All Comments on 'Chance: A Day in May Ch. 07'

by the Troubador

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
peggytwittypeggytwittyabout 18 years ago
Intriguing set up of what’s to come

I truly had thought the story was over after the last chapter. Duncan is going to giver her what we read as incomplete or ambiguous information. On the surface I would think his reasons for the investigation would give anyone pause as to motive. He new this woman for two days and he is checking up on her husband comes off as very self-righteous and self-serving. Is he right in wondering if she would take this as a ploy to influence her towards turning to him for console or would she see it as very strange for one man to go check up on her husband. Is he doing this for her or is it for himself. Will this investigative information short circuit any real try to give the husband a second chance. How has what in years past had been a wonderful husband, changed so that he can’t see what he is losing if he doesn’t alter his ways now.

As I know all the chapters have been submitted what I’m doing now is saying how my mind perceives what I have read so far and wondering how this wonderful writers characters are going to broach my questions. For some reason I’m having trouble with a 20 year marriage being so close to dissolution without a forthright discussion of facts, and a fight to save it. This is driving my curiosity. This writer never has hero or heroin characters take marriage lightly. Which is a plus for me as I am pleasantly fretful for the next chapter.

I’m looking forward to the coming chapters and seeing how these characters interact.

I do so enjoy your writing and the fun of speculation where the fantasy goes from here. I think I’m normally 80% off the mark.

Thank you

With respect

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
What a delightful web you weave

Troubador:

You are a true literary expert. To see a continuence of the story is a great delight. Thank You. Ronnie W.

Nightowl22Nightowl22about 18 years ago
Very Good Story!

Helen could be in trouble. She's trying to talk herself out of intimacy with Duncan.

But Duncan, I am not sure of his motives. He says she'll hate him if he tells her about Gerry so he plans to tell her?? And I'm sure, if she believes the information about Gerry, she IS going to be extremely angry and she'll take it out on Duncan.

I think Duncan should keep big mouth shut. After all, Gerry went to Hong Kong maybe on business and having a high time along with it?

But where is the girl friend and why did she take off? Did she abscond with something important to Gerry?

For Gods sake, where are the answers?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous