All Comments on 'After The Fact Ch. 03'

by S-Des

Sort by:
  • 578 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
I loved it!

Your chracters are great, as is your description of their mental processes. You avoided almost all of the extremes of the genre, and those that you portrayed were necessary to create the degree of desperation needed. I only wish that you had devised a more crushing revenge for Megan.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Very Nice

Nicely done. Keep up the good work.42F9

cageyteecageyteeabout 18 years ago
I enjoyed it very much!

The time you and your editor(s) took to make the story the way you wanted it, was well spent. I enjoyed the theme you set in the first few paragraphs, and then, the way you got back there with a few twists and turns in the plot.

I'm looking forward to reading more of your work.

I glad you didn't get distracted by all the anonymouses (anonymousii?) whose constant litany that does nothing to hide their own fears and insecurities and essentially does little but rail on that everyone should think the same way they do.

We have to keep reading them I think, because occasionally one or the other of them raises a valid issue and responding to those things will make us better writers.

cageytee

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
ending was better than I thought it would be

much beter than chapter 1 and 2...

you opened with John saying to the Bryan " I cant beleive how much of sluter se was..." whch set the stage for the next several scenes .

as I guy I can understand John saying I have to choose between the lessor of two evils... but clearly he wasnt REALLY ready for her to come back into their house

This next passage is clearly aimed at all those who think this guy was / is whimp for taking her back... I was one of them. But as a Guy I can understand the need to suck it and do the right thing for the kid (s)

"Something happened down there that she couldn't handle. I still hate what she did, but I don't believe she'll do it again. If I accept that it was a one-time incident, then I have to think about what you said to me about being a victim or a man. Some people would view a man as someone who wouldn't take crap off of anyone and would kick her to the curb, no matter what the consequences. Some would punish her for months or years before considering letting her come back. I decided that for me, being a man meant taking care of my daughter first. She needed Jenny home..."

The BEST part was the 1st sex between them when he tied to out perform what she got from the guy with the large cock in New Orleans....

Jenny said this which is nice but its not really 100% accurate

"You keep thinking I did this because of something you did wrong or that I wanted something you couldn't give me."

Her expression softened, "I have never regretted anything about our relationship other than the problems we were having. You are the best thing that's ever happened to me. I didn't have fantasies about other guys. I never felt like I was missing out on anything by being with you."

But then she said shw would have to live with what she did the rest of her life...

clearly she did get a lot of enjoyment out being ganged fucked... think about it. OK the 1st night she has drunk blah blah blah... the 2nd night she decides to trust megan again?

Lastly the revenge part on Megan is weak... he should of hired someone to beat and rape her.

gallatingallatinabout 18 years ago
Great ending

I'm glad this final chapter got published, even if it was late. This was a very believable and well written story. You could easily become one of the very popular authors on this site. Keep up the good work.

Blue88Blue88about 18 years ago
Nicely done

I enjoyed it. It was well thought out and well written. You took your time with the characters and made them believable. I hope that we'll be able to read more of your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
great story

great story ...i will holdit a a 75 as i dont think megan got enough back as far as punishment for her crimes...plus he still has not fucked her ass as he should have the first thing...and to make religion a part of whatbrought them back ...well im sorry but t ome religion is about as much trouble in this world as whatit is supposed to help... enough said keep up the writing ..now lol finish the supreme sacrifice story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
No Bad Guys in this story!!!!

Very unrealistic....take Danielle out of story...no story...take Bryan out of story...no story...and wow the punishment heaped on Megan...astounding.....and I think David should be the godfather when you put everything in perspective, not Steve... and if you say that's unrealistic ... then you know that it fits in with the entire story.

And while she is pregnant...let's tap that booty.

BTW...this is for Cageytree, sign me

Anonymous

But that's me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
A good solid story!

Well crafted, a nice length, and fairly complex.

It is clearly very well edited and you are to be commended for working with Angel Love and Josephus on this. A lot of new writers try to do it all by themselves, but everyone needs someone to take an arms-length perspective.

You should take pride in this effort!

DJ

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Really a Great Story

This was really a great story that I enjoy reading alot thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
So realistic

A very realistic story with plenty of characters that fit in properly. It would possibly have been better to have megan punished a bit more but still a very good story. I suspect very true.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
worked for me

liked this, no loose ends easy reading you don't need the story to be hard work. My only gripe was the time for the subsequeant chapters to be put on the site. Has a believable air to the story as well.

Well done

Risq_001Risq_001about 18 years ago
Nice end, but again I'm in the minority it seems

I have to say, by the time part 3 of this story started you had me feeling sorry for her too. I mean I really felt bad that she let it go this far. And thats not a bad thing, because it speaks well of your ability to draw on human emotions in your writing style.

But I have to ask this question:

Do you feel Divorce for any reason is acceptable?

That's not meant as an attack but a curious question. Based on a few snips from your story:

"Some people would view a man as someone who wouldn't take crap off of anyone and would kick her to the curb, no matter what the consequences. Some would punish her for months or years before considering letting her come back. I decided that for me, being a man meant taking care of my daughter first."

"'My' punishment of Jenny caused me guilt, hurt my relationship with her family, devastated my daughter and caused a rift between me and my closest friends. It had gotten better since I relented and let her see Dani again, but there was still awkwardness between me and the people who I had been closest to."

Those two quotes lead me to believe you don't. But I could be wrong, but I'm just curious though.

Another thing I noticed was (I'm sorry but I have to say the phrase) "Reconcilation at all cost" reasoning:

"I thought I was so safe, that Megan was watching out so that nothing could happen. I never could have imagined letting myself do those things."

This didn't fit the "I take all blame for that happened" conversation that she had with her husband in the park. It seemed out of place, like she was still keeping a way out so that the husband would still have an outlet for his anger. In these type of "all cost" stories the husband "HAS" to get even with someone, or extract a little bit of revenge and frustration out on someone, just long as it seems its not the wife. That is something else that always amazed me. I mean if the husband can forgive his wife for her part, why not everyone else who was involved. Why seek some form of revenge or closure at all with the other people involved? Why not just forgive, forget, and move on?

__________________

I was also curious about this quote:

"I married a strong, self-confident woman who changed my life. I don't want you to come back as someone who's willing to do anything for another chance. "

It's almost like the first two quotes, where one might think that anyone that expects someone who did cheat on their mate to try and make it to the wounded person is being petty. That seems strange, because most folks seem to feel for forgiveness to even start to take place, one must not only be sorry for what they have done, but they have to "Act" sorry. But this quote seems to suggest just the opposite. Maybe I just missed point in that one I guess.

And combined with the first two quotes it appears that the suggestion is that if someone cheats on you and you draw away from them for any reason your hurting everyone around you and forcibly making yourself miserable. The only course is to quickly forgive and go on. Specially with quotes like:

"I let my insecurities control me. I felt like a 15 year-old who just got shot down by the prettiest girl in school. "

___________________

While it was a good emotional piece, it felt more to me like an after school special chock full of life lessons, more than anything else.

I have to give you 95% on writing style, but the hidden morals seemed to really hamper the story for me.

That and using his child as a motivating factor for him in the 2nd story.

While this is a good story, any 'good' child pschylogoist will tell you that keeping a child in an enviroment where both parents are trying to get past cheating of one or more parents, and the one of them is having dificulty dealing with it, will cause more harm than the parents being seperated. If the parents can seperate amicably. If they can't, then it doesn't matter what happens, because the child will be effected. Keeping the house together at all cost for the kids can often be a bad thing as well.

wetapapwetapapabout 18 years ago
i said it once, i'll

say it again, damn good story. ending was a little weak, but I understand your attempt at one last emotional impact to wrap it up.

your insight throughout was fantastic, so humanistic and realistic for the couple and the circumstances.

this marriage definitely warranted reconciliation. they loved each other, wanted to work it out, and had a strong foundation to ‘remold the broken glass.’

i know you had to put your heart and soul into this one, hope you are able to do it again. it would be our loss if you don’t write another great one, a fan always.

PredatorXPredatorXabout 18 years ago
Loved it!!!

Simply loved it

Scorpio44Scorpio44about 18 years ago
Every rollarcoaster should have such an ending!

At the end of part 1 I wanted to kick your ass myself! Knowing there were two more chapters I cancelled an apointment and read them. You are good! Well told, crafted to perfection, and ended just as I would have such a story end.

If there were a higher rating I would have given it!

Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Well done

You did an excellent job of character development throughout the story. Was there some waffling in John's attitude, yes, but who wouldn't go through a range of emotions. His intitial attitude was extreme, but understandable, as was his reaction to the final video. Understanding her getting tricked was one thing, but watching her reaction was another. How could he just get it out of his mind, clearly a full reconciliation would take time.

I would also suggest that without the story of how she bolted on the 2nd nite, as corroborated in the stories from both David and Jenny was a major factor in allowing him to look at the best interest of the child in getting back together. Had he determined it was a long time thing, or that she was a more willing participant who stayed and played that nite, it would have been over.

Did I agree with the ending, I did feel that his misinterpretation of the phone call was overkill, but that did not in any way color my view of this story.

The only thing I may have liked to have seen more of, was the emotional range that Jenny went through, for all we got was observations of others.

Still, a well written, well thought out story. I know that I'll look forward to more from the author.

andrewpeters

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
WOW, WHAT A STORY AND THE ENDING WAS GREAT

This was one stroy that had it's ups and downs. I felt bad for John and Dani after the way Jenny had acted in New Orleans. But, on the other hand I felt bad for Jenny the way she was thrown out of their home and she let herself become a scarecrow. Then the good news. John took Dani to see Jenny and both of them were elated at seeing each other. Once Jenny came home, it was very touching to hear that Dani wanted Jenny and John to tuck her in and would not let Jenny go. The two of them were the best of friends and finally mother and daughter.

Yes, I did get a lump or two in my throat reading this story, but who didn't. If only other couples could work things out like this, then there wouldn't be so many divorces. I am speaking from experience on this fact.

Megan got her just reward because she was in love with Jenny and by her actions she lost not only her best friend, but Jenny as well. I do not feel sorry for her because if it were not for her there would not have been this excellent story, right? Actually, I am a romantic and like happy endings and this turned out just great.

Overall, it was one of the best stories that I have read in the "Loving Wives" catagory.

gizzmo301gizzmo301about 18 years ago
great

what a story what an ending.. very very good

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Well done.

I'm not even going to try to analyze this. It was well written and I liked it. Thank you S-Des. Nuff said.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
One Little Problem

For all the talk about trust and such, it is apparent that she not only told her sister Steve and Sharon she was pregnant before. It's one of those spur of the moment things that get passed over but when he has time to think should become obvious.

Longhorn__07Longhorn__07about 18 years ago
Pretty Darn Good

Very good story, S-Des. Like others, I was dubious about whether the wife could have been drunk enough to engage in inappropriate activities to the extent she did, but still be able to remember it the next morning. I understood alcohol is a drug that lowers inhibitions. There are too many studies that confirm that for anyone to deny it. Then I saw that what Megan had done in blindfolding and stroking Jenny repeatedly from all directions. It's called seduction, but it's really a recognized technique in hypnosis. Very good little twist there.

Technically, I think the story was extremely well done. The dialogue was believable, the plot and action was plausible, and there were no non sequiturs that I could detect. A good read from beginning to end and a storyline the writer obviously poured a lot of heart into. I was invested emotionally in the story right from the start. Kudos, S-Des.

FireFox59FireFox59about 18 years ago
Good Job

Enjoyed it! Looking forward to more stories from you. Thanks!!!

Kanga40Kanga40about 18 years ago
Really good story

you even made the "impossible' ending credible.

But why? Oh why, did you then spoil the whole story by having Jenny tell half the world about her pregnancy before she told John??

How can that be in keeping with their 'set in concrete', deal breaker, no secrets vow?

That's right - it doesn't, and as someone mentioned below - when John thinks about it he should be heartily pissed about it.

Jenny did some pretty stupid things that weekend away, but this one, after all her professed contrition, takes the cake.

Does your editor not point out these sorts of plot inconsistencies to you?

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 18 years ago
Sad story, but very well written

Good wrap up - glad to see John get some revenge on the perp (Megan) and he did make the right decision to go for it taking Jenny back. Actually the revenge was pretty realistic - he had to have been tempted to do much worse to her. I think I would have taken her for a 1-way boat ride into the Gulf of Mexico. You also did a credible job establishing Megan's motive. The events detailed in Ch 03 make John's asking Jenny for forgiveness in Ch 02 all the more appropriate.

Overall your story is very good - shows the pain that one evil, selfish person can wreck upon three innocent people. John made errors but didn't deserve the horrid pain he went through, poor Jenny didn't deserve what happened to her (bad judgment in who she trusted but she would have never set out to do what happened), and Dani didn't do anything wrong at all.

Was very moving when he gave her the adoption papers (and the good sex) -that was the high point of your series. That more than anything he could have done told her that he trusts her again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Loved it

Thanks for the writing this story, I was waiting for the new installments to arrive. I'm looking forward to more new stories from you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
good, but lots to question

I don’t want to reread the whole thing so I’ll just trust my memory.

There were enough inconsistencies to make me uncomfortable.

Why did she tell at least 3 people she was pregnant before him given their agreements and issues about talking about everything? She waited to tell him. That artifice allowed him to misunderstand so more misdeeds could be piled up on his end to try to counterbalance her actions.

But, he seemed to be saying none of it was her fault. The first night they were working on her and she was just the victim of a successful seduction. Yet, he says they only have been working together 4 months so she couldn’t expect trust to be regained so quickly. So why doesn’t he trust her if it wasn’t her fault? That’s like not trusting someone because they got hit by a car.

But the absolution for the first night is misplaced. She said she knew he would be angry (I don’t remember the word) that she had been partying with the two guys and had them back in her hotel room. Saying that strongly implies that she knows it was wrong. If she didn’t think it was wrong, she would say, “I know he’ll be angry but that’s wrong. He should trust me to put myself in a vulnerable position because I would never do anything wrong.” Then she is saying it’s just his insecurity, but she believes it is acceptable because she knows she would never do anything like, I don’t know, screwing two guys. She believed Megan would have her back. Why did she need Megan to have her back if she knew she would never do anything like that?

She told him it hurt the next morning. That was supposed to show she didn’t enjoy the wild night. It only showed she didn’t realize there might be a price for being so active. She clearly loved it from her reactions on the tape. Then she said she wasn’t looking for it so he didn’t have to compete. But they obviously gave her pleasure he could never hope to match. Both of them will always know and remember that. Alcohol, lowers inhibitions. It doesn’t change your basic nature. It may allow something you would like to do but for being unwilling to bear the consequences. I don’t think she would have done something abhorrent to her just because her inhibitions were lowered. If you would never do it, lack of inhibition doesn’t change that, it doesn’t provide new motivations. Loss of inhibition just removes the fear on consequences. I believe, at some level, this was something she wanted to do, but wouldn’t on her own because she might get caught and knew that would hurt him. The alcohol just removed the fear. So much for her free pass on the first night.

Then, he discovers that the drug she took, combined with alcohol, caused her to act that way again. I guess we’re talking about loss of inhibition again. We don’t know the drug so the specific concerns of mixing with alcohol are unknown and I can’t comment on that. But, after going through a night where alcohol caused her to be in a position of supposed self loathing, and, in her mind, the likely loss of her marriage, why is she drinking at all? She learned less than 24 hours ago that she lacks the judgment to limit her consumption to below an amount that lets her conscience out the window. Is the best place to learn to judge her limits a party with other women drinking beyond their inhibitions at a club with male strippers in an environment that encourages out-of-character behavior? This seems like the exact place, given what had just happened, not to drink at all. I’d be willing to say, as John, that the drugs and alcohol may well have intoxicated her to the point she didn’t know what she was doing, let alone do it because she had some interest. But she did put herself voluntarily in a situation she knew could cause her to act the way she had the night before. In fact, no matter how any drinker may try, and even be able to explain and excuse their behavior on the basis of lack of control, they knowingly put themselves in that situation knowing what could, and likely will, happen as a result.

The only situation she didn’t trust herself in that whole weekend, was the wedding itself. Did she fear she would drink too much a third time that weekend after the ceremony? If she had that fear, why didn’t she have it the night before? I guess it was meant to show some kind of knowledge of culpability, but it just didn’t make sense to me.

I don’t understand the need to reclaim, but then I’ve never been in that situation. From what I read, it is instinctive so I guess I won’t quarrel with that, though it seems to me to be the least of their worries.

I don’t think I buy the anorexia either. If we accept her premise that John and Dani are the most important things in the world to her, how does she benefit them by killing herself slowly? She doesn’t. Anorexia shouts look at me. Think about me. Care about me. I’m what’s important and you should be focusing all your attention on taking care of me. That precludes any concern for them except for they can provide for her psychological and emotional needs. It is the ultimate in selfishness. The rest of her behavior and character portrayed in the story don’t paint her that way. She is shown to be loving, supportive and concerned with the welfare of the two of them.

Unless there is something hidden about her activity after she returned, why didn’t she seek professional help? He finally took her for unprofessional help and they were directed to a professional after she moved back in. But we are told she is devastated over her behavior and what it has caused. She doesn’t understand it and she doesn’t know why she did it and, therefore, whether she might ever do it again. In that situation, how could she not get help to understand it and avoid it in the future? She might even get a chance to talk about it with John at some point. Isn’t she in a much better position if she can provide that explanation and give that reassurance? In view of the havoc she has wrought, her intelligence and education, I don’t understand how that could not have been at the top of her list of priorities.

Her behavior and attitude changed for months before the trip to New Orleans. It was mentioned but no importance attached to it except to indicate that Megan was working on her longer than was immediately obvious. But that’s months of ignoring the evidence of who he really was and how he really acted toward her; months of reducing her trust of him for no observable reason. Perhaps if they had never gone to New Orleans, Megan would have succeeded in breaking them up because her manipulations were going along just fine. There would have been no event to cause her to distance herself from Megan, no event for John to discover until it was too late and she eventually informed him it just wasn’t working. This was a very significant trend and would seem to show how easily she could be influenced to discount his value as a partner and probably contributed to her (according to my thinking) interest in allowing herself to become intoxicated enough to take action that subconsciously validated ultimately replacing him with someone who didn’t have the deficits Megan was convincing her John had. Megan’s ability to influence her over those months is not a testament to Megan’s brilliance, but to Jenny’s lack of belief in John. That alone, drawn out over however long it took to complete, should have been enough to make him question whether they had a future together, yet it is used by her as a mitigating factor.

This all points out how important it is to have an editor who not only looks to correct grammar, spelling and usage, but plot and consistency problems. I ask my editors to look for those things because writing a complete, consistent story is very hard. And the writer is least able to recognize whether he has put on paper what he understands the story to be. He is burdened by the bias of knowing what it’s supposed to be.

I thought this was a good, pretty well written story. If it were not, I wouldn’t have bothered to comment or would have simply said good or bad.

I also thought the author’s True Meaning Of Sacrifice 01 was a very good start, though it set him a very difficult task of trying to keep them together, alive and not in jail.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Surpise

I loved this story in spite of the fact John forgave Jenny. In almost any circumstance I believe cheating has to mean the end of the relationship. This story makes a good case for forgiveness. It's hard for me to agree with the author and vote it a 5 because of the great writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
a wonderful story!

thank you so much!i could hardly wait for each chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Dissapointing from Chapter 1 through 3

Boy, you write well, but you stretched credibility to the reaking point in CH.1 and kept right on piling on more flights of fancy. These characters must be from another planet, they sure do not behave or talk like people from earth.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
You f 'ing rule

You have moved into my top 5 favorite authors. I can't remember ever waiting so impatiently for a next chapter before. For a new writer, you are able to convey so many levels of feelings and make your characters so emotionally complex. You bring up issues that other authors never think of dealing with. And, this is the first time I can ever remember hoping the two people would get back together. (yes, I belong to that large cult of 'kick the bitch out and make her suffer' Literotica readers. But Jenny was a dream woman who made a mistake. I want to marry her!

I only have 2 problems with the entire story, and they both happened on the last page: One has been dealt with by several posters - Jenny telling everyone else about the baby before telling John. I would be devestated if my friends found out about me being a dad before I did. Second - I don't know whether you did it intentionally, but I DESPISE when authors shift back and forth between first and third person narration. The entire story was told from John's point of view, then suddenly the last section was told in the third person. Unlike a lot of stories where the author carelessly does this in the middle of the story, it almost worked in yours. But for me, it took away from the ending. I would have preferred to see the excitement of John's learning about impending fatherhood through his eyes.

But it is still one of my all time favorite Literotica stories, and miles ahead of your first submission. You are growing quickly as an author; please continue to gift us with your work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
very well done!

This story was very moving and involving; like other readers, I checked each morning to see if the next installment had appeared yet!

Unlike many of the others who made comments, I don't think that telling the author "you should have done it this way, the character should have done X instead of Y" is very useful, so I'm not going to do that.

Rather I just want to say congratulations and thank you. You made us care deeply about the characters and their situation. I look forward to more of your excellent writing!

ohio

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Excellent Story!

You put together a credible outcome. It turns out that Jenny was really responsible for Friday night and the pills with alcohol was responsible for Saturday. However, I still have a problem with Jenny staying in New Orleans after Friday night. She could have went to a motel near the airport or anywhere to clear her head and take stock of her life out of control. But she is young, married only 2 years and this was the first time away from John.

When it is all said and done it was up to John to take her back which was reasonable since she did not try to hide anything. One point you were making during the sex between John and Jenny was that once the spouse see the cheating spouse on film it is very hard to get over it. You did an excellent job of enabling John to get over it.

If John and Jenny had parted that would have been ok since they tried everything they could to get past it.

Thanks for an excellent story and I await your next submission.

SleeplessinMD

peggytwittypeggytwittyabout 18 years ago
You have done a magnificent job of writing.

There is little to add to all the wonderful and some negative comments you have received.

To me the most important thing is Dani was always put first in John’s decisions. That’s’ a man taking his most important responsibility first, as he’s trying to sort through all the other pain.

Needless to say in one paragraph you answered John’s characters long hard look at what being a real man was to him.

"Something happened down there that she couldn't handle. I still hate what she did, but I don't believe she'll do it again. If I accept that it was a one-time incident, then I have to think about what you said to me about being a victim or a man. Some people would view a man as someone who wouldn't take crap off of anyone and would kick her to the curb, no matter what the consequences. Some would punish her for months or years before considering letting her come back. I decided that for me, being a man meant taking care of my daughter first. She needed Jenny home."

Last is the emotional roller coaster John’s character went through every waking hour. This is real life, showing almost total confusion putting up with everyone’s opinion on what’s best for John and Dani’s life. John had to make decisions in an unresolved emotional state.

You have put a new style into this genre. I for one applaud the reality of religion in your story. Life is now being shown with more depth and truth in this story.

When you receive so many comments on a story the worst is people read your story the best is most liked your story and all seemed to appreciate your writing talent.

Please do not ever count the points you receive as that’s run by people preferences, and not the story or your writing ability. You definitely have made the grade of a wonderful Author.

I thank you for your great story and most of all you wonderful writing.

With much respect

Peggytwitty

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Excellent! Its all about being human!

In India, we don't talk about breakups easily, neither do we talk easily about extra marital relationship. But yes, sometimes things happen which are out of your control - yes I know, many of your readers might disagree.Faithfulness, is something like school discipline, and you are bound to turn up late someday or another. Is it the physical act of having sex with someone else that constitutes unfaithfulness, or is it also fantasizing about someelse while in bed with your loved ones. What I am trying to say is that unfaithfulness is both physical and mental. So please do not try to get rational about everything. Rationality destroys the finer human emotions.

Size of tool, skill of lovemaking, performance aren't the only things that matter - (And I would credit author for pointing it out) its the love with which you hold your loved one that counts. And look at our behaviors in our daily life - while we appreciate the handmade greeting cards and all that, we never appreciate the woman or man we claim to love. We never let him or her realize what she means in our lives.

There are moments of weaknesses in each and everybody's life and that one surrendered to it doesn't makes you the judge - as you have never encountered those conditions. Everyone, yes I mean everyone call fall from grace, given an opportunity or circumstances to do it.

Its all very good to stand at ringside and make all kinds of comments, but when it comes to self, how many people can make the right kind of decision, espescially when they are in some kind of excited state.

Overall a very good story.

Nightowl22Nightowl22about 18 years ago
Excellent ending,

Considering all of the salient points, he made the right choice by bringing her home. Excellent writing of the emotions involved. John finally brings his thoughts around to the warm loving feeling she wants and needs.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
A good story

I thought the story was good from start to finish. You made the characters and situation real for me. Thank you and please write more.

JoesephusJoesephusabout 18 years ago
I loved it!

Since I was out of the country, I've had to wait until today to read the whole story as it's currently written. I loved it! One might argue that taking Jenny back was a mistake, but that's the point, it would be an argument not an unassailable position. Personally, I would argue that not to take her back would be very damaging to the child.

I loved the process and I loved the pills. I could not figure out a way to justify a second adultery. The pain pills make sense. I want to quibble about the whore with a heart of gold, (the male stripper) but it's just a quibble. I think it would be almost impossible not to hate a man who had done those things to my wife, but for him it wasn't personal and I certainly wouldn't have hated the female prostitute for turning a trick with a married man, even possibly taking advantage of him. In any event, the husband needed to rein in his anger to accomplish his goal. I do understand not taking revenge on the guy.

Finally, I loved the way you treated the child. She's wonderful, I hope to have a daughter just like her some day. I also look forward to your next story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Anonymous "good, but with lots to question"Had it

summarized; the story/author's a good writer, a good story teller, so we don't need to waste time saying any thing about it,,,

for an intelligent "analysis," read the anone reviewer on the 15th, "good, but with lots to question." he/she touched on most of the fundamental points, so if i had to write a review, i'd use hi/her's, except the last 2 or so lines with regard to another story by S-Des, on some Meaning of Sacrifice or something, which I've not read so I can't comment on,,,

again, reviewer, THAT'S a freakin' good piece of review, much more substantial and more meaningful --- and will benefit any author/writer --- than one of these glowin' and thus non-critical pieces of "man, you rulz; I can't give you enough points," what-not reviewers,,,

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 18 years ago
another Stupid RECONCILIATION story at all costs

well written but the story line / plot is fucking joke...

Jenny has a beautiful little girl at home... who has laready lost 1 mom to cancer.. so Jenny goes to New Orelans and never calls home 1 time?

She gets amazingly drunk fucks around .... and feels so bad about it she decides NOT to call home a second day?

Third.... if she had that much alcohol then she would not be able to remember and would of ended up in the ER. Clearly she did remember it.

The second note is a killer.... there is no way to reconcile. Its over

rd23rd23about 18 years ago
Good and Bad

Very well written I also liked the way you described everything so as not to leave anyone guessing. However I can't agree with most parts of the story, especially with him taking her back, I know that the people in the story are fictional but I also know that there are guys out there who really are that dumb, and what worries me is that they are allowed to vote and drive cars. In the story the husband was told that is wife was drugged, but yet from the events that took place it doesn't sound to me that she was drugged, even if she was and was so upset about it happening why was she able to get over it so quick and have a great time the next night and allow it to happen again? Her husband made the right choice at first by kicking her out but then seemed to get dumber by the day, the only reason his wife wanted to go back with him was because she knew if he divorced her she would lose and would have to start her life over again, and he was dumb enough to take her back, the only other reason I can see is that he didn't want to put his daughter through the pain of losing someone close to her again, and decided to put her feeling ahead of his. But how happy can he really be doing that? If you ask me he seems to hell bent on making everyone happy but himself.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
I liked it very much too

I'm a sucker for a happy ending. I thought you could have ended it at the end of Chpt. 3, Page 3, but the continuation was fine too. I do have to point out to the person who stated that the wife was suffering from anorexia is wrong. If you refer to the DSM-IV regarding severe depression, you will see that a classic syptom of depression is a weight loss of 45 pounds. Having had my heart broken twice in succession and dropping from 230 to 178 over a period of months, I can tell you (with some amazement) that the psychiatrists have the weight loss thing dead on.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
A problem I have with these stories in general ...

...and yours in particular, is that a spouse, in my opinion, doesn't have the right to withdraw into the stance, "Oh, with you it's lovemaking, and with him/them it was just sex."

Jenny eloquently explains why John's effort to please her more than did her triad is simply a more convoluted variant of this tired and tiresome stance. She forfeits the right to such psychobabble once she's parted her thighs for other people.

This is a primal feeling, S-Des, and where both character and author have made an error---an understandable one, one that many [especially wrong-headed feminists] might think isn't ... but a grievous error, nonetheless.

A spouse, under reasonable circumstances, should expect---and, moreover, require---that he or she be not only the great love of someone's life, but the best fuck they've ever had, too.

Frankly, any man who's genuinely a man, as opposed to being of the male gender, wants and has a right to hear two things from his woman: One, "I love you more than anyone I've ever loved" ... and two (and admittedly, this is vulgar), "You are the best lover/it is the best sex I've ever had; you pound my pussy like no one else ever has. You are a magical stud, and you make me come like a freight train into Dodge City."

*That* is what Jenny denies John in that scene, and in my opinion, it diminishes him further [no pun intended] that he let her slide on it.

Overall, though, an excellent effort.

txrosenaynaytxrosenaynayabout 18 years ago
Just....

wonderful...great ending but the whole story moved me at points to the old misty eye thingy and not alot does that to me but there were just some things that was so wonderfully well put and deserved the time you gave them...i was glad to see you didn't rush or push thru this but of course you never do*smile* look forward to reading more new stories soon..hopefully *smile* thanks again respectfully fan in Texas naynay

bartdogbartdogabout 18 years ago
very well written

i think you did a great job! not enough sex for me..lol..but it was well written and a great story!

nick

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Extremely Good

Not withstanding the adverse comments, I think this was an extremely well written, well reasoned story.

Fiction is not life and life is not fiction. I can well imagine the scenerio you have depicted happening. If you love someone, love doesn't simply go out the window when something goes wrong. It may be damaged, it may be damaged beyond repair, but it doesn't simply stop.

In my opinion, and only my opinion, folks who get really upset about their wife/partner straying are not truly in touch with reality. Just because a woman allows someone to stick a penis in her doesn't necessarily mean she doesn't love him. The totality of circumstances need to be considered.

A wife/woman is not a possession. They have lives, personalities and opinions of their own. They are entitled to such. If a man or woman is unfaithful, then both parties need to look at their relationship and figure out what is wrong with it - and almost all of the time it is both parties fault, not just one person's.

Men don't seem to get upset about sticking it to another woman, why the hell should they get upset about a woman allowing someone to stick it to them? I suspect it is because a woman must allow a man to penetrate their body - the man's possession.

I will get off my soapbox now.

A very well written story, and well reasoned.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Another well written complex story

Well done once again. You sure have the knack for complex plots and character development.

Good job!

shangoshangoalmost 18 years ago
You've been stroked enough

So I won't feel as if I'm piling on with my comments. This story made no sense. She was supposedly drugged/drunk both times. That's it? That excuse never worked for me! Oh, the difference was she got drugged/drunk w/a friend? Damn, why didn't I think of that? So she regretted what happened and flew home and immediately confessed to her Husband? Yerrrrrrrrr OUT!! No reconciliation was possible and still be man, despite what your glad-handlers posted.

saw_man1saw_man1almost 18 years ago
Outstanding

This was an excellent series. From start to finish it held my attention. The writting was great and the emotions were raw.

Very well done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Gifted Storytelling

Damn.......... Your good.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Real life

When I had read the first part I posted a comment with the same title. In it I stated my view that stories don't have to relate to real life and that that first part certainly didn’t. On that score nothing has changed.

He is led to believe that something she took to so naturally was a one off. A likely story?

She is secretive even about her pregnancy. Either she is of low fertility or they had used contraception in the short relatively successful period of their marriage. We know he is fine; he has already got an infertile woman pregnant. In real life the approach to parenthood is something a couple shares. They would have talked about her problems if that was the explanation of the failure or made a joint decision to give up contraception. In any event a husband is familiar with the woman's cycle; he would know when she missed a period that she might be pregnant; he would naturally expect to be present at the test.

If it were possible to conceal her expectations she would be unreasonable if she were certain that he was going to be pleased to have the news dumped on him as she plans.

Maybe his way of ditching her was a bit brutal but her action and the company in which she chose to perform it were disgusting. I don't go on the view that he should necessarily have asserted his masculinity; better a happy wimp than a sad turd but she is a real no-hoper and the only thing is to send her back to the woman lover and the sex industry.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Great Story

I have never been so moved by a porn story. The characters seemed very real and the story compelling.

grizbearmtgrizbearmtover 17 years ago
She Flopped

Though it was a well-written story and the characterizations had volume, I am going to have to agree with shanko.

You did have your characters each having their own opinions and there was a certain amount of conflict between the two, that part was okay.

Your Bryan character I did like a lot. Instead of as in so many stories with counselors in them, the Bryan did actually have something to say.

What killed the whole story were the alcohol part, and the part about her being teased to a point of no return. That made the whole story unrealistic, and made me question everything that your heroine did from there on out.

Alcohol is a sedative and as such can lessen inhibitions… but only lessen inhibitions to a point. After that the person is out cold. Still, where there is no desire, there is no need for inhibitions. Therefore there had to be a desire for her to be doing what she was doing. Otherwise (Subjective Chance) she would have put a stop to the whole affair long before anything happened.

The excuse in the story that she was trying to help her friend get laid by two guys is also extremely weak. Two guys who pick up girls in a dance bar need to be seduced? That’s just weak.

Thirdly, I have never in my life heard of anyone being physically manipulated into a state of arousal that they changed their sexual preferences, desires and wants. Every orgasm I have ever had, I have had to want, and to work for.

Therefore, in examination of her behavior, you did not objectively examine how & why she would react to the stimulus around her, her subjective behavior. Her personality and behavior was all over the place, and nowhere, where it should have been, had she reacted in character.

I’m sorry, but the characterization of her killed the story for me. Here the quality of your writing skills did not help you.

bornagainbornagainover 17 years ago
most loving

S-Des i really think you did a great ending i noticed John sounding down while waiting in the waiting room waiting for the baby im glad john fixed meagans wagon so she kept away from jenny i give you 100 keep up the great work.

Pat Murray

Atlanta,Ga.

bornagainbornagainover 17 years ago
Incredible story

S-Des You did a stupendus job writing the story i loved the writing in the baby that John deserved in making Dani and Jenni happy and the humour in John and Brian when was talking to John you did a great job in the editing in the story.

Pat .

Atlanta,Ga.

Average-JoeAverage-Joeover 17 years ago
This was a really great story

I probably said it before but I cant help repeating myself. Just read it again and I like it just as much this time as I did the first. Thanks again for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
First Rate

A POWERFUL, sobering, chilling, heart/gut wrenching reminder of how sexual sin destroys the lives of so many people. Everyone needs to be very careful in choosing business associates, friends, neighbors, and especially spouses. AND, strong feelings of right and wrong notwithstanding, there is a need to investigate the "big picture" and not go off "half-cocked." There are three main ingredients to a marriage relationship - communication, communication, and communication.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Beautiful

Outstanding !

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Great story

Thanks for a lovely story. It was rearly uplifting .Keep up the good work.

ReduxBlueReduxBluealmost 17 years ago
Twists and turns

Great story, but you really beat the hell out of your characters. They all went through a lot of pain and grief just trying to get back to where they were. I'm surprised that you really didn't have John explain to her that she'd been drugged the second time. You exposed a lot of issues that I wouldn't have thought of especially during their association discussion. She knew him a lot better than he knew her. Too bad the guy was always shell shocked (grin). Thanks for a loving story!

acs_1acs_1almost 17 years ago
Amazing work

This was a wonderful tale. I didn't agree too much with some of the characters because I felt John was ganged up against a little too much. How could even his closest friends not see his point of view was beyond me. The problems he was having were very real, and his concerns justified. This was such a touch and go situation, but instead of support, he recieved the opposite. The preacher could also have been a little less harsh on him in some of their meetings. I didn't feel much of his advice was ballanced. Ultimately though, I appreciate the sheer effort you've put into creating such a compex tale, and you kept the dialogue fresh and realistic. Thank you.

bornagainbornagainalmost 17 years ago
A Great Story

A great and moving story please continue with this moving story.

Pat

YeatsYeatsover 16 years ago
Precious

This story was wonderful and such stories are so often filled with sex, sex, sex that they get spoiled. This was beautfully balanced and I must tell you VERY gripping. I may need ulcer pills I was so worried for a while. lol

As for Dani, such little girls I sometimes think fell off a cloud in Heaven and we got lucky. :-)

rooster1rooster1over 16 years ago
Well it's easy to tell

that Sharon is not John's friend b/c it takes her just a short while to come back & blast Him about how cruel He was to poor little Jenny. It seems that no matter how wrong a woman is Her girlfriends will stick to Her defense till death & beyond with no regard as to how devastated the husband is She still ripped right into John with no hesitation. If it was me in that position that would be the last time I ever spoke to Shsron & Steve She chose sides in something that She should have remained out of entirely, plus I would have let her know that it was Her attack that insured that the tape would be distrubited & one of the first copies would be Her's just so she could see for herself what She was blindly defending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Well written

Love,sex,treachery,non consensual sex,etc. This tale has them all and all as usual excellently done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Good Job. You are really a writer. Lots of work..

...in this one. Congratulations.

--Chris

irchristo@yahoo.com

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
A Great Story!!

Very well written story, at first I didn't think it was going to end well, but then such a happy ending, was very good!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Bravo!!!

With this story you have redeemed a category that has deteriorated to simply unintelligible drivel.

You show that love and lust are totally different things,

and that even though love can survive betrayal,trust is a much more delicate thing. So many authors don't bother trying to show real feelings and resort to cuckoldry as an easy way to write a story that is nothing more than pornography, You show that real feelings are what truly make a story erotic.

I only hope some other writers will read and learn from your examples. Well Done indeed!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Awh

He should have ruined Megan, the lawsuit and all. That he should have done while being split up with Jenny. He should have kicked that sorry son of a gun Steven right out of his cozy job too. It's never size that proves anything, determination, motive, and who is right will win. If you lose then you can't have had those qualities from the beginning. I'm not happy with this guy. To take Jenny back seemed right as she was being manipulated, but not before getting those other bastards straight. And if Megan would have had an 'accident' to help her 'conscience' on the way, Sh* :) that's f*ng life Cheers Yoron.

arghjacarghjacalmost 16 years ago
Second time read and still I loved it.

As an author that has written in this category I recognise how hard it is to get sex in tune with romance and realism. I really think you have succeeded so well.

Martyr2002Martyr2002over 15 years ago
Over all a well writen story

Like a few others though there were parts that didn't work for me at all. The alcohol/drugs as an excuse didn't work and the repeat performance from Friday to Saturday was really telling at what her true personality was. Him not being allowed to have what others call "re-claim your mate" sex was very destructive for the relationship. He's not allowed to re-assert himself as her mate! Now thanks to her little destructive jaunt they are stuck forever in this damaged relationship where he looks weak and cuckolded. You know he is going to want to prove he is the best lover for her, bad enough he has to compete with a foursome, but now there are acts that they can never perform because she will forever think he's trying to outdo one of her partners from that weekend. I think that if she loved him HALF as much as she said she did, she should have divorced him. Obtained his forgiveness as much as he could grant it and then go back to New York and start over. Let him rebuild his love life as best he could with a new person. I understand he was miserable without her, he loved her, or his image of her anyway. Of course seeing the real her hurt, how could it not? It hurt both of them to discover what she was really capable of. Second last comment on plot: those so-called friends of theirs should have been told where to go and how to get there in short order....they were really her friends not his. Lastly the secret pregnancy everyone else knew about before he did should have incensed him to no end, hurt him at the very least. His acceptance of this behavior made him appear weaker.

zed0zed0over 15 years ago
Wimp!

Well written but very long wimp out. I hate wimps!

maninconnmaninconnover 15 years ago
Nicely done

I really liked this story. I do believe in rising above one's jealousy to secure love, and you illustrated that nicely.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Megan should have gotten a better punishment...

The only thing that would have made this one a better read is if Megan got hers in the end. I kept waiting for something bad to happen to her, but in the end she pretty much got off scott free. Yeah, she lost her "love", but really she deserved much more. Outside of that though great job, made me actually feel for the characters which is a rare treat.

Tearsofsorrow2Tearsofsorrow2over 15 years ago
Poor story from start to finish

This is one of worst stories I have ever read. The wife is a complete slut, that the author contrives to make us feel sorry for at every turn. She did not cheat one day on her husband by an entire weekend. If she had any regrets they would have happened on Saturday and she would have returned and apologized to her husband. But she is a whore and she didn't. Everyone of Paul's so call friends are completely unbelievable. 100% of your friends say you should take the lying cheating slut back? That is a load of bullshit. The marriage counselor/pastor would have his license revoke for half the things the writer has him say. A very unrealistic character. Finally the husband starts out by doing just what needs to be done. And then turns full circle and apologizes for being cheated on and takes the whore back. Tha absolute worst story I have ever read.

Alvaron53Alvaron53over 15 years ago
One of my very favorites

I've no idea how many times I've read this story, must be a dozen or more. Each time I've wanted to comment but the storytelling is so good that I felt my comments wouldn't do it justice. I offer a few insights that I think sets this Loving Wives tale apart.

<P>

The author's skill is paramount when he shows us each character's perception of the infidelity, how each of them viewed the event in the context of their life and their feelings. This is consummate craft because in most LW tales, only the cheated-upon spouse gets to tell their side of it. Here, S-Des delves deep into the minds and hearts of the characters to show us their thoughts and feelings. What's even more amazing is that both characters begin with mistaken beliefs about the event. John slowly unravels what really happened in New Orleans and realizes as the story progresses that what he thought had happened wasn't what had transpired. Sure, Jenny was unfaithful but it wasn't deliberate nor planned. This discovery plants the seed of reconciliation that the author carefully tends throughout the tale. Jenny's perception of the event also changed. She perceived the cause for her cheating as a moral weakness but, in fact, she was drugged and coerced. That this was done by a friend with ulterior motives never occurred to her. When Jenny discovers the truth about Megan, she's both furious and disgusted, a true indicator of Jenny's basic goodness. It's fine craft by the author to steer us through the development of the two main characters in such an absorbing fashion.

<P>

Harry labeled the story "<I>another Stupid RECONCILIATION story at all costs</I>." I could not disagree more. There is no "at all costs here" because John considered permanent separation more than once as a viable option. In Harry's view, no reconciliation is ever acceptable, and forgiveness is never an option, no matter the circumstances. It's small-minded, provincial and dehumanizing. It has to be these things because, if one allows the characters to be real people, as they are in S-Des's story, it's difficult to vilify and damn them.

<P>

My thanks to one of my favorite authors for one of very best Loving Wife stories on the site.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 15 years ago
Sorry Alvaron' Your analysis is shallow

Alvaron... you wrote a great review. I was very impressed. My only questions is What story were you reviewing because it as as shit was not THIS one !!

<br></br>

since you mentioned ME -- again by name -- let me clarify why your review misses the Point.

<br></br>

What I pointed were HUGE gaping holes in the plot that were NEVER answered.

<br></br>

1) How does Jenny with a beautiful little girl at home... that has already lost 1 mom to cancer... NOT call home? <b>Jenny does NOT call home any of the 3 days she is in the Big easy.</b>

<br></br>

Not once.

<br></br>

2) OK her friend drugged and raped her. Jenny the next morning realizes what her " friend" did... so what does Jenny do? <b> She goes back in a SOBER state and has ANOTHER drug alcohol sex party!?!?!?! </b>

<br></br>

Jenny's actions for the 2nd day are <b>never </b> explained. The author has Jenny saying she didnt come home b/c she felt guilty and couldNOT face what she had done.

<br></br>

OK. But <b>that does NOT explain why she STILL showed up at their party a 2nd time. And of course the idiot Husband never asks that question </b>

<br></br>

I am NOT asking for an explanation I like... but at least something that explains this Huge plot hole.

<br></br>

3) that issue of that much alcohol.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Well Done

In my 65 years I have been a paid editor working my way through school. Since 1972 I have been a licensed shrink in Michigan. I read these sites because I enjoy them and with a wife 20 years younger than me it helps me keep up with her desires. That and the bio identical hormone program I am on.

Besides my professional history I have had life experiences similar to the story. I have had relationships that were monogamous, ones that were poly and ones that involved play with other with full consent. In my opinion what is best for a relationship is very individual to the couple and no one else can know what kind of boundaries and limits will suit and will work the best.

Anyway, I LOVED and HONORED the story. It is technically strong with few spelling errors, sentence fragments and run on sentences. The syntax flows and it is highly readable.

My main comments have to do with the events, people's feelings and the consequences and choices. The reason I added my history to it was to give my comments more weight.

I have disliked intensely those stories that the spouse gets all vengeful and acts hatefully. Yes love and hate are intense emotions and can be felt about the same person easily.

The opposite of both is indifference. That is part of the meaning that the best revenge is served cold or that the best revenge is a life lived well. That means that the person hurt becomes indifferent to the one doing the hurting.

For me, the story shows what true love is, what real love is. It does not try to minimize any hurt. It does not avoid what having trust blown asunder will do to someone. It does not try to trivialize the blow to the partner who is cuckolded and the effect on performance.

This is a story about real people and how to show real love while working through great pain. It is not about somehow going off half cocked because they have been dishonored. WHen I read comments like the one that said she did not do it for one day but a weekend; she is a slut and needs to be punished. It is not for love that would happen but for the idea that one's possession has been violated.

I do not have a problem with a couple that chooses monogamy. But let us know what motivates certain behaviors if that agreement is broken. Then what is the response of the party who broke it. That should have some bearing too.

When I do premarital counseling I ask couples what is the limit of monogamy. Is it speaking to a person of the opposite sex, going to lunch, hugging etc. Is it doing one of these without the partner present. Is it the same with the same sex?

I have noted over the years that for men it is a physical act that goes over boundaries but with women it is often emotional or self disclosing that is over the limit. That has been changing however.

This story is a realistic portrayal of what can happen and how to make a relationship be OK again. THe glass analogy is similar to one I used when teaching grad classes in counseling techniques.

The author of this story is a wise person who knows the human heart and soul. Reminds of one of my mentors from South America when I was trained by indigenous shaman in their healing techniques.

I will read any submission by this author and wish there was a way to communicate with her/him. I could learn more of use in my life and practice from them. Just in case here is an email address to contact me. Thank you for all your work and energy.

loving2some@gmail.com

ParisTexanParisTexanover 15 years ago
I'm disappointed ...

.. for two reasons:

1) The author of this excellent story hasn't posted anything else in two years.

2) The naysayers who say he should have just thrown her out.

The folks who always pan such forgiveness stories must either a) not be married and/or b) have never been truly in love. If you really love someone, it's amazing what you're willing to forgive. Remember, we're all human.

shangoshangoover 15 years ago
Kudos again, Harry

This story had more holes than most RAAC stories. She didn't call home (as you pointed out), neither did she get her slut-ass up and go home after the first night. The rest of the please-give-me-an-std club trying to perfume this pile of garbage by claiming "love". My to question to these pussies is this: Where was her love for him? I didn't see it and I never buy "because the Author says so" bullshit. Love is a two-way street. When it's not, it's a Suckers Game.

shangoshangoover 15 years ago
One more question for the "Dumbass" brigade

How is one "tricked" into cheating? And what adult takes a drug they don't recognize w/alcohol?

hawkeye007hawkeye007over 15 years ago
well thought out

I really liked this story. It was an emotional roller coaster. normally I would say burn the bitch. This case was different. There was no betrayal here.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
fantastic

I think i just found my favorite story on this site. This is real. I can feel everything, and I don't hate any one of the characters (with the exception of megan). No grand moralizations or revenge themes for those that supposedly loved each other. But two real people working a huge problem out.

To the author I could really really really feel the emotions and the anguish... I kept thinking, did this actually happen to him? Doesn't seem contrived. I applaude you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
to Harryin VA & other dumbasses

Look, not everyone has to like/love the same stories... but if you are going to criticize a story, then

1) learn to read

2) read the story

Harryin VA: do you know how to read? Cause the "plot holes" you describe are in your head, not the story. 1) Not calling home is NOT a plot hole, look up what a plot hole is... and John explained it anyway 2) Jenny didn't know she was drugged until after John told her. She thought she drank too much the first night and then restricted herself in the second night, the "pain killers" that megan gave her were the drugs on the second night

3) not explaining something is again not a plot hole, you may not like it, but who gives a rats ass?

So in conclusion... your a dumbass.

To the rest, if you are going to skim parts of it, then don't criticize the plot, since you missed part of the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
First class story

In the end a very heart-warming story and thoroughly believable. I loved the plot and the range of emotions. You are a very talented writer.

I am not a member of Lit so cannot identify myself. Thank you for your talented writing.

Norman

S-DesS-Desabout 15 years agoAuthor
I'm Truly Humbled....

I don't normally comment on my own stories (a very wise person who originally encouraged me to write gave me that very sage piece of advice early on). I looked over the comments for the first time in months and was blown away by the commentary (both the good and the bad). As a reader, I sought out stories that spoke to me (even if it seemed like I was the only one), but never understood how much it means to have so many people affected enough to take the time to comment.

<p>

Whether it's disagreement with the perceived shortcomings, or approval of the character's motivations (or things that I never even saw myself), the fact that so many people were moved to comment is very humbling. I especially enjoyed the thorough critiques (again, both good and bad) that obviously took considerable thought and time. I understand the people who say they've read the story multiple times because there are many stories here that I've read again and again because of how they made me feel. I don't consider myself in the class of those writers (and obviously many of the readers don't either ;-) ), but the fact that some of you do is very much appreciated.

<p>

I have several stories I've had almost finished for quite a while, and I promise to find a way to complete them soon. I hope that it gives the readers who find my work interesting (even if it just gives them an excuse to punch a whole in the wall) something new worth commenting on. Also, to my editors and fellow writers who encouraged me to try, my sincere thanks. Everyone who enjoys reading these stories should try writing their own at least once. Trust me, I never thought I’d get more than a handful of my close friends to read this.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
hmm

the story was deeply moving and captured the attention of anyone who read it. but, wtf was with everyone telling him to forgive her and stop acting like an ass? did not one person realize what he was going through? and im not just talking about her cheating, im talking about her cheating on camera and having possibly thousands of people watch it. also, her excuse after the first night was flimsy. she should have left immediately, if not home, then to another hotel. and why did she not even ask her so called friend why she didnt stop her from cheating bc its obvious its something she would never do? also, the part about asking her forgiveness for deliberately saying hurtfull things was crap bc the logic means every man or woman who was the,lets say victim of the affair should beg forgiveness that they were mad and said hurtfull things like whore, slut, etc. so they could move on. does that make sense to anyone out there? because no matter how saintly you think you are, everyone feels anger and their are some things that cant really be forgiven

rooster1rooster1almost 15 years ago
Not the way I'd have left it

the second Jenny said NO it became rape the moment Megan gave Jenny the drugs it became rape. While I'm all for enthusiastic seduction I have to draw the line there, if you get her a bit tipsy OK but if it goes past the point of her knowing whats going on its time to call it a night.

SELSTIMSELSTIMalmost 15 years ago
NICELY DONE

I just found this little jewel. It’s very well written with smooth plot transitions that made it very enjoyable to read. I really identified with your main character. When faced with a dilemma my emotions are the first to react but then I want to understand how and why it happened and start investigating. I’ve realized that this is probably a defense mechanism. It allows me to control my emotions while looking at the situation more objectively. What really impressed me was the way you navigated through the counseling portion of the story. I don’t know if you researched the subject or you just know human behavior (most people think they know but really don’t have a clue, judging from some of the comments) but your scenario was pretty authentic. When most authors attempt this they usually show their lack of understanding of behavior and counseling/therapy. Actually, some psychologists I know lack your apparent understanding. The story was very entertaining and I’m looking forward to reading more of your stories. Thank you for all your hard work. Obviously, you enjoy it.

GreekforfunGreekforfunalmost 15 years ago
Wonderful and moving story

I loved the story for the emotions it created in my heart, the suspense it cost to my mind and the sweat on my skin. I would just want to recommend something to the readers which always talk about wimp husbands when the story doesn't have revenge issues. 1)Stories are written to make people feel something; something similar to the feeling of the writer. Not all the people feel hate or/and anger. 2)Being a man with a loving heart that can forgive doesn't make you a wimp. Let me post-apologize for any grammar, vocabulary and expression errors since English is not my native language.

BallsOfSteelBallsOfSteelover 14 years ago
Finally! A good chapter

The first two chapters of this series were not very good at convincing me that Jenny had taken any responsibility for her cheating, though she obviously felt bad about it. Those chapters were full of plot holes, questions, and excuses. Either Megan had set her up, or Jenny was drunk, or the marriage was in a rut, etc. In this final chapter, Jenny finally admitted that she CHOSE to be a whore in New Orleans. She admitted she had made a CONSCIOUS DECISION TO CHEAT like a whore, which of course was exactly the case. She CHOSE to be a whore the moment she entered that hotel room and accepted massages with a blindfold. Jenny not only felt guilty, but she WAS guilty as sin. That saved the series for me. No more BS about Megan setting her up or about Jenny having been drunk at the time. She finally took responsibility for her actions. I had no sympathy for the character until she said that to her husband, so it was a good move on the writer's part to introduce that idea. The emotionally and psychologically clueless husband was a funny touch. I hope most men are more aware of themselves than that.

BallsOfSteelBallsOfSteelover 14 years ago
re: forgiveness

The point about seeking forgiveness for hurting people, intentionally or not, was very smart. Of course, Jenny asked for forgiveness from John. That was a given. In addition, as long as John loved Jenny and wanted her in his life he needed to ask for her forgiveness, because he deliberately hurt her viciously in the heat of the moment. This wasn't some empty gesture of forgiveness on Jenny's part. Jenny's forgiving of John was also very mature and came from a deep understanding of the pain that she had caused John through her conscious actions. She never threw a hissy fit or demanded anything from John that was neither reasonable nor within the bounds of their agreements as a couple. For all her incredible stupidity in New Orleans and in her interactions with Megan, Jenny is clearly the one in the marriage with the higher emotional intelligence. What she lacked in common sense, she made up for in spades in other areas that were necessary for a strong relationship. You made Jenny a much stronger, likable, and forgivable character by the end of the story. She learned her lesson. As much as John wanted to make excuses for her, Jenny blamed only herself for having chosen to have group sex with 2 male strippers (plus Megan. Most husbands would have greater issue with their wives ****ing the 2 men than their wives ****ing a woman). Have to give the Jenny character high praise for that, because most people in real life would not come close to accepting full responsibility. It's in our nature to rationalize bad choices in order to avoid the dissonance at the realization that we sometimes behave very very very shamefully. I'm so glad you made Jenny bear her shame.

bostonbornbostonbornover 14 years ago
great story

this was one the most pleasant stories I've read

well done

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Brilliant

thats all i can say!!!

xtremeddxtremeddover 14 years ago
You're blown away? This story Mind Blowingly Great

Masterful and well worth reading to the end.

Thanks for writing it

DD

northlandernorthlanderover 14 years ago
A great story

Just came across your stories today, and I'm very glad to say that I have thoroughly enjoyed them, To take a very believable circumstance (It's amazing what so called friends will do to friends) and to make it into a powerful story like this is tremendous. Right up alongside Josephus, DG Hear and many others

ArubanArubanover 14 years ago
High Time I Left A Comment

...on this series, which I read a long, long time ago and was a huge influence when I recently wrote a series of my own. Now I appreciate the story even more, knowing how difficult it is to devise a plot with drama and twists, characters that drive the plot and vice versa, introspection/philosophy, and oh yeah, some sex scenes. I wish I could have done it even half as well as S-Des, and I'm jealous of whom he got to edit for him (not that my editor was any chump!). So was everything that the characters did justifiable, excusable, or even just realistic? Well, without what they did, there's no story! I'll take the story, which was awesome.

Martyr2002Martyr2002about 14 years ago
I really didn't like the ending

I have to be honest, it's a well written story, but the idea that they stay together is completely unbelievable.

She says "I fucked up everything!" She looked me in the eyes and didn't flinch. "I acted like a whore and they treated me like one. The only thing missing was the money on the nightstand."

That's her problem, they didn't just treat her like a whore, for two days she WAS a whore and she has to live with the knowledge that she liked it. The multiple partners, the bisexuality, and yes the anal sex. Just because she was so worked up she rushed into the sex act and was in pain the next day doesn't excuse the fact that she LOVED what she was doing at the time. What she doesn't like is the guilt, and the fact that she got caught. It's been said before to other authors, for other stories with the same plot device: Drugs/hypnotism/alcohol do not change a person's basic nature. It doesn't make a person do things they would do other wise. It just lowers their inhibitions.

Then there's the fact he's seen the video. Everything she did is now common knowledge for both of them and there are things they can never do now as a couple. Fantasies that neither of them can entertain and believe it or not that will eat at them both for the rest of their lives.

It would have been better if he had forgiven her the mistake and then left as friends that can never really be "friends" because of all the baggage. He could have gone on to find someone else who he can be with and help raise his child.

She could then spend time coming to grips with who she really is, or bury that person so deep she never sees the light of day. Then she can start over with another guy (or girl) who doesn't know anything about what happened.

It's a neater cleaner road in the end, with just as many twists an turns starting over but has the advantage of being more believable.

In the end though, it's S-Des's story and the author started, wrote and ended the story as they thought best.

We get the privilege of reading it.

Tyr

bigguy323bigguy323almost 14 years ago
He had it right in the first place...throw the cheating whore the fuck OUT!

NO MATTER WHAT, she cheated and then did it again.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Awesome - really loved the characters

This was an awesome story and I was so glad that things turned out so well. I'm going to bookmark it for re-reading and also check out your other work. Thanks!!!

-- Jim

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous