All Comments on 'The Colors of You'

by yui

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
************

Your poem was mentioned in the Sunday reviews

du lac~

J.DoeJ.Doeover 18 years ago
~

What stands out the most in this poem is your brackets. I believe it would better for you to whisper, drawing attention to those key lines by formatting with italics.

This is a good poem with imaginative new phrasing. Continue reading, learning and writing poetry as you do well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
ok

I thought too much was happening in your lay out.

You told us what you saw, those of us who entered

the challenge saw the same. What did you feel or

think? That being said, the last verse was on track

and I loved it. sandspike

LeBrozLeBrozover 18 years ago
~~

I must agree ~ drop the brackets; far too distracting and diminishes some very fine words here.

impressiveimpressiveover 18 years ago
I disagree ...

with the others about the brackets, yui. I believe they're part of this poem's punch and originality. This was one of my favorites of the February challenge before I knew who wrote it. I'm very glad you submitted it!

maggot420maggot420over 18 years ago
Wonderful

I think the brackets are just fine. I love this one. It seems very fresh and alive to me.

BelegonBelegonover 18 years ago
I don't know the painting...

...so I will not have my view of the poem affected by it...what I see in the brackets is something that may or may not have been intentional, because taking them seperate and reading the poem three ways, (bracketed only, nonbracketed only and original) provides alternate interpretations. Perhaps I'm reading too deeply into the piece, but I like that divergence. I'm left with an image of a white hand holding blue flower, green grass, brown dirt and blue glass, with a red and golden sunset.The other colors are emotional only, which causes a re-interpretation of "I see you in me".

Wow. Where did that come from? :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
Bemused, bereft. In a handful of blue, I'm left holding the colors of you

Beautiful words of poignancy

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous