All Comments on 'Dedeaux's Delightful Discipline'

by lesliejones

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Thanks!

Thanks for the interesting essay. I have Dedeaux's Tender Buns, and it is wonderful. It has given me many hours of pleasure reading it. lol

But on the whole, I prefer Pyx, for his lighter tone, and his delightful erudition. I particularly enjoy his Sigma Cycle, and The Tutor's Bride.

Speaking of the Sigma Cycle, I wish there were an island in the Carribean where, to be allowed to visit, women would have to submit to six of the cane both on arriving and leaving, and there would be corporal punishment for the least infraction while staying there, such as littering and jaywalking. My husband would think he was truly on vacation! lol

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Very Good Summary of P N Dedeaux's writings

Ms Leslie Jones has beautifully summarised the basic ethos of Dedeaux writings. The Tutor is one of the best. The whalebone riding switch is described as a beautiful instrument of Corporal Punishment. dedeaux describes the caning of women very accurately and sensitively emphasising precisely where the sharp strokes of the cane are administered so that the caning heat reaches the genital nerve centres in the vicinity of the anus and cunt of the caned lady. Ms Leslie jones being a lady herself is aware of this accurate portrayal and has appreciated it in his writings. The contributions of Leslie jones herself are very good and seem to draw great inspiration from P N Dedeaux's writings. I wish Ms Leslie Jones writes stories regarding Females caning men with a severity similar to described by Dedeaux, may be more severe. Women being the weaker sex physically must invariably be portrayed as using the sharpest , thinnest and cruellest Canes to excoriate the errant male's buttocks skin and make him screech with pain begging for mercy which naturally will not be granted unless she has administered the full doze of the canings. The ladies have to be domineering, haughty and of aristrocratic breed with lascivious taste for administering Corporal Canings to errant male subjects with such ferocious severity that may send shock wave to their cunts as the skin of the men's arse is torn after each sharp stroke of the slim yet strong flexible rattan cane. Such severe authority will keep the men in line and they will never repeat the mistakes for which they were hauled up for the caning.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Dedeaux - A Genius

Excellent summary of Dedeaux' works! As far as I can tell, almost nothing is known about him, and he (she?) didn't make things any easier by the us of (other?) pseudonyms. If I may add a few things which appear to be reliable:

1) Edward Anthony mentions 'The Woodshed' as by Dedeaux, but I have seen no other mention; neither do I know any alternative titles for this.

2) He wrote a 'disciplinary' subtext to Bronte's 'Jane Eyre', published by Blue Moon under the title 'An English Education' and also under the authorship of 'Jane Eyre' as 'Disciplining Jane'. I have also seen an e-version entitled 'The Governess's Strange Desires', author Peter Lord.

3) 'The Prussian Girls' has also been issued as 'The Prefects'.

4) 'Transfer Point - Nice' (Blue Moon, 1989) has also been issued by Blue Moon as 'Algiers Tomorrow' (1993), both with Dedeaux as author, but (strangely) in different typesettings.

5) I have also seen 'The Nothing Things', in e-book form, as 'Sorority of Submissive Girls', by Carl Buono.

In general, small variations may be found between different editions, more so in e-editions.

I hope this helps!

Clifford Dorset.

P.S. Love your stories!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Illustrated Extracts from Some Dedeaux Books

You can find some lengthy and highly erotic extracts from Dedeaux's books, profusely illustrated, in a blog called Beauty and the Birch.

http://beautyandthebirch.blogspot.com

Go to the main page and use the Search function. Enjoy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Further Observations on Dedeaux

If I may be allowed the luxury of a second comment, my own studies of this unique exponent of the literature of erotic chastisement have unearthed a few more observations which may be of interest to aficionados.

One item missing from Leslie's original six-item list is 'Clotilda' (Blue Moon, 1989), which comprises four substantial (mostly long) short studies: "Historic" (relating to Roman times); "Judicial" (concerning 17th Century punishment of rebellion); "Religious" (about the well-disciplined family of strict Victorian rector); and "Colonial" (about the Governess of a colonial woman's family). Clotilda herself is a character common to all of these stories.

Another omisson is 'The Territory Within' (Masquerade Top Shelf, 1970), which describes life on a fictional island in which severe discipline is part of the judicial system (concerning only females, of course) and where families accept the cane (and subsequent erotic activity) as part of adult family life.

Regarding Dedeaux' (or some other person's liberties with his work) promiscuity with respect to authorship and titles, I point out that Blue Moon have published two identical versions of the same Dedeaux book, a brilliantly erotic reworking of Bronte's 'Jane Eyre': 'An English Education', by Dedeaux (1996), and 'Disciplining Jane' by "Jane Eyre" (2001). Both versions presentthe same interesting case, based on quotations from Bronte's original, for Lowood being highly disciplinarian, and for Rochester being an aficionado of the use of the rod.

'Transfer Point: Nice' is mentioned, and sometimes this is equated with 'Algiers Tomorrow', both ascribed to Dedeaux and at first sight with the same text. However, for some puzzling reason, the former has a few chapters that are missing in the latter, chapters that are at least as good as the rest of the book, in my opinion.

Just one further obsrevation: 'The Prussian Girls' has also appeared as 'The Prefect', far less suitable as a title, really.

Perhaps we need a forum in which the problem of anonymity and pseudonymity in general can be aired amongst the interested.

Clifford Dorset

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Dedeaux again

I'm certain that a new (delux hard cover edition of any or all Dedeaux's work illustrated by someone of the caliber of "BARB") would sell out in a hurry. A dream come true.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
a bit of knowledge

I communicated with the owners of a website that sold stories online, one of which was Dedeaux's, some time ago. I asked if there were any more stories by him, and was told that he was "very old" and that they hadn't heard from him in some while. They (and I) assumed that he'd passed away. I just saw another story I hadn't read, of his, online though...apparently he wrote some stuff that either got published later or was reprinted. His stuff seems to have gotten reprinted repeatedly, with different authors and titles. I can remember running across Tender Buns with another title and author many years ago...thought it was tremendous then, still think it great now. Only The Prussian Girls is as good...

SultanMeatSultanMeatover 9 years ago
P N Dedeaux

I do believe that P N Dedeaux was the pen name of Geoffrey Wagner, a professor of literature and also explains his abilities in the use of language.

MyrapussyMyrapussyabout 7 years ago
Merci beaucoup

How I utterly and completely love sophisticated erotica...Thank you for introducing me to such a fascinating author.

MyrapussyMyrapussyabout 5 years ago
Thanks for the recommendations

Need to expand my knowledge of BDSM by reading these classics...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userlesliejones@lesliejones
912 Followers
leslie jones is une femme d'un certain age, i.e., in her 40s, used to practice law, is defiantly bi, travels all over the world as a consultant, and enjoys lots of things she probably shouldn't.