All Comments on 'True and Eternal Pt. 03'

by DoctorWyldcard

Sort by:
  • 100 Comments
EffectEffectover 18 years ago
Wow great ending

I must say that I actually teared up reading this this. Great ending. It's been a while since a story has touched me the way this one has. One of the best and one of my favorites.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
You pulled out all of the stops on this

What a great story from beginning to end. But I've got to tell you, you rang my chimes with the ending. My wife died of Ovarian cancer almost 10 years ago and I can feel his pain. Anyway Thank You! Ronnie W.

Paniolo BoyPaniolo Boyover 18 years ago
Touching ending....

A brilliant ending to a great story. Looking forward to the next series!

Nightowl22Nightowl22over 18 years ago
Really great...

A very heartfelt, touching ending. It caused tears to fall. I must be old to become so maudlin. Loved this ending. This could be a story unto itself, really.

Thanks for writing this.

capecodmercurycapecodmercuryover 18 years ago
Wow

Great Story from beginning to end. The love that the whole family felt for each other was very evident. The pain and sorrow felt by each of the wive's death was also well written. A most unusual love story. Thanks for a good read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
beautiful

A truly beautiful story.

Very nicely done.

Longhorn__07Longhorn__07over 18 years ago
Excellent

Beautiful, heart warming story. Some things do transcend time and death and it's nice to be reminded of them from time to time. Kudos Doc!

the Troubadorthe Troubadorover 18 years ago
Wonderful

I can't think of a thing to say that would better this story. It's original, brings out the emotions all the way along. It is unblushingly romantic, which suits this old romantic completely.

Doug

the Troubadorthe Troubadorover 18 years ago
Wonderful

I can't think of a thing to say that would better this story. It's original, brings out the emotions all the way along. It is unblushingly romantic, which suits this old romantic completely.

Doug

the Troubadorthe Troubadorover 18 years ago
Wonderful

I can't think of a thing to say that would better this story. It's original, brings out the emotions all the way along. It is unblushingly romantic, which suits this old romantic completely.

Doug

Xman72357Xman72357over 18 years ago
Fantastic Story

You did a great job writing it and it was very original idea. I hope you continue writing stories like this for a very long time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
One of the best

The story was great from start to finish. The writing was excellent and I look forward to more from you.

Landrious1Landrious1over 18 years ago
Fantastic and imaginative story!

This is the epitome of a grandly executed idea. the characters are all believable and I loved the ending. The deserved rest and reward for the good life lived is a seldom told story on this site lately. Well done and perfectly executed. my thanks for your effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
boundary breaking

i thought ath this was amazing, i was thinking that after the second part that things wold fall apart, but if dnt right as you have it, it works in the end. lovely story.

i wish that you would go through and do other stories with these characters.. and bring up the orginal 3 from time to time. keep writing these, please.

--a. lynne

rgraham666rgraham666over 18 years ago
So nice…

to see a story all the way through to the end.

Nicely done.

wbbgme01wbbgme01over 18 years ago
Outstanding

A very touching and loving story. It brought tears to my eyes. Very well done.

ShoogShoogabout 18 years ago
Wow

That was one of the best stories I have read. Even though I am a guy and I hardly ever cry unless I am in alot of pain, I cried like a baby...lol Really great story. Keep up the good work and maybe you could write an alternate ending to this story. One with a happy ending that doesn't make you cry...lol

barker1216barker1216about 18 years ago
Thanx

hope you have some more in you

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Dammit man!

I'm a 55 yr. old factory worker. I'm not supposed to be boo-hooing over some story on the internet. I really enjoyed that it was truly a 'Loving Wives' story. It wasn't built on deceit and betrayal, although those elements were initially present, and it wasn't driven by pain or revenge. Yet, even without these emotional triggers so common to this genre, I unexpectedly find myself deeply moved by your story. Reading your works chronologically, it seems to me that you are getting better each time out. PLEASE continue to share your talent here. I'll just have to go buy myself a hankie.

toesmantoesmanover 17 years ago
FANTASTIC, great plot, great character development

I truly almost missed this story, read your most recent submission, really liked it, so I went to your other stories, saved this series for last; and you BLEW ME AWAY! Without a doubt, one of the best stories on this or any other site, that I believe I've ever read, especially from an "amateur" author {which, BTW, you definitely are not). The story line was very well done, believable characters, very nice plot development; and the ending was all and more than I could have wished for. The ending expresses my belief in the afterlike to a "T", and like others who have commented, it moved me to tears. I really want you to write more, your work is outstanding, you should consider "romance" writing for publicatoin in mainline publishers. Great, great work, & I truly hope you are motivated to write again. BTW, your most recent, Beyond Repair, is also very good, although a bit truncated. I'd like to see a sequel, where maybe the wife realizes, but too late, just what she gave up.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Wow

All I can say is unbelievable. That might be the most amazing story I've ever read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
How did I miss this?

Sitting here with tears rolling down my cheeks. How have I not read this before. FANTASTIC story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
The very best...

The best story I have ever read on this site AND the first time I submitted a comment. I am a male who does not cry too often but I really teared up for this story. PLEASE, PLEASE keep writing. It would truly be a great loss if you don't continue.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
great series

excellent. truly enjoyed it. Kudos!

bruce22bruce22over 16 years ago
Thanks

for a very fine read. Now let me dry my

eyes... You know I felt sorry for

Tom! He really screwed up because of his insecurity.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Reads even better the 2nd time around

I had read this series when it was posted and stumbled upon it again. Wow. Good work, DWC.

BigFtHunterBigFtHunterabout 16 years ago
Fantastic

Why the hell dont you write more? Looking forward to anything new from you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
The story made me smile.

Once I started reading it, I couldn't stop. It was a great story and I wish you would write more. It made me sad and happy. I love everything about the story, esp. the ending. Waiting for your future works of art! Keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
WOW!

now that is one outstanding last chapter. the best. you got me crying, dang it!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
simply beautiful

Thank You!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
2nd time

reading this story and it still makes tear up. best last chapter i've ever read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
what a way to conclude a story

thank you for sharing.

sweetsue1sweetsue1about 15 years ago
i can't...

...see the comments for the tears rolling down my cheeks. That last scene was BEAUTIFUL...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
THE Best!

WOW!

JackWoodyJackWoodyalmost 15 years ago
Absolutely

BEAUTIFUL!!

This is why I read at Literotica.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Damn....

I am a grizzly old codger. Your story made ME cry. I don't mist up over a story, what just happened to me. You have talent and you have such potential, and if you bio is accurate you are still so young. Thank you very much for the story. anon jerry

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
True and Eternal

best I have read on lit. and I read a lot

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
I think....

that you need to check yourself into a mental asylum. You seiouly need help. This is what you call a story?

akbyrakbyrover 13 years ago
The Best ....................!

No Words to express the emotions i felt while reading your work. It is a wonderful story with wonderful beginning in the end, hope could find such relationships in real world(not refering to polygamy but the feelings of love, trust, and companionship). Expecting more of this kind of masterpiece from you ...............Thax for your contribution.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
SPEECHLESS....

THIS STORY WAS.. INCREDIBLE!!! I MEAN I FELT EVERY EMOTION IN THE BOOK.. HAPPY SAD MAD GUILTY... I MEAN THIS STORY IS LIKE ARTWORK!!! AND YOU FIT IT ALL IN 3 CHAPTERS!!!!! I THINK I OFFICIALLY LOVE YOU!! LOL! THIS PEICE WAS AMAZING!!! A TRUE 5/5!! YOU SHOULD WRITE MORE!!! THANKZ FOR AN AWESOME READ!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Wow I cried

And I'm a guy that never cries. That should tell you how moved I was.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Brilliant

Absolutely loved it

THANKS

akbyrakbyrover 13 years ago
a Wonderful piece of work

A timeless storyline with balanced emotions and feelings......the best ending with a wonderful beginning. Even after all these years the story still touches emotional side............!

BigJohn601BigJohn601about 13 years ago
Well, this story just about had everything...

Really enjoyed your story and hope there will be more in the future.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
An old romantic

WOW! what can I say.Even at my age (Not young) tears can still come to the eyes.It had everything a story can have.Sex Romance.A little violence...... Once again...WOW!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
One of the best....

Great series! Thank You. Please continue to write.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Best Ending!

brought some tear to my eyes. didnt know i was allergic. lol. Awesome story. Thanks!

RonRWoodRonRWoodover 12 years ago
Everything they said

and more. The best ever...

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Wet eyes

I'm male, 65, and hetro. This yarn gave me wet eyes more than once. Good stuff and many thanks.

It would be nice to think that the spirit lives on, one never knows.

shangoshangoover 12 years ago
I hate you, Doc!

A 53 year-old, Retired Chief-of-Firing Battery has no reason to cry over an Internet short story. May the fleas of a 100 ferrets infest your scalp! :)

Damn good read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Speechless

Choked up and tears streaming.

Thank you!

cantbuymycantbuymyalmost 12 years ago
wish you were still writing here

gave u a 5 - most excellent.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Great story

I agree with those before me. Very touching story and well written. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Extraordinary

I have read this darn thing a dozen times or more, I suppose, and every time - every single, blasted time - I finish it with tears in my eyes. Me, a grown man, woosing out like that.

Beyond all that... Thanks. I don't know what else to say. Just thank you.

DelicoseDelicoseover 11 years ago
Wow!

Got tears in my eyes, too! Damn it all!

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
ETERNITY CATCHES UP WITH US ALL

when its our time, lets hope and pray we have someplace to go and someone to see and is waiting for us. TK U MLJ LV NV

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
#2 YOUR WROTE 5 IN 05....1 IN 06 & 07 AND THEN STOPPED

I read your blog about lack of time to write, I hope you are ok and thinking about more submissions. Respectfully TK U MLJ LV NV

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 11 years ago
Yeah well you suck - heh

Making adult - strong - men weep - shit -

The whole story is good - some ups and downs and some editing would help BUT what a roller coaster -

The ending is just so visual, so penetrating, so affecting - I am worn out

If only any of that ending is possible it might make all of the rest of the universe worth dealing with - most of us will not have an Andy or Amanda waiting but maybe we will have someone to care about us or for us to care about if we are lucky -

Thanks - come back write more -

carvohicarvohiabout 11 years ago
Oh Come On!

You like making grown men cry? I really liked Alex and the sisters. Just wish you'd rewrite the end, make it a lot longer. The sisters died too quickly. I would have liked more meat there, and the deathbed scene should be lengthened and reworked. I would have liked a little hugging, kissing, and welcoming there at the end. Of course this was a five; that's the most the web site allows.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Incredible

I'm sitting here, tears streaming down my face, not just because it's gloriously happy, but it's about the kind of father I wanted to be but never was.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
I still feel a little sorry for the Aho first hubby

Hell of a thing to be so trapped by the ugly side of our culture and his own cowardice and insecurity. Literally, a loser.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Tears

Positively, absolutely beautiful series... I'm crying-wishing I could fing even half a love like that.

xtchrxtchrover 10 years ago
Simply Fantastic!

I have not written many comments to many stories BUT after reading this story, I have to say it is one of the most beautiful stories that I have ever read (in all of literature). I wanted the story to keep going on and on. You should be very proud of what you accomplished with this story. Thank You for your writing!

pumpop201pumpop201almost 10 years ago
Simply wonderful

This may be the best story that I've read on this site. You had me crying like a little girl.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

A wonderful story, full of feeling and a real tear jerker. Keep up the good work, thankyou

bibble36bibble36over 9 years ago
WoW

Just read all 3 chapters, and when I got to the end I cried like a child. Very well written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
How do i love thee (e.b.b) 1806-1861

writing a Love story this transcendent should be illegal , i voted this series 5 stars , but that just does not do it justice ,

with a story like this there is no base line ,

nowhere you can go for comparrison,

No , thats not true , there is Literature that this in my opinion fits comfortably on the same shelf as , We call them Classics , you will find them in bookshops & you will find them in Librarys . i know this is only a very short story , but one can tell from all the praise expressed in the comments , that its so very easy to fill in the Beauty & Love & the joy experienced by this very unique & very special family during the years not covered by the Author .

i read this for the 1st time on my tablet/palm during lunch.

my colleagues thought i had received some tragic news.

i guess that will happen when someone starts whispering, ogod ogod ogod, is clearly in distress & has streams of tears rolling down thier face.

you Bastard , you utter Bastard ,

why did she have to die so soon ? . only 41 you fcker ,

the youngest children are just babes, not even in high school.

could you have not let Andy reach 50 ?

have let them enjoy another decade ?

would that have ruined the story ?

would letting the family grow up in bliss together

for just a few more years have buggered the plot ?

Andy die @ 50 , Amanda @ 75 , Alex @ 96 ish ,

would that really have been so bad ?.

would it have detracted in anyway from what you wanted to achieve ?

omg ,

How do i love thee? Let me count the ways ...............

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
WELL DONE

You have done what only three other stories have done while reading them. 1-OLD YELLER, 2- WHERE THE RED FERN GROWS, and TO THE FAR BLUE MOUNTIANS made tears run before I finished. VERY WELL DONE to put an ending on a good story..

Thank You.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

I know that this is only a work of fiction, but your presentation almost makes it read like fact. So much so that this 'oldun was brought to tears. Thankyou.

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceabout 9 years ago
Damn... I feel like I'm cheating you by holding the tears back...

Maybe when in a more appropriate place I'll re-read this...

Kind of reminds me of the TV show "The Medium"... not in the show itself but rather in that in the ending of the show, after all its seasons, the last episode basically went through the whole life she'd have had AFTER the show ended.

Snapshot answers to the big questions of "What next?"

I enjoyed these stories - just sorry to see them end.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Sachharine

Sickly.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
heart filling

Of all the stories I have read and re-read on literotica this is one of only 2 or3 that brought me to tears. Bravo! Keep writing.

brutus62brutus62over 8 years ago
wow

whole story is simply beautiful, had a tear or two at the end

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketabout 8 years ago
Excellent

Of the stories this author has posted on this site, this one is the best and most entertaining. It has bee nine years since this author posted a story on Lit. Like many good and excellent authors who just disappear without a trace so has this one.

fiik_gremlinfiik_gremlinalmost 8 years ago
thank you

you made an old guy cry, with happiness and love ... just thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Brilliant.

Just like gremlin, you made an old guy get emotional. Brilliant story. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Wonderful story

Beautiful series. I swear someone must have been chopping onions near by cause my eyes were watering

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Romance readers

Are very generous with their scoring

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
No Way!

I'd of left my wife at the first mention of what she and her sister wanted me to do. It's cheating no matter how you try to disguise it.

Dream_WalkerDream_Walkerover 6 years ago
Brilliant

A beautiful trilogy that had me in tears at the end beautiful example of polyamory relationships

Owen4230Owen4230over 6 years ago
Tear jerker

Very good story. It works as a short story and I only hope that you will write similar stories in the future. Those onions must be permeating the story as I was hardly able to read the end through the tears. Good work please keep it up and keep to the same quality. Well done you did good.

Joeyiluv69Joeyiluv69about 6 years ago
Ive read all your stories

And this is my favorite. Please continue writing. It has been a breath of fresh air reading your stories

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
loved it

Enjoyed it, good thing the security lock in my server room is on, going to a while before I want to see anyone.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Well, good thing this wasn't on paper, or else it'd be too wet to read. Heart-wrenching and wonderfully written.

cybojicybojialmost 5 years ago
Uncool

To make an old man cry. Fantasic story. 11

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Damn it!

I'm a 55 year old ex army,semi-macho SOB, and you made me tear up. 5 stars aren't enough. Thank you.

Bh76Bh76over 3 years ago

2nd read. 2nd time crying. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

The way to go well detailed addictive had to finish

kamdev99008kamdev99008over 2 years ago

Great... Heart touching

* * * * *

add more stars if you can

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Well, I hope you are proud of yourself! You brought me to tears.

Great writing.

Frank

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Ten out of five, I wish everyone on here could write half as well as you do, I’m 68 and you reduced me to tears.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I lost my wife three months ago, after 51 years of love, and this story has impacted me like no other. I cried, I sobbed, I longed for what was lost, but I know that we will be together again--we MUST! Wonderful story, which keeps on inspiring! Bravo!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Lovely. Missed Andi + Amanda together with the MC.

rlrmiller1951rlrmiller1951about 1 year ago

tears and all, I love this story, One of the very best I've read,

AllNigherAllNigher11 months ago

Great ending to a disfunctional middle. Enjoyed this one immensely though it is tainted by the middle and end of the first chapter.

MwestohioMwestohio8 months ago

Great story with a delightfully touching ending

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman4 months ago

Just a great 3 part story, great characters, even Thomas. Sort of wished you could have avoided the gay kids, just leave that "stuff" out. Someone is always "pushing" the lbgt stuff on our society. I have nothing against L,G or in betweens. I just don't need to see and hear it every day.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Its a shame that the time periods jump so much. it would have been nice to have filled them out better. Nice ending though.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I agree. I would like to know more of the deaths, the first one being an after thought and as said by many, sections that could have been bulked out. Very good ending.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories