All Comments on 'A Few Lamps From His Collection'

by RedHairedandFriendly

Sort by:
  • 24 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Nostalgia..........

Very nicely done. I enjoyed it very much.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Very well done

You nicely captured the relationships between a departed parent, child and grandchild. Objects treasured by a parent often bring back strong memories. Not all of them are pleasant ones, but they are all part of growing up, growing old and eventually remembering.

I get the impression that this story was written from personal experiences and I thank you for putting it to words.

warmhoney1warmhoney1over 17 years ago
This story takes me back

I remember lamps like that in my Grandmother's house. So beautiful. When she died, I inherited a few of them and now, sometimes I light them and remember.

Thank you.

batjac69batjac69over 17 years ago
interesting

Very interesting assimilation to touch the combined memories. In my experience was my Mom's aladin lamp, our family kerosene lamps when storms took the lights out and my current affection in the memories of red coleman lamps I restore.

You were a nice surprise today on a site to lightless.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
A very beautifully told tale

DC:

Pleasantly told in your best style. If a song title would do, it's, "Memories are made of these," and it would be appropriate. Thank You. Ronnie W.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Great!

The smell of parafin, trimming wicks, ah such sweet memories.

Thank you

My very best wishes

GoddessOfSoulsGoddessOfSoulsover 17 years ago
Very Well Done!

Red, This story made me recall as I read tears slip across my cheeks each filled with soft memories of the years past, THANK YOU

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Very Nice

I came to this site looking for erotica. Instead, I found a very well written story of memories, a special time shared by a Mother and Daughter. No sex, no erotica, just simple and refreshing. Very Nice!

srgeeksrgeekover 15 years ago
How family histories are edited

It is a good story. It demonstrates how well meaning or hostile cuts and embellishments result in major changes to our descendants perceptions of the history and character of their families, communities and even nations.

I am no longer surprised at the variety of writing content to be found at Literotica. I am happy that such a place exists, unsullied by the anal censors to be found nearly everywhere.

srgeek

northlandernorthlanderalmost 14 years ago
A Beautiful story

Not erotic, no sex, just a beautiful story of the love passed down from generation to generation of a family, thank you for a great change of pace.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
time gone by

i liked your story i live in the uk and all my grand kids in the usa i miss them so much but only get to see once a year and then all hell is let lose with them i am now 70 and they think i am young i take the out shooting and they love that never shot anythig to eat but in the woods is fun i love them all for all there wants from the old man from the old place like the uk

keep up your good work

best regards Mike Prowse

papa pelikanpapa pelikanabout 12 years ago
lovely story

my first visit - but not my last

your a very natural and talented writter

I love your sensitivity

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
A Few Lamps

I thought this was going to be boring, but it wasn't. It reminded me of going through my dad's things with my brother, and going through my grandfather's things with my dad many years before. Thank you for sharing your memories, and reminding me of my own.

Mike

JoeZiltchJoeZiltchalmost 12 years ago
Responding to your 10 worst comments

I really liked this story. I could feel the warmth of the room with all the lamps burning. I think there are many out here that have a "favorite" item from their parents that has some sad memories attached to it but are valued so much because of them. I would never put this on your worst list.

cantbuymycantbuymyover 11 years ago
Liked it

Very nice. You get a 5. I bet you are still sorry you broke it. This makes up for it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Sweet and romantic

Thank you for a lovely story. Please write more, very beautiful to read.....

talldarkfellowtalldarkfellowover 10 years ago
Bravo.

Beautiful.

That' all I have to say.

Tuzolto54Tuzolto54about 10 years ago
Momeries

Simply a beautiful story, memories of a loved one gone and the passing of those memories to her daughter. That night will be one that her daughter will tell her children in the future.

mitchawamitchawaalmost 9 years ago
Lamps

This is a well written story with great,detailed descriptions. The mother and daughter had an emotional connection as they though of dad and granddad. I would guess the low score is based on the lack of sex. However, it is an emotional story of a lamp collection that brought back fond memories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
horrible

no sexxx

Bradp1974Bradp1974about 8 years ago
Memories

Reading this, I can see my wife sorting through her grandmother's collection after she passed. I can see the lamps lit when we lost power, and killing the lights again after power came back so my wife could enjoy the lamps more.

She also collects these lamps, and I sometimes think they mean more to her than I do! In all seriousness, I want to thank you for this, it brings back many memories, and the hope for many more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
A beautiful start

Not everything on this site needs to be erotic t be beautiful. However, to me, this represents a start to a longer story. I’m not sure what the story is, but it has something to do with lifting darkness.

sunnyboy77sunnyboy77about 2 years ago

It was a joy to read. I loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Thank You.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous