All Comments on 'Beyond Repair'

by DoctorWyldcard

Sort by:
  • 176 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
good story...

... I liked it . it was different in how it was all ways a test to see if he would take the bate.

as i said good story

Mike

wetapapwetapapover 17 years ago
very nice read,

give the other cranky assholes our thanks for getting you off your butt and writing again. a fan always.

bornagainbornagainover 17 years ago
great job

I want to shake your hand on that story i would have given my eye teeth to see kellys face when you didnt give into her cockolding ways you go man kick her in the ass.

Pat .

Atlanta

bornagainbornagainover 17 years ago
great job

I want to shake your hand on that story i would have given my eye teeth to see kellys face when you didnt give into her cockolding ways you go man kick her in the ass.

Pat .

Atlanta

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Lost Again!!!

Must be me....I think I am missing something in the story...

Celtic_SeekerCeltic_Seekerover 17 years ago
Loved it

I like your writing style, and the story line!! Thank you for an enjoyable read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
great

the way it should be

JoesephusJoesephusover 17 years ago
I want a sequel!!!!!!!

You've done a great job of telling his side of the story, and I don't think even I would try to write a reconciliation to this one. However, I'd love to hear her side of it. None of what you had him say quite made sense.

Her comment that she needed more didn't jibe with his comment that she said she was getting more than she wanted. This is one very strange young woman, and I'd love to see you write her story.

I want to know why the brother was there and if she'd been set up to a degree. I wouldn't make me want to see them back together, any woman who would ask her husband to get her a drink while she was fucking someone else is not a person I'd stay married to.

Still, that just doesn't sound like this woman. If it was a test, she would have set it up different. Please consider writing the other half of the story. I know how much of a challenge it would be, but I think it could be a great story.

ChagrinedChagrinedover 17 years ago
this is not a story...

It barely qualifies as an episode. You folks give high marks solely on the basis of its not being a "wimp" ending not because there is a story here. You all may like it, but please don't call it writing! Professionals take umbrage at that!

It lacks a beginning, little to no build up, no conflict, no climax, no anti-climax, and a trite resolution. This is bt far more of a rather rambling soliloquy. It would be great on film, however. I could see Bruce Willis delivering the lines now, disheveled and drunk, with one shirt-tail hanging out, weaving about like he should be standing on a ship's foredeck in an uncertain sea. He raises an angry hand at the father-in-law. "She's tested me for the last time. I loved her, Max, but she killed it. Hope all of you are happy now." he bellows. And promptly falls overboard.

This is amateurish writing at it's very worst.

Regards,

C

Risq_001Risq_001over 17 years ago
I dunno Chagrined, I liked it

And it wasn't because of the "No" wimp ending as you say.

Here's why.

This was an "excerpt" of what happened in the husband's life. A guy who was sitting down to dinner and 'Stewing' over what happened up till now. But the story really began when the father in-law tries to convince the soon to be "ex-husband" that he needs to reconsider what happened and take back his wife and stop the divorce. It may be short, but the whole short story is only written as the husband explaining to the father in-law why that's not going to happen. And I have to say I got the point of the whole story with what was written here. Don't tell me you thought they should have gotten back together after all this and now you may be upset they didn't?

I saw a begining, middle, and end to the story.

A story also about a young woman that was constantly making her husband "prove" he loved her. Making him do test, after test, after test to prove that he wouldn't cheat on her, would fight for her, and lastly (with the guy in their bed) that he really loved her after 3 years still and wasn't in it for the money. In the story it was commented that he tried all the romantic things other guys did for her, but that wasn't enough. She wanted him to prove it physically on her command when she felt low.

So I totally saw this.

DoctorWyldcard I have to say this, I didn't like the story "Aftermath" like I liked this one. Not saying it wasn't well written, but that story lacked what this one did. This one was believeable. In that story, the husband was done so wrong it didn't make sense that he went back for seconds, I mean who in the other story sends their husband a tape of them doing things for another lover they would never do for them, rubs his nose in what she's doing with her lover (telling her husband that the lover possibly got her pregnant), mean while the husband goes out of his way to prove he's innocent, and then at the end of the story rushes to take her back because he can't live with out her? In this story the husband was done wrong, and while it was gradual, ended in the husband reclaiming his self respect not only from her, but her family as well. In Aftermath you dug the wife such a big hole it was impossible for the reader to ever like or trust her again. In this story the wife dug a hole, but you didn't trying to dig her out.

Well written and I liked the story. I laughed at times with the humor you used. If you do write a sequel please let the husband continue to have the dignity you created for him here.

-Risq

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 17 years ago
Risq nailed it once again

This story is credible - a sad story, but credible and positive in that Chris kept his self respect. I don't see anything wrong with the writing - it is, as Risq said, a snapshot (not a novel).

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
agree

this is NOT a story; it's about a man rambling non-stop for about 30 minutes or so with his to-be-ex father in law. it's NOT a story at all,,,,

no emotion, no love, no tragedy, no care, no pain, no dialogues, no nothing,,,

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
You lost me!

I guess I must be very dumb,but I just didnt get it.What is this story telling us,the reader?The author told us more about what and how the whimpie husband ate,than any real background about the wife,father,or himself.It dosnt flow,and jurks all the way thru the Thing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Top story

I really enjoyed this and found it well written.

Chagrinned. this story does have a clear beginning and ending, you just want more build up. In fact it could almost quality as two stories. Its a short picture of a man sitting in a diner thinking about his impending divorce and encountering the father of his soon to be ex-wife. He then tells the story of the courting and marriage to the daughter. it all ends with him explaining that the tale of his marriage is also the end of this tale and that he's moving on.

Well written, imaginatively plotted and nicely paced. The characters are a bit flat and we don't really get to see any emotion from anyone, but it still works.

I hope we see more stories from this author.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
I liked it

Short, sweet (well, not really) and to the point. Pay no attention to the almighty "chagrined", he can go smoke a turd, or try to write something better if he's so fucking smart. This isn't writing 101, chagrined, and who the hell are you to tell people what they like? You're an arrogant jerk. Good story Doctor!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Very Well Written and Clear As A Bell

Entrapped in his anger and frustration, the writer tells a story of a man in turmoil. He is acting out how he felt that he would feel and citing the circumstance and reasons why. For those of us who have lost it sometimes it's like a jerky slide show with half words and thoughts in expression to in this case the dear old problem causer.

This is how a man once (I say once with emphasis) would normally react to a cuckolding attempt by his unloving wife.

Oh and 4 grand a year (x 3 years) isn't even close to fair compensation but it was the pre nup agreed to.

So KUDO's Author and we demand more - well we want more and not of this story. This one is done - welly (word). But another as good at interval is hoped for.

Thanks

With Very High Regard

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 17 years ago
eh Good not great

well its not as bad as Chagrined asserts but its not as great as other have it.

I thought the beginning was a Bit rushed....

I think --and this JMHO-- it would of been better if several members of the wife's family or even the whore wife's soroity sisters tried to talk him over a few weeks of time... before all was revealed.

I could see where the wife goes to one of the more mature sisters/ friends pleading and crying ... so this friend tracks down the the husabnd and wife friend finds about about all this stuff... only to go back and tell the whore wife its over....

still this story as written was decently done and the emotional shock and disappointement of the guy ... who has realized he has wasted all time and energy and effort it there.

sort of like how all of us feel reading the latest JPB story

Average-JoeAverage-Joeover 17 years ago
I thought it was really good

Not just good, really good. Seemed like a complete story to me and Im one who usually likes more follow-through than most. I usually want to see a story go past the break-up and see the cheater sorry and the cheated upon happy again. I think the last paragraph about him not feeling anything and her holding back sobs was harsh enough. Cant get much better revenge on someone who loves you than not give a crap about them one way or the other.

I also didnt mind the way in which the story was told. It was different, easy to follow and compelling to read. It wasnt perfectly fluid (sometimes it seemed a little like he was doing a monologue in a play or something instead of talking to his father in law) but it was still good. Since the story was about the guy and how he'd had enough of their whole family, it was appropriate that nobody else was really featured. The father-in-law was little more than a lump sitting there to give him someone to talk to and we didnt see the wife at all except second-hand but it fit the story imo.

Thanks very much for writing.

Blue88Blue88over 17 years ago
Well Done

Well done tale. Strip away all of the nonessentials and this is what you have - stark and bare.

Alvaron53Alvaron53over 17 years ago
I don't agree with Chagrined's review

I often agree with Chagrined on the quality of stories but not this time. This story is well-told and the authorship is excellent. Here's why: the characters are nicely developed. To be sure, their development is told from the protagonist's point of view but the author goes to some lengths to convince us that he's trustworthy. Moreover, his actions within the story bear out this facet of his personality.

The protagonist is a patient man, long-suffering and slow to anger. He has his self-respect and his dignity and he prizes those. Despite the flaws he sees in Kelly, he loves her and he wants to marry her. It is perhaps a mistake but one that humans make all the time.

Kelly is the impact character in the story. She creates the conflict and the author does a fine job of filling out her character so that we understand why she does what she does. She's a spoiled rich girl who's insecure and needs to be the center of attention. She's compelled to "test" her husband and she can't understand why he's angry.

Max's character is interesting. He's portrayed as the powerful, dominating father, the successful patriarch of the clan who's accustomed to having his way. Only his usual methods don't work when the main character resolves the conflict his way. Max knows his little girl is screwed up but has no idea how to fix it. His desire to gloss over her cheating and get Chris to take her back is just another expression of how he's treated his daughter her whole life: spoiled little rich girl.

Even Mike's character, peripheral as he is to the story, is developed somewhat. We infer that he's willful and arrogant, spoiled in his own way by his father. It's good authorship when, in just the odd mention here and there, you get a sense of who a supporting character is.

Chagrined complained that this wasn't a story b/c it has no beginning, no middle and no end. I beg to differ. Though told in dialog, there is a beginning, there is a middle and there's definitely an end. If the main character sticking to his guns is banal and trite, Chagrined, then so be it.

I do have a complaint or two with the writing since I found some words misused (e.g., "tying" instead of "trying'). But those mistakes don't damage the quality too much and a good editor would catch them.

This 100's for you, DoctorWyldcard, for a story well-told. Excellent fiction this is.

ohioohioover 17 years ago
short, to the point, and well-done

I'm with the fans of this story--for the most part. I liked that it was concise and clear, and that its arc was original: beginning with the ending, then recounting what led up to it. I thought that worked very well.

For me the stumbling block (despite my enjoying the story very much) is the character of Kelly. She sounded not just spoiled and controlling but positively insane. All her selfish behavior up to the actual cuckolding seemed plausible--but setting her husband up to find her in bed with another guy, and then telling him to deal with it? That goes far beyond controlling or spoiled.

For her to think that her husband would do anything but divorce her over that indicates a true psychopathology, an inability to imagine how someone else would feel.

So for me the plausibility of the story takes a fatal hit at that point. Nonetheless, I enjoyed reading it--and look forward to more of your work.

Best, ohio

Longhorn__07Longhorn__07over 17 years ago
I Liked It

All right, the wife is a bit of a caricature, but there's one in every story ever written, and she's that way to make a point. Actually, I've met a woman like Kelly. No, she didn't test her husband in precisely this way but in the end, it was just as destructive.

Good message, and strong technique, Doc. Now, keep ‘em coming, hear? :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Great read.

The dialog was well done and the story was very tightly focused.

It was clear exactly what her intention was since she never had a voice, but it didn't really make any difference ... there is NO good reason and he clearly understood that.

Well done - sharp plot!

(It would be interesting to see a parallel story of her viewpoint.)

Regards, DJ

peggytwittypeggytwittyover 17 years ago
Very well done story of emotions coming forward

I really liked the way it was written and the entertainment value was exceptional. There was a real feeling of emotion given along with some humor.

Please keep them coming as it is just enough different to warrant an opposites look if you feel it.

Thank you for the great entertainment.

PT

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Excellent Story!

You get a good job explaining that enough is enough. Even without the background of her previous tests her attitude with her lover was the kiss of death on this marriage.

Thanks!

SleeplessinMD

shangoshangoover 17 years ago
I get it

Dad wanted to avoid a (divorce)scandal. Soon-to-be ex hubby was not going out like that! I hated "Aftermath" and while there were some errors (mello yello turning to Mt Dew and the "Mike/Stacy" incident left unexplained) but I loved it anyway. Maybe "Chagrined" didn't have his fiber that day?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Short and tight

This story starts at 100 miles an hour and doesn't let go. I was amused, entertained and frankly at parts laughed my head off. It hit the spot. Thank you for the story, looking forward to a longer read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Excellent!

great job! short and to the point. love the plot and the dialogue. Kudos.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
nothing wasted

WOW! cold and clean. its emotionally charged, just none of the twists and turns that other stories have. no audio, vidio, and pictures to be collected. no unnecessary time acting the part of a loving husband to an untrustworthy wife. its pure adrenaline. excellent.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
awesome

impressive. great impact. its short but reads like its a longer story.

NucleusNucleusalmost 17 years ago
Dialog

Great short story. The dialog attract my attention. I could imagine a two person stage play. Very well. Thank you.

Orion623Orion623almost 17 years ago
Leaves An Impact

Powerful dialogue. Lots of controlled anger. Great short story.

bornagainbornagainover 16 years ago
A Great story

I loved the story short and to the point he doesnt stand for her cheating.

Pat

EspressoBolusEspressoBolusover 16 years ago
annoying style

This one sided recollection is too contorted to be a satisfying read . You get the point across, but a more traditional depiction of the central theme, or a more thurough conversational exchange would have helped.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
I liked your story but I have one problem

Why the hell didn't you write that Max stomped the shit outa the little turd that told him the he could has

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Works

nothing wasted. delivered the point.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Stark but good

I enjoyed the story and could feel the pain of the husband. Thank you for the story.

BigFtHunterBigFtHunterabout 16 years ago
Absolutely a Great Job

Perfect and well put together. Loved it. Great Job.

kilcannonkilcannonabout 16 years ago
More?!

ever thought of a second part?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Totally one sided

As Chagrine said, there is no story here , just the ranting of a disgusted husband about his cheating wife. No build up, no wife point of view no gradual increase in dssolution of marriage. A monologue is not really a story.

60 year old George

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Good change of style...

I think some of the other readers seemed to have missed the point, or are so caught up in "traditional" style they were too closed minded. I enjoyed it. The character you created was just a few days from the final straw being layed down. He was pissed off and finally had a target to vent. The truth is that his anger was overshadowing everything else and so he took control and ranted. Like a built up spring of tension he released. It felt very real to me, was well written, and yes, was one sided. I thought that was the point. Well done.

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 16 years ago
Interesting to see what idiot wife was thinking

In reading this story a second time there are two points which strike me as interesting but which have not been picked up by some other readers.

<br></br>

First the set of events going into the marriage.

<br></br>

Apparently she was testing him before the marriage with some of her old boyfriends which resulted in the husband beating up one of them and separating from Kelly for a while. Then after he takes her back and proposes... Kelly starts using some of her close friends / sorority sisters to try and entice or entrap him. The incident with LeeAnn is particularly interesting. <b> Once Max found out the day of the wedding that Lee Ann was ordered or instructed or asked by Kelly to come on to him... WHY... <u> given all that has happened up to this point</u> ... Would he or any man STILL go through with the wedding? </b>

<br></br>

I kind of have to hold the husband a LITTLE bit responsible for this mess. And the emphasis should be on a little bit.

<br></br>

The <b> second point I am wondering about is the mental process the wife went through and pulling the final stunt involving fucking another man in the marital bed knowing he the husband is about to come home.</b> I wonder what the conversation would be like trying to convince her brother Mike to stick around in case Max's reaction got out of control?

<br></br>

You see that's THE important point. Kelly knew enough to pick up on the idea that Max might freak out when he saw her being fucked by another man in the marital bed ... given what happened with her old boyfrields before they were married. Therefore I cannot figure out how she could rationally think that her plan was a good idea since she was clearly thinking that Max might explode with rage... and its better to have Mike around.

<br></br>

And second does she convince her own brother Mike that this is going to be a good plan?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Great Job!

Great story!! I would love to see a part 2 telling the other side of the story. Thanks for your time and effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
went too far

it WAS one sided, but the subjective opinion was important. it was based on things he had to go through with her, and it just was cumulative and too much. would he have passed the test if he served the lovers champaigne and strawberrys?

no, the saturation point was reached, and kills the feelings/love/marriage. it was to the point, and that is how it can come out. indifference, and no tears can cure that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
How long

did you write this guy was married to such a slime bucket?

He was a fool, that's for sure but then what man isn't when he loves a puta? The smartest thing he did in his relationship with her was to dump her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Just a clue

For those who complain about how the story is written or that it is "one sided." I could be wrong, but I believe the author has the ability and right to write the story anyway the writer sees fit. Did it not communicate the high points? Did it not tell the story in an easy to understand manner? What the fuck, was there not a beginning, a middle, and an end? Did we all wander into the twilight fucking zone of english 101 and are now complaining about the method? It's just a story guys....I can see raising an issue about how the story is flawed, how the subject is too perverted for consumption, or whatever might fit any other story, but this effort gets it done in a no nonsense way, leaves nothing unexplained. It may not appeal to some elitist fuck because of the brevity or method...it may not appeal to the sick because the husband in the story didn't proceed to suck the brothers dick while begging wifey to prong him up the arse...but it will probably appeal to the 99 percent of the rest of us who were just looking for a STORY. Thus endeth the rant....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Contrary to some I assume the brother was in

the house because he was fucking her to. The woman was a slimey cum dump, nothing else needs to be said.

Simple49erSimple49erabout 15 years ago
Did someone actually ask for her side?

I have read stories where you get both sides and it makes sense. I have read stories with just the wife's side. And of course, I have read stories with the husband's point of view. In each case there were good reasons's for the author's choice of point of view. In this case the irony and humor would be blunted with her story. Or worse the reader would have to listen to a selfish, insecure, rich girl rationalize her life and justify the way she treated her husband the whole time she knew him. Her side? I think the husband was very eloquent with his explanation of what she did. In fact, this is not an issue that to be fair is to let her speak. Rather the issue is, what excuse could she possibly have for ANY of her actions in this story. I suspect if this were real life - god forbid - then he was probably down playing her actions because he knew her father was incapable of believing that she was the skank that she had become. And now Daddy gets to put up or shut up with her. Maybe he wants her back with hubby because he remembers having to prove that he was the bestest Daddy ever. No, do not ever tell her side, unless it is as deliciously ironic and satric as this story was.

bruce22bruce22about 15 years ago
Powerful Story

Someone should tell Max that this was all his fault.

The way he raised her she lost all her self esteem and

believed that the only thing important about her was Max's

money.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
well I liked it

Who cares what the wife's perspective is? Hell, she put him through enough crap that it wasn't fun any more so he left. He got a chance to tell it to the old man who raised such a fucked up little shit and took the opportunity. Who could blame him? No one should have to put up with that shit. So again, who cares what the wife's thoughts were? Her actions ruined any feelings he had for her and that ended it. period. end of story. The author may decide to add a second chapter to this story to present the wife's thought processes, and it'll probably be good, but this story stands alone just fine. Good job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
fewer words ?

There were these different tests, and he walks in finding her with someone else. The explanation was probably not needed for Max, since he knew about his precious. Max wanted them to get back together with all that happened? the words: I have had enough (her standing there) would have been good, and just walking out as he did.

oldwayneoldwaynealmost 14 years ago
Good while it lasted...

I just wish there had been more to it.

0649d0649dover 13 years ago
99.9% satisfying!

boo-fuckin'-hoo, Kelly!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
I really liked this one!

I also liked the previous comment a lot, it just fits very well.

Scorpio44Scorpio44over 13 years ago
Well done!

If Max had raised a woman instead of a bitch the whole story would have never happened. I would have enjoyed the story more if there had been more description of their lives, a bit more background and an apology from Max.

Thanks

RePhilRePhilalmost 13 years ago
GREAT

You should give Matt Munroe some lessons about male characters that walk away with their junk intact

FD45FD45almost 13 years ago
Excuse me for saying this

And take it as I mean it, but this read more like a bit of ranting exposition then a story.

It had some interesting points. The rich sometimes need to live different lives.

And there was an interesting philosophical point where the family loved their money more then people. But you didn't make it or so obliquely that it didn't shine through.

Thank you for the story however. I've read it more then once

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
One of the best short stories on this site.

Exceptionally well done, almost a haiku of a destroyed marriage.

While I disagree with some of Chagrined's comments, I found his actor suggestion very interesting (and if you're reading this -- thank you for providing me with an additional way of looking at a story). My choice for the actor to play this role would be one who could do so in a very tightly controlled manner (Daniel Craig comes to mind).

IrfonIrfonover 12 years ago
Way to go sunshine !!

You said it ALL !!

Fantastic - to the point - Goodbye !!

Thank You.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 12 years ago
Simple - sweet

Complete - and quick !!

DWornockDWornockover 12 years ago

Over done but I rated it 4 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
For fucks sake!!!!

I really REALLY loved this story!! But damn that IDIOT DWmoron rated it, so I have to only give you 1*.

I'm so very sorry author, it's not your fault. I would have otherwise rated it 5*****'s. And written a decent comment agreeing totally with the actions of the main character. Perhapse I would have dumped her earlier, but I can certainly understand the sentiment.

I feel horrible about rating your story so poorly, but I HATE that fucking idiot DWmoron more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Outstanding - the male character dumped the slut,,,

decent story, author!

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
A SLUT THAT WAS

and a slut to be for all time. TK U MLJ LV NV

count2threecount2threeover 12 years ago
Thats exactly what all those super-daddies doing.

Spoiling their little 'Princesses' beyond repair. Are they doing them a favor ? Hardly!

cueball961cueball961over 12 years ago
Loved It!

The thing that got me was the long suffering husband. He had been through the wringer with this woman and had reached his limit. He had enough foresight to see this coming and had set things up accordingly. Had he been wrong in his assumptions, then no harm, no foul. Since he had read the cards rightly, he came out of the whole thing smelling like a rose. It's not that he was cynical or abusive, or even that he was a pessimist. He was simply pragmatic. He had allowed the romance of the whole situation to get him in, but he was not about to be played for a sucker either. I think the reasonable among us would agree that he put up with quite enough, even before the cheating.

The wife is a bit over the top, I will admit. She is a caricature, sure, but most of us know some spoiled little princess that's nearly as bad. Some even have the misfortune to have walked a good distance in this man's moccasins. There, but for the grace of God, go we all.

It was also quite enjoyable to see the husband deliver this speech to a father-in-law that had tormented him to no end. This man was a poster child for insufferable jackasses and was direly in need of being taken down a peg or ten. The husband delivered quite well, and had the added bonus of dealing a final blow to the princess.

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 12 years ago
I gave it 5 star

Chris did the right thing, dump the bitch and get on with his life.

count2threecount2threeabout 12 years ago
DAMNIT! Why are all the good stories so fuckin short.

The bad ones go on and on and on but when you like one, bet your frickin ass its over after one fuckin page.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Outstanding...

***** Stars

tazz317tazz317about 12 years ago
#2 STAND AND DELIVER

ultimatums or good-byes and the truth.. TK U MLJ LV NV

juanviejojuanviejoabout 12 years ago
Cinco Estrellas!

Man! If it had been any better, I could not stand it!

cueball961cueball961about 12 years ago
Pretty Good, But...

I liked the story. It was well written overall. I really liked the way the story was laid out, and the way the husband absolutely deflated the pompous, overbearing father-in-law.

What was my problem with the story then? It's actually a pretty common thing with writers on this site, and it grates on my nerves no end. Let me use this excerpt from the story as an example. "I am supposed to prove to you that I'm a good guy." Sorry, but people don't talk that way. Nobody says "I am" at the start of a sentence and then use the contraction "I'm" at the end. As a matter of fact people wouldn't say "I am" at ANY point in the sentence. Yes, it's proper English, but it's just not the way real people talk. A robot or computer program might, but not a person. STOP DOING IT WRITERS!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Get a life Cueball

Another stupid comment by an ignoramus that thinks the comment section is their personal teaching tool. Your comments about dialogue are inane. Your advice would have everyone talking like ghetto gurus or teenaged text messages.

Shut the fuck up! The writers are doing fine without you.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 12 years ago
Nice

I HATE CHEATING WIVES.

What did Kelly expect Chris to do, just accept it and continue the marriage? So she sends Max, her big intimidating pop to quell the situation. Ha ha no can do mother fucker Even Dad couldn't solve his baby's troubles. So Chris left. My hat's off to the future ex-husband who kept his balls intact.

YEAH.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 11 years ago
Loved it!

A true joy to read. Bitches be crazy!

BDEarthBDEarthover 11 years ago
Sweet!

Finally a guy with the balls to walk out on a psycho slut!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Better

At last a story with a guy with some balls!!

BrettarnBrettarnabout 11 years ago
More please

Nice piece of work .... make future ones longer please

ythebadgerythebadgerabout 11 years ago
Neat and sweet

well-written, nothing wasted and fairly realistic.

phil2213phil2213about 11 years ago
Great story

The story was great bit somehow lacked something the mindset of Chris was pretty well explained but Kelly's wasn't. Kelly was hanging in the air as an entity without an emotional composition that seemed available for the reader to absorb. As one of the principal characters in the story we relied on the perception of Chris to describe her. I felt this was a flaw but in of itself didn't kill the story but it was a missed opportunity to propel further the meaning of this characters actions for the reader to further their own judgment. Chris seemed like a dream husband that grovelled to the whim of his spouse to no end in his humiliation and devotion beyond reasonable limits giving no doubt of his unfettered love. Kelly wasn't satisfied with this in her demonstrating behavior of infidelity and open humiliating a man into a cuckold situation without prior discussion or mutual assent with him. Of course, there are men who would feel they have won the lottery under these circumstances but Chris wasn't one of them. His restraint under the circumstances was remarkable and noteworthy. Men with Chris's mindset would've looked for his firearms to deal with this matter very comfortably without consideration of the consequences. I think in Texas the law would endorse this action of wasting both assholes. I personally would like to have seen Kelly suffer a great amount physically and any other way another human could impose their infuriation on another. Chris in my opinion is a skank and deserved to get gangbanged but a roving band of well hung midgets. Chris should've start dating Kelly's rivals and friends and flaunted it as part of his revenge. So there it is, a story with a blatant betrayal and no comeback no revenge.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
good so far

But now what? I know there would be a divorce but what came after that? Please keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Great short story

This is a great short story. Not a long novel or mini-series like some works posted here. Sure we are not presented with Kelly's side but who says we have to hear it. This isn't The People's Court where both sides get to tell their story. Sure, a lot of authors do that but it doesn't have to be that way. The pace of the story is excellent and the cutting off of the usually domineering father-in-law by the usually deferring son-in-law terrifically reinforces the fact that it is not business as usual. The final bittersweet scene between Chris and Kelly is just perfect.

amischiefmakeramischiefmakeralmost 11 years ago
Original and entertaining

and that's all a story needs to be. 5!

IronDragonIronDragonover 10 years ago
I think Hubby put up with too much shit...

But the straw that broke the camel's back was at least enough to get him to leave the cheating whore.

Seriously, wifey has major issues. I would have been gone as soon as she started the first "jealousy test" bullshit. Don't play games, ladies. Us guys fuckin' hate it!

5 Stars!

sugnasugnaover 10 years ago
Mentally ILL!

Most of these "loving wives" are clearly mentally ill women. Beyond the typical crazy women - they are nuts. I like pussy, but I have learned not to fuck with the crazy ones - nothing good can come from it...5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
It needs to be finished

I like the story but you left us hanging; tell us the rest of the story . What did the father think? Why did the brother defend his sister knowing she was wrong? What was her point of view?

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
GAVE IT A ONE STAR BECAUSE IT LEFT ME HANGING

IF YOU WRITE MORE CHAPTERS WILL SEE IF YOU MAKE SOME BETTER CHAPTERS. HATE ONES THAT LEAVE YOU HANGING.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Open / Shut

No clarification or follow-up is needed, it'd just muddy up the water... DKP

robinhodrobinhodover 10 years ago
Excellent

and complete, no further chapter required.

Just one thing I would have liked. When they told him to bring them a drink he could have said "OK". Got a bucket of cold water, brought it to the bed, and said "I've brought you a BIG drink!"

Poured it over them, of course. I would have really enjoyed that.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

I don't get it. What was the point of this story?

And to the guy before me - why bother going for a bucket of water when you could just pull down your zip and rain it down on them?

CreeperclawCreeperclawabout 10 years ago
@ANON 1/19/14

I think the point is that the husband was never truly respected in his marriage and the wife never really valued or trusted him. Only now that he's gone(or on his way to being gone) is she realizing how much he means to her, but he doesn't care anymore. A marriage without real trust cannot exist, she never truly trusted him and he's lost all love and trust in her. So it's all over.

I will agree he should have doused them both in golden liquid fury, maybe after beating the hell out of the lil fucker.

TheNextGuyTheNextGuyabout 10 years ago

This was written very well, although instead of the the husband paraphrasing the conversations you could've included a flashback or two. That would've helped us readers immerse in the story better, I believe.

Having said that, if I was in that kind of relationship, I likely would've given up even before the cheating. It's one thing to keep working on a relationship or marriage to keep it healthy and to remain happy, but the constant testing (from her and her family) would burn out the best of men sooner or later.

auhunter04auhunter04almost 10 years ago
there dont need any more

All you bitching a d whining about being left hanging need to go have a brain scan to see if you have one. What else needs to be told from Chris's point of view. That he lived happily ever after?

sugnasugnaalmost 10 years ago
and?

Ok, now what?

sdc92078sdc92078over 9 years ago
Obvious

Kelly and her entire screwed up family continue to hound him everywhere he goes until he decides to move out of state.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
free flowing , short , sweet & too the point

very well written , any deeper elaboration would have detracted from the story.

its Wham,Bam,thank you mam & goodbye .

very well written , not easy to make it stick & get into your readers heads with this fast paced , no nonsense approach , most times it ends up feeling to clinical , but the Author does a fantastic job , i was enthralled by the story from beginning to end.

Loved it.

xxxhugsxxx

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanover 9 years ago
A sequel - Kelly's point of view

would be super.

rick_ohrick_ohover 9 years ago
Nice

Some ideas for followup: (1) Max gets financially ruined (2) Kelly lives a lonely life of one-night stands, maybe redeems herself when she's in her forties. Chris marries a girl who Kelly has always considered her rival, and who constantly reminds Kelly of that.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous