All Comments on 'Thanks a Lot'

by JakeRivers

Sort by:
  • 24 Comments
wetapapwetapapover 18 years ago
you've gone

too far, i knew writing this shit would get to you, you've gone over the edge, edge hell, you've fallen off the damn cliff. thanks, thanks a lot, you've broke our hearts.

Nightowl22Nightowl22over 18 years ago
Weird

But a good story. IF they hang the guy!

This might work in non-erotic horror.

Kanga40Kanga40over 18 years ago
I liked it

Good one Jack!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
funny

edgar allen poe would laugh at your story style.were you reading nevermore lately?

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Loved it?

I don't want to say I loved it - because then you might think I identified with the protagonist....LOL

But I am VERY impressed with your story.......you portray insanity VERY well!

Perhaps you should think of a career in writing Horror stories?

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Impressed

It takes quite some concentration to find the madness that hides beneath the thin veneer of societal norms. I like it when someone does it with flare. Great job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
DynamiteStory

Wish I could articulate how much I enjoyed your story.

I would sign this with my screen name but I'm afraid the crazy crew would punish the author cause I like this.

I can't believe how much story was told with so few words.

I hope you win the contest!

Sincerly

A nonny mouse

sacksackover 18 years ago
very creative

The interludes were masterfully woven in...very well done imagery which worked to heighten the tension! Two suggestions: Don't title the sections (let the reader discover naturally what happens next) and toward the end, perhaps "gagged" is a better word than "retched".

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
First place written in blood!

Nasty and "sick", just the way they should be told !

The ultimate heaven for revenge fricks...

Me included? No way! or may be>>>Hmmmm

PAPATOADPAPATOADover 18 years ago
Hee Hee

Liked your, Hee Hee, story. Do one again like it next year. It's fun to do something different every now and then.

iztheoiztheoover 18 years ago
Great story ...

Great story ... goosebumps are at full attention now. :)

There is something to be said for a good old fashioned slasher story ... Ghosts, werewolves and vampires are scary enough, but we all know they don't really exist. There's something about the actual potential of man-made mayhem that hits closer to home and makes your look over your shoulder. I can hear this story being told around a campfire and see everyone getting freadked out.

I particularly liked the way that you structured the story, interpersing the killer's ramblings into Solange's story. Good luck with the contest ... you definitely should be a contender.

BlackShanglanBlackShanglanover 18 years ago
Creepy and Wild

The structure of this adds immensely to the fun and the feel of theatre/cinema. The ending is half horror and half comedy - delightfully indulgent and full-blown. Thanks for an entertaining read.

MatadoreMatadoreover 18 years ago
Jack the Knife

It worked for me. Little sex. Little graphic gore described. All found in the readers’ heads. Plenty of clues, but not enough for you to give the tale away. Fabulous premise of a Psycho party gone awry you have here. I hesitate to award “5’s” but you nailed this one.

BazzzBazzzover 18 years ago
Just what the contest needed

I don't know what it is about this Halloween contest but the stories are always so well written. The difference between yours and the others is your originality. I wish I could give it more than a 5

oggbashanoggbashanover 18 years ago
Weird and enjoyable

I liked the concept of the interludes in italics and the gradual increase in tension as the story proceeds.

Well done.

torchthebitchtorchthebitchalmost 17 years ago
Wimped out!

You let her off too easy! Personally I'd TORCH THE BITCH. Loved it. Beautifully done. TTB

KOLKOREKOLKOREabout 15 years ago
Thanks, Jake

Are we allowed to read this on non- Halloween days (or nights)? I admit, it seems like a the wrong timing, but I just could not wait that long. So Yea, thanks a lot, it was great.

oldwayneoldwayneabout 14 years ago
Outstanding!

Better than Tony Perkins did it in the movies.

cliffhanger20cliffhanger20over 11 years ago
I GAVE IT A 5?

For me Halloween was a fun time. Maybe not so much for my victims. I once wired 16 M80s together and put them in an old man outhouse. He always arrived at the same time. So we waited until I figured he was well into his business then I blew up the outhouse. The results were shocking!!!

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 10 years ago
Nice

Revenge is nice. Especially when it is coated in blood.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

phil2213phil2213over 10 years ago
Superbly written revenge with great ambience.

Thanks for a very direct and to the point revenge tale. It had great emotion and simplicity.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 10 years ago
A true psycho love story

She was the true bitch - what ever else she was -

He was the true psycho - what ever else he was -

They were the irresponsible shit heads they were - period -

The time of year was right for all to pay a price - live or die - that would last for ever -

Well done -

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 9 years ago
Interesting

Thanks for the offering.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

If I hadn’t already read some later stuff by this author, I would have bailed halfway through this one. And I would have never even looked at anything else with his name attached to it.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous