All Comments on 'The Joke'

by allforall

Sort by:
  • 110 Comments
wishful1wishful1almost 18 years ago
Important issue treated powerfully

The important lesson of this tale is that "practical" jokes are often very damaging to people. "Practical" jokers, in my opinion, commonly are not very kind or considerate of others. They want to do something that is funny for them, but not for the person they are playing the trick on. The same thing can be said of barbed humor: it is usually not humorous to those against whom it is directed. I suppose you'll get some negative feedback, accusing you of not having a sense of humor, but I strongly support your thesis in this tale. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
I assumed that by the company hireing a white

person and it was a computer company that all of the employees were asian. I have yet to see a computer where all the employees are black, or at least one that was worth anything. Should have been puit in interracial.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
i like this story

ok, so it wasnt written well, but i like this story better than the other LW story(5th place).

the paced nicely, and it did ask the proper question and the wife have answered what she really thought about it.

good job.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
what a bizarre story!

I enjoyed reading it, but what kind of lunatic does what Nancy did?

Even if the sex was faked, there's still a tape of her getting naked and simulating sex with three of her co-workers. How could any sane woman imagine that her husband would find that funny, or in any way acceptable?

So--quite hard to believe, but an entertaining tale!

ohio

LightontheSoundLightontheSoundalmost 18 years ago
Good Story

Reading this story, it felt like like I was looking at a neat idea that made it to paper. In it's basic plot it was a lot of fun. It could have used more characterization, a more developed ending, etc. Still it struck me as interesting and different. Keep it up.

the Troubadorthe Troubadoralmost 18 years ago
Interesting and different, but

The story was original, though the possible thoughts and actions were not fleshed out well.

What left me feeling at sea was the epilogue. In the body of the story you never mentioned that the husband was unhappy or churlish or what ever, just that he didn't find the jokes funny. Then in the epilogue you say he had changed and was sunny and had a positive attitude. How was this different from the way the man was before the "joke?"

It doesn't take a great sense of humor, or a humor akin to those around you to be sunny and cheerful.

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 18 years ago
EH-- could of been a lot better

very predictable...

Hubby is a wimp

what did the wife suffer or the co-workers? loss of job?

Big fucking deal... I would of spread the tape all around town to her friends and her family

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
irony on top of irony

the irony about this story is this: it actually had a rather good little premise and it had good potential, til the very end,,,, that it COULD HAVE WORKED; the author didn't think it thoroughly enough, so the story broke apart towards the very end. but it wasn't until the very end that the story actually sunk.

when the sister said, "Okay, your story --- as well as the tape itself --- is so STUPID, I have to believe you: that it actually happened ast you said, and not as it APPEARED on tape and that you guys used foreign objects on or inside you, rather than George, Jamal, and Snoop-Dog's real dicks.

"Gosh, sister, to think you spent all that time, effort, money to set up such elaborate setting, just to get what you call a sense of humor from your husband?, a great guy who just doesn't laugh at all of your jokes? You gotta be out of your mind,,,, or you are really crazy and don't deserve him,,, but you're my sister and I know you better,,,"

the reason I said the story actually had potential were lines/thoughts like that.

but it turned out, towards the very end, that it was NANCY who neither sense of humor, nor wit, nor maturity, or intelligence.

but, really, it's not "Nancy," the character's fault; it is clearly the AUTHOR's "fault" for starting off with potentials --- of at least having the story being a potentially FUNNY STORY --- and ending up being too serious and then seriously FLAWED, by having Nancy quickly becoming impossibly and unnecessarily dumb!! lol

for example, if "Nancy" were to have said something complementary to what her to-be-ex-husband said, and said: "Sorry, honey, you're absolutely corret. The waht-ever-effort-it-took attempt to fool you, with the exaggerated and elaborate taping, making it so real it fooled everyone, including my own very eyes, though I KNOW we did not actually do it,,,, it's been a terribly bad and uncalled for attempt at lightening you up, to get some sense of humor into and out of you. I disgusted myself for having spent all that time, with those three co-workers, trying to come up with a tape so possibly unwittingly damaging to all of us involved,,,

"we're so involved in trying to fool you, we actually fooled ourselves, not realizing, for example, that the tape could hold only 20 minutes but our act went on for some 23 minutes; obviously you didn't get to see the last 3 minutes, not captured, which explained all this fiasco; but you must know, it's just a lame, no-brain attempt at humor; it LOOKED sick, yes.

"Now I know you do have humor, even if they're dry; but I also wanted you to laugh at some of the things I laught about, too, because I love you and I know you love me,,,

"I truly am sorry over the whole fiasco; we got caught up with the whole elaboration of the taping, the supposed joke, and didn't spend enough time thinking how it might affect you or any other person who might see it. Please, forgive me."

that and other funny lines would have made the short story really funny, serious, and intelligent at the same time!

Otherwise, why have the sister track him down, have him call and then tell him if he did not intend to go on and change and BECOME funny and have the kind of sense of humor she thought he ought to be having, like her co-workers, for example, that they should go ahead and divorce?

and, due to her over-the-top stunt, by NOW, she's JOBLESS, too, don't forget!

Why not just have your character, Nancy, say: "Okay, that humorless dickhead, if he doesn't believe me and rather thumbs through the bible and pray for 5 hours before falling asleep, I'm better off without him anyway,,"?, that is, if she really DID NOT LIKE, much less love, him?

Why have her being "sad" and "depressed" after the divorce, which she wanted? after all, she said she would not stay with a man who didn't have a sense of humor like she wanted him to have and who was not going to get that kind of sense of humor, right?

Point is: The AUTHOR made the husband self-aware. For example, to the "audience," he said:

"I don't have any sense of humor; the only one lacking it, at Genius Computer Inc. I was the first White person they hired." That showed SELF-AWARENESS, that showed HE HAD a keen sense of humor, even if "dry." That portrayal of the guy came across well,,,

It's the portrayal of Nancy having a sense of humor that did not pan out well,,, But the IRONY is, the story is supposed to evolved around HUMOR, however dark it is, indeed, even if it (or the lack of it) does get you in trouble!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
More

I liked the story but wanted more. Thanks for your time.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Good

I guess you can't teach an old dog (or husband) new tricks.

Boyd

daluentdaluentalmost 18 years ago
hey anonymous!

I have a friend who is black and has his own computer company doing quite well, and he's the lead technician. Go back to your racist closet asshole! Anyway using dildoes to put in various holes is considered sex, stupid bitch. Another brain dead wife with completely no sense of humour. Only a retard would think that was funny. Allforall you write very well With high regards, Luis

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
i agree with the coments of irorny on irony

i agree with the comments of irorny on irony below,

but i feel it deserves at least 75.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Excellent new twist in this story

Excellent fun read. The joke theme is new to me and makes a nice twist. The wife's behavior even without penatration is not acceptable. Fortunately the husband is not a whimp and will not end up putting up with it. He is better off with out her. A woman/wife deserves everything that resulted.

Roger

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
I

Even if they were only sticking dildos up her I can see why no one would appreciate the 'joke'

xbowxbowalmost 18 years ago
Should have been in Humor and Satire category

How can hurting and/or pissing someone off give them a sense of humor? Nancy's and her buddies stripped and they fucked her. The fact that they 'only' fucked her with dildos doesn't change that. This action is so incredibly stupid that it ruins the plot line for me.

I also felt that all of the characters needed further development. They all seemed shallow to the point of being caricatures. One example, when Nancy explained what she did and why to her sister Elaine reaction was calm and matter of fact. She was just a cardboard cut out in the story to arrange the last conversation between Nancy and Roger. Another is when Roger called to speak with Nancy. This is the first contact with her husband that she supposedly loves since her plan blew up in her face and she was served with divorce papers and what does she say? "Oh, where are you? When can I see you?"

The basic premise of the story (Nancy wants to change/improve her husband and goes too far) was interesting. But it needed a more realistic ‘treatment plan’ by Nancy and better character development to be a good story.

XBow

peggytwittypeggytwittyalmost 18 years ago
Interesting start

I agree with Troubador, and Xbow, except on the category being humor. You do need some real emotions in these characters.

You should keep writing your stories. Looking forward to what you come up with next.

PT

Xman72357Xman72357almost 18 years ago
Great start to your story with but....

The problem with the wife’s attitude is she sees no problem with her and the three co-workers being nude and making believe they had sex. Even if the ending was on the tape He should have still divorced her for doing that alone. Also the time and effort to set the taping up and to actually only simulate it is ludicrous. There is no way she can prove that she did not actually do anything before or after the actual taping even if the missing three minutes were there.

Keep on writing you should only get better. The only way to really learn is to post your stories and use the constructive criticism to help you improve. Look forward to seeing more posting from you.

jaggers0053jaggers0053almost 18 years ago
better than i expected

i don't view the husband as a wimp, as a few reviewers asserted, but rather as very meek.

i was afraid this story was going down the tubes with husband going back to wife. i especially felt that way after the sister got involved and husband called his wife. some said story finished poorly but i disagree. i think the following lines from the end were the master stroke to the story....

" "Yes, you are. But that is not the issue. If we get back together, can you live with me the way I am, or will you keep trying to change me?"

I hesitated but said, "I think I can live with you as you are."

"And if you can't?"

"Then I will divorce you."

"So why shouldn't I just divorce you now instead of trying to please you?""

overall i thought it was a pretty good story.

regards,

don

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
It's not a joke unless it's funny

Roger might not have had much of a sense of humor, but who really would have thought it was funny to see their wife naked with three other men even if they were only pretending to have sex? The woman has no sense of morals or respect for her wedding vows if she even considers getting naked in front of three men that she isn't married to. She also has a very sick sense of humor if she believes that a fake sex tape will shock her husband, who she describes as a "stick in the mud", into having a sense of humor. It probably would have been less painful for Roger had the last few minutes of their little show been on the tape and they had been able to show the dildos and laugh at their joke. If my wife were to ever pull a joke like that on me I'd kill her and whoever else was in the video with her whether they had actually done it or not.

Oh, and even the so called realistic dildos look fake and it would be very difficult to shoot a video of three men fucking one woman without showing parts of their bodies connected to their cocks so it is highly unlikely that such a video could be shot in one attempt, especially by people that were unskilled with a camera.

Not a bad concept, but the result is about as pleasing as falling head first into a septic tank.

Kanga40Kanga40almost 18 years ago
I'm with Roger

I didn't see how someone could think what they did was a joke.

As a comment below said, wife naked with 3 men and videotaped - a joke?.

She was obvioulsy penetrated, even if only with dildoes. Who put them in her? The three guys got no sexual excitement out of it?

Sorry, a good idea, but not done well.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
A Good Premise...

but poor implementation resulted in an average story. I also credited you for a new spin on the cheating wife theme.

Did she or did she not cheat on her husband? What if the joke was to create a videotape showing her fucking three co-workers and then convince her husband that it was all a fake (by making a 3 minute ending telling him that it was a joke)? What if the silly four expected him to be so overwhelm by the "joke" that he would not involve anyone else.

Anyway your premise that the trickster can be too smart for their own good was excellent. Some of the problems in the story I saw were

- How do you fake an orgy so well that even people on your

side (i.e., wife's sister) can not tell it is a fake?

You would have to script the action so tight that there

would be plenty of excess footage which could show how

you did it. In the story no one came forth with that

footage.

- I do not understand the religious context to the story.

Was the Reverend's intervention necessary for the Mr.

Banes to do the right thing? Most businesses

(especially those who depend on the goodwill of other

businesses) have moral clauses. His presence detracted

from the focus of the story.

- Same comment as above for the KKK reference. What

minister is going to call in those thugs to hurt his own

flock?

- The legal aspects of the story were out of order - no

Judge can order a divorce without both sides being

represented in the courtroom.

- The ending appeared rushed. Was Nancy depressed because

she could not change Roger or because she loved him? It

also seemed that she was not happy with her sex life.

Bottom Line: Good story with a few flaws. Thanks!

SleeplessinMD

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Characterization anyone?

You have managed to create characters that are barely one-dimensional. You have given my nothing to like or dislike about them, they are flat. The story itself is flat.

gizzmo301gizzmo301almost 18 years ago
interesting

a different kind of cheating story nice

charleybearcharleybearalmost 18 years ago
Only One Problem

The story as written is interesting and has its elements that make it a good story. The title kind of gives away the premise of the videotape, but that didn't matter because you got us there quite well anyway.

Some think the whole idea is stupid and of course it was. Some think he is a wimp and he wasn't exactly the assertive type. None of that causes me to dislike the story.

What I do have a problem with is the way they got married in the first place. She knew what kind of a man he was. She knew he wasn't a sexual dynamo. She knew he had no sense of humor. He didn't hide himself from her at all. Yet she hotly pursued him. Forced the entire relationship with him and even forced a rather quick marriage to him. Why the hell would she do that??? I actually thought at first that the joke was that she married him in the first place. (as it indeed was)

But knowing him as he was the fact that she married him at all is what is so stupid and makes the rest of the story seem unrealistic.

She couldn't have really loved him in the first place when she makes her final comment. paraphrased: If I can't live with you the way you are and I can't change you I will divorce you. End of marriage.

Thanks for a very interesting story.

Charleybear

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Interesting premise but poor execution

Your idea of turning the tables on the practical jokers was good, but you could have built a better story around it. I was enjoying the story, but only because I was expecting a different ending. Consider the story with the following changes:

1) The tape was produced by using "smart" video editing software (developed by Genius Computer) to put the faces of the "jokers" on the actors in an existing porn tape. Thus the jokers were never even naked together.

2) The husband saw the tape complete with the ending that explained the joke, but he and his boss produced a new tape that made it look like the original tape had the ending missing. They do this as a reverse practical joke to teach the original jokers a lesson.

3) Remove elements that are unnecessary to the story and that other reviewers have objected to.

4) Adjust other parts of the story as necessary. This may include adjusting the level of the consequences of the reverse practical joke to make the level of the punishment fit the level of the crime.

Then "The Joke" of the title would be the counter practical joke that the husband and the boss work out (inspite of their reputations of having no sense of humor) to teach the jokers a lesson. It is more credible that you could shock someone who over indulges in practical jokes into changing their behabior than that you could shock someone into acquiring a taste for practical jokes by playing an especially mean joke on them.

The reverse practical joke (and thus the true meaning of the title) is not revealed to the readers until the end. "He who laughs last laughs best."

Nightowl22Nightowl22about 17 years ago
Not a good joke.

In fact, I don't see how ANYONE could expect a husband to be jollied about his wife being naked with three guys, let alone fucking them. I just can't imagine laughing at it and I'm certaintly not married to her. Any humour is entirely lost on me.

Alvaron53Alvaron53about 17 years ago
Good idea, so-so execution

Average quality writing. There aren't many grammatical mistakes nor typographical errors but the prose is stiff, doesn't flow well. It needs something, more liveliness, more verve, something.

<P>

Good plotline, decent enough character development. The ending is believable but it's harsh. There's no angst at the break-ups and everyone is oh-so-dour. While I'm not a fan of practical jokes, the characters in this story really do need to lighten up. Nancy's intention was good but her method was terrible.

<P>

Pretty good story overall. I thank you for your effort.

EspressoBolusEspressoBolusover 16 years ago
Original idea

Great idea. What you wrote is well done. Keep trying on the characterization.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Great

I am not an English teacher like the other comments. It was a great story about a normal guy with a stupid wife.

marriedwithballsmarriedwithballsabout 16 years ago
I read your last line and it sent shivers through

me. (but he can accept being alone if that is the price for his personal integrity.) I have tried and tried for years to give myself reason for myself. I have a problem with women. I am older man but I still have my integrity. Many women want to have sex but it is in a new wave sort of way where you have it with out feelings. I can't do that so in effect I have stopped looking. Your ending hit me right between the eyes. Personal integrity seems to be something that is in short supply nowadays. Money and greed rule the roost. If you aren't trying your best to make more and more then you're weird. I try and live healthier and do without the things of the world that I used to crave. I think that if somehow then we were suddenly without all the cute little trappings that we hold dear to our way of life, then I would be used to it. I feel that the day is coming. And sooner than expected.

The wife in the story illustrates a growing number of idiots in our society. Not only are people becoming dumber they are becoming more insane. The wife in the story and her joker co-workers show the symptoms of a society where reality is out the window. Make no mistake about it. The story is real and is becoming more real everyday with people trying to escape a world that they can't understand, they allowed it to be created, They are retreating into the JOKE where dumb is the king and intelligent thought is no fun...Well the jokes on you...or will be and I would laugh if I wouldn't be crying so hard.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Hardy har har har...The Jokesters got their due

It's hell to try and exist in the world of work with people that are idiots...that's right idiots. The idiots control everything...they are in places of power...They hate people that they can't intimidate with their stupidity. Glad to see that some one gave it to them in aces. They got what they deserved...if not for the right reason then for their stupid jokes...marriedwithballs@yahoo.com

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Innovative story

This was a very strange story,but you have to give the author credit for writing one of the more innovative plots I've read this year. As many have said it probably should be in the satire bracket, but the sad ending makes the story kind of a depressing tragedy. Interesting and unusual though.

60 year old George

KOLKOREKOLKOREalmost 16 years ago
A rarity: truly original story!

Despite some awkwardness in the flow of the narrative it was an interesting story which brought a lot of interesting issues, perhaps even few more future variations on the theme of joking/practical joking in relations. . <P>

A joke could and many times is a thin cover for aggression or a defense for one's weaknesses. Sure enough, the story shows that the weakest link in the couple was not exactly the husband...As many have commented if nobody laughs who’s could claim it to be a joke? That would certainly be one of the first questions any therapist would have brought with this woman if she ever found her way to one... <P> Another angle which was flushed out here - strange how ‘humor’ shifts direction according to where one sits relative to the practical joke…When you are the one who is stung, somehow one's sense of humor seems to deflate considerably, as was the case with one of the coconspirators who suspected that he was the target to a practical joke by the husband. Nevertheless, he was NOT in any mood to laugh... <P>Again, interesting and original, thanks!

bruce22bruce22almost 16 years ago
Interesting

I really enjoyed it. Why can't he find gals who will date

him? They might not be enthusiastic enough to accept a second date but he did not seem to be that rejectable in the story. Or did it all get published in the local newspaper?

And why didn't Nancy at least get Mike off the hook? Perhaps she was hiding something! Top grade writing.

For me, just getting nude with the guys was enough to decide that I did not really need her around my house... It would end there. Another observation, I really do not understand what was funny about the joke!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
As I veiw and always have, people with this type

of practical sense of humor are mentally ill. The male star of this show is a normal male with a normal sense of humor. The wife is a self centered, egotistical, manipulative, low class, mentally off, sexual deviant. Even if she didnt directly have sex with the men, she got nude with them and simulated sex woth sex toys, anyone except Bill Clinton would call this sex even if they didnt use cigars. Have to wonder why she didnt get medically tested to save the other guys marriage, maybe because she knew she was infected? The guy was right, why stay married to a mentally defective slut! He has nothing to gain and everything to lose.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Interesting premise

The premise of the story is interesting but the writing leaves much to be desired. To me, the characters are cardboard. He has no sense of humor and Nancy is a joker. I understand that but their interaction is limited to the repetition of those facts. It take too long for me to discover that he is proud and she is stupid. That is where their characters end.

toesmantoesmanover 13 years ago
Oh, well...

Again, an interesting setup, & a sorta good outcome. But, there are numerous spelling errors, including the name of the company's boss "Barnes" or "Banes" whichever, not to mention grammatical errors. Maybe you should consider getting a good copy editor.

bigguy323bigguy323over 13 years ago
It would improve the story if Roger had erased the last three minutes after copying the entire tape. Then after all the consequences, send copies of the WHOLE tape to all concerned with a What! you can't take a joke? note on the tape.

That would improve the story.

DWornockDWornockalmost 13 years ago
Very creative and original so I gave it a 5.

The fault I find is that Nancy is depressed. She would not be depressed because she was not willing to stay married to her husband unless he changed. If she wanted to remain married and not attempt to change her husband and her husband divorced her anyway then and only then would Nancy be depressed.

Basically Nancy is outgoing so would quickly find another guy.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
LONELY ISNT A GAG

its a lousy way for existing and a sense of humor is innate. TK U MLJ LV NV

JLRemoraJLRemoraover 12 years ago
Can't take a joke

It was certainly different. I suspect that some people have done worse when pulling jokes on others. There is a fine line between humor and down right tasteless, and they not only crossed over into tasteless, but wallowed in it, too.

The story offered a fair perspective from two view points. Which helped explain both sides of the story. The problem is the plot left a bad taste on my mind. Otherwise, the writing is well done.

chytownchytownover 12 years ago
Ha Ha!!!!!!!

HEE HEE!

MrVdogMrVdogalmost 12 years ago
Some joke.

A married woman who participates in making a tape of herself having simulated sex with three men without her husband's permission or participation has committed adultery. Whether she was penetrated by actual body parts does not signify. The only way it's an "innocent joke" is if her presence is faked - another person is made up to look like her, or something like that.

My wife + three men + one or more dildos + real or simulated sex acts = divorce

Danger09Danger09over 11 years ago
WTF ?

I think it was a stupid joke that wasn't even funny. She's either a complete fucking moron or she needs to grow the hell up--I'm thinking its both! When she met/married him she knew he didn't have a sense of humor so I don't understand her obsession compulsion to want to change that. Did she ever wonder that maybe what was funny to her wasn't funny to him ? I don't think grown ass adults should be pulling pranks as if they're a 6 year old. I don't really see how this idiot possibly thought video taping a fake orgy & sending it to her husband was going to awaken his sense of humor. Common sense would've told her that nobody especially her dull husband was going to laugh. I don't even get the punch line so I know why roger never found any of their jokes funny . Her sister asked her if she wanted roger back, she had to think about, if she really wanted him she would've answered the question then & there not sleep on it. I do think they needed to get divorce regardless if it was a joke, she didn't love roger for who he is, she tried to change him, when you love someone you have to love/tolerate all of them not just what you choose to accept. She should've respected his choice. Who the hell is she to tell roger what's funny & what's not? Not everyone has the same sense of humor, for instance I don't get whoppy cushions I think it's stupid & only a 3 year old would find it funny.

semofuncpl3semofuncpl3over 11 years ago
And who said

that God gave all women brains. I think I have know some women who were that stupid. My ex wife is one.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 11 years ago
Excellent Concept with Pedestrian Execution !

We all know people like this who don't seem to have boundaries . If their so-called joke is funny to them alone, but painful to others . Tough shit. Well it was funny to me how the so-called jokesters played themselves . I don't want to go on about the writing, because it's evident the author is a novice. Practice will change that.

The story drew me in and that's the main thing. Thanks for the read & food for thought.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 11 years ago
Had potential

The dialogue needs work. Too wooden.

RhomanovRhomanovabout 11 years ago
Mannequin Style

A bit stiff.

tazz317tazz317about 11 years ago
#2 USUALLY A LACK OF PUSSY MAKES A MAN ADVENTEROUS

not stupid and acceptable. TK U MLJ LV NV

BDEarthBDEarthalmost 11 years ago
Interesting start.....

...but it never went anywhere. Better luck next time.

BDEarthBDEarthalmost 11 years ago
and another thing

Why was it important to point out that Roger and Nancy were the only two white people at the company? After reading the entire story it just didn't make sense.

sbart921sbart921almost 11 years ago
No Joke

So ... she is filmed naked using a dildo in a room with multiple guys that work with her husband. Doesn't that bother anyone?

Good riddance slut wife.

MrVdogMrVdogalmost 11 years ago
yeah, really-

what sbart921 said! some funny joke there... I bet working in that place is just a laff riot.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Well that was just.....

silly. First of all, what possible difference did the color of anyone's skin matter to the story line? And at the end Roger has a "happy outlook on life and his personal integrity" but no sense of humor and no love life? And Nancy went from not being sure she could live with Roger to she's permanently depressed and she refused to be tested? There sure are a lot of people in this story doing improbable things for no seemingly good reasons. In the end, that's why this story failed.

elHosedelHosedover 10 years ago
Odd...

...little tale. "Simulating" fucking using strap-ons or real fucking using dicks. Yeah, that's the same thing.

lonerider10lonerider10over 10 years ago
try again

even in this fucked up society i doubt this type of thing ever happens. it would take sick bitch to do this. in the real world the shit would have hit the fan

lonerider10lonerider10over 10 years ago
lots of wind and wasted space

you cant run a car on farts anymore than you can try to convince the rest of us. Anonymous, how ever many you number, shut the fuck up

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
W.T.F.

The worst thing about this story is trying to make me believe in the Getto computer co.,thats laughable.

sugnasugnaabout 10 years ago
Good!

Good ending, yes it is better to be alone than with someone who doesn't love you and respect you. Indeed, she didn't love him that was proven by her actions. No spouse could ever do anything so disrespectful and call it love. He is better off on his own, he needs to grow a bit and think about the kind of people he needs in his life. Smart people are generally incompatible with foolish people.

javmor79javmor79about 10 years ago
Not plausible

I didn't like this story for the simple fact that I can't picture this really happening. No matter if they actually fucked her or not, they all got naked and parts were touched. Who would play a joke like this? Who would actually think this was funny enough to try? On my job we play a lot of jokes on each other, but they usually consist of shaking somebody's soda can when their back is turned, or sending them gay porn in their email. We have never stripped one of the females down and pretended to fuck them. Not that we wouldn't want to, but that is not a joke. So because I find this story implausible, I have to give it a 1.

GoodhueGoodhueabout 8 years ago
A Bunch of Stupid People!

It seems as though every character in this story had the IQ of a houseplant!

Why would fun-loving wifey hook up with humorless Roger in the first place?And Roger,in addition to being humorless must be a real wimp to have Nancy dictate his life to him from the first date.

And then we have the Foolish Four. Even if Roger was convinced that it had been a joke I do not believe he,or even someone was a sharp sense of humor,would find seeing a video suggesting that his wife was gang banged by 3 guys,especially black down in the south,was anywhere near funny! Insulting,mean,disrespectful,YES,but not funny. Besides,how'd they "fake" everybody being naked? So it wasn't totally fake at all!

Best ending to this story would have had all of the main characters gathered in the courthouse,waiting to be gang-divorced,when the boiler blew up scattering the bunch of them over 3 zip codes!

RhomanovRhomanovover 7 years ago
***

Potential. Great plot.

Too bad the end just kind of died and the characters had double digit IQs.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Missing 2 and a half hours

What were Nancy and her friends doing between 9:30 and Midnight after they sent Roger the tape and before they intended to surprise him?

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Good start, bad finish

Why would Nancy be upset? She can find another job. She's pretty. So no problem for her. Roger, on the other hand, pays a big price for not believing his wife and not having a sense of humor. Your assertion that he has a happy outlook on life rang hollow. He's still the same stick in the mud he once was. This started out pretty well, but the ending fell flat on it's proverbial face. Not good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
This was really rushed

from start to finish. Very little human emotion and really dumb people. I gave it 2 stars and that was generous.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
She Made It Shameful To Be Named Nancy

I agree that this entire story felt rushed and lacking in emotion. She complains about Roger's lack of a sense of humor. But he has not criticized her for being scatterbrained and the biggest moron in the state. I would find it impossible to go back and live with her. Afterall, she did undress completely in front of men who were not her husband and pretended to have all manner of sex with them. So, she did, in fact break her marriage vows. Nancy.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 6 years ago
Damn

A joke, huh? Why didn't she just put a match in his shoe and watch him jump as it burned? Now that is funny. Now for her nothing is funny. Stupid idiot.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
he was... betrayed!

a fat cock smoked, a cornhole buggered, betrayed!

tazz317tazz317almost 6 years ago
STAND BY YOUR GUNS

and the man stays macho TK U MLJ LV NV

Mauser45Mauser45almost 6 years ago
?

Sorry, I'm struggling to follow the supposed logic behind this 'joke'. The ending completely ruined it for me, because Roger ended up completely and utterly alone

danoctoberdanoctoberover 5 years ago
Can you imagine...

Pulling a joke like this on your spouse? No way! I liked the story, but the wife was a malicious person to do that to her husband. I give you a 5 for effort. Keep writing.

PowersworderPowersworderover 5 years ago

In my experience, practical jokers tend to be dickheads. However, this idiot wife and her asshole friends took it to a new level of douchebaggery.

An interesting story, but it felt strangely dispassionate. I think it really missed a proper confrontation between husband and wife, where he explains just how painful it was to watch her commit adultery with three men. Whether she actually did the deed or not, she fully intended him to feel the horrible sense of loss and betrayal that infidelity brings.

That's not a joke, that's pure sadism.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I Have Never Met An Intelligent Joker

People who seem to be proud of their sense of humor seldom care when others are hurt by their jokes. Most jokesters who think their sense of humor is a sign of intelligence actually come off as brain dead. Numerous jokesters who were once my coworkers found themselves unemployed. Great story.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Funny

I thought this was another take on the classic LW story The Joke, covered by so many great authors. Instead, it's a entirely new joke. Not a bad one either, a completely different approach. Admire man who sticks to his principles.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
Meh

If someone doesn't have a sense of humor, playing a joke on them isn't going to "teach" them a sense of humor, it's just going to make them mad!

Even without the sex, they all got naked together! And without a cameraman, how are they going to get the precise angles to hide the men's cocks? They used dildos? So they WERE penetrating her, airtight, even if not with their cocks!

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 5 years ago
I don't get the ending.

She's all excited to hear from him, but if she can't live with him the way he is she will divorce him? What the hell?! The story isn't consistent.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
This story is a joke

it's just soooo far fetched.

ThematchthatBurnsThematchthatBurnsalmost 5 years ago
As you sow so shall ye reap!

Laugh that off bitch!

I trust that the good wives screwed the earth out of the bastards!

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchalmost 5 years ago
There's nothing useful or funny about humor at friends expense, especially the ultra lame ass crap called practical jokes. Of course only an idiot would try this "Joke"

Condescending bunch of imperceptive and inconsiderate twerps.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Just_Words 12/18/18 "The story isn't consistent."

Neither are women

jtwheelsjtwheelsalmost 5 years ago
I hate most pranks practical jokes etc most are stupid not funny Gallagher I liked

Maybe contradiction but he was not hurting anyone

I agree pathetic people who would do anything like that

Not in least bit funny

Good riddance to bitch and bastards

3 stars for ending there is a lot of good women out there who would love someone like him. Had friend very intelligent not much into jokes etc tried bar scene etc found girlfriend who became wife at singles group played volleyball etc loved happily ever after

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
“The Joke”, also known as ....

“The story of a Woman” who pursued and married a man she was totally incompatible with. Now she seems surprised that they do not get along socially or sexually. He’s dull but she’s just plain stupid.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Second time

Still admire a principled man even if he can't take a joke. Practical jokes don't do well in LW.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Set aside the fact

That she deserved to be divorced, even if it was a joke, because her complete and utter lack of any respect for her husband was grounds enough. The way she spoke about him, and thought about him, meant she in no way deserved to be married to him.

Set that aside. She cheated on him! If the video was believable enough that everyone from her husband, her boss, the preacher, a judge, all the families involved and everyone in between thought it was real, then they weren't humping the air, wearing clown costumes! They were all naked. She got naked, on a bed, with 3 naked men. Thats cheating. They might not have stuck their cocks in her, but they still fucked her! She said it herself, that the end was cut off the video where they showed the dildos they used! That's cheating in anyones book! Deserved everything she got and more.

SwordWielderSwordWielderalmost 4 years ago
Nice Story

Everyone has a different sense of humor (i.e. what they find funny). Telling a joke is one thing, pulling a practical joke on someone is a another matter. This "joke" had her naked with 3 men (none of them her husband) and simulating having sex with them. To say this was in bad taste is an understatement. Roger will gain confidence and will find someone that will love him for who is. Nancy will have to live forever that she through away a good guy because she wasn't satisfied with his sense of humor. She and the 3 jokers paid a serious price, and sometimes that is the only way some people learn.

lujon2019lujon2019over 3 years ago

So she didnt actual have "sex", the guys just fucked her with strapons instead?

AbctoyAbctoyover 3 years ago
OK read.

I waffed on this one between a 3 and 4. Finally a 3 won out. Just felt something was off in the writing. It had potential for a 4 but missed the mark.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 3 years ago
I read it again.

I liked it a lot more. She's nuts and she really does have no idea what she wants in life or what is important. I was especially taken by "...we were uncomfortable around him..." She related more to her friends than to her husband. She is seriously broken. That's a good story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I have no idea what the fuck I just read.

iameaseliameaselabout 3 years ago

Shes not well.

Neither is the thought process that went into this story.

traddisagaintraddisagainalmost 3 years ago

well as they all took their clothes off and Nancy was penetrated ? with dildos by the men I would accept that as infidelity. A stupid prank with total disrespect on Rodger. Divorce is the only outcome.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 3 years ago

Joke,huh?

I like a good joke but this just brought out the lack of love she had for her husband. She earned her divorce. Fuck her. Fuck them all, the joke's on them.

whateverittakeswhateverittakesover 2 years ago

A disclaimer should be posted at the beginning of this inane story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Hard to believe that 4 people would be that stupid. So the premise here only works if all 4 are morons.

Heck even if it was obvious they were dildos, then 3 guys who her husband works took turn doing her with dildos then made her "air tight". I'd call that "doing her" and it adds up to divorce for a lot of folks --- for infidelity or being stupid or both.

You would never even get to a discussion to "change him".

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

BITCH serves you right.

servant111servant111about 2 years ago

One line explains it all. Roger, tongue firmly in cheek, spouts a crooked smirk, turns back to his now ex wife Nancy, and says: “God can fix anything.:. But God can’t fix stupid…”.

LMOL. 5 stars.

rn2711rn2711about 2 years ago

I don't see the story here.

4 morons used dildos while being naked. Isn't that cheating even if the tape was complete? How will it teach the husband anything except that his wife does not respect him?

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 2 years ago

The problem with "practical" jokes is that they're rarely practical.

\

I hope he didn't literally drool over Nancy!

\

He's not dull, he's dim-witted! Nobody can be as slow on the uptake as he was, to not have sex when she took him to her apartment.

\

"Roger will get mad and start playing jokes on us and he will finally develop a sense of humor." - What kind of "logic" is that?

\

"I honestly don't know if I have to change Roger." - Then she's doomed. IF she's to get Roger back, she MUST accept him as he is. If anything, SHE has to change and stop all the "practical jokes."

\

What difference does it make if Nancy was tested or not? If Mike was tested and was clean, that's all that should matter.

\

Why were his clothes all scattered around?

\

Even if the sex was faked, they all got naked, that's pretty bad by itself. As for faking the sex, that would be hard to do, especially with multiple partners, even with professional special effects, I can't see it being done in an amateur video. I mean, the guys would have to be wearing strap-ons with invisible straps and somehow hide their cocks. And they're STILL presumably penetrating her! These people couldn't even time a recording properly, and they thought they could pull off a fake sex scene that even professional soft-core porn films couldn't do.

\

charleybear had a good point about how she KNEW what he was like, why did she pursue and marry him in the first place?

\

@Anonymous had a great idea with the tape being a deep-fake (obviously without the jokers getting naked), then with the reverse joke of the reveal of the joke being removed to get back at the jokers.

\

@Anonymous Re: "Missing 2 and a half hours" - Yes, what WERE they doing between finishing the tape and going to his house?

\

@Anonymous Re: "Good start, bad finish" - Why couldn't he have a happy outlook and still be a stick-in-the-mud? He always was before.

\

Maybe someone could post a diagram in Illustrated how this could have been filmed without the guys cocks being seen. Maybe the dildos were hollow, with the cocks hidden inside? They STILL all got naked together, and they're still fucking her.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous