All Comments on 'Just'

by annaswirls

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
This title 'Just'

Doesn't do this poem. I suggest another. Very hot image, annaswirls, thank you.

Many FeathersMany Feathersalmost 18 years ago
Loved it Anna...

Visual, along with the sounds painted of their moment together. Erotic, certainly naughty and exciting. Dangeous...thank you.

FlesFlesalmost 18 years ago
Simply lovely

Sensual yet soft and warm in the mind - thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Hot and raw

Very, very nice. Quick and clean language to describe something that is anything but. Not quite a perfect 100, but close enough.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Raw

unbridled poetry. Enough said.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Raw

unbridled poetry. Enough said.

cherries_on_snowcherries_on_snowalmost 18 years ago
Title and poem

The title emphasized, though, what I like most about the poem which is the repeated reference to dropping of pretense and other roles.

The word information in the first stanza seemed too clinical for the rest of the poem and made a little speedbump for me, making me reread the first paragraph before going on to the second and third (then going back up to double check before completing). This feels also to have an undercurrent of delusion for the narrator who is in the hotel room, but using the phrase 'every day' to describe the sex (a contrast which points to subtler undercurrents in the scene). Aligned with the hotel room is the use of the word whore, a word that usually puckers my sensibilities like unripe lemon. Unless, of course, it is used to mean an actual prostitute who chooses that name for herself. Here it didn't bother me, perhaps because of the hotel room.

Anyway, this was an engaging, rough-edged, raw poem in keeping with the theme and the title. Thank you for it, annaswirls.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous