All Comments on 'Fom Iraq with Love'

by LuciousBi-Writes4U

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
EXCELLENT!!

Love this series...It is so realistic...my husband is there and this reminds me of us soooo much...i hope you'll make this a long and ivolved series! ;)

My Erotic TrailMy Erotic Trailabout 18 years ago
I agree, excellent

I like the duel tales, letters to the war and a letter home from a couple, for this is the touching times we endour. Excellent topic and perfectly written letter/story <grin

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
You've brought it all back

It's not Iraq. It's not a whole lot of places after 'Nam, Korea, or WWII. It's all of them combined. You have to understand that all of the emotions, feelings, and fears were and are present when our youth go to war.

For the warrior it's no sweat; he survived this battle or that.For her the horror is of not knowing!

During the war in 'Nam I spent many hours convincing my bride that it was no big deal and that we were in no danger. She didn't believe it for an instant but she accepted that my wish was to put her mind at ease.

So it goes. You've done a commendable job of portraying the problems.

Thank You. Ronnie W.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Thanks

My husband is over there as well, and this is such a tru portrayal of how they get along with out us... (well, maybe!!) Thanks again and keep them coming (cuming?).

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
for the warrior it's no WHAT?

No SWEAT? Are you kidding me? Tell me you're fucking telling a poorly sarcastic joke. It may be "no sweat" for the REMFs and Fobbies who have nothing better to do than make headaches for real soldiers, airmen, and marines but it's a fuckall of a lot worse for the poor Valiant Trooper (irony and tongue planted firmly in cheek there) of Das Republik that is busy actually SEEING the elephant face to "unarmed" "civilian" Taliban recon team. (As opposed to face to face...get it? K.) In that instance it's less "no sweat" more "do I fire on the ID'd spies (no uni/identifying colors or markers+combat ops/recon activities=spy=shoot on sight per Geneva convention) and thereby prevent them from phoning in the details of my unit's OP, numbers, armament, etc to unknown enemy forces who will then use that Intel to achieve the maximum possible degree of tactical advantage with which to assault and potentially devastate my command? Do I take said action despite my knowledge that doing so will almost certainly result in my prompt post engagement court martial, dishonorable discharge, and imprisonment for the insane charge of murder 1 in a live combat zone? Or do I abstain from that action, soak up the casualties that result, and, if I live, take my medal like a good little soldier? All the while hating myself, my civilian commanders and their appointees, and the monstrosity my beloved Army has become? That, my friend, is just a TINY example of the day to day clustershitfuck that combat personnel, as we now so euphemistically term them, must deal with. No sweat, indeed, you piece of quivering filth. It is those who remain BEHIND that face "no sweat", I assure you of that. And I'll go no further in " justifying" that absolutely undeniable statement of fact that you will choose to treat as opinion, and bigoted one at that, fool that you are, than saying this: any seasoned military wife worth her treasured ovaries would tell you the same Goddamn thing. No exceptions. Imbecile.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous