All Comments on 'Santa Anonymous'

by oregon_gal

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Very Good

Thanks for sharing a wonderful Christmas memory with us.

Boyd

sacksackover 18 years ago
the simplicity of this...

is what makes it so successful. No elaborate and cumbersome Pie-In-The-Sky plots to bring the point home, just an extremely believable heartfelt moment between a parent and children. For that reason, I consider this to be one of the finest entries in the Christmas contest. I have always felt the best stories come from simply writing from one's own experience, and this submission amply justifies that position. God bless you dear, you are a real master!

LilSliceOfCherryPieLilSliceOfCherryPieover 18 years ago
Wow.....brought tears to my eyes.....

....what an interesting lesson you learned. I think we have forgotten all the small joys of the season. I hope your story can be a reminder of that. I'm sure you're teaching your own children these same lessons. Wonderful story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Great Story

Great Story,

Thanks

mn_demonnmn_demonnover 18 years ago
AHHH The memories!

The memories this story has brought back to me of my childhood years growing up in Minnesota, unfolded the true meaning of the holiday.My story wouldnt be as good as this but it serves the heart and fills it with joy as this season approaches once again.

Selena_KittSelena_Kittover 18 years ago
Spirit of the Season

This piece really embodies the spirit of the season. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
The simple things in life are the most important..

It is so true..the gift is in the giving, not in the package! Thank you for the heartwarming story that reminded me that the simple things in life are the best!

cookiejarcookiejarover 18 years ago
Wonderful...

This really brings the true meaning of Christmas home; thank you for reminding me. Good luck!

Cookie :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Very impressive

and right to the heart of what Christmas should be about, giving, not getting. Great job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Nicely done

A nice piece of seasonal writing that managed to be sweet and sentimental without being maudlin. Good luck in the contest.

Rumple

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
simpler time

What a sweet story. It brings back the spirit of the fifties and the appreciation we had for simple acts of kindness.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
loved it!

Carol - since I have known you for a hundred years - I may be just a little biased! you have always had a good heart and this was just a little insight into the gal I have known all these years. What a Christmas treat for me! Keep up the writing, you have found your niche!!! Ellen

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
A holiday gift

A great holiday piece that took me back to my own childhood, and remained me what Christmas is suppose to be.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Beautiful

This is a beautiful story beautifully told...

Nancy

DarkAurther6969DarkAurther696911 months ago

I guess I'll bring a tiny bite down before I bring you up, Nothing Too Big I assure you. Aside from a Few Spilling Fixes hare and there. This is a Really Great and Emotional Story, it Almost Brought me to Tears. I'm Not Sure it was the Setting or just the Story itself? But in either case as I have said it Nearly Brought me to Tears by the End really Heart Warming.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous