All Comments on 'Using Literotica'

by Goldeniangel

Sort by:
  • 49 Comments
Venus_in_FursVenus_in_Fursabout 18 years ago
good job :)

Well thought out essay, I'm glad someone finally wrote it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Love your essay

So very true of what you say. I hate it when I start to read comments about a story that I enjoyed and find someone flaming the author because there was a bi scene in a "Group Sex" story. If the reader doesn't understand that when you have two guys and one gal, that there may be some bi activity, then they need to go elsewhere to read stories. I don't care that much for BDSM, so I don't generally read those stories. If readers don't like a story because of its content, then don't leave a dumb comment, just give it a negative vote.

GaCowboyGaCowboyabout 18 years ago
Bravo! Bravo!

Extremely well done Goldeniangel.

This should be required reading for everyone desiring to become a member of this community. It should, also, be required reading for everyone already a member of this community.

Harry_UKHarry_UKabout 18 years ago
Excellent. Well done

I have to echo the other comments. I especially liked your explanation of the fact that you are an average woman, who sometimes writes an Anal or Gay male scene. At the end of the day, its literature. Im amazed that people can get to the end of a very long story on this site and still flame it. Bizarre behaviour indeed! Thanks again, from an English fan of the site.

Harry

The PlagiaristThe Plagiaristabout 18 years ago
Sounds more like instructions than a story!

I read this story, expecting some kind of erotic tale, and even though the author mentions many different types of sexual encounters, this wasn't really much of a story at all!

Instead it sounded more like someone giving advice to other authors. Granted, it was good advice, but as an erotic tale this one left much to be desired. I cannot recommend it. It just didn't turn me on, not the slightest bit.

BazzzBazzzabout 18 years ago
Well Done Some Need This More Than Others

I just wish the moderators of this site would come down a little harder on the morons that do not respect the catagories and the stories that, whether they are good or bad, people work so hard on.

As for The Plagarist, I sincerely hope that he was just kidding around with his comment. If not, well, he is reason #1 why this How To essay needed to be written.

halfmoonfrenzyhalfmoonfrenzyabout 18 years ago
Yes!

Thank you, thank you, thank you... for pointing out the absurdity of some people when they complain about the content of a story. Particularly irritating to me are the people who harp on the morality of a cheating spouse in a "Loving Wives" story, for example. This IS a fantasy, this IS an escape from a possibly vanilla RL sex life.

Hollywood and serious writers of fiction have a term for it: "Suspension of Disbelief". When done well, the author makes it easy to suspend disbelief (or expressed another way, to make the story more believeable). Do you think there are *really* THAT many vampires and freaks running around the woods of Maine in Stephen King's novels? Or that Bruce Willis can *really* outsmart and out-gun a gang of terrorists in a high-rise single handedly? However, sometimes the story is an awkward execution of that goal. That's why a lot of authors work hard to hone their talents here and morons who vote a story down because they don't like the basic premise (sometimes of the category itself) are doing them a disservice. And all too often, the malcontent hides behind an anonymous comment.

Thanks for letting me get up on my soapbox.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Feeling better

Don't read your stories,just don't like the writing. Thought I might learn something with this one, like to learn, didn't. I hope it dosen't upset you if your not liked by everyone. I gave you a overated high score I wouldn't want to ruin your average, like bowling it's harder to bring it up once it's down. Somehow I don't think you like bowling. When I find a author I do like I look up their bio and favorites which often leads to like authors, perhaps if more authors were encouraged to use this feature wayward readers would be helped, your lecture didn't. Let the flames begin.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Good, but...

I would have liked to see a discussion of the proposal to realign some of the categories to make them clearer to both readers and authors.

In your discussion on Loving Wives, you didn't really address the dichotomy that exists for readers between some of the major categories in this genre. This is part of the realignment proposal. I think the split should be between the spouses agreement or non-agreement with the cheating regardless of whether or not the spouse knows. In other words, I think the categories should be Loving Wives and Cheating Spouses.

In a casual review it seems that the focus of the older stories was more on the former and a lot of the new writers are focusing on the latter. And that is causing a lot of problems for both readers and authors in meeting each others expectations and generating too many unwarranted nasty comments.

Good effort!

DJ

peggytwittypeggytwittyabout 18 years ago
God has spoken

Now that God has spoken I guess the rest of us shouldn’t have an opinion.

Well some of us do disagree whole-heartedly with Gods opinion.

Goldeniangel states: many Loving Wives stories involve men who want to watch other men fuck their wives - a good number of the stories involve white men wanting to watch black men fuck their white wives. Not all of them of course

THIS IS REALLY SUBMISSIVE AND A LOT HAVE BDSM INCLUDED ALONG WITH SOME GAYS LIKE TO USE THIS. Loving wives are women or men who CHEAT and what it means in their life and their spouses. It could be EROTIC COUPLINGS or VOYEUR if the husband just watches if there is no meaning other then she has sex. Being married has no real basis of these erotic stories. As swapping is just more group sex unless it effects the marriage. THERE IS NO STORY WITHOUT CONSEQUENSES AND WHAT HAPPENS NEXT.

Goldeniangel states: some Loving Wives stories center around wives who are just plain cheating without their husbands consent. However, if you find wives sleeping with other men - with or without their husband's consent - wrong in some way, DON'T READ THESE STORIES. You will not find a single one that you like, I promise. And no one cares if you don't like them, they just wonder - again - what idiot read an entire story that they found objectionable.

Now God has told us no one likes or writes LOVING WIVES stories with consequences of cheating. They also don’t want to here about negative comments.

I guess Goldeniangel doesn’t read many LOVING WIVES STORIES. There are so many posted most every day from great Authors like “Just Plain Bob”, “DG Hear”, “Wander”, “H20wader”, “Ohio”, “Aussie Bard”, “Vastiesmith”, “Charleybear”, “KK”, Harddaysknight”, “Cageytee”, “curious2c”, “thecelt”, “Dynamite Jack”, “Daniellekitten” and so many others.

These stories raise so many comments and discussion like no other stories in any category that I have seen. They can be more then just a wank-off story. This must upset some people who don’t want to think about sex just jerk off.

I see by her Bio that Goldeniangel is a young woman who likes light bdsm, bondage, anal. I hope some day as she matures she finds someone to share a love with that makes that person more important to her then even herself. It is wonderful to find a love that encoupases everything in life in one other person. Well with the divorce rate at nearly 50% it’s a challenge to hang on when it’s now so easy to walk away.

Some people can't stand that other people have different views.

Well that’s my opinion and you are welcome to disagree with me I won’t call you an idiot or get upset. Thank God, you have an opinion that’s different from mine as it would be a dull world if we didn’t disagree sometimes.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Garbage.

A big waste of everyone's time.

Marilyn37MWFMarilyn37MWFabout 18 years ago
What you don't cover is putting stories in a false

catagory---The most blatant is Putting something in The Lesbian catagory then slipping in ANAL which ruins the story for me and I'm sure for others.

Insofar as the glorifing rape stories go. Rape is Rape and only a sick mind can turn it into pleasure.

You are correct however in saying that if a catagory offends you then you shold avoid it.

There is for example a whole catagory of readers who are totally offended by stories depicting married women enjoying sex out of marriage and who get off on writing nasty comments on them. They get their feelings hurt however if a female character is upset at her hubby fucking everyting female who will starnd still for him

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
At Last

Thank you. I fell that this was a much needed clearing of the air. I read only the stories that I think I will enjoy and now know that I have missed nothing by bypassing certain cattergories. Incidentally, I only rate a story if I can give it at least 50 percent and never pass judgement on what might be a real turn on for someone else even if I dont care for it myself. again thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
My Pathetic Comment

It is too bad that you felt compelled to write this piece. Don't misinterpret me. It's too bad that some readers make inappropriate comments.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
a fascist by any other name

I'm sorry, but you lack a fundamental understanding of the concept of 'free speech'. Reading your piece reminded me of the line from Animal Farm where the slogan is stated that "all animals are equal but some are more equal than others."

How dare you tell us what we can an cannot read or can and cannot comment upon? Who made you Queen? Irrespective of the couching of your comments they were indeed untterances of someone who is most likely a fascist.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Nothing new

Sorry, Girl, but you lost me when you chose to categorize as "idiots" folks who read categories that may contain stories that offend them. Kinda paints a pretty good picture of where you're coming from. Perhaps I should suggest that you no longer peruse the "Feedback" section following each story because it may have comments that you don't like.

Yeah, some comments border on "absurd, ridiculous and assinine." But you, as an author, have the ability to not include a "feedback" portion to your story. And I gotta tell you, there are a great many 'stories' posted here which are not even worthy of those remarks.

I know what I like to read and pretty much stick to those categories. Do you know the frustration we readers experience when so many of the stories posted in our favorite areas are pure drivel. Regardless of category, I'll read anything by Dr. Mabeuse because he CAN write and make anything palatable. I wish he could conduct a clinic for so many of the folks submitting their efforts here.

Goldeniangel, although I comment rarely, if something I write concerning a story inhibits someone else's enjoyment of it, then that person has a bigger problem than just dealing with my comments. So what if I like or don't like a particular story. Can you or others only enjoy a story if I and others enjoy it as well? My not liking a story is not a personal attack on you or others who do like it. And, yeah, I don't condone or agree with the personal attacks some commenters make regarding the comments of others. And I certainly think those who pen the racist remarks should get off the keyboard and back to their crayons.

As to this particular submission, Goldeniangel, it was as informative as a "Do Not Exceed Speed Limit" sign; it told us what we already knew.

Hercules_unleashedHercules_unleashedabout 18 years ago
Well done Golden

From the comments given we can once again see that there are many types of people who read the literotica stories, but why oh why do they read in categories they don't like.

Reading stories in Literotica is a bit like watching TV, if you don't like the programme, you turn over. These stories are by and large FICTION, however, we must accept that there is at least a grain of truth in many of them.

A particular point is that using a finger to penetrate the anus when nearing orgasm is a fact in many peoples live, and it does enhance the climax. but why do a minority have to destroy the voting by adding uncomplimentary comments and voting a mere 1. Are they really living in some kind of perfect dream world?

Keep on doing what you are doing Golden, I for one will continue to read your work, however nasty it may seem to the ill-advised, puritanical and bigotted idiots that we are cursed with.

That authors are able to write in differing genre's is testimony to their personal skills and should be applauded. When I vote, I never put less than 5, if a story is worth my vote then I give it my best, it encourages writers like myself who work hard putting a plot together.

PS. if you want to contact me the e-mail is thebacchanalia@aol.com

Peter

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Well Hurkie You Rant Without Valid Reason

as some of the commentors you criticise do.

Its Boogling and Non-Sensical that writers who offend readers sensitivities cannot understand why some readers exercise the right to write as did the writers. Do most writers want impunity from construtive or personal criticisms of their plot or words? Is it fair that they can offend but readers cannot vent?

In a free speech environment that this site fosters very well (perhaps the best) the exchange can't always be good for each party. No one bats 1000 nor is perfect every time.

However, the energy which drives the success of this site would be severely diminished if it wasn't a two way street of some balance.

Writers need to understand that readers are their only clients - think about it.

Writers could write but never publish in a self nurtured dank but controled basement but never feel appreciated or proud by their efforts and the reflected comments of appreciation. Basements are safe but uninspirering and unfulfilling.

Readers don't expect clones rotely providing fodder of likeness. We love the chances you take when you push your abilities or your imagination. Knock our socks off or try to. We don't really expect perfection but reasonable arousals and or entertainment that one can be somewhat comfortable with in the process.

Lets face it there is a lot of grind it out work here without writer inspiration or reader appreciation. You writers read here as much as many of us do. If you are honest with yourself Hurkules, you don't like everything here nor is everything in the catagories they should be.

And just because a writer absurdly gets in the face of most readers with a tale of needlessly unreal twisted mental or physical torment or derision to shock or wrench emotion in a careless manner - well that doesn't give them a free pass regardless of how well they write.

Readers disrespected certainly have the right to express disrespect for the offender. It should be done after a moment of reflection regardless of how deeply offended if their point is to be made with clarity of reason.

To provoke thought as the writer did is good - as it can enlighten each side of the others thoughts and reasoning apparently valid to them. The right to differ sometimes brings clarity and compromise which can't always be bad!

Thanks writer - with Regard

JH-1JH-1about 18 years ago
Agree

Thanks for sharing, and making things clearer. These were my thoughts...ie the title says it pretty clearly. If ya don't like it...don't read it.

Thanks again

JH-1

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Liked it--but I have a question?

Well written piece. Said some things that really needed saying. My question is this--I wonder if those complaining about Goldeniangel telling them what to "read or not read" are the same ones telling authors on a regular basis what to write or not write.

JimDinMN

LyakardLyakardabout 18 years ago
A sad state of affairs this is.

It's sad that as simple and (I thought) obvious the categories are, people still weem to be shocked when wives cheat in 'Loving Wives', or when :::gasp::: people are raped in 'Non-Consent'. Don't worry, the majority of readers know exactly where you're coming from, I'm sure of it. And as far as that whole "don't tell people what to and not to read" attitude, they're right, you really should stop. And stop telling people to not hit themselves on the finger with a hammer if they don't like pain, that's really obnoxious. And I'm sick of hearing, "don't eat it if you don't like it". (The sad part is, some people will read this comment and NOT get that I'm kidding.)

And The Plagiarist's comments left me rolling on the floor. If it wasn't for the 0 rating, I'd swear he was pretending to be that stupid on purpose. Fitting, for this essay, though.

Keep up the great stories, you're one of my favorites!

LuciousBi-Writes4ULuciousBi-Writes4Uabout 18 years ago
For the love of all things good!

people can be so DIM! and what they all forget is that without WRITERS there would be NOTHING TO READ!!

AND YOU DARN SURE WOULDN'T GET TO READ IT HERE FOR FREE!! LITEROTICA IS NOT GOING TO START PAYING US... SO SITES LIKE THESE WOULD GO UNDER IN LESS THAN A MONTH AND ALL THE IDIOTS THAT LEAVE THIS INANE COMMENTS WOULD HAVE TO GO TO PLACES LIKE HEATVILLE.COM (WHERE WRITERS LIKE ME DO GET PAID TO WRITE) AND PAY $29.95 PER MONTH FOR A READ OR A SERIAL FICTION PIECE... THE TRUTH IS THAT MOST EVERYTHING IN LIFE COSTS... LIT DOESN'T AND IT IS THAT WAY BECUASE PEOPLE LIKE YOU AND I ARE WILLING TO PUT IT OUT THERE... TO PUT OURSELVES ON THE LINE OF FIRE AND WE GET VERY LITTLE IN RETURN... MORE HEADACHES AND HEARTACHES THAN HEARTFELT REPLIES!

THE REST OF YOU NEED TO REMEMBER THAT YOU WILL ALWAYS HAVE SOMETHING TO READ... BUT IF YOU BASH ENOUGH PEOPLE TO CLOSE SITES LIKE THIS... THEN YOU BETTER BE PREPARED TO PAY FOR WRITERS LIKE US TO GET YOUR UNCREATIVE MINDS AND BODIES OFF!

sherlock40sherlock40about 18 years ago
First of all, I do appreciate the authors on this

site. They work hard and are rarely appreciated. Second, I am registered on this site and have a valid e-mail address that I read and respond to when asked. Third, I have filled out my bio with the pertinent information about things I like and dislike. I, for one, would like the authors to do the same thing. They complain when we are anonymous, I complain when they (the authors) are anonymous. The first thing I do when I discover a new story and author is check their bio. If their fetishes or comments list that they love cheating spouses, cuckolding or humiliation, I avoid their stories like the plague. I am sure that other readers would too, if that information was available.

You made the comment about avoiding a section if the stories upset us so much. I admit, I detest cheating spouse with no consequences stories. But, if I stayed out of the so-called cheating spouse section (affectionally known as loving wives), I would miss wonderful stories by Silverace1 who posts stories about *gasp* actual loving wives. That's right, wives that do not cheat, but love their spouses and find all the "adventure" they want in their own marriage. I would miss out on other great authors that show consequences (good or bad) to cheating spouses. I would miss out on stories that had a husband and wife sharing their sexual lives with others, together without humiliation or one-sidedness.

I read stories from the other sections also. I have no problem with interracial stories, it is the stereotyping of the black male that I have a problem with. All black males are not sex gods with unlimited stamina and a driving desire to have sex with white women. But this is how 98% of them are portrayed in the stories.

With me, I don't know if I like an author until I have read some of their story. And if I read less than one-third and discover it is not to my liking, I will leave it alone and go elsewhere. But if I read a story and it is not until the end or near the end, that I find out that they trigger one of my dis-like buttons, then I will leave them a comment and I will comment as I like. Yes, I realize that they are stories, fantasies. Some authors are wonderful writers but they deal in subjects that are utterly repugnent to several people. I am trying my best to stop judging writers by their content, by I admit that it is difficult to remain objective. That is why I have made a list of authors that I no longer read or respond to in the comments section.

So, authors, that is one readers opinion. You have the power. You can turn off comments completely, you can delete comments that you don't like, you can write stories that bring us to tears, you can write stories that make us want to vomit, you can write stories that make us want to cheer for the protagonists and you can write stories that make us want to print out the story, shred it, burn it to ashes and take it to a pigsty to mix with the rest of the fecal matter. You are all-powerful!

That's enough ranting from me. I would like to thank the authors for being brave enough to post on this site. Even the ones that I have responded less-than-friendly-to in my comments.

My Erotic TrailMy Erotic Trailabout 18 years ago
Great Write~

I would like to know the spark that influenced this write <grin> it is so very obvious that the unsettled still linger outside the catagories they would surely appreciate more. I teach 23 students and it would not enter my mind to speak to them in such a way as anon has, for there are much better ways to get your point across or to teach someone.

So when I see an ass-anon being a jerk cause they can not grasp anothers write or they disagree so they leave their verbal spit on a write, I am reminded that we the level headed must still set a good example for others to see and follow. For two party's doing the verbal dance gets them no where but tired, frustrated and bored <grin>

great write Golden, you have a brave heart and a golden pen, please continue to enlighten us/those able to grasp your intellegtual level and we will reach a hand out and try and help those who do not understand or are purely filled with bitterness that over flows into their comments.

GREAT WRITE~

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Great How-To

A link to this story should be on the waiver page at the beginning of the site. Anyone who is interested in reading erotica should also be aware that there are ideas with which they probably do not agree.

People who are new to the world of eroticism probably are unaware of all the possible permutations that can occur. When I was introduced to erotic literature some years ago, there were things I didn't approve of, nor think that I would find enjoyable. Today, my basic rule of thumb is that I will try anything that doesn't cause pain to me or to another. That pretty much leaves out the BDSM writings, although sometimes I read them just for the "naughty" thrill of it all.

Thanks for a great explanation of how to use the site.

Hornyman69WithUHornyman69WithUover 17 years ago
You tell 'em, girl!

Reading a story in a self-explanatory category and then having a problem with the very element that categorized it as such is a no-brainer, but it's happened to me, too, so I echo your sentiments.

I got numerous negative comments on New Bathroom Mirror, my story in the VOYEUR category about looking at and photographing my niece and sister-in-law through a two-way mirror. "You creep. Those women had no idea they were being watched!" And "Serves you right that the videotape was ruined; a grown man should have never looked at a unsuspecting woman masturbating anyway." OK, would it have been acceptable if I were a KID? Or if she HAD suspected? Last time I checked, the definition of "voyeur" is to watch people when they don't know it. DUH!

I suppose there is some justification for criticism when a story in the Group Sex category features buttfucking, but who's forcing the reader to continue when things get anal? Similarly, almost all my stories contain humor, but only a few are in that category, as I judge other elements to supercede its importance. Perhaps Lit needs to create more specific categories, like Loving Mature Celebrity Wives With Pubic Hair & A Foot Fetish Having Humorous Heterosexual Interacial Non-Anal Non-BDSM But Coital & Oral Sex With Similarly Aged Partners In Idaho? Wait a minute, that doesn't touch on voyeurism or exhibitionism--might offend someone.

By the way, not ALL the stories are fictional. Every last one of mine is true down to the minutest detail. That's why, just as in real life, I don't always get the girl.

LitEroCatLitEroCatalmost 17 years ago
Great idea, provide a link to this....

There is a need for a link in an obvious spot to a detailed explanation like this. It should be completed with all categories. I've been here a couple of years and still don't know what the best choice is for my stories. 'Loving Wives' is one example of a category that includes more than one TYPE of story and so can reasonably surprise readers (and writers). .............

Where is the criteria for the nearly obvious 'HOT' tag for stories? I don't know. I still can't figure why one of my tales was HOT rated for a few weeks, then NOT. ................

Getting help for nearly any problems is spotty at best. I have never even received a reply to my problem reports. No one ever answered if the chat area really works. It never has for me! .............

Yet, I'm happy with the site and the quality of the works here. So thanks to all writers and volunteers.

bekenbabybekenbabyover 16 years ago
too true

Good comments. I personally like the non-consensual stories because they tally most closely with my own fantasies (as a woman out of control). They are just fantasies though. I'd be first in the queue to condemn anyone who tried it in real life so don't get the two confused when reading 'stories' and commenting on them.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
this is perfect!!

I can't believe there isn't an official working of this!this is exactly what a site like this needs!people can be so prudish about sexual content,even if they know what the story is about!I had no idea that the non consent stories had that rule,and had been wondering about the sudden change around in most of the stories!literotica needs people like you to just say it exactly like it is!All i can add is a truly deserved WELL DONE!!

KOLKOREKOLKOREabout 16 years ago
Now you only have to make them read it

Will this intro to Literotica turn into the Webster of Literotica? Only time will tell. In the meantime I found myself thinking not unlike Bazzz, that perhaps those who may need to read it won't and those who do already know it - except of course those who even when they do, don't get it (like the best comic -if unbeknown to oneself - comment by the reader The Plagiarist). Dare I say even if you miss the essay don't miss this strange comment! <P>

On a more serious note, You must be aware that many "nasty" comments are born of much deeper sentiments rather than simple misunderstanding, even when the comments seem to be 'one big misunderstanding'. How about good old sexual repression, personal biographical scars and other misc. unresolved emotional issues? Dare I say, could there

Also be a possibility of the occasionally badly written story (of any genre) to which the enraged reader might fail to articulate properly his/her sentiments? <P>

Thanks for the entertaining read (I include the feedbacks of course)!

JedimasterGeeJedimasterGeeabout 16 years ago
Great Guidance

Thanks so much for putting this together. I have found it very helpful as I begin writing my stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Article great ... comments hilarious

When you buy a book at a store (and pay real, hard cash) do you take the time, when you dislike the book, to write hate mail to the author? Thought not. Or do you just mention to your friends you didn't like it and move on? So, here we have authors, many of whom spend real effort crafting their stories and often put a part of themselves in them, and the only 'pay' they get are a few hoped for compliments from those who might have enjoyed it. You don't have to pay, the authors make no money, they are sharing out of the kindness of their hearts. If you find an author that is amazing, that's a real gift. When you realize that you might have to sift through story after story to find a gem, well, you get what you pay for!

As for not liking that an author *gasp* might actually blend two genres together. Lord Almighty Heavens to Betsy! And you didn't like that? Someone call the police, quick! Don't like it? Move on! That's what I do. I'm sick to death of male fantasy stories where he gets to be an average guy with a 'teeny weeny' ("I'm just average." Right.) But he's doing Blonde Barbie who loves nothing but deep throat, and he's not too creative in the telling either. So, I take in a sentence or five and .... move on! Why hammer the guy for writing his fantasy? Or his bad grammar? Poor guy, he's teeny, this might be his only pleasure!

Lighten up and think about being kind. After all, these are really humans who write this stuff!

txblushtxblushalmost 15 years ago
I agree with providing a link

This should be the first story readers see when they are perusing the site. I haven't seen ugly comments. I have heard from other writers that I should expect them. I am a nervous beginner and don't need the anxiety. And yes, I want to develop my, 'tough skin.' But it's constructive criticism I want and need in order to become a better writer.

lovebobbylovebobbyalmost 13 years ago
Excellently Put

That was excellently put, some people just don't get it. Maybe they should go to a different site. Or develop one them selves that only host stories THEY like. But there is no reason for them to be rude or spiteful to anyone's fantasies, Just like if some one was rude to their stories, I found most of the ones who leave rude or nasty comments leave them as "Anonymous" or have NO submissions them self, probably because they could write worth a shit not that I am a prize winning writer myself. Besides it all thank you for writing this and it should be part of the Literotica terms.

barelybookishbarelybookishover 11 years ago

So immoral and wrong - that's why I LIKE it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Well done

This whole thing was very well written and it sounds like you gave it a lot of thought. Thanks a bunch!

dm47dm47about 11 years ago
Amazing comments

The comments left for this post are almost as good as posting.

I'm not an experienced writer, I just do it for fun. My writing is not good, but it's not terrible either. The negativity that floats around on this site is unbelievable, I don't think I've read any story that didn't have a negative comment posted afterward, and by negative I don't mean constructive.

I appreciated your post Goldeniangel, and found it helpful. While I enjoyed the comments, some of them were harsh and unthinking.

Thanks Goldeniangel. Please keep writing.

TxDevil22TxDevil22over 10 years ago
Thanks!

This article was VERY helpful in my navigating this website. My husband asked me to use this site as one of many research bases into what he enjoys so that I could get a better grasp and I had no idea where his particular enjoyment section would be. After reading this guide to the site, I now know where to look to research what he enjoys and how to give that to him! Thank you so much for this article as it has made my research that much easier. :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Low rates/ bad comments

I'm surprised that everyone doesn't have enough sense to know whether a story is something they're interested in within two paragraphs. Picking a category that turns you on and a situation you can imagine should be easy enough. I've never left a poor rating or a nasty comment because I'm not stupid enough to read a story I don't like. I have some definite turn offs but I don't have to read much of a story to click away if I find it substandard. Now and then I read a story that I really enjoy. This causes me to look for other stories by that author and leave a high rating and a nice comment. And just because I don't care for a story, I understand that it might just be somebody else's cup of hot tea.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
It's A Start

But you know, just limiting your choices by category isn't enough. Plenty of stories cross categories. Plenty of categories have a wide variety of different types of stories in them.

The site would be MUCH more usable if all the categories or "tags" associated with a story were displayed near the title...

The site would be much more usable if some of the categories were broken up into independent categories... (e.g. Loving Wives into categories like cuckold, swinging, cheating and revenge)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Just saying

Wanna point out something..... You wrote something like being a transsexuals have to do anything with surgery..... It doesn't..... Transsexuals are natural.... Male with excess amount of estrogen that is the female hormone..... And female with excess amount of androgen..... That's the male harmony..... Or a female with testicular cell inside except for ovaries.... And so on...

oatzaboatzabover 8 years ago
?

SciFi and Fantasy hub could contain such stories wich 95% true life and the 5% SciFi and Fantasy. This is similar level as other hub!

JrockittJrockittover 7 years ago
Right on!

If you don't like it, don't read it! And, especially, don't take it out on the author by commenting on it. Read something else! This is an easy one, or should be.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Nice Try But !!!!!

You have gone out of your way to try putting brains in the heads of cabbages. There are just some people who will never get it, remember you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

It's wonderful that you have tried but there are just some people who will never get it.

GoneGrayGoneGrayalmost 5 years ago
Yes, BUT

I would agree with much of what you have stated, and thank you for this helpful article. However, I also would encourage writers (that want constructive feedback) to not look at negative ratings as solely readers who did not like the subject matter. Even if I do not leave written comments, for me, leaving a low rating is my comments on the writer's skill in developing & describing the story. Some writers seem to start out with a decent plot and description, but when it gets to the intense sexual aspects, their stories can degrade into nothing but extended bump & grind & orgasm descriptions, with some minor plot wrap up at the end.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Appreciation

Excellent explanation. Thank you

blksoldierblksoldieralmost 4 years ago
Well Done

anyone who read this should leave it with a clearer view of Literotica,

Client8Client8over 2 years ago

I would say what you say is true. But sadly, i think that comments from haters happen in a vacuum and they're not likely to read or pay heed to your valiant attempt to educate them. Nasty is as nasty does.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I stopped writing because of these people. Not enough likes/not likes ratio i guess. But the not likes were extreme!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userGoldeniangel@Goldeniangel
12563 Followers
For my erotic romance newsletter - https://smarturl.it/AngelNewsletter For my erotica / fetish / dark romance newsletter - https://smarturl.it/SinistreNewsletter Website: www.goldenangelromance.com You may notice some of my stories have disappeared... some of them will be s...