All Comments on 'Lyin' Eyes Ch. 06'

by Longhorn__07

Sort by:
  • 116 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Bullshit

Dr. Jameson is a piss-poor excuse for a professional and this story has turned to shit.

Nightowl22Nightowl22over 18 years ago
The reason?

Is this the reason that Laura screwed aroud? Will Mark buy it? I don't feel like it's an answer and I wasn't the one cheated. Somehow, it would seem to me, she should have more conscious control of herself. She sounds like a robot acting by rote. Like she was asleep for those 6 months?

How does Mark accept that and know that it's all over??

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Why Are We Back To The Dr. Again?

I enjoy your talent but not your persistance in Doctoring the situation. It is as tho you know that you are selling something that you know we don't have any inclination to buy, but you keep trying anyway (pushing water uphill).

I believe it is your profession but this the wrong stage for those intentions. Hopefully you will soon see that and reclaim your credibility in a more clear and understandable manner.

Let us assume your motivational points affected her. Did they - could they have voided her long term common sense - caused the cloudlike unclear memory of her activities and reasons. If your point is she is an irrational irresponsible woman, that we already knew. Cmon!

The Smoke is Puzzling and Non-purposeful.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
you are kidding?

I realize that you said the tone of the story would be changing but this is pure crap. I am sorry and I am not blasting you I am just giving a poor review to the direstion the story has taken. Actually it is no longer a story. I don't think too many of your normal (sic) readers will find this interesting or enjoyable. It is not erotic and it is not moving. It is boring and really not a story at all but an ego trip you seem to be taking after reading an Introduction to Psychiatry text book. Better luck next time. Think readers not ego.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
You have promise BUT

I do feel some sympathy for the wife after hearing about her problems. She is fucked up. However - there is still no equity for the husband. He needs to have other sexual relationships with other women and THE WIFE MUST KNOW ABOUT IT. In fact he should fall in love with another woman and live with her - and tell his wife that the girlfriend is a much better person than she AND fucks far better. Why should the husband be celibate now?? Only a woman writer could think that a man could do such a thing willingly. MR. REVENGE

gizzmo301gizzmo301over 18 years ago
well written

well written interesting chain of events. I am waiting to the end to see how this whole story fits together

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Keeping me interested to see

how all this fits. To the person that saying this is a non-erotic, look at where the story is place *wink* it is in the "non-erotic" section.

To be honest with you the writing is good, just don't know how I feel about this chapter.

Are you going to finish "obession", as well??

EffectEffectover 18 years ago
Good so far

I agree, check which section the story is in. It is in the "non-erotic" section. Just because the story started out in the "loving wies" section doesn't mean it has to stay there. As for going back to the doctor. Well it's Long's story and he can tell it how he wants. It's not like he's out to do it in such a way just so readers can accept It's the story he wants to tell and this is the way he wants to tell it so let him. I like that Long is willing to attempt different ways to deal with relationship and trust situations. Normally things are not as cut and dry. Maybe I'm different when compared with a few others. I like the interaction and adventure the couple has to go through in situations like this. Either they get back together or not(read this on another side so already know that answer), it's how they go about that's the most interesting.

I will agree somewhat the the psyco-talk can get a bit annoying at times but I figure it would in real life. Seeing as I don't have much education in that field not sure if Long had gone about it the right way in detail I mean but seems to be on the right track.

Blue88Blue88over 18 years ago
Well done...

This has turned into a fascinating psychological drama and Laura has turned from a heartless bitch into a woman with deep problems which turn her into a more sympathetic character. A well written well told tale. Looking forward to the conclusion as well as many more tales from Longhorn.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
i hope he has been

fucking every woman in sight..he deserves to have some strange pussy if she screwed around on him for 6 months....go ahead hubby date and fuck she did ..id divorce her ...and if she still wanted to fuck just add her to your stable

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Hmm!!

I agree with " Bullshit ". The Doctor is a quack, "once a cheater ALWAYS a cheater". Mark RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN, don't go to any more sessions...

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Bullshit's On Target

No serious counselor over-steps a certain professional boundery. Closing the blinds and sticking one's tongue out in "playful" manner with one's client (friend), this is women chit-chat.

The husband should never do counseling with a psychologist this poorly trained. He's already wasted enough money on her (and the wife) as it is.

Love the wife?, still love her? Sure, it's possible. But there are a lot of strong, trustworthy women out there, who would make Alyssa a great step-mom, who doesn't need to fuck around and be "pulled back" via some HYPNOTIC tricks to learn about "buried" "issues" such as how her father's fucking her mother's sister had subconsciously "damaged her" way, way back!

Many serious modern psychologists already think Freud (as some of Freud's own family members) MOSTLY a fraud; so this marriage counselor/psychologist is nothing but a 4th rated person who got her certificate from some 5th rated private "university" through on-line course, the wifey's wife's worldly opinion of this counselor NOTWITHSTANDING!

Does the wife truly want the husband back? Of course! Fucked up, literally, big time. It takes NO counseling sessions for ANY one with an ounce of intelligence to KNOW that, to want that!

Therefore, pseudo "advice" to the pseufo "husband" (to the author who constructed these charaters to tell us a STORY about human deception and how we deal with it): stay the course. go to a good counselor, if you need to, for closure; but do NOT go to this amateur silly woman who's been having nothing but chit-chat sessions with the wife all these months, at YOUR expenses! --- and SHE said THAT, among your quietness/ingoring of the cheating woman indicated YOUR wanting, willingness, to forgive?! lol

Most important of all: a person who yells at her small daughter as well as her husband, from her session with her boyfriend (whom she's told us now she never truly liked in the first place; just the dick she couldn't stay away from: one wonders is a dildo would have suffice in that case??)believing they're bothering her and that they should leave her alone? --- SUCH IS NOT a good life partner, wife, or mother.

Her "deep buried family issues" (pulled out of tricky, magic hats" by the hypnotic fake counselor) are NOT mitigating but aggrevating evidence testifying to her unfitness!

The "Lyin' Eyes" give the readers enough "evidence" to say unequivocally this woman, and all men and women like her, is not to be trusted. Nor does she deserve your love, trust, or dedication,,,, She could be a part of the little girl's life, on the periphery; but she should not be the person who help shape the daughter's foundation on life,,,

But knowing the author Longhorn_07, he/she's gonna bring totally incompatible characters back together again at the end! LOL

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Great development of the villan

Tremendous work in developing her charector. You have set the stage for a very interesting ending. Can't wait to see how it ends.

ralphcralphcover 17 years ago
slight trance

maybe brian was also a dr. and also put her in a 'slight "fucking" trance' (where she also didn't love her own daughter). yea, that's what usually happens in all these situations. strange how the "fuckin trance" only works when wifey has a home and lovin hubby. when she's on the street with no future, hubby, or home the "fuckin trance" no longer has power. seems like getting "fucked over" ends the "fuckin trance".surly she can be so "fucked-up" we can feel sorry for her and hope she gets her future, hubby and home back and then she can again fall under the power of the "fuckin trance" again.rc

'

bornagainbornagainover 17 years ago
the fight

Mark needs to give her that chance we know she and brian hurt Mark bad but she has been getting help and it has been doing well in the therapy I hope she can prove to Mark she has changed herself or its by by

Pat Murray

Atlanta,Ga

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
damaged goods

I think it's wonderful that Laura is figuring out her life. Mark, however, can't possibly want any more than he has from her. She's damaged goods. I'm sorry but how could he ever forget what she said to him. No one could, it would always be there no matter what.

DSLAYERDSLAYERover 15 years ago
Why?

To even think of letting this slutty bitch back in is insane!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
prelude to end

she has a hormonal balance with husband but works fine for seduction? brian wasn't good, but there were months it all went on? no, help her understand, but to forget and forgive? she was damaged goods, and went way over the top. no, mark can do better and need not settle - as happened in final chapter

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
VERY WELL WRITTEN

I thought it was a great story,very well written.

FD45FD45about 13 years ago
This was not good

I have met very few women who think that they can only be happy with one man and they find 'their one true love'. Yes, it's big on Lifetime etc, but life has shown us that men and women get on with their lives, find other people and do well. As well as people ever do.

And I am not picking on Longhorn_07 particularly here. It's a common theme in all these redemption stories. But 'I want to be as comfortable as I once was with a rich husband' and 'I need to be with my daughter and I'll put up with him to do it' seems tawdry.

And once (again not Longhorn specific) I'd like to meet a guy who wasn't a paragon. But it IS fantasy...

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdabout 12 years ago
This Woman Should not be in a Relationship

Hopefully her marriage will stay broken.

anon606anon606about 12 years ago
The real world

I try to confine my comments to analysis of the writer's art. The characters themselves are but clay, or ink.

I rated this a 4 because, even as smooth a segue as it is, it doesn't engage me.

I am moved to write on this, however.

In the real world, women like these in Longhorn_07's stories don't exist, statistically. They are too too rare. Consider that so far in this one, the wife has continued with therapy for a year.

She hasn't 'forgotten' appointments or had 'scheduling conflicts'.

She has rebuffed or ignored all entreaties by other men.

She has not despaired for a marriage long gone.

She has not reexamined her husband's character or personal habits or manner to find faults, or annoyances to be escalated to be faults, as she did with her parents.

She hasn't put a 'good face' on her behavioral failings as inoculously she puts on a 'good face' with mascara or eyeliner.

She hasn't taken the advice of every bit of print and visual media that it is her duty to get her daughter back and her right to have her with regard of nothing else.

I have met women who have torn themselves apart and rebuilt themselves like Laura in this story, but it wasn't for something as trivial as marriage. To be accurate, I met dozens, scores. They were alcoholics and addicts facing slow but certain death. Death is the only thing I have ever seen focus a woman in the way portrayed in Longhorn_07's stories.

Would that women consider divorce as death. Were I Laura's husband, the only thing that could keep her out of my arms is the worry that I might sabotage her effort. I would feel loved and blessed above all other men that she would make this effort, though I certainly would have occasionally spied to confirm the miracle.

I had a wife. She did crazy things, the roots of them in an abused childhood. She went into therapy. She turned away from death, but not divorce. She was normal is this way.

So, yeah, this is fiction.

semofuncpl3semofuncpl3over 11 years ago
Definite

should have had a accident

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 11 years ago
Loved it

This has done a great deal to get me to understand her better.

kemanderkemanderalmost 11 years ago
Awwwww!

So touchy feely! excuse my sarcasm, please, but I've been in Mark's position four times in my life, and non of this explains away the desolation, the pain, and the giant hole left in the male's existance. I can't imagine anything in life that can heal the damage done. But it's a great 'Story' anyway, even if it is just a fairy tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Well...

"I don't deserve a man like Mark. He's right to have pushed me away the way he has."

No shit. Whore....

But find a Doctor to blame anyone but you...

spankfunforspankfunforover 10 years ago
A story unfinished~

The cheating and the counseling were going well. Mark And Laura not finishing this story is infuriating! There was no completion! No ending! Very upsetting!!!!

KarenEKarenEabout 10 years ago
Lame

Oh, it's the booze, it was Brian, it was my parents.

Grow up and take responsibility for your actions.

If you love Mark, tell him to move forward with the divorce and get out of his life.

chytownchytownalmost 10 years ago
Thanks For The Read***

One more chapter. Thanks for sharing.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 10 years ago
Loving it

I guess I don't have as high a view of free will as other readers. We are the product of our circumstances and environment. It does not excuse us of guilt, responsibility or consequences. But it does help us better understand our actions.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 9 years ago
not buying it

To call alcohol a date rape drug is false.

While it does lower inhibitions it is not undetectable, it is not possible to slip it into water or a soft drink and have someone drink it unaware, at least not in a strong enough mix to have any effect.

That she drank alcohol does not free her from responsibility for her actions.

She drank willingly and had sex willingly.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
KarenE, correct as always.

'nuff said.

BfreetorunBfreetorunover 9 years ago
Now through the miracle of hypnosis and the reassurance of the Doc that nothing is her fault.

She can get indignant with her husband, deny responsibility and live happily ever after. Karen E was right, again.

fanfarefanfareover 9 years ago
How 2

How do you turn alcohol into a date rape drug? First, Modern Puritans fail to educate children about their sexual development by denying them experience at drinking heavily watered wine. Kinderbeir anyone?

Historical Puritans were not as hypocritical as hollywood portrays them. Their children were at least permitted the opportunity to learn moderation.

Today such moderate behavior is derided as interfering with the conspicuous consumption that drives our Consumer Society of placid masses of passive spectators.

At the behest of the profit margins of our masters caste of plutocrats running our Corporate-Socialist State.

Second; to the alcohol add copious quantities of the notoriously addictive and toxic varieties of C 12 H 22 O 11 and NaCl.

Can you spell Southern Comfort or Rum & Coke? Or the watered down lager that passes for most American commercial beers since the late 1930's?

That are used to encourage ignorant and immature American women to do their yeoman duty at drunkenly submit to being impregnated.

There is a direct correlation between sales of sweeten alcoholic beverages, political repression of sex education and the very high USA birthrate for the last half-century.

Plus, the limitless rise of sexually transmitted infectious diseases.

Do you spelunkers of the BTB lynchmob have ANY comprehension or self-awareness of how much you reveal of yourselves?

Displaying in the commentaries your deep-rooted, subconscious misogyny every time you spew out your self-hatred of your own repressed homosexual desires?

rlh100rlh100about 9 years ago
Fanfare, please tell us how you really feel

Your comments are waaaay over the top. As you said: "...have ANY comprehension or self-awareness of how much you reveal of yourself?"

As to some "direct correlation between sales of sweeten alcoholic beverages, political repression of sex education and the very high USA birthrate for the last half-century" please site some professional/academic peer reviewed study. While there may be some casual relationship here, there is no causal relationship. One does not directly cause the other.

As for unplanned pregnancies: "The teen birth rate has declined almost continuously over the past 20 years". This is from a 2013 US Department of Health and Human Services report. Oh, I forgot. That is one of Obama's communist, socialist, capitalistic, Muslim, Christian propaganda machines that Fox News tells us about.

Judging from your post, I expect to be flamed back. It seems to be the way of the rude Internet.

As to the story itself. I am enjoying it. Yes the characters are not realistic. This is fiction after all. Nice character development. Nice back and forth. I like that neither of them are trying to use the child as weapon. It has given me some interesting things to think about.

All in all a nice read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Yes she's a

cheater, slut, and a bitch. Very good you listed her characteristics!

Taffbanjo2013Taffbanjo2013almost 9 years ago
A profound story.

Very well told but it still seems to me as if the wife is being given an excuse for her adultery - so that's OK and her cruel husband is being unreasonable in his demands.

Still, I feel that the comments tell us more about the commentators (including me!) than about the story's characters.

An impressive piece of writing.

OldmarriedtarOldmarriedtaralmost 9 years ago
Good story

I agree in principle with fanfare. For rlh1000, no two people are alike so there will never be a direct correlation. Also the drug of choice for porn actresses is alcohol. For Taffbanjo2013, how many times has ptsd been used successfully and Alyssa does have post traumatic stress.

dissmissdissmissalmost 8 years ago
still with it

Ok, its a good story, but I have trouble with people who cheat and it gets put down to mental issues of one sort or another.

By the way ..... what happened to Kathy.... did I miss something.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 8 years ago
Second time through....

Excellent stuff.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
you could write

A story without giving wife mental problem excuse.

Just visit Facebook profile of dearbornmt@yahoo.com. A serial cheating wife is exposed on that profile. True life real accoun

silentsoundsilentsoundover 7 years ago
Happy crap.

Well written bull.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Interesting Perspective

The picture painted of the cheating wife's mental health issues is very interesting and very well written! Her progression through treatment is interesting and well.

I find it difficult to understand her feelings and actions in light of what she experienced as a child. I really do. So what if her father was a cheating bastard? I don't understand how she looses her mind and cheats because of it. Heavy drinking and cheating were responses she chose to make. No one made her do them and her unconscious mind driving her behavior doesn't make sense. Everyone has an unconscious mind. They don't commit adultery because of it!!!

Horseman68Horseman68almost 7 years ago
Well Done.

The perspective from Laura's mind is extremely well written. Bravo for the insight.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Query

Who is financing Laura while all this is going on and why as she not found another paying job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Interesting but this is not a way out of this

Well written, but again, she was FREE, she had free will. All you're saying as intersting as it might look, it still doesn't justify the choises she made. You're backpedaling now changing her character completely because you want them back together. Too bad you shouldn't have written her in the way you did in the first three chapters.

Seeker1107Seeker1107about 6 years ago
Second read

KarenE hit the nail on the head. Ok, her inhibitors were lowered, she had a predisposition towards adulterous behavior, she also suffered from a predisposition to drinking. Now that being said, what would have happened had she gotten behind the wheel of a car and in her inebriated state she drove into someone’s living room killing if not all but most of a family. Is she to be let off with just Therapy or would she be behind bars ( & not ones that sell liquor either) serving out a sentence for vehicular manslauter? There woul be consequences, right? I would think so. So, once again, as said, grow up and take responsibility!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Assuming you take the Shrink at her word...

Nothing explains her behavior towards her daughter. I don’t just mean the rant but her 6-12 months of at minimum of ignoring her to worse. For an almost 4 year old child to literally ask ‘why doesn’t mommy love us’ doesn’t come out of nowhere and it has to have been so bad for her to articulate it like that. None of the explainatuons that the Shrink offered explain that and it’s clear besides for the affair she had an overall good childhood besides the issues (aka her parents never treated her like she treated her daughter).

To be clear this story is really well written but I generally hate the use of psychology in LW stories for this reason. You can justify anything with armchair psychology.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Almost

I'm almost starting too feel for Laura. Almost.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Pathetic

As per the story it is okay if you have some issues in your childhood to repeat it on your children and more ... it is not the way world works. If the shit keeps repeating itself then we all would have fucked up upbringing , but that is not the case ...

tazz317tazz317over 5 years ago
WANTING AND WISHING

to put things right from all that was left behind, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
I hope to god

That this writer is no longer writing this crap. I am seldom so negative aboaut story but this shit just keeps going on and on and keeps getting deeper.

TreymonTreymonabout 5 years ago
Of course the reason it's pyschobabble

IS simple. As soon as she was faced with divorce she suddenly didn't need to have a strange penis to screw around with. Just like that she was motivated to no longer do that. This is before any therapy or anything else. It just had to be worth it to her.

Suddenly she could be faithful again go figure.

The soulmate-love thing was too weak.

GymShortsGymShortsabout 5 years ago
Please clarify...

Doc Shrink says she wanted to get caught. Mark flat out asked her if she was cheating, to which she said NO! then walk out the door for her hook up. Liar! Run away Mark, run away from the succubus and get a Texan Trophy Wife!

moblanemoblaneabout 5 years ago
Sinking ever deeper

This story got worse, even after it pretended to finish. Whilst I understand how much time and energy goes into writing this was a lost cause from the mid-story 'warning'

The last paragraph in this sad tale was too pathetic to swallow. I could understand if the author was female but I shall never know, of course. but that fact could never account for just how disconnected this tory is from human behavior. I gave this bit 1* for taking the time taken to attempt to drag it back from the 'abyss'

moblanemoblanealmost 5 years ago
One excuse and theory after another

THIS STORY REALLY SUCKED! Chapter 5 was bad, I get a professional opinion OR TWO, this weekend. It's going to be like college again! I hope they have a nice Merlot to wash it down with! For a woman like this to EVER attract her husband back would need the husband to be a brain-dead masochist who didn't care for his daughter! And, talking of daughters, this woman should have NOTHING to do with her child after she reaches around 13. Life is difficult for teenagers but having a mother like this could be fatal...!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 5 years ago
Blah

As I said in Ch 5, the psychological issues can explain the cheating, but not her attitude towards Mark AND Alyssa.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Total psychoshit

A line of bullshit a mile long trying to justify her fucking around with the pretense of her poor daughter going to be scarred for life if he doesn't take his wife back. This is the most blatant attempt I've seen to turn a story into a RAAC. Just pathetic. And the author's warning in chapter 3 that this was going down this road was too little too late. This guy comes across as a weak example of a man who the author tried to make him more likeable because he destroyed the asshole. Didn't work for me. And I take exception to the comment that since this story is so old that comments should be kind and not disparaging. More bullshit. Age didn't make this story any better, it just confirms that a lot of people didn't like the turn this story took.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
What you expect?

The author did say not to carry on. This is an EXCUSE story. Plain and simple. It's meant to be smart but it's the opposite. Like I said its and excuse story to give the spouse a reason to cheat.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
there is the crux

the therapist has a bias.

she's playing match-maker. that's not professional.

her job isn't that. and her husband doesn't NEED to 'get over' his anger.

that memory wont stop being rage inducing. it was mean, cruel, and she WAS IN CONTROL. she needs to own that.

he needs to deal with his anger. he will never 'get over it'. he needs coping mechanisms, he needs time to heal on HIS terms. And any psychologist worth their salt will tell you that removing yourself from toxic people/environments/memories...is a good thing. And boy howdy, she was toxic.

i don't care if he chooses to beat her up until he feels better...and takes her back....or leaves her for good...to remove the toxic memories she gave him. it's gotta be HIS choice...not hers...not psycho-babble....his. you never get over a hurt. you deal with it, but it wont magically vanish like this professional therapist seems to suggest....like he can will memories and emotions away with a thought.

LonesomeBoy60LonesomeBoy60over 4 years ago
Amazing

All these "closet" P.H.D's giving their "expert" advise, Please!!! you all don't have the stones to criticize under anything but "anonymous"?? S.T.F.U. Write your own stories, if you have enough brain matter between your ears. I'm liking the twists and turns so far.

MarkT63MarkT63about 4 years ago
Who cares??

In the end; she's just a cheating whore!!! Reasons do NOT MATTER!!! Look at the facts...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
So far so good.

As an aside, and not pertaining to this story, I'd like to inform the author that those garages where we pilots store aircraft are hangars, not hangers.

WargamerWargamerabout 4 years ago
Excuse for cheating

She now has her victim hood enshrined and now has an excuse for her appalling behaviour.

Trust is the issue. Facing up to a p4oblem does not really fix it.

He has no guarantee some future trigger will happen and the entire mess starts again.

Yep, trust is the issue, not the good doctors psychobabble.

Trust is a real problem. Will she lie again, yes!!

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago

Freud would be proud, it was all because of her mother,and father, and auntie Ruth. I still love this guy's writing though.

iameaseliameaselover 3 years ago

So far everything has been well written and enjoyable.

Sorry for those who wet their pull ups, they really wish to ignore the truth that mental issues do cause problems such as these and more and as "real" men (lmao) just have to get their testosterone up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

If real life Laura is one mentally screwed up women. Given that I find it hard to believe the forgiving attitude that Mark exhibits especially after witnessing Laura in sexual acts with Brian. I can imagine that love would quickly turn to hate in that situation and the need for revenge would be an extreme driving force.

dgfergiedgfergieabout 3 years ago

Talk about cerebral, keep writn'

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
4 stars

I have been in Couples helping twice . It did not work for Me

dgfergiedgfergieabout 3 years ago

Introspection, been doing a lot of that lately, pushing 80 and my wife passed almost 2 years ago.

The author shows how screwed up this woman really was. She still doesn't know why she cheated and treated her husband and daughter so badly. The mental illness combined with the drinking was definitely a recipe for disaster. The author is still showing the husband caring for the kid and allowing the wife as much contact as she wants. Will see more I guess.

NitpicNitpicabout 3 years ago
What

What did Laura do for money and where was she living?.Did she have a job before the rape hot line.?

tiercenpttiercenptalmost 3 years ago

did u skip the story @nitpic? lol she was some in an accounting firm, manager lvl I think it said.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Seems to me like a load of bull. Talk about how a therapist can warp someones mind. Not for one second is there any mention of taking responsibility for the cheating and / or making it right (which would be a step for an alcoholic but then again what do I know).

The whole damn text just shows that some people want to rationalize away any betrayal and rather just have a doctor tell them "yes, clearly you have grave psychological problems and are NOT responsible for your actions". Come on people, were all adults and have to own up to our mistakes and bear the consequences.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Do any of you out there realize just how much our parents fuck us up in the years from ur birth to when we leave home? It's truly disturbing how we go from innocent children to messed up assholes over time (think Nazis, KKK, Skinheads, etc...) for the worst examples. The Female characters problems are just another of the meriad ways are human can be badly programmed and not know soon enough to avoid the eventual crash.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

What a bunch of psychobabble to cover and excuse her whoring and acting the slut!!! All of a sudden, she was in a fog and didn't know what she was doing to her husband.daughter and her marriage. While she made herself up and dressed for her lover, she didn't know what she was doing? She was in a fog when she deliberately abandoned her husband and daughter to go out slutting?! Pathetic!! the woman would fit well in a Mexican Whorehouse! What did Mark ever do to her , to become the enemy?! She is just avoiding taking responsibility for her depravity. Really poor. 1 star.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This story seems like those crappy pseudo-intellectual movies that no one gets and that you need to read a manual to get what the director meant. To me it's very simple, she is a very sick puppy. She needs a straitjacket.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

At least she's not one of those sociopathic, gold digging, murderous whores.🤕

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 2 years ago

My gods this isn't even remotely close to therapy. Why do people write about subjects they know jack shit about? A person might as well be influenced by hypnosis than offer "repressed" memories. For fucks sake.

dgfergiedgfergieover 2 years ago

Oh come on you criticizers this is a story and it's fiction and what comes out of our authors mind. It's not supposed to be a guide for analyzing people. This is about people who come from someone's imagination. It's a good story. Thank you Mr. Longhorn. Oh and by the way, it's free! May the author will give you your money back! Duh!

WargamerWargamerover 2 years ago

What a sucky story. The contrivance by the author to justify the slut wife is beyond belief.

Scores 1/5, wish it could be scored less

MyFarktagisAwesomeMyFarktagisAwesomeover 2 years ago

I love the reconciliation and growing past the pain. It makes me feel good about humanity in general. That we can learn to forgive ourselves and others about the unintentional hurts we cause along with the intentional hurts. That we can truly say we are sorry for what we have done and we are truly repentant.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Bah bah bah, psychobabble... bah bah... excuses.... bah bah bah... more excuses and psychobabble... Poor me... A waste of time.

trance00trance00over 2 years ago
About therapy

People keep saying that the therapy in this story is not like real therapy. That's not true. There are different approaches to therapy. Admittedly, the therapy in the story seems a bit more like old style psychoanalysis. I believe cognitive behavioral therapy is more common today. As I understand it, psychoanalysis looks at your memories of the past to seek out trauma and try to fix it. CBT looks at your problems and then focuses on changing your thoughts in order to change your behaviors and thus solve the problems. Some therapy may be a combination of different approaches.

Even if the therapy isn't realistic (and it is enough for me), "imprinting" is a valid psychological concept. If parents keep secrets of which they are guilty or ashamed, children can absorb that guilt or shame, the feelings, without even knowing the secret. This kind of thing can lead to mental illness and dysfunctional behaviors. It is absolutely not an excuse and I don't think anybody in this story is trying to make what happened to the wife in.her youth into an excuse. She takes responsibility for what she did. Therapy is actually a means by which she is taking responsibility. She is looking for reasons for why she did what she did in order to not repeat it in the future. She is trying to improve herself and to avoid hurting others by her future behaviors.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Fascinating psychiatric evaluation.

Very well written and at times the introspective study of how a human being can be destroyed to early in life and later come back and we visit that and complete the process.

I'm looking forward to the next chapter

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Only a graduate of UT Austin could spout such drivel.

DrgwngDrgwngabout 2 years ago

Mark is a cuck, and this author writes too many cuck stories. We do not need more cuck authors and more cuck stories. We have enough already

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

She has a lot to atone for, but It seems most people don't realize how badly one's parental units can "FUCK YOU UP" in so many long term ways.

Human beings are god's biggest, most embarrassingly horrendous failure and along the line of parents fucking up their children, were do you think all human failings come from, from the one who made us, of course.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Sorry...it's just bullshit. We can all see where this is going.

This person...a mature and educated and rational person made decisions...over and over and over again to cheat. She chose to do and say the things she did.

Not her crazy ass parents. Not her fucked up aunt. Her. After the first time she can't blame alcohol.

It. Was. Her.

And trying to convince us all that she is not responsible. And that now she is "all better" and just so happy and at peace with herself because now she has her mania all figured out?

That's really really ridiculous. And anybody who believes this shit? Is just trying to justify their own really bad life choices.

"It's not my fault. I didn't mean to be a gigantic whore (or cheating letch) I was messed up by my parents."

Shut the fuck up with this bullshit.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Not saying it wasn't her fault, but in the context of the story she had a lot of contributing mental and emotional deal from her formative years crashing together and screwing up and disrupting any logical attempts she may have made to stop herself, how many bad decisions have any of us made that in hind site we wonder how we arrived at such a stupid choice?

rn2711rn2711almost 2 years ago

Too much Mambo jumbo. I just don't see it. I accept she wants to get back with her husband and that she took a "vacation" from the marriage, but I still don't understand the why.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 2 years ago

I took the author's advice and didn't reread these last chapters (I have read them in the past, but don't remember very much), but did peek at it a bit, and I see there are some excuses for her cheating. These MIGHT carry some weight if his discovery of the cheating was a singular event. But it wasn't - he suspected, then knew even before the big reveal, and all along he was begging, pleading with her to stop. She was dismissive of his concerns, even as she knew they were true, even threatening to do what she was already dong!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Conclusion: Men!! Be cautious! Be aware! ALL WOMEN go insane like this, usually sooner rather than later. Learn the signs. And be prepared to RUN AWAY!!!!!

MarkT63MarkT63over 1 year ago

Sad... RAAC is bullshit...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

To ALL who have any empathy for anyone, don't think you're so perfect. Think about serial killers (Malle and female), abusers, self harmers, etc... who have NO control of what or why they do what they do, while I truly HATE cheaters and am not ashamed to support the death penalty for certain crimes, if I had the presence of mind and time to consider (and didn't fly off the handle too quickly) I would hope I could possibly (note the "possibly") wrap my head and heart around the damaged person I still had some love for. Wouldn't it be nice if the human race was actually worth a damn? On the insane side, when comes I'm rooting for the asteroid, cause people SUCK SO MUCH! Contradictory Huh?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I didn't see anywhere in this story where in the story where she was actually diagnosed but my guess is that she falls into one of the Cluster B personality disorders such as Borderline personality disorder, Histrionic personality disorder or Narcissistic personality disorder. But note there is no "cure" for either of these disorders just therapy such as Psychodynamic Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Dialectical Behavior Therapy, Mentalization-Based Therapy. Therapy has traditionally focused on helping people regulate emotions, control impulses, manage or prevent crises and counter the cognitive distortions that impact their interpersonal functioning. We're talking about a life time of therapy with not just no guarantees but almost certainties that the patient will have reoccurring episodes where they fall back into self destructive behaviors.

The thing is this story is that at no time does the therapist tell Mark what kind of future he's faces with a disorder for which there's no cure. Just a life time of trying to manage the number of relapses that are certain to occur.

Now ask yourself, once you know that there's no cure and most certainly times where the patient will have lapses where they fall back into bad self destructive behavior do you really want to stay married to that and sacrifice you life and happiness? Only if you see yourself as a martyr.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Can seldom follow a change of voice in stories and find its use disruptive here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This part with Dr Jamison is a bit too long, and heavy in terms of psychological analysis. Hardly something someone will want as light reading. Looking forward for the active storytelling to resume.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Doctor Jamison is a quack and an enabler. The good doctor never holds Laura accountable for any of her bad choices and self destructive behavior. All of Doctor Jamison's sessions are directed towards giving Laura excuses for her bad choices and self destructive behavior...Its her parents and up bringing, Alcohol and heavy drinking "it's the most effective date rape drug in the world." so Laura is just another victim. She lost herself but thanks to Doc's hypnotic trances she's suddenly "found' herself again. Story is a shame when it comes presenting psychotherapy for mental illness or personality disorders or behavioral therapy in a positive or realistic light.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous