All Comments on 'How To Write a Fifty-Word Story'

by oggbashan

Sort by:
  • 27 Comments
sophia janesophia janealmost 18 years ago
~

A fun how-to, especially since I love your 50 word stories! :)

hugo_samhugo_samalmost 18 years ago
A glimpse inside...

Thoughtful treatise on an Og specialty. Enjoyable. Thank you

Hugo

drksideofthemoondrksideofthemoonalmost 18 years ago
Well Done

Og, I love your 50 worders, they are all little gems on their own. This was a well done "How To", maybe we should have a 50 word contest someday, I think it would be interesting.

Good Luck!

drk

Aurora BlackAurora Blackalmost 18 years ago
I've always wondered...

...how you came up with your "Fifty" vignettes, and now I am thrilled by your technique.

Wonderful work as always, Og.

RedHairedandFriendlyRedHairedandFriendlyalmost 18 years ago
Thanks

I enjoyed your story. I have played a thread on Lit. where you had to write a story with 3 words someone gave you and use 50 words exactly, no more. . . no less. Good luck in the contest ~ Red.

ldlarry52ldlarry52almost 18 years ago
Great Idea

Great idea....the challenge in writing erotic stories is coming up with an orginal twist to familiar themes. Your fifty word story idea forces a writer to be orginal and unique. After writing fifteen fifty word stories a writer should be a more skilled writer....I hope to give it a try..

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Most of the stories I have tried to read here ....

should have been held to 50 words.

However most of the readers have not much good sexual experience and need to have good sex repeated and repeated and repeated and repeated ........until the story ends up being 5 pages long.

Then the editors give it an E and the readers give it a 5.

Me? Anything over 1 1/2 pages get's a 1.

Selena_KittSelena_Kittalmost 18 years ago
I forsee...

I forsee a "fifty-word story" contest in our future! :D Of COURSE this was your how-to... perfect! Loved it--almost as much as I love your 50-word stories :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
I love this!

I feel challenged and inspired now. I see fifteen fifty-word stories in my future. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, right? Great job as always! Good Luck in the Contest!

Boxlicker101Boxlicker101almost 18 years ago
Fun to Read

and I like reading your fifty word story submissions. I don't think I will be emulating you, though, because I don't think you can write decent (or properly indecent) smut in fifty words.

damppantiesdamppantiesalmost 18 years ago
I always wondered how you did it

Now I know. Thanks, Og. This was a very educational How To, and I really appreciate a peep into your mind. I particularly liked what you said about word choice and how it affects the mood or meaning of a story. I'm one of those people who wonder how you can write fifteen stories in one go, so 15 fifty word stories might not be in my future, but I wonder if some of us can get together and do a collaboration like the Snipps someday. :)

MunachiMunachialmost 18 years ago
i always enjoy your fifty word stories!

and now with your advice, maybe i'll try to write a few myself... maybe...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Interesting and insightful

There were some formatting problems which were a bit distracting.

Best of luck in the contest.

kbatekbatealmost 18 years ago
Always weird - but always interesting

Well, Ogg....

What can I say in 50 words. I think the story should have been written in a series of 50 word instructions. It would have been difficult - perhaps impossible, but that would have slammed the category in a new and more interesting way.

lindianalindianaalmost 18 years ago
Oh another tip....

If you are writing a series, leave a very long detailed map (ie set of instructions) at the top of your story so that your readers make sure they read every part of the story in order and thus also use up your word limit.

angelicminxangelicminxalmost 18 years ago
Well...

I noticed my comment never did show up, which means my vote didn't either (I hope). This one should give you the last one you need to at least qualify, provided you don't lose any when they sweep.

I'm rather long winded, so I find 50 word stories hard to do, lol. Good luck, Og. ~Minx

elfin_odalisqueelfin_odalisquealmost 18 years ago
Take you to the silver jubilee

With all the brilliant analysis of 50-worders, couldn't you work it up to be a single piece about plotting and content that all we wannabees could study?

Loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
~

I'm a fan of your fifties, as you know... and I believe I may be inspired to try my hand at them once again. Thanks for the tips, as well as the inspiration! And, of course, good luck in the contest. ^_^

CrimsonMaidenCrimsonMaidenalmost 18 years ago
Informative

Nice little how-to, Og. Very concise and to the point. (as much as the 50 word stories have to be)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Did not read the story

gave you a 5.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
I DID read the story...

And gave it a 5 anyway. ;) Nice work Og. Informative and funny. Gave me a few ideas, too.

Congrats on winning.

KOLKOREKOLKOREalmost 16 years ago
Got me intrigued!

I think I am going to try some, thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Just one thing

I loved the article and found it very helpful, I will definately try some of your advice. From one writer to another, because I do this all time and hate it when I see it later...in your first 50 word story example you have the domanant face sitter yelling Pay rise now. I think you want it to be pay raise. ?? I wouldn't be so picky but it totally changes the end for me when you interchange the words. Anyhoo- thanks for the tips.

Scotsman69Scotsman69over 14 years ago
In the UK

You get a pay RISE. If you are very lucky!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
really

wow!

CinnerCinnerover 11 years ago
Recommendation

You ought to recommend this to Litertotica as a new category in the Survivor Contest. This would be a genuine challenge for the contestants! I think that it would be fun!

Perhaps you could discuss some rules with the Moderators before the 2013 Contest. Should I suggest they contact you?

RoperTraceRoperTraceabout 2 years ago

Ogg, this is my first comment on any of your stories. I think you did a great job laying out a format for writing fifty work stories and developing future storylines.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
useroggbashan@oggbashan
1527 Followers
Can I now change bio? oggbashan was diagnosed as terminally ill and expected to be dead by June 2018. As you can see. I am still here. . As long as I can I will continue writing and posting on Literotica but there will be an end - soon. I don't expect anyone to like ALL of my...