All Comments on 'On Death'

by HLD

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
powerful

amazing

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
So True

This is a question anyone who has faced grief has asked God at one time. Life is short, and death does not discriminate. The only thing I've come to realize through the years is to really live in the moment, appreciate the ones you love everyday, and do not wait to live out your dreams because time is not on our side. Thank you for a solid story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
The 2nd year is the worst.

We lost our son at age 24. He became ill and on Good Friday he was taken by some friends to a Kaiser clinic, where they told him he had the flu and told him to take Tylenol. On Easter morning they took him to the ER at a Kaiser hospital and again they said he had the flu and antibiotics would do no good. He was sent home. On Wednesday the was found dead in bed. He was diagnosed as having died of bronchial pneumonia, which could have been cured by antibiotics. And no one cared.

We were hurt and shocked the first year, but the worst pain set in the 2nd year.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Amen

Amen.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
True

To love is to live. It comes with being born, and it is the greatest gift of all. Share it, don't hide it. The other gift is pain, I'm not sure what use it fills, someone wrote that we are here to wash away those dark spots on our soul, maybe that's it. Pain and love combined.

Cheers

Yoron.

JackWoodyJackWoodyalmost 15 years ago
How True!!

Good outlook on the SHIT that happens. An unusual story to be "published" here at Literotica.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Amen

So be it. Wilhelm & friends

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Timely...

I lost my mom almost a year ago, and it was a bad morning today. I think it's the first time in months that I actually missed HER. I'd like to think that I was guided to finding this story. Thank you for sharing this!

L.

BigJohn601BigJohn601over 13 years ago
This story spoke to my soul.....

I lost my only son just short of his 30th birthday and it ripped my heart from my chest. Of course, my wife and I were fortunate to have the many wonderful memories that can never be taken from us. Each time I look into the eyes of my 4 granddaughters I know that he is immortal, for each generation will carry us into the future.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Thankyou.

Thankyou.I have just lost someone very dear to me.This helped me realise how much I had gained, not how much I had lost.

mapili50mapili50over 10 years ago
Thank you

You have no idea how much I needed to read this story. I'm still struggling emotionally, but your story was beautiful and perhaps one day I can mak sense of everything.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 10 years ago
A Gift

God works in mysterious ways. The way he saved me with life-giving kidney-pancreas transplant to the way he took the love in my heart by what I discovered. You never know or understand but you still believe. God has His reasons. I just wish I knew.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
I wish I had read this six years ago

Our son died six years ago - he was 24 and we thought our lives had ended. Six years on we still grieve, though not as sadly not as often. Everything you say in your story we have felt; everything you gave an explanation for we have finally come to understand. And we wouldn't give back a second of our time with our boy.

racfguyracfguyabout 8 years ago
Ironic

As I read this, it is one year to the day that my beloved Mother died. Although I only had her for my 66 years, she was with my Dad for 72 years - married to him for 71 years and had a very full life, being 18 days short of her 94th birthday. Thanks for a moving story.

RacfGuy

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
So true

Unusual for this site but if you’ve lost someone close to you - this is dead on

alexwatson62alexwatson62almost 5 years ago
I CAN ............

........... sort of understand what you mean, but in my case I respectfully have to disagree.

You see, I met the love of my life almost 36 years ago and we married and had a daughter.

When my daughter was almost 3 her mother passed away. Two heart attacks spaced a week apart plus a layer of oxygen expanded each time they tried to bring her out of her induced coma, pushing her brain down on to her spinal column.

To MY mind, she was gone after the 1st attack, (there was very limited brain activity).

Even today, and for the remainder of my life, I will never believe in the existence of any God.

What sort of "divine being" could do this to an innocent child remembering that my daughter was not the first, nor sadly the last to be brought up by only one living and loving parent due to a death?

What sort of "God" could look down and watch someone slowly starve, or die in agony (that was the main thing I struggled to understand in the story about McKayla and Amberle).

Please don`t misunderstand, I would fight to the end for the right of anyone to believe in whatever they want, especially if they can find some comfort there.

Lastly, I`ve enjoyed reading your stories so far, please don`t stop. I only wish I could write as well as you do :)

alexwatson62alexwatson62over 1 year ago

Sorry, I had forgotten I had read this.

chytownchytown8 months ago

*****Amen!!! What a beautiful piece of storytelling. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHLD@HLD
2971 Followers
2/12/22 All 10 parts of "Super Friends With Benefits" have now been posted. This has been an interesting story to write. I started this as a stroke story with a little bit of a new angle I haven’t written before, but then a love story broke out. Along the way, I chose to ...

story TAGS

SIMILAR Stories