All Comments on 'A Rant: Desperate People?'

by H20wader

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
saw_man1saw_man1over 18 years ago
Parents make all the difference

I live in one of the fastest growing school districts in the country and near several teachers. They all tell me that 99% of the time they can tell which parents are involved in their kids studies. There is no substitute for involvement.

rgraham666rgraham666over 18 years ago
My own read

on this is that decent education costs.

Unfortunately, the ruling ideology is that private enterprise can substitute for public service at a lower cost. Personally, I can't understand this point of view. There's little historical evidence, in my opinion, to support this hypothesis.

Pleased that you care for your kids though. I could have used more like you when I went to school.

Interesting read. Thank you.

saw_man1saw_man1over 18 years ago
On second thought

I have been thinking about the dollar amount you quoted per student-$6,300. My son goes to a good private school here in Atlanta and the cost is thousands less than that. Why would public school in one state cost so much more than private school in another? Is it merely the cost of living variances that exist from state to state?

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Dear Saw Man1

Here in Michigan the UAW worker wage and benefits drive up much of the local business employment costs to be competitive for warm bodies. Thats just the way it is. It's also part of the reason why Michigan is losing jobs to other states.

So, my suspicion is that if all other things are reasonably equal (brick and morter, land, tools[books computers, etc] ) it must be the Teachers Union and higher than average teacher wages which drive the difference.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 10 years ago
Tis' a sad but undoubtedly true description

Of a very poor way to run an airline -

Good luck

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
AN ONGOING LAMENT

about the education of children in lower schools. #1 MONEY, #2 MONEY AND #3 NO MONEY. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
1 star for loving wife dies gets this 1 star,

Just stop it! Please, someone take away his crayons so whe can't scribble any more

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous