All Comments on 'If You Give a Writer a Laptop...'

by Selena_Kitt

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
thewordsmith2590thewordsmith2590over 17 years ago
Gawd...

So it isn't just me who does this when I try to write? Well, that's some consolation! *LOL*

saw_man1saw_man1over 17 years ago
Cute

That was great. This certainly has been your year.

rgraham666rgraham666over 17 years ago
Snicker

This explains that feeling of being watched when I'm writing. ;)

Thanks for the chuckle.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Giggle

yeah, ain't that the way it always goes.

CopyCarverCopyCarverover 17 years ago
Deja Vu All Over Again

The same phenomenon occurs when someone who writes for the "legitimate press" gets his/her hands on a laptop, or a Selectric, or a pencil stub. Relativity Theory notwithstanding, there may actually be universal truths afoot, at least among writers.

sirhugssirhugsover 17 years ago
Have you got a spycam

...in my study?

though I don't write on a laptop

I laughed so hard I barely had the time to whine about it not being smutty.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Yup!

But is it not just the nature of things??

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Quite funny, actually!

I find that now that I am retired and have time to write: I'm too busy! (This must be another law of nature. I had more disposable time when I was doing those sixty hour weeks year-in, year-out making sure that there were computers there for the laptops to connect to.)

Funny with just a hint of spousal hard edge in it.

Great job!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
We've all been there

Selena:

But in my case it's daydreaming. I'll be typing at my best speed (sometimes referred to as a herd of turtles in a greasy butter vat), when I'll pause to read whatever I've entered into the word processor. Ten minutes later I'll realize I've been day dreaming AGAIN. Dynamite Jack hit the nail on the head. To all of you authors who imagine how much better it'll be when you retire; it ain't going to happen. When you worked however many hours a week you were able to write. Now that you're retired there aren't enough hours in the day to write. This was funny and it was great. Thank You. Ronnie W.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Your story...

... was mentioned in the new story thread.

Here is the review thread:

http://www.literotica.com:81/forum/showthread.php?t=428901

Here is the thread that you can comment on the review:

http://www.literotica.com:81/forum/showthread.php?t=428875

Have a lovely day,

Lizzy

PS... this reminded me of the story that I wrote called "Feedback"... the woes of trying to write when its just not going to happen.

jabbafat23jabbafat23almost 16 years ago
Similar but at a coffeeshop

Thats me at a coffee shop with pen, pad and laptop along with whatever is in my music player (not ipod) before I know it half the day is gone and ive got 5 or 6 grande coffees of various flavours around me along with sandwich containers and muffin or cupcake wrappers. Normally realise where I am and what im doing after a particularly pale, skinny guy with the requisite black jeans, stripey shirt of black/white/red, hair of same or more outlandish colour combination and piercings has caught my attention. I shake my head and the real world crashes back in. I raise my hand to order another grande coffee ad maybe this time a banana chocolate muffin....

ciaddictciaddictover 13 years ago
Too funny!

And too true! Loved this. I needed a laugh this morning you delivered. Thanks!

CinnerCinnerover 10 years ago
Big Grin

I enjoyed this! This is true of my process as well. :o)

barneypilotbarneypilotover 10 years ago
You're watching me!!!

I think you must have a camera hidden over my head!

johsunjohsunabout 4 years ago
Love it.

Good one. I found this story after reading the Husband's Version by Night Scribe. Both are great and complement one another.

Polly_DollyPolly_Dolly8 months ago

It would seem I have a lot to look forward to, as rookie contributor!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous