All Comments on 'Realistic Incest In Stories'

by 1337_G1RL

Sort by:
  • 28 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Some good advice on how to structure these stories

One small comment re: breeding. While the risk of genetic problems arising from inbreeding is higher than the norm, some research indicates that it is not so much higher that it would be considered a serious hazard (more chance of producing blue babies from incompatible blood types).

There's also the curious finding that non-related children brought up in a communal environment run into the "incest" prohibitive mindset later in life. This would indicate that a lot of our current incest taboos are "hardwired" behaviour patterns (no doubt generated by "trial and error" in the past).

The research in this area is far from conclusive, and the age-old rule of thumb about avoiding inbreeding is still sound. For authors wishing to delve into this area, however, a little bit of research is advisable and may turn up some surprising information.

BlueSnakeBlueSnakeabout 18 years ago
An interesting and enlightening essay.

Thanks for the "hinters" and the insights provided in your submission. As a writer, I am pleased to add this to my research/backup files.

I'd like to submit a point to consider regarding the issue of having childdren: Should the couple consider it too much of a risk to procreate, adoption might be an option. It seems to me that the failure or success of adoption would add consequences the couple might not have envisioned.

BlueSnakeBlueSnakeabout 18 years ago
An interesting and enlightening essay.

Thanks for the "hinters" and the insights provided in your submission. As a writer, I am pleased to add this to my research/backup files.

I'd like to submit a point to consider regarding the issue of having childdren: Should the couple consider it too much of a risk to procreate, adoption might be an option. It seems to me that the failure or success of adoption would add consequences the couple might not have envisioned.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Just Stories

You make real good sense, except you all miss the point. The stories submitted to this site are just that Stories. It's not like they actually happened, think of it like watching a movie. If you see someone killed in a movie, they really didn't die, it's just an actor playing a part. I could write a story about winning the lottery, and it would be just that a story. If you believe i won by reading the story I wrote, then I did a good job of writing, if not then I did a bad job of writing.I'm sure that in reality any incest relationship the parties involved do take inconsideration the genitics before considering having kids. The authors on this site do a good job to get visitors to read their stories, and in doing so take the subject they're writing about and expand on it. I've seen comments written about incest stories that they want the mother pregnant by her son or the daughter pregnant by her father and so on. So some authors go along with the popular comments and add that part in to the next chapter, or the next story is just about getting pregnant. This site is pure fantasy, it's a place to read some really good and sometimes not so good stories about the subjects that interest you in your own fantasies. So when the mother, daughter, or sister or whom ever is having the baby, it's part of the story line, it's what makes the story better for that person that reads it and mskes him or her come back to read more. Amd makes this site successful with visitors that like to read the stories submitted.

John DoeJohn Doeabout 18 years ago
Pffft

I was lucky on this one. It only took me until the third paragraph to realize you're completely full of shit. Usually I have to read the entire submission first.

Three points in particular struck me, though the whole thing is gratuitously sentimental, over-emotional and stunningly, sumptuously, radiantly ignorant pap:

1. When you differentiated between "erotic stories" and "written porn" or what other porn snobs usually refer to simply as pornography and erotica. Anyone who has picked up a dictionary and/or has no grandiose illusions about their own importance or sophistication will tell you that the words pornography and erotica are synonymous. Erotic after all, is from the greek "eros", literally meaning "love" but in practical use refers to sex.

2. About breeding, you were lazy and irresponsible to imply that any couple that is related is at high risk of defects. It has been determined recently that even first cousins have no higher a risk than those who are not related. Say, siblings, or parents/offspring have a higher risk, but it sill does not guarantee problems.

3. The point about power difference, which makes sense in regards to parent/offspring relationships, but expanding it to include any where the age gap is "more than 15 years" is definitely an outdated idea, probably ignorant and possibly even bigoted.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Yes, But Why Do Most People Read Erotic Fiction?

Whereas some stories do make interesting reads when we're lucky enough to happen upon one and at the same time be in the mood to sit through it and appreciate it, let's face facts. Most people read erotic stories for the same reason they watch erotic videos: They want to get off.

I can't speak for everyone who comes to this site, but I'd be willing to bet the majority of casual visitors to this site come to, well, cum, and thus they don't want to sit through a long story of character development with the promise of "normal sex" at the end. In fact, when I'm in the mood for a little erotic fiction, if I see a story that has more than two, maybe three, pages and hasn't gotten to the good stuff by the second page, I don't bother continuing with it because I'm in the mood and I don't want to wait. If I wanted to read a love story, I'd buy a romance novel. If I wanted "normal sex," I'd have normal sex with someone.

The reason it's erotic fiction is because it is fantasy and it is used to get people off. The setting should be brief and easily defined in order to concentrate on the fantasy of the over-the-top sex. By no means am I saying that authors here can't write carefully calculated, realistic stories. I just don't think you should chide authors who wish to cater to what they recognize as the majority of their readers.

Still, for people who do wish to create a story that leans more toward incest fact than incest fantasy, this advice isn't bad.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
unless of course, it's real. duh

Whoever said that the stories are fiction.. like going to the movies, I say yeah .. unless you really have had it. It has and does happen to people. I'm living proof.

lohengren99lohengren99about 18 years ago
time to put up...

1337 G1RL has written two articles on incest, including this one on how to write realistic incest stories. While I have found them both to be interesting and well written, it is time for her to step up and write an incest story for us. I would love to see her put her own guidelines and advice into action.

builder216builder216about 18 years ago
Well thought out

Well thought out and helpful. The logic of the steps laid out is inescapable and the overall theme is good. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Romance vs. Gettin' Off

Your essay gave me some insights on how to "realistically" portray incest and the themes that come up, pardon the pun.

Believe me, I'm with you on the "stroke" stories, where it's genitals of flame, pant-pant-Splat!

No set up at all, pretty lousy grammar and spelling, not many points on style in them, but for us guys, we don't need the emotional lead-in or set-up terribly much.

The very idea that my sister/cousin/aunt/mama/granny's got hot pants and wants to drop them for me gets me 80-90% of the way there.

Throw in a little twist or two, pregnancy, adultery, rivalry with dad/hubby/a-hole boyfriend and/or risk of discovery, and there's the rest.

More plot, characterization, and so forth's nice as a literary embellishment, but it's just spice, marinade, and garnish.

You've got to have the meat (raw sex,as we so rarely experience it) if it's to satisfy me as porn or an eroitc story.

For most of the readers and writers, these stories explore a spank-bank fantasy. You've actually lived it, so I'm giving your advice a lot more respect than standard literary advice.

Short fiction's a snap-shot where you try to keep everything clean and neatly engineered as to what's going on in that episode.

If you want to explore a lot of emotional themes, write a novel or series, where you can develop the backstory, play around with perspective, etc.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
yes, but...

If fantasies were to represent real o realistic situations, then I wouldn't bother having them. I am one of those people who tend to find real incest disturbing and incest fantasies arousing partly because they don't represent my family.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
A Nice Essay

This reads like a college paper on insest. Little is done to use examples of a setup. It was interesting to read.

MarilynmwfMarilynmwfover 17 years ago
The author presents herself as some kind of expert

First on the subject of incest.

Secondly on writing.

I have one word that expresses my opinion of her claim.

BULL-SHIT

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
very usefull

after reading that guide, i found that info helpful in making me understand the phases. this`ll really help me with my current situation. now if i could just figure out the part involving my age being 6 years higher than that of the very cousin that likes me. if detail on that was possible to reveal, it`d be revealed.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
guides

while this essay was writen for authers, it's actualy a good read for anybody concidering incest. for a long time i thought about fucking my sister, but when i weighed the conquences it would have on my family life ,i decided to better no to. this would be a good read for anyone looking for facts on incest that isn't influsined by bised people

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Thanks

I was hesitant in writing my own story but thanks to your guidelines they were helpful

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
True story

Since the day i noticed my sister was hot i stop looking at her like a sister and we started to mess around and take showers together. We did that for a while until i conviced her to have sex. She lets me Fuck her any way i want. Her pussy feels so much better than any other girls. I wish that we could let everyone know about us but its hard for people to accept the idea. I told my buddy every thing and he was cool with it. I also love to see my sis getting fucked by big dicks. Even though she is living with her boyfriend i pick her up every night when he goes to work and i take her with my friends that think she is my girl to get Fucked but first i always Fuck her. The day my mom dies we are going to move away together and live like a couple

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago

Thanks for your essay!

Think that a lot of writers here will need it. ( To get readers like me, more frequently back)..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
no love

The assertion that an incest relationship has to involve 2 people "in love" I think is false. The sex can occur out of curiosity at first and continue because its fun and sexy but the relationship between the family members does not change that much.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
sex != love

Yeah, sure. There are steps. But it doesn't really require love. Love is even debatable. My point is, two siblings could just feel really attracted to each other and have sex. Like Physical sex. Getting drunk maybe, or they can't really resist each other. Most stories here confuse, love and sex. That isn't just true. Not just incest, but adult relationships in general. It's based and physical attraction. Just that. You could go with them having the pretense that sex is just sex, and that they have hidden feelings for each other. Or it's just really sex, physical attraction, strings attached, maybe, it situational. Also see westermark effect. Siblings don't usually fall in love with each other.

the_apocalypsethe_apocalypseabout 13 years ago
Really helpful

As a person who has written some incest stories in the past, I found your How to guide extremely informative and I will definitely refer to it for any future stories in this genre. It was excellently written and explained so much. Thank you

LonerDaddy1962LonerDaddy1962over 9 years ago
great

Great job... Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Thank You

Your post is an Oasis in the desert of internet. I could not find someone to give me proper advice anywere.

The academy is full of articles on abuse and paedophilia rape, the bloggs are all on the "why do we fear this" and "there is a psicological effect called the Westermack effect which explains it" and so on.

No one is givin thrue, well-explained, good and simple experience on the subject, making my writing so much more difficult and my head all confused.

Thank you very much. May you be blessed with many good readings and lots of inspired writing for helping us all.

FatherlyneedFatherlyneedover 7 years ago
Enjoyed the hints!

I just finished a 30 part story, which I will call erotic fiction. It is my first effort. I enjoyed using your hints to 'grade' it.

Glad I did not see it before I wrote the story because I would not have learned by writing it as I did. My readers did probably suffer a bit as I fumbled about but most of the elements you list are prominent in the story .

I enjoyed your article ... thank you for posting it here. You are right, their are a lot of writers exploring this topic here.

OedipusErectusOedipusErectusover 6 years ago
Thank you

Thank you for writing this essay. I also differentiate between porn and erotica. The former leaves me cold. Moreover, if a romantic story strays into an overly long sexual escapade I often skip over that part. As one of the previous posters noted, the simple fact that a story has an incestuous theme is kink enough.

I think I picked the wrong username. Parent/Child incest is too over-the-top for me. I only enjoy sibcest stories between brothers and sisters of the same general age. And I have read some simply beautiful ones on this sight. Many of these I return to again and again.

honeylicker1124honeylicker1124over 6 years ago
Good essay

Just a point, I usually scan the LW section first to find a good cheating wife story (the one that she hides the affair until she is caught.) But there are getting few good ones of those, so then I will turn to the Incest/Taboo section.

My favorites are in this order:

1. Mother - Son

2. Brother - Sister

and that's it. any other parings are just to weird. Just a hint to those who are thinking of plots for your stories.

5 *'s

thedayafterthedayafterover 4 years ago
Hmm, Not sure

Can't necessarily disagree with the breakdown of the components of an incest story. But you see them if you read any good incest stories on this site, by good I mean ones you personally enjoy reading but also the comments to the story. The comments are quite telling on what appeals to readers as to what makes a good story.

I've just read 1337_Girl's two submissions which are now some 13 years old. They would probably had more credibility had she published stories of her own rather than just these two essays.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

The thing is, committing incest is, frequently, not a conscious decision - it just happens. Suddenly one finds that one has just committed incest. Prior to that, a warm loving relationship existed and then things just went beyond the boundary. Once started, there's no going back.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous