All Comments on 'The Paris Trip'

by Baxter72

Sort by:
  • 1 Comment
AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
writing too much?

Well Bax I have already scolded you about your plot lines that involve old men 'teachers' raping high school teenage students. If in fact you did teach English at college level, you must have had some very frustrating times standing in a classroom.

If you check my photo, you may realize that I have been to Europe many times, I have lived there, worked there, and I have in laws that live there now. Your Paris story reads like it was based on a travel guide. I suppose that, in Paris, it's possible to find a wine labeled Chardonnay at some Algerian food mart, but the chances are that you will find white Burgundy. French wines are not typically labeled per the varietal. And any Cognac fan would choose one of the unique brands that are not available in the states. I am not saying that your Paris based story lacks all sense of reality, it simply doesn't reflect my reality of Paris, such as images of the streets being hosed down every morning in May.

So what's my point with this bothersome comment? Bax, your story has many grammatical errors, such as 'come on it' when you should have typed 'in', or 'it my jacket', and so on. For a retired english professor, these mistakes are not trivial. At the Ohio Sate University, English 101, you would have received an F for this effort.

Bax, you are writing too much. You have submitted a string of tales this month, stories that needed additional proofing. And it shouldn't take but a few extra minutes to make the submissions as close to perfect as possible. When you claim to be an English professor, at the least you are going to be held to a much higher standard.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous