chipper to get him out of the way. <br><br>

Megan has to be seriously fucked up to be able to behave this way. This kind of behavior is not something that is going to be fixed just because she's "sorry". In fact I would say that someone behaving this badly, with such total lack of concern, could never be fixed at all. All this is what makes the reconciliation so unbelievable. The story creates too vivid a picture of the monster that Megan is while she carries out her plan. Then at the end we are expected to set all that aside to accept a RAAC. That completely devalues and undermines the story that had been told until that point. That's too bad because it had been creative and told with good passion until that point.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Good but...

I think most of the commenters have outlined the problems with this story quite well. It was a wonderful tale after the first part. You made the characters appear to love each other. Unfortunately you made the wife into someone both evil and unloving in the first part and then tried do undo what she had done with the rest of the story. Why do Authors go to such horrible extremes in describing the cheating at the first of the story? It would make more sense if you want them to reconcile to ease up in the first part by describing the reluctance of the wife to really do anything that would destroy her husband. Like: Why in the marital bed? Why with him present to hear? How could she drug him if she loved him? Why not more empathy for his innocence and then his obvious pain before and during her deceitful plan? Why does she intend to continue if she loves her destroyed and innocent husband? How could you possibly believe that you could convince the readers that she really loved him before, during or after what she planned and carried out in the manner she did it. A little "less" cruelty from her at first would have been a lot "more" in making this a beautifully written piece... Still good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Yeah

I sort of agree with Jason. It was an entertaining epic. but she was so manipulative in her deception, I find it hard to believe her sincerity in getting back together. She simply wanted her pleasure and was willing to do anything to get it. Cold day in hell before I would ever learn to love and trust her. Infidelity kills love. It's not oh no matter how bad she hurt me, I just cannot help loving her. It's a pretty thin line between love and hate...

RePhilRePhilover 13 years ago
A more forgiving man than I could be

Is Jack a better man than me because he had the cahonas to forgive. I would have to say yes

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Megan

I found the concept of the story very interresting. The story seemed to mirror life. The basics of the story have a ring of truth and lies that people often do to each other. I liked the fact that Jack and Megan found some common ground and that it would be a continuing effort to make things work, not the fairy tale ending that you often find. Some of the comments sound as if they were expecting some great work of fiction instead of just reading it for enjoyment - Sorry but you seemed to have missed out on a great deal.

norcal62norcal62over 13 years ago
So many holes, so little time to fill them.

I guess I read with a more critical eye than some. I surely dont' want to rewrite the story. It's got too many gaps in the telling for me to understand. The basic plot is adequate, but how in the heck did the author keep track for himself of the action. I had a hard time figuring who was doing what to whom, when. Others have commented on the character inconsistencies. 'Nough said.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Aussie "Cuck"

Nice "Wimp" story where the husband loses his balls and never finds them again until he discovers his "whore" wife has them. FU!

BigJohn601BigJohn601about 13 years ago
Should have titled this story: Now it's my turn to suck the spuck from my slut wife's twat..

Shame, shame, shame.....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Wow, what a glutton for punishment

Wife and her friend set him up to think he DESERVES to have her cheat on him, to feel like shit. Couldn't just sneak around on him, no, make it HIS fault.

He finds out about this -- talk about an ABUSIVE relationship -- and later says "Sure, beat me some more. . . "

I can believe in some sorts of forgiveness, "oops, honey, got drunk and got carried away," but this sort of deliberate sociopathic abuse is quite another matter. And no, it's not about "macho," it's about the underpinning of the relationship.

If this admittedly-fictional character had been my friend, I'd have told him to jump off a bridge, it would be less painful than re-establishing rapport with a worthless, self-centered narcissist like his wife.

And given how he acts when he find out, I found the reconciliation contrived, sorry.

robinhodrobinhodabout 13 years ago
A powerful story...

Some stories have no comments whatsoever. This one has more words about it than in it. This shows how it works. It would be pointless me repeating, or even expanding on, the previous comments. If you've enjoyed the story, or even hated it but got to the end, you should read them all. Aussie Bard has set them going and it's run for years. Well done indeed!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago

The only thing this chapter has in common with the first one are the names. The emotional build up caused by the horrifying circumstances in the first chapter suddenly doing a 180 as if the thing that started this whole mess never happened is what makes this a bad story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
What an incredibly stupid pathetic garbage ending.

While first chapter was good, second chapter less so (clearly indicated Jack was to become a cuckolded wimp), this final chapter beats everything. Author should hang her head in shame. Probably why not writing anymore.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Unfortunately, this husband joins the famous "wimp ass" club [must be shoe-no-IQ wimp club]

In all seriousness, this poor sap would have been better off starting fresh instead of taking this slut back in. Looking at the timeline, he & the kids would have been much happier if he had the balls to cut the slut off and start over. To the bad the sucker, is going to get cheated on again, because "once a cheater, always & continuously a cheater". The inconvenient sluts can't help themselves as is their deranged behavior pattern. This stinking slut can't wait to find some excuse to cheat on the wimp again & again - frankly, he deserves it in the long run for taking the skank back again. Hmm, reminds us that wimp shoe-no-IQ and this whore.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
GREAT STORY

SURE SHE SCREWED UP BIG TIME, HE FORGAVE HERE AND MADE IT WORK. LUCKY FOR THEM.. TO BAD FOR ALL YOU WOMEN HATERS, JUST BECAUSE WE ARE HUMAN ANIMALS AND WE ARE FAR FROM PERFECT. I DONT SEE WHY MEN ALWAYS THINK THE WOMEN ARE WHORES.. IF YOU THINK ABOUT MOST MUSLIMS PUT A WOMEN DOWN WHERE THEY HAVE NO RIGHTS AND THERE PET DOGS HAVE MORE.. WE STILL HAVE MEN THAT THINK THAT WAY HERE IN THE USA. MOST POWERFUL MEN SEEM TO CHEAT ON THERE WIFES..

VickieTernVickieTernalmost 13 years ago
Nicely thought through

Except for the initiating incident. The wife took on strange cock for a fairly cliche reason -- but on the other hand, their mutual recovery of trust and affection had some original and authentic feeling moments. Obviously the latter interested you much more than even the "revenge" with Mary. Thanks for making them available to us.

Incidentally, about "I wasn't a virgin when I met Jack but my experience was limited to two other guys both of whom had less experience than me." That isn't possible, logically or in any other way. Though I do understand, you were motive-hunting so you could set your plot in motion as if in some way understandable if not justified..

FD45FD45almost 13 years ago
Better as redemption then as cheating

A well crafted story. The plot...would real people do that? I can't imagine doing that to my wife.

That they did this shows a contempt that belies their words. It is not that people WOULDN'T do this to one another. It is that a bedrock of love would be underneath is. That is the unrealistic part of the scenario.

Still, a four

roscovichroscovichalmost 13 years ago
I agree with most of the comments.

An average wimp story.

But one important question-- who is "shoe-no-IQ" ? Can someone enlighten me ?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous