All Comments on 'Revelation'

by ABSTRUSE

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
cloudycloudyover 18 years ago
I've told you for months....

...that you are stronger than you realize. I loved this, babe - you know I understand those feelings very well. Very insightful piece. :kiss:

saw_man1saw_man1over 18 years ago
Scars and Regrets

I know.

Sometimes it seems that is all we carry forward from our childhood. The scars never seem to go away; I try to ignore mine.

The older I get the more the regrets seem to fade in my rear view mirror.

You poured your heart out; that was a very brave and noble thing.

Look in your rear view mirror. Can’t you see them getting smaller already?

sophia janesophia janeover 18 years ago
~

It takes alot of courage to write a piece like this, Abs. It takes even more courage to face the demons and deal with them, to accept who and what you are. I am thrilled for you that you have started on this journey. I face my own demons everyday, and you have inspired me to, maybe, stand up to them a little bit more. Thanks for sharing this with us.

impressiveimpressiveover 18 years ago
Kudos, skank!

You get big points for simply having the balls *snarf* to walk down the street naked. I couldn't do it.

Rock on, sistah!

~ Imp

shlockshlockover 18 years ago
ouch. I'm sorry.

I have been that father, and that child, so... ouch. Truth can hurt but it is the only key and you know where the locked door leads, maybe. I found it. I cannot offer an opinion or "rating" (although your essay was well written) as I've been too close to those demons and ignored angels, and the sting is fresh... just a double handful of years. On behalf of all us fathers and mothers who breed tender children, I am sorry for fears that should never find a new home in another generation of future big people.

mismusedmismusedover 18 years ago
Si magnifique!

What a beautiful job, and a beacon to all those who so often bemoan their own state. You've lit up the path for them to follow for their own "revelation."

:. . . I chose to listen to the demons."

We always do, for the demons are usually us, and oddly, they were really our friends, and think they still are. They tried to protect you/us at the time. But as you noted so marvelously, there are the "angels" in there too. It is us who choose between the two each time, but don't realize that the time of some of them is up.

You have a very beautiful mind, girl.

XOXOXOXOXO

mismused

Honey123Honey123over 18 years ago
{{Hugs}}

You are intelligent and beautiful and someone I am very, very proud to know.

~Honey

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Great Piece

What it all boils down to is simply this; Personal responsibility!

Despite the sins of ommission and commission that were heaped upon us in our youth, until you realize that you are resonsible for thoughts, deeds, and actions as an adult you will wear the mantle of "victum." Simply said as a victum you are never responsible for anything you think or do. You realize it and kudos for saying it, hope it all works out. Ronnie W.

SamanthaSmithSamanthaSmithover 18 years ago
Dealing With Reality - A GOOD READ

Life deals each of us a different hand of reality cards with which to play. To some life is full of opportunity and expectations to succeed without failure and effort; while others endure birth in an environment of defeatism and the grip of others pulling them down into their pits of failure. Those who have strenth of character reprogram their minds and hearts denying the will of others to be imposed upon themselves...I am talking about a few special people with a special purpose in life...not letting go until life reveals itself and peace prevails within. A GOOD READ

rikaaimrikaaimabout 18 years ago
Mirrored

Everytime I read something from you, I feel as if i wrote it, as if I am looking into a mirror. When I feel like I'm the only one who suffers from the same problems, I know I'm not alone, but seeing it from someone else, and knowing that they are indeed overcoming, inspires me with hope, and also allows me to see a bar for how far I've come myself. Though age may seperate many, life binds us all. Any person, no matter what, can suffer from traumas and problems. They blindside us all. We can never be prepared. Yet, at the same time, comfort can be taken knowing that we can overcome. Thank you for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Thank you for finding me

You have such a powerful voice and you’re definitely "one of us''. The victims that refuse to remain in the victim role and become survivors and explorers of the higher meaning and purpose in life.It's difficult to forgive someone the abuse when they deny it and refuse to take any responsibility.

We don't give our Inner Child near the credit due to them and as women... (sigh) Whatever the abuse, the slight, and the neglect shown... we survived it. That is an amazing accomplishment for a child - To have come through in spite of those around us and their failings and shortfalls. It never fails to bring me to tears, each and every time I think of how rough I was on that little girl. Never giving her credit or believing in her strength.The greatest gift to our children, both inner and actual... is the realization that we did the best we could with what we had and that we were... we are...amazing.

You put into words many of the thoughts and emotions that I have experienced over the years and never had the words to express that inner turmoil. Early on, instead of giving credit and thanks to that little girl... we continue the abuse... the neglect... the harsh criticism.We turn the corner in our lives with that first hug given... to ourselves. To forgive ourselves for not extending her more credit.For not realizing her strength... her intellect... her creativity... her determination… her beauty.

We are the product of ALL the events in our life... and once we embrace that little girl and all of her accomplishments as well as her weaknesses....then and only then do we truly find the joy in life... and get back to our purpose in life... Growing into the women that we are meant to be... what a fabulous experience.

Thanking your writer's soul just doesn't seem adequate. You stir my creativity. Your light travels warmly and quickly. You got it all right… it finishes strong and true: the power in asking for help. The awakening of knowing... it wasn't about me... it was about them. It's not my shit... and I don't have to carry it around anymore.

"I am." I love it. It made me ache... and smile knowingly... and cry and be hopeful!Do you have any idea how truly Fabulous you are? No, really.Do you have ANY idea how amazingly incredible you are? Chew on that for a moment….

Here is to Love, Blessings, Togetherness and gentle times.

Aurora BlackAurora Blackabout 18 years ago
Wow!

Wonderful, wonderful piece. It spoke to me on so many levels, and I was moved to tears. As impossible as it sounds, I like you even more now that I've read this. Brava!

echoes_sechoes_sabout 18 years ago
you are inspiration

I felt shivers traversing as I read Revelation Abs. Thank you, as you give hope, show strength in spirit and keenness of mind, yet greatness of heart and determination.

Your words tell us we too can do it for you touch us with honesty, you tease us with hope, shining a softened glow down darkened paths and shout above the din of all these demons we do face.

And you talk gently and quietly to every hurt and damaged child out there, strengthening their hold on dreams and giving them determination, strength and faith to hold on, belief it can be done and will be done.

...a very simple and quiet, yet heartfilled thank you and hug for stepping out and smiling.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
~

Damn, honey, those are some powerful words.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

I'm glad you've come to terms about yourself and regained your confidence in yourself! I hope you've overcome your depression, and although I don't know close to nothing about you, I feel that you're 1000x the parent to your child/ren that your father ever was for you. Hope your not offended or anything with what I said.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

Beautiful prose

Sadness overcame me today, for hours

This helped a lot

Fathers missing arms, bend endlessly

-JD

micmaddymicmaddyover 11 years ago
Thank you

Thank you for sharing such a painfully raw view of your world. You turned something so ugly into something so beautiful, as I'm sure you have done with your life.

DarkAurther6969DarkAurther6969about 1 year ago

I Truly Enjoy the Metaphors but the Rest Needs a Shit Load Work as I Lost My Interest just after the First or Second Paragraph Tops after the Metaphors

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous