All Comments on '36+1 Ep. 01'

by Robotman1974

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
mean spirited and sad

The misanthropic... er, mis-cyberneticism of these characters ruined what for me was a well written and technically solid tale. What a sadistic little mean-spirited group to take such delight in the failure of others. Does Mike have a fetish for the handicapped too? Maybe he could pull the wings off some flies or tease a puppy too?

mean spirited and sad.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Good Stuff!

I think the previous comment misunderstood the purpose of a fembot fetish. That's okay! Having this fetish myself, I have learned that it is often misunderstood. It is not an extention of misogyny or sadism. Diana is a machine and the fact that she can be repaired is also a plus because repair scenes are nice too! For there to be a true element of malice or cruelty the "target" would have to have the capacity to feel. I'm sure Mike would not have done this to the sentient androids Tammy or Anya (unless they wanted it) because they can perceive abuse. There is no pleasure in seeing the suffering caused by pain. Diana is purely a machine though, so it would be paramount to comparing a model city being destroyed by Godzilla and saying that the models were abused. A pinata isn't a tool to teach murder.

Another aspect of this fetish is that ONLY a robot can or would react in certain ways that a human woman would not, as Diana did. This was very well written in these stories. These reactions are a reminder that we are not dealing with a human and therefore do not have to follow that protocol. Please keep in mind that while we will continue to react as humans, they will not simply adopt our perceptions (good or bad) without some programming and even then, it might just be a program.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
give me more!

you keep on writing these because i have never read somthing this inter eswting in my life. you inspire me to write my own stories.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous