All Comments on 'He'll Have to Go'

by JakeRivers

Sort by:
  • 28 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Wonderful

Ain't love grand?

Boyd

saw_man1saw_man1over 18 years ago
Great story

I really liked this story. it was short, simple and very well done.

wetapapwetapapover 18 years ago
God, you're

good. what more can i say. a fan always.

hal_2142hal_2142over 18 years ago
Love is.....

Love is the most wonderful feeling in the world! Nothing else can come close.

Stay Safe

Hal

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
The songs and artists of my youth

Dynamite Jack:

you've brought back a lot of old memories as I remember listening to those songs and more while I cried in my beer after this or that romantic interlude came to an end.

At least this one had two happy endings and that makes this Horny 'ol Sailor happy cause I'm a sucker for a romantic ending. You told this tale well. Thank You. Ronnie W.

Nightowl22Nightowl22over 18 years ago
Liked this one

Good story. But look what happens when we assume.....

But isn't there supposed to be more tears in the beer?

There's a tear in my beer tonight

Oh I wail in my ale tonight

My sweety and me are no more in harmony

Loved Jim Reeves. His album was good from start to end.

Don Williams is excellent. Anyone remember Lullabelle and Scotty?

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Great words and story

Through your words I could feel the characters. The story was excellent and leads me to look for you each time I am in Literotica. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
I'm becoming a big fan

of yours, Jack. You write with the soul of a poet and a heart that sounds as if it will never stop giving. Fantastic work.

kydreamrkydreamrover 18 years ago
Been in his position myself

Well, my fiancee wasn't merely kissing another guy..more like a full blown orgy.

No sense in getting into an arguement, if she wanted to be with another guy, then let her go. I just quietly packed up and left. She saw me leaving, and in one short look, she knew there wasn't anything she could say that would change things.

Nice to see this guy's situation worked out better then mine.

capecodmercurycapecodmercuryover 18 years ago
I only wish

Jack, every time I read one of your stories, I find myself wishing that I could do half as good a job. This story was strong. Your characters sang to me as strongly as the words of the song. I've read similar story lines before but your care with the characters made this special.

magus1011magus1011over 18 years ago
Question

If Julie found the ring at Kelly's house how did it get into Mark's bilfold? Don't you just hate plot inconsistencies?

magus1011magus1011over 18 years ago
Re: Question.

Mea Culpa. I misread, nowhere does it say Mark dropped the ring, just the card and the flowers. Yes Jack you do edit pretty closely. A good read.

thebulletthebulletover 18 years ago
Okay, I'll say it

Great story - again, DJ. And the song you used as your theme is a great one, too. But since no one else has mentioned it, I'll point out that the story really is patterned after "Silhouttes on the Shade" by the Rays. I had the "I gotcha" moment as soon as the story mentioned the kind of shades covering the window. No reason to mention them unless you planned to use them.

EspressoBolusEspressoBolusover 18 years ago
Nice job!

Now this is a very nice story and a true homage to the best ol country songs, AND 'sillouettes on the sgade' thrown in for free!

sacksackover 18 years ago
a fun read....

and I liked the way you integrated the song lyrics!

rd23rd23about 18 years ago
Loved it

What made it so good was it wasn't drawn out it was short and to the point. Maybe it's just me but I would take alot more convincing before I believed Kelly's story if it was me I would have a hard time accepting that story especially since the only people who can back it up is her cousin and fiance, remember blood is thicker than water. That is just the way I feel, Iam would have been more skeptical then he was. Even so I still loved the story.

Declan CravensDeclan Cravensabout 18 years ago
Life is sweet

Well, you have renewed my faith in true love. I actually caught myself sighing longingly at the end of your story. Great job, as always.

Declan

RicticRicticover 17 years ago
Good Story

A good story as always. You are one heck of a story teller.

Howard2ndHoward2ndabout 14 years ago
In the song he is on the wrong street.

For a movie quote not song, "Failure to communicate - sucks!"

GualterioGualterioalmost 13 years ago
Loved it!

Pretty neat trick to take that song as the basis for a story and not have true heartbreak involved, but Jake did it! Congrats!!

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 10 years ago
LOL - more failure to communicate -

The crux of so many stories is a painfully simple thing - Not Enough Communication!

Lot's of talk but not communication - at any of a large number of points he could have communicated and this would have gone differently - right up to the moment at the door. Similarly she had ample opportunity to be clear herself to avoid any ASSumptions of errors.

Nice ending - that could have gone very differently -

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 9 years ago
Loved it

Five stars. A fun tale.

BfreetorunBfreetorunabout 7 years ago
It seems to me that I first heard that Jim Reeves song about fifty years ago.

I could be wrong, of course. It would not be the first time. I always really liked it. It was in my home town, Hot Springs, Arkansas and I have lived elsewhere since 1975.

etchiboyetchiboyabout 5 years ago
Perfect romantic short

5-stars

SatyrDickSatyrDickabout 2 years ago

V. Cute and Romantic!

10/10!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Well, that’s good enough for me, I liked it. A lot. I would have liked more, but then I always do. Thanks Jake.

5⭐️s.

OldmantruckerOldmantrucker11 months ago

👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍😐👌😉

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Which is why you should never make assumptions. Assumption is the mother of all f**k-ups.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous