All Comments on 'Equal Shares Ch. 13'

by steveh11

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Hurry

up and post the next episode,you deliberately finished this one as a 'cliff hanger'.Colin

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Good

Good chapter....Not nice to leave a cliffhanger tho :(

Alvaron53Alvaron53over 17 years ago
A bit too slow for my taste

I don't mind slow but this is a bit too slow for me. The story lacks narrative drive and I had to scold myself not to skip ahead. The writing is good and the dialog reasonable but the plot is thin. Perhaps that is as intended since the tale deals primarily with Stan's social re-awakening after his wife's untimely death.

The lack of an impact character is a problem. With no conflict in the story beyond Stan's feelings that he's somehow betraying his dead wife's love, it's a lifeless brew.

It's a pleasant read and not a bad effort for a first time.

Perhaps I'll check back later. Good luck.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
I agree..

with last comment. There's not enough here to keep up my interest.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
But we've barely met

Well, geez, all signs point to sleeping with her in what is it, a week?

Don't you want to get to know her, oh yes, and him first?

This takes me back to those times of everything going too slow and too fast at the same time. Hate it then; miss it now.

True there is not a huge conflict at the moment; no one is threatened, blackmailed, cheated on but there is plenty of risk for these two based on their experiences. And Denise is back in town.

OK, I'm playing catch up with you all so on to the next chapter.

(And yes, I do also feel the desire to skip ahead, curiousity and all, and I have the advantage that more of the story is already there; otherwise waiting for the next little chapter might be painful.)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous