All Comments on 'Marrying for Money'

by haremgirl

Sort by:
  • 25 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Ha!

What a way to woo a woman. I look forward to reading more.

Boyd

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Smashing stuff

Loved it. Nicely written. One or two anachronisms (e.g. pussy) but generally a gripping read. Can't help wondering if there are going to be any dirty bits. We live in hope.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Please Do!

Excellent read please continue......

ArinnArinnover 18 years ago
Lovely!

The beginning of a wonderful story!!! It reminds me of a romance novel that a person guiltily reads at night, waiting for Mr. Right to come along. Please do continue the story... and try to get it published as a book!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
KEEP ON WRITING

KEEP WRITING IN THE 1800'S, POSSIBLY ABOUT THE TIME BEFORE THE WAR

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
More

Clearly needs to be continued. I'm not familiar with the lingo of the time, but the story comes across as convincing to a novice like me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Very Happy to see this in the Novels class

I am looking forward to seeing many more chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Damn it!

Here I am hooked into another long story. Worried that the author will take forever to post the rest or worse yet lose interest and just stop writing. Why did she have to make the begining so compelling?

I think I have a good idea where the story is going then again I've been wrong before (somehow I hope not. I love the story the way I think it's going). This is so well writen I don't care if I've seen it before.

I doubt that there are very many really new plots to be written anyways. But a good author can find new and compelling ways to provoke the readers emotions for the characters in a basic plot that we all know and love. So far Haremgirl's done a really good job of that.

Metzov

PS Can anyone tell me why the indentations at the begining of all my paragraphs disappear when I post?

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 18 years ago
Nice Writing...

I don't usually go for historical fiction, but you are off to an excellent start with this one - you have my interest.

farfalla818farfalla818over 18 years ago
Wonderful!

I'm ready for the next chapter! This is wonderful!

peggytwittypeggytwittyover 18 years ago
Very intensive start

You are off to a great start of what appears to be a story with so many possible twists to take. Good start on introducing the initial characters. Needless to say looking forward to the next chapter. I hope you may some day have a novel published, as I would be willing to buy it. You are a good writer!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
fantastic

haremgirl,

you rock as a writer! Not only do you have a wonderful plot going, but you also have a definite skill in character development as well as dialogue and grammar. Whoever proofread this also deserves a 100%. This is a great start to this story, and I look forward to reading further chapters.

VERY NICELY DONE!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
I

can't wait to move and so glad i found this story. Thanks for the start of what looks like a good long read, just like i like em. respectfully fan in Texas naynay

Nightowl22Nightowl22almost 18 years ago
Why the little vixen

is willing to give up everything without asking a return! Trevor MUST have really hit the spot!!

Whether he will love her or not It would seem that she will love him

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago

Wow You're sure comes out hard.

It's a good story, keep it on girl.

SurgemanSurgemanover 13 years ago

Minimum erotica - Maximum enjoyment reading. Anticipating chapter 2 but not just for the sex.

TheCryoftheBlackbirdTheCryoftheBlackbirdabout 13 years ago
Um... Awesome!

Loving this story and can't wait to read more!

Excellent details and description of characters. Leanna's encounter with Trevor was very hot, and in a believable, realistic way.

Just awesome! On to chapter 2...

lusherlusherabout 13 years ago
You're simply wonderful

I would happily buy any book you write. You're just brilliant at mixing erotic intrigue and romance!

didntseeuxtheredidntseeuxthereabout 11 years ago
So good!

One of the best historical romances on here!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Very nice start!

Very interesting start and I am enjoying your writing style a lot Haremgirl, im looking forward to reading more of your work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Very enjoyable...

A relaxing and pleasant read. For what it's worth, it's

- bated breath, not baited breath (we're not fishing).

- "could care less"? So, couldn't care more? I think you meant to say "couldn't care less"? Why say the opposite?

- to try and win? Try "try to win"? We try TO do things, not try to AND things.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Great

One of the top authors on this site - somewhat forgotten....Write more please...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
More of the same

This is the fourth character of yours (the other three were the McKenzies) where the man's first interaction with the woman he's to end up with, he goes straight for a breast. Usually there's a kiss and then he gropes her (I can't quite recall with Liam if he kisses her while pulling her into his lap and groping her or not). Is this something of a calling card of your stories or is this how people greet each other in your world? For the time periods you write about (and even today) no matter how handsome the man is, that kind of behavior upon first meeting would be followed by a swift hand to the face. It's unbelievable and frankly, after four goes, unimaginative. Your stories are good, even if they are super formulaic. Just, try a different introduction for once. This one is tired.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Yeaaa

Great start! Loving these two characters already. I think Grayson would have agreed to lend the money without asking for much if Jeremy's wife had come. Strikes to me like a kind man. Leanna and Grayson! Already loving it!

Marklynda2Marklynda29 months ago

A great start to what promises to be a well thought out and written story. I look forward to reading the next chapter. As this is my first foray into your writing and the first story you posted here I have added you to my favorites list. I appreciate your and your Muse's imagination (memories?) and abilities to bring it to your story. Thank you for sharing your vision and talents.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous