All Comments on 'Match Me! A Guide to Online Dating'

by sophia jane

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
sacksackover 18 years ago
thank you...

for this practical, helpful approach to the complicated topic of online dating. And may you meet the "casual" partner of your dreams!

mindzmindzover 18 years ago
Down to earth and realistic.

Great post. It seems that you've enough experience and intelligence to transmit some of these guidelines that on one hand seem basic, but that many seem to ignore. Then again, things are usually more involved and emotionnal when it comes to relationships. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Good advice

The world of dating is sure changing. Once was, there were 10 million guys online, and 1 woman. Her name was Mary.

elfin_odalisqueelfin_odalisqueover 18 years ago
Sensitively done

What else from you SJ. You're so right, be casual, 'lifetime' happens or it doesn't - no-one can order it like a pizza.

Thanks for an incisive and very instructive piece.

Love.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Good overview

This captured online dating very well. I've been using it for quite a while now, and have met some wonderful people. While I haven't found "the one" yet, it has really helped me meet a lot of people that I am actually interested in meeting. I'm not the most outgoing person around people I don't know, so it's tough for me to meet people.

Some sites are definitely better than others, but there is a lot of variety in the types of people that each site attracts. I have had the best luck with match and eharmony, but I think you really need to look through some profiles on each to see where you feel most comfortable. I recently found someone really great on match, and I'm looking forward to see how things develop. Good luck to everyone in their search!

don87654don87654over 18 years ago
Very honest and truthful

There is a lot of information here. I have met a few people in person after meeting them on-line and have found that honesty always counts very much. Most people are looking for what you are looking for and very much appreciate complete honesty, whether it is a one-nite stand, one-hour affair, or a very realistic marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
keep it up sophia

I was always one to shy away from online dating but I finally took the plunge and luckily met someone very nice. I am not saying that we are on our way to the altar but remember....if you are on here looking for someone then there are people just like you doing the same thing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Be Prepared - Good for many aspects of life

SJ,

Your advice piece is well written showing some thought and rewriting went into it.

I am happily married for many years but know at least fifty friends and acquaintences over 35 who are single and looking.

Your preparation advice is good for a first date, a resume and a job interview.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Nice grammar

Glad to see correct grammar & punctuation. It's very attractive. Want to go on a date with me?

Bill DadaBill Dadaover 18 years ago
~

Very nicely done.

Josiah89Josiah89over 16 years ago
Thanks

That was really informative, and helpful.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
comment

Very good advise.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Real experiences??

Had some luck with Sexinyourcity. Yah, some of them try to lure you in and then disappear. But I have met a couple of girls from sexinyourcity. The problem is even though it’s a hooking up site you still have to almost hold these chicks hands to get them into actually meeting you.

Yah, I’ve had a couple weird experiences. But I chalk it up to any other type of date that can go bad. I have met a couple of cool chicks and we managed to have some fun together. But it still takes some work.

Anyone else have any attempts with adult dating sites other than sexinyourcity and Ashley Madison - or are these the best? I just want something easy that doesn’t mean I’m going to be eating Ichiban for the rest of the month.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous