All Comments on 'King by Birth, Ruled by Love'

by Man Ray

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
KOLKOREKOLKOREover 17 years ago
Did Plato really say that?

Or maybe he just referred that way to non-platonic love?

I could surmise that he would have condemned the love sick prince as a total fool for giving up on what he considered the highest form of living - i.e. as a ruler of a” POLICE” – a state of his time (not “a police state” though…)

Have I said yet that I loved your poem? Nice ‘regal’ arrangement of the three stanzas with appropriately curved fonts. And it feels like we too are waiting somewhere behind the walls of a castle...

p.s. Any connection between the photo and any of the historical events? Just curious.

P.s.s. admittedly, totally, out of the poem scope. I could never extricate myself from the pro-Nazi sentiments that the couple held.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
How times change.

Royalty is hardly regal now, these two will be rolling in their you-know-where.

Another winner.

Tess

Man RayMan Rayover 17 years agoAuthor
Tess...

thank you for your kind words, especially since they come from a fellow illustrated poet!

LeBrozLeBrozover 17 years ago
~~

This poem was mentioned in Wednesday's New Poems Reviews.

Man RayMan Rayover 17 years agoAuthor
O' Kolkore!

My question: did you write these three haikus or did I. :) Yes to the image. I share the same distain given their admiration for Hitler and his ability to make the trains run on time. Oh, did I forget to say thank you for your comments? As Wayne Newton hums, "Danke Shein"!

Man Ray

Man RayMan Rayover 17 years agoAuthor
Thank you, LeBroz

...for the inclusion!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
King's Pleasure

This king likes it a lot! Especially the castle that rises like a fallus into the sky! Keep it coming!

PP

Man RayMan Rayover 17 years agoAuthor
Anon in Europe…

mercy, we have a king among us. So that is why he, er...hmm...E.R. was at perpetual full mast! To think I missed the phallic connection! Thank you for the enlightenment.

tazz317tazz317almost 12 years ago
A STORY OF ALL AGES

told and written several times over, TK U MLJ LV NV

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous