All Comments on 'Dee Dee's Husband Responds'

by Joesephus

Sort by:
  • 120 Comments
peggytwittypeggytwittyover 18 years ago
Is there another story of “Dee Dee” out there?

I’m a little lost if this is a sequel to another story and where it is posted.

It does seen to meander a bit.

Keep writing you have interesting ideas.

Average-JoeAverage-Joeover 18 years ago
"Dee's One & Only Affair" by vastiesmith

This is the husbands side of it.

As to the story - it was ok. Im not really fond of one-sided stories though. I understand why the author did it this way since it was supposed to be the other side of a one-sided story about the wife but I think it would have been better if it was written more like a normal story and showed the husband & wifes interaction during the confrontation and divorce. Just isnt much meat (suspense/drama/conflict/etc) in a story like this imo.

Thanks for writing author & thanks for giving him a normal personality when he found out about his 'loving' wife - after all, how much love can a parasite have for their host?

Nightowl22Nightowl22over 18 years ago
Interesting story

But certainly not complete.

Would surely put a crimp in your good day!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
you talked about what could and what would

you talked in a fanasy and really nothing was done.what have you done in the present.you sound like some whining wimp.

PArebelPArebelover 18 years ago
Very Nice

Well now we have, "She Said" and "He Said". It would be nice to have a final chapter on the aftermath once the divorce papers are delivered the next morning.

saw_man1saw_man1over 18 years ago
Nice follow up

That was a nice follow up to the original. You are however, missing the preface that tells the reader that you are basing this on Dee's One & Only Affair by Vastie Smith.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Nice

I liked hearing his side of it but is there a conclusion to the story? Your a good writer. Keep it up.

Bob

louguy35louguy35over 18 years ago
What the Hell??

As PArebel said, we have "She Said" and "He Said", but we have no ending to the story. What in the world is going on with Lit.com authors? So many seem to think it is clever to leave the story unfinished so that the reader can supply his/her own ending. Bullshit!

A good story has a beginning (introduce conflict and characters), a middle part (develop plot and characters), and an ending (resolve conflict and complete character development). This story was not finished by either Vastie Smith or by Joesephus. Forget all of the irrelevant afterthought questions at the end of the still-hanging story, and just finish the damned thing, the way an author is supposed to.

Or is it that so many Lit.com authors simply cannot write a good ending to a story??? Learn the craft!

Oh, Well...Cheers!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
I enjoyed seeing a strong man in conflict

He's not a wimp, as a woman I hate wimps. He made his choice and is dumping her. What I like is that while that decision was never in doubt, he is struggling to reconcile his natural urge to seek vengence and his moral (religious?) code that says forgive. He doesn't want to forgive her, natural, but he also wants to shield his daughter and her child.

I love the way he accepts his daughter while cursing the bitch.

I do have to agree that I'd like to see the end of this story. I'd love to see how the wife reacts when she finds out what her vicious story did to her meal ticket. It's never a good idea to laugh at a real man you've wronged. I'm betting that for all his 'the best revenge...' and desire to just walk away the wife won't see she's smashed his rose colored glasses. She'll think that since she fooled him for 25 years she can still get away with it. Based on what Joesephus wrote I don't think she will, he's begging her to fight the settlement.

I just had another thought. He said he wrote it to set the record straight. He's knows she'll see it, especially after she's served divorce papers. I wonder if she'll try to use that to talk to him?

Nancy

katnip_21fkatnip_21fover 18 years ago
Touching and sad.

Great story. As the second wife, I can relate this story to my husband's experiences with his first wife. Everyone deserves to be happy, and be first in their partner's heart. Please have a read of my story "Reflections in Steel" and give me your feedback.

JoesephusJoesephusover 18 years agoAuthor
A personal request from the author

Talk about an odd feeling, calling yourself an author! I've received a number of emails from folks who need to remain anonymous. I understand, I do also, but it makes it hard to ask the questions I'd like to see answered.

First, I wish I could ask why some call the husband in this story, Bud, weak or a wimp. To me a wimp sticks around for some period of time, doesn't leave, or worst of all likes what his wife has done. It might have been poor writing, but I tried to make clear from the very first paragraph that Bud is not prepared to accept his wife's behavior. He has already arranged to have her served with divorce papers the next day. He did delay a few days for the sake of his kid's party, but he had already moved out of their bedroom.

He is struggling with his impulses to do violence, but surly not doing something that would cost him his job and perhaps land him in jail isn't being a wimp. As one reader pointed out, I have made him a religious man. As such he is also struggling with the dictates of his faith and what his desire to secure justice personally. That he ultimately chooses to go with his faith doesn't seem weak to me.

The story is what it is, and if my skill wasn't sufficient to convey what I intended, well that's why I'm posting on a free site. I'm learning and know I need to get better. Please understand, I'm not trying to pick a fight, argue scoring or any of that sort of thing. You are my 'market' and since in real life I'm a business major, I want to understand my market. I'm not one of those writers who write for art, I write to entertain my readers.

For technical reasons I've never been able to read comment on other cheating stories, so I'm asking for input. As a reward, I'll try to write better stories, more targeted to those who honor me by reading them. I don't think I can explain what a rush it is to know that someone reacted (positively or negatively) enough to what I wrote to write to me and talk about their reactions.

Second, both posts and email have asked why I haven't finished the story. Here, I'm not certain of the protocol. This was a response story. I did have the original authors permission, but she didn't like the direction I took the story, but never withdrew her permission. Still, I tried to make the story a stand alone. I clearly didn't do a very good job of that.

However, my question is, since this is a response and not my story, would I have the right to finish it? Personally, I would love to see the author or someone who agreeded with the original point of view write the wife's response, but what is proper?

Finally, thank you for reading, especially those who responded either here or in email

rlg99rlg99over 18 years ago
Nice Follow up

This was a nice followup to the original story. At first I could'nt see this being the same couple and then I went back and read it again, ( At the first part on the name changes)Nice touch author. Good Luck Bob

z00timez00timeover 18 years ago
Right back at ya

Dear Author

I think that you may find some critical comments about you being weak or wimpy simply because the people making these comments are just trying to justify some of their personal past behavior.

Thanks for the write.

I wish you the best

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
there is no excuse for having another man baby

you should start the story at her being divorced.if you read the other story,you know what happen.all this whining and not wanting revenge is crap.when i read the story about your wife and lover i was pissed at your wife.tell us what happen after the papers were delivered and what she did.tell us how you fuck with the lover head and the wife got shit on in public.tell us something besides whining about feeling sorry for you,tell us how you took back your manhood.stop telling us how smart you are and tell us how clever you were in taking care of your business of betrayal by your wife and lover.if she had enough nerve to write the story it's true.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
It needs an end

His side of the story is incomplete. I think you should add another chapter of what happens with the divorce and his life though the divorce and after the divorce. You should also have her view and experience through the divorce and after.

jonnyrebel82jonnyrebel82about 18 years ago
That's cold!

I hate cheating wives. My wife cheated and when I found out it really did feel like someone slugged me in the face. I still don't know how I feel about it, I know I hate the courts for giving that "woman" our kids. I enjoyed the story, but it hits a bit close to home. I rather see the wife beg to get back or see her get what's coming to her. This one just hurts. I did like ti and if I liked it, it had to be written good.

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 18 years ago
W-I-M-P husband

let me see if I have this right

after 25 years of coldness no real sexual love and knowing that he is #2 the hubby decides to do nothing except divorce her?

Big fucking deal...

The password is WIMP

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
good decision

he is a better person thn his wife and lover. he knows that he still have a future ahead and he is looking forward to it. he is not that old and have taken care of himself. besides, men do age more gracefully.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
you didn't let know what happen after divorce

the story before the divorce was known.but what happen after the divorce.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
I would like an ending too...

It does seem incomplete without knowning how she responded to the divorce.

zed0zed0over 17 years ago
Faith of the blessed WIMP!

His faith is making him a wimp. This story has compaission but little depth. Perhaps Lighthouse will publish your stuff. (zed)

ChagrinedChagrinedover 17 years ago
This is funny

Zed0 hates Josephus's writing but seem to have made an effort to read and comment on them.

Rather strange behavior!

Regards,

C

Skip1934aSkip1934aover 17 years ago
Another wonderful read

Good story, J

Who says a good story has to be filled with sex?

duddle146duddle146over 17 years ago
Convincing!

Sounds like a man who is honestly trying to reason things out to do what's best for everyone. A well written story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
More...

I loved this. I would like to hear what he did after the end of this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
This Is The Reality We All Don't Ever See...

I didn't "love" this story. I, like all of us who read it, endured it. The "wife" in this story deserves nothing from the hrd work and devotion of her husband as she was NEVER a devoted wife. She fucked someone else and "fucked" her husband in the process.

Men: if your wife behaves coldly to you, PAY ATTENTION! She is cheating on you. She does not love you, and never will. NO MATTER HER FAITH, SHE IS CHEATING! HIRE A PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR OR GET FRIENDS TO HELP, AND TRAIL & TRAP HER!

Wives always THINK that they are so smart, but we aren't in a court of law; we only have to prove it to ourselves, and not to a jury! Good Hunting!

bornagainbornagainalmost 17 years ago
she should rot in hell

Cee Cee should take a long look into her soul thats if she has one and take a big jump into hell where she belongs .

Pat

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
I think the cheating has unhinged you.

Your writings are the rambling of a mad man. They make no sense what so ever. I do hope you get help. You need it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
I think the last guy read a different story

I saw a man in pain trying to follow what was best for him. He struggled, but he had it together.

katibkatibover 16 years ago
Almost Perfect

Thanks once more, Josephus, for entertaining us. Clever; well-written; nice character development. Apart from technique, though, I felt at the end that I had to know more about this tragedy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Sad try at destroying a great story of sex

and love between two married people who if weren't marrried would be together now. Sad try but it didn't make it. The lover is eather well off with a great job, the wife is very happy and so is the husband who never found out what happened. I know the lover and the wife so I know the truth.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
The first story was true. This is a BS story that

never happened. In my storey the husband never found out about her affair and so they lived happy and stayed together. That is true fact!!! The wife worked hard to make him (husband) happy the rest of her life. And, the Lover was never met again. She hasn't seen him either. Years pasted, over 30 now and she is still married to her husband still happy and in love. Yes in love. She never was out of love. It was a sexual thing and the heat was to great for a woman who never had but one man could not stop herself. When approcahed by someone so experiened as her lover she fell from grace. She was human!!!! And it happened. But she was a Christian and did not destroy the child. Rather she lives with the hurt and the pain knowing each day what she did. She is the one who is in pain and suffers each day she sees her child. There is still love or some sexual feelings for the lover, how could there not be? He gave her the child. But she knows she will never see him again, or at least hopes so. The husband is happy and because he never knew about the affair, raised the child as his own. Things happen for the best most of the time and they lived happy ever after. Who knows how the lover lives. Perhaps he wishes he knew his child. Perhaps he wished he took her away from her husband. Perhaps he hates himself for what he did! She fell from grace once but the rest of her life was dedicated to her husband and to her childThat is ture not fiction I know.

Simple49erSimple49erabout 15 years ago
Since Josephus is unable to answer

because he is dead, I would like to defend his version. First, his story takes nothing away from Vastie's version. Her version stands on it own and is a point of view that is as legitimate as his. His key line was when he imagined the husband in fact discovers what she did and when he quotes the terrrible things she said about HIM. Her disparaging remarks in her story do not show a loving wife. Josephus took off from there and developed the husbands view based on that assumption. Second, in Vasitie's note she offers a version of what would have happened as she saw it. This version is based on the husband never knowing he was cuckolded in the most traditional meaning of the word: he raised another man's child. Vastie imagines they have a happy life together because the wife is so guilty she sets out to make him the happiest man on the planet. While there are some holes in her precis of the follow-up, that too is obviously a legitimate version as it is hers. IN fact, maybe she needs to write a follow up story, showing how the wife became a true LOVING wife? Based on his other stories, I suspect Josephus was trying to take a moral stance on the issue and wonder what if. I just wish he was able to answer Vastie himself, as he was a wonderful writer.

Wet_WorksWet_Worksalmost 15 years ago
Vastie the fact that your story is true makes it

worse and this one more relevant. You say the wife worked hard to make her husband feel loved but in my opinion a christian woman who had made such mistake should've confessed and allowed her husband to decide if the marriage should go on and if he was willing to help raise a child that was not his own. By concealling her actions and the consequences of them the wife has trapped her husband into a life that he probably wouldn't have chosen with her, yeah man that shows so much love. Not to mention the comments at the end of your story Vastie which maintains that she would try to restart her relationship with the other cheater, which to me shows no real remorse for what she had done. I feel pity for the poor man this wife, and I use the term loosely, has fooled for so many years. I wonder how often she daydreams about the times with her lover, each daydream a new and fresh betrayl of her husband. For both their sakes I hope neither child becomes so ill they need a transplant or transfusion from each other or the father for then will come a day of reckoning for the wife and a day of agony for the husband.

jonnyrebel82jonnyrebel82almost 15 years ago
vastiesmith needs to write her own ending!

She gave Joesephus her permission to write this story, and they discussed it after it was written. She got very upset when she saw his draft. She told him this was a true story based on a friend of hers and that they've lived happily ever after.

<p>

As one of the comments suggests, Joesephus was appalled at the idea of a woman trashing her marriage, getting pregnant by another man, and still yearning for him. His concept was that this man, who HAD been happily married found out about the affair from her story! That it didn't happen this way in real life doesn't matter. If the husband ever finds out, Joesephus' story is one way he might react!

<p>

This story is by a wide margin Joesephus' lowest ranked story, and I suspect Vastiesmith is responsible for the low score. After all, Joesephus has been dead for almost two years and Vastie is still upset. I don't understand why. Is she worried that if the husband ever finds out, he'll blame her?

<p>

This was Joesephus' first attempt at story with depth. "Corruption" was his first story, but it was class project and frankly was written to shock the professor.

<p>

As his former roommate and best friend, I'm prejudice, but I think he was a better writer and had a more profound insight into the human condition than vastie. He saw both sides of the adultery. His mother was a serial cheater, and his father had a very successful second marriage.

<p>

Vastie, if you don't like the way Joesephus ended this story, why not write the wife's reply. What would she do when she gets the divorce papers? Rather than saying this isn't the way the story ended, Use your talent to write a different ending!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
I'm not upset you asshole.I donn't even care if

the story was rated or not. YOu just hate me and that's why you wrote what you did. You're a child

jonnyrebel82jonnyrebel82almost 15 years ago
I don't hate you...

and I don't think I'm acting childish. However, since I'm still a student, I suppose one could call me a child. Joesephus was my best friend, I will always try to defend him. However, I don't think there was anything in my response that would indicate "hate." I don't remember ever writing to you or commenting on any of your stories. I know Joesephus enjoyed your stories, but didn't like the way the husband was treated in this one.

<p>

Having said all that, I am astounded by your response to this story. Why does it matter how the FICTIONAL character in this story responds?

<p>

I would suggest that if this story continues to bother you that you write your own response. Joesephus paid you the highest compliment by responding so strongly to your characters that he was compelled to write this story. If you feel so strongly, why not do the same?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Add to favorites John in TX. YOU just don't

kn0w what you are talking about. I know the couple and they are happy and ebnjoying their lives togetehr. It was a mistake and now they are happy together and that's the end of the story. So grow up and learn the ways of the world and you'll see people make mistakes but then recover and continue on with their lives. She is happy, the husband is too and the lover is doing well too. They never met again and never will. But you are a child and really don't understand or know the ways of the world and how things just happen and then it's over. Oh and the child is now married and has a few kids of her own..

jonnyrebel82jonnyrebel82almost 15 years ago
I grant that I'm...

not nearly as experienced as Joesephus when it comes to living around the world. However, I don't think I'm blind to the ways of the world. Even if all I knew of the world were Joesephus' stories, I would be aware that adultery didn't always destroy a marriage.

<p>

Having said that, statistics show that a woman's infidelity generally results in a divorce. Frankly, I'm glad the real people in the story are happy and I hope they stay that way. However, do you actually believe that a husband who discovers that he's being ridiculed by friends and neighbors wouldn't react with anger and seek a divorce?

<p>

Even if the thought of the affair, long in the past, didn't bother him, her final comment that she longs for her lover should give any man pause.

<p>

Once again, I have to wonder why Joesephus' FICTIONAL characters are supposed to mirror what the real people did. Knowing Joesephus, I can tell you that he placed high value on forgiveness, but only if there was true repentance which means trying to make the victim whole. In this story, because the wife would like hook up again (if both spouses die) it doesn't look like the character has repented. It looks like she'd like to do it again. Now that might not be he case with the real wife, but it is the way I read that story!

bruce22bruce22almost 15 years ago
Well Written

5 stars and I like it.Though I admit that we can not guarantee that he got on with his life instead of having that heart attack that the real Dee was afraid of. Vastie`s commentaries suggest that the real protoganist feels that she paid her dues in guilt, remorse and loving, but that is only her side of the story. The vision given here may be the true one and then the divorce was well over due. Basically Dee said she tried to drown her husband in love and her husband did not note the difference over time. This happens and makes Josephus's story a valid alternative and not BS as stated by Vasty. Furthermore, it is a story and can have as many different interpretations as participants!

We are benefitted by these differences of interpretation.

By the way, I "posted" immediately after Vastie made her first posting of the day and it did not take! I am sure that the author did not remove it!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
wimp

he is a real "wimp!" .... no revenge? ........ "dumm aho!"

and you? duh? take some wrighting class's! dumm aho ........

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Vastiesmth doth protest too much!

Vastiesmith, was your story autobiographical? That would explain the vemon you unleased in these comments. You claim that this is a "true story" but your experience does not override what you wrote. I suggest that you re-read your account with an open mind. For example, read the last sentence: "But I don't hold many hopes for that [get together in the future with lover], I just have my son and my memories. SIGH!" Does this sound to you like a loving wife, "SIGH"? BTW, my wife also read your story and agrees with me and the other commentors you have trashed so it is not just a "male" thing. -ttom

puppydog35puppydog35over 14 years ago
Im confused

by he anom poster two under this.Why would he take a class in a mythical English/Irish spirit? Oh you mean writing class when you misspell words commenting on anothers grammer it takes away from the post.IDIOT

oldwayneoldwayneabout 14 years ago
A pretty good story.

Depressing, but well written.

norcal62norcal62over 13 years ago
Sorry story follow-on.

Hard to follow and impossible to empathize with "Bud". Why can't authors be more creative in their character names? Why can't they keep them straight?

RePhilRePhilover 13 years ago
Confusing and unfulfiling

Keep writing

oldwayneoldwayneover 13 years ago
I wonder if falcon even knows that...

HE IS HAVING HIS SILLY, INSULTING, COMMENTS DIRECTED TOWARDS A DEAD MAN. What a genius!!!

BigK10BigK10over 13 years ago
Ok Falcon...

Yes, the thoughts are a bit meandering and seemingly random. If you had ACTUALLY been through something like this, you'd realize that you have conflicting thoughts. One moment, you'd be ready to paint a scarlet "A" on her and tie her to a pillar in the town square, so everyone would know what a slut she is. The next moment, you'd realize the affects that would have on the children--the 100% innocent victims of this story. His moral compass sets his course to the correct heading as he takes the moral high road--to save his kids, if not his own standard of behavior. One moment his pain rules; the next, his logic takes over to make him behave like the true man he has grown to be.

Been there, done that...shredded the damn T-shirt later... ;-)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Can anything bad enough happen to that slut?

Assuming only half of what that bitch wrote in "Dee's One & Only Affair" is true, I'd say justifiable homocide would have to be a viable option. In reality, there really isn't a lot Brad can do but divorce her and try to start a new life. This story is as good a case for DNA testing as I have ever read. As I've said many times, women are evil, faithless, treacherous creatures by their very nature and what few good ones that exist have to strive on a daily basis to overcome that nature. -

lonewolf3307

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
To "falcon"

"HAY SHIT HEAD" (LOL, "HAY" is a type of food for animals.) HEY is a salutation.

"IF YOUR" (LOL, "YOUR" is a possesive pronoun. I have never owned a "GOING".) "You're" is the word I think you were trying (in your ignorance) to use. "GOING TO WRITE A FOLLOWUP STORY THINK ABOUT IT FIRST OTHERWISE YOUR (wrong word again) JUST PUTTING DOWN WORDS WITH NO MEANING" (Talk about "WORDS WITH NO MEANING"!" You seem to be an expert with "words with no meaning".) "DUMB ASS!!!" When infantile, ignorant children use curse words of which they have little understanding, they only demonstrate their limited intelligence and education. That also explains why you have contributed no proof of YOUR inability to write literate stories of your own. (No contributions under YOUR nom de' plume (thank goodness!))

de Jay

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

I feel cheated by reading this story.

DWornockDWornockover 12 years ago
1*

Seniors are not sexy.

Scorpio44Scorpio44over 12 years ago
It read like a rant!

Too bad. As a response to the earlier story it could have been something better than a rant by a guy sitting alone talking to an empty beer can in his hand.

huedogghuedoggover 12 years ago
Gave it a 5 star

and as far as any statement Dwornock makes remember, he is a product of genetic inbreeding.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
WHY'S AND WHEREFORES

everything is left in limbo...R I P JOSEPHUS. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

not your best a rant, unfinished, and unfulfilling.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
What's worse than a bad story?

It's a good story that doesn't have an ending.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 12 years ago
Interesting.

Such a shame that we can't get a finish.

semofuncpl3semofuncpl3over 11 years ago
Oh hell

Just burn the bitch!

chytownchytownover 11 years ago
Good Read***

Thanks for sharing.

ValundarValundarover 11 years ago
** unfinished work.

Had a decent one going until you just.. stopped.

**

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
intro

Wheres the rest?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Where do you go?

Nice "hint" of how a story could start.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
previous posters

If I am not mistaken, this author died in a car accident!

phil2213phil2213over 10 years ago
Horrible unfinished story

We all have our demons and nightmares and this story is definitely a poignant account of the worst of the worst. I hated it for many reasons but mostly because there was too much unfinished.

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
THERE MIGHT NOT BE 50...BUT THERE ARE SEVERAL

ways to leave a lover. Find one that fits, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
WOW

This part of this story is truly a sad, sad tale. The only thing I see , is, that while both Cee Cee and Bud are alive, then there is always a chance to set things righjt. And for that reason alone Bud should look to his bible thumping for a way to lose the anger. Bud needs to realize that. If Cee Cee was to die at this time, Bud would never be able to find the closure he needs.

BfreetorunBfreetorunabout 10 years ago
Since I read below that this author died in a car accident...

I will not leave my usual scathing comment about those who do not end their stories. Perhaps it is Karma...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Better man

Why people think exposing a lying skank to your children even if she is their mother is a great thing is beyond me.

Lying sluts are very liable to raise more like themselves.

Get rid of her , protect yourself to the point of revenge forgive her and start rebuilding your life with good people that you want your children around.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 9 years ago

Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Karma would be you writing a story

but you would need a talent, Bfreetorun aside from being stupid.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
wht

What crap..... i became bored i stop 1/2 through.

retmstrretmstrabout 9 years ago
WTF?

Cry - bitch - complain. What an ass. Story sucks! Cheers!

EgoTrixiEgoTrixialmost 9 years ago
No alternative offered here...

...mot even a somehow developed story. Just winerly complaints and justifications. That is no story, - it is a list of failing arguments. Would have gladly read about her reactions to his filing or hear about the reactions of their so-called friends when they had to consider his reasoning. But nothing happened. That is why this story is just junk, not worth even reading it.

Ducky7Ducky7almost 9 years ago
OK so it wasn't a BTB story.

But you still said nothing. Yea you filed for divorce. SO WHAT. What happened.

As is not worth the read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Give the Writer A Break

Look into your heart and then look into the writers profile. Stop being a stupid millennial and do some research. Josephus if you bothered to look passed away several years ago in a tragic car accident as he was going to his mothers wedding. Please have some grace and dignity to get all the information and stop shooting from your asshole mellenial get it done perspective!

EgoTrixiEgoTrixiover 8 years ago
True - he passed away...so what...?

That does not make this story any better. When he wrote it he was well alive I suppose. He wrote a story with no content, no, not even a plot; just nere sentences strung up one after the other. His death could change nothing. This story could have honored him - he chose not to.

jonnyrebel82jonnyrebel82almost 8 years ago
Jonnyrebel82 account was used by several different people…

Until after Joesephus was killed in a car accident. Since then it's just me, his former roommate, language adviser, and best man. I hate the way this story is misunderstood. It is NOT unfinished, and the character is NOT A WIMP! He's a man in great pain and in the first blush of discovery. His emotions, as in real life are all over the place. He'd like to kill his wife, but wants to shield the child. He will take revenge, shown by the firm decision to divorce her. Even in his pain, the child is his highest priority rather than himself.

When a real person is totally blindsided, he thought he'd had a great marriage and a great life only to discover it was all a lie, they don't respond immediately. Real people can't respond with a coherent plan in the first hours of discovery. They're confused and their thinking is contradictory. This was a masterful insight into a man in pain and an insight into a life destroyed. There's no need to follow up with his revenge, that's for writers like Stang06. This story is about being emotionally destroyed.

RhomanovRhomanovalmost 8 years ago
*****

Seriously emotional. Very good and well worth a 5.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
I like it....a

moment in time, a thought process, to make a rational decision for him and his family that includes the bitch I mean the selfish adulteress, owell [sic?] that he realises never really truly loved him the way a wife should. I thought it was very clever the way this was written.

To bad this man is gone I would love to be one of his long time fans......bill

5ssss

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
What a poor story!!

No comment to crap!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
SO WHAT DOES DEE-DEE THINK?

Alright, we know he's trying to be the better man but how does he know the little girl isn't his? Has Dee-Dee responded in any way? Is she suffering any guilt, shame or regret? Maybe she'll go to the old boyfriend we just don't know.

Oh and by the way, the daughter knows who her daddy is and if our hero decided to go after the sperm donor for 21 years of child support for the sake of closure for himself i doubt it would affect their relationship in the least.

tazz317tazz317about 7 years ago
AFTER THE TIRADE AND THE BALL IS DROPPING

there is still no commitment, or decision TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
@anon SO WHAT DOES DEE-DEE THINK?

Did you not read this? There was DNA TEST results stating his 'daughter' wasn't his you moron.

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderherover 5 years ago
Don't waste your time

Your time would be better spent stabbing your eyeballs out with a fork than reading this story. 1 Star and that is being generous.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
1 *

Only because there is not a zero.

JoesephusJoesephusover 5 years agoAuthor
Jonnyrebel82 NOT Joesephus

I continue to be amazed by reactions to this story. That it invokes such visceral responses tells me it’s very good writing. Since so many folks think the story is unfinished, I’m not one of them, I’d love to see someone with a great imagination see if they can write a good finish to the story.

In a prior post I’ve alread explained J’s goals for the story, but I guess it’s a weakness that so many don’t “get it." I think I, said with a sigh, I need to add something to either the forward or the summary.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 5 years ago
Vastie

stories would put a meth addict to sleep. This story lays a little background and then just quits.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Ok

Good story about a good man's deep emotional conflict. By his description, there isn't much left to take revenge on. The divorce, our of the blue, will give her a cold jolt of reality. This Vastie person surely got worked up about this finish to her story. In her world, the cheating, and letting her husband raise the lover's child is a just outcome. Not even in fiction.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Ok.

What wss this all about? Did it actually finish the story? Not for me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I gave this a 5

almost just to spite Vastie Smith. Her comments about the author and this story are despicable and shallow. Frankly, I don't buy sparing the bitch wife from humiliation and a burn based on the alleged effect on the child. The child is an adult and would almost certainly understand the object lesson given to the cheating cunt. Justice is far more important than "feeeeelings". Only feminized males are in touch with their "feeeeelings" at the expense of justice. 25 years of marital fraud demand justice.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 4 years ago
It was good then and its good now

Please stop worrying about the sluts and cuckolds. Hell they know who they are. Of course a slut/whore/tramp will get pissed that she was exposed like the trash she is. By some of the comments it hit a little to close to home

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 4 years ago
Conflict?

I'm actually reading this before DeeDee, and I'm not sure I'll read that, but I agree that this would have been better as a confrontation between him and CeeCee.

26thNC26thNCabout 4 years ago

Reading again, especially the comments from the barely literate Vastie Smith crying about this story condemning the cheating wife. I just wish Josephus had burned her to the ground.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

Can't vote this higher than a 2 with no actual epilogue.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Not good

This is only half a story and a cop out ending

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
1

all he is doing is whining like a wimp. grow some balls and destroy her publicly and financially then kill the other man like a real man would!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
My Second Wife

My second wife mistakenly thought that since my first wife cheated on me, that she (my second wife) could cheat on me with my willing tolerance. She was wrong. Our marriage (on paper) lasted almost two years. But in actuality it was over just nine days after we said our vows and she came home from a 5-day orgy. Why must divorce courts drag out divorces?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Story seems entirely pointless. No resolution no other characters nothing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

why write.? I can truely say that you are a follower of the adage... Analysis without action is like mental masturbation! All talk and no action...this one is a big let down

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous