All Comments on 'How I Survived the War'

by CAP811

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
Selena_KittSelena_Kittover 17 years ago
Mentioned

Your story was mentioned in the Author's Hangout New Story Reviews!

The NavigatorThe Navigatorover 17 years ago
Wonderful!

What more can I say? You are a gifted writer, able to weave a story into whole cloth we can then wrap around us. So comforting.

I'm a WWII veteran, and Korea as well, and your story took me back to some of the adventures I enjoyed back then. I guess it was luck we have survived this long, when so many have not. My, oh my, how times have changed....

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Excellent!

You know how successful this story was with me? It ran like a movie trailer in my head. I was already mentally casting the movie. The central theme of coming home to someone beautiful and soft is very well developed. Great job :)

gentilitygentilityover 15 years ago
exceptional

Good, believable story. A lot of guys had their first sex in similar ways around that time. Only possible goof was the liklihood of him wearing boxers; jockeys were the overwhelming choice back then.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Another Corker

I cannot say one of your best - that would be doing your other stories an injustice. Still a corker of a story though.

bad_hobbitbad_hobbitabout 14 years ago
Great story

Having read your kind comments on my stories, I thought I should at least read one of yours. I really enjoyed it - not too graphic, tightly-narrated, believable. I could hear Russ telling me the story as I read your words. You have a rich style and an eye for detail that I really enjoyed, and I liked the nice structure. I love the genre - I have a couple of stories 'brewing' that are set in wartime (different theatres, but similar ideas). It's so good to hear the voice of a different, less self-centred generation through your words. Well done.

MoMiner64MeteMoMiner64Metealmost 3 years ago
Well Done!

While reading the story I had to wonder if you were a WWII Vet of the PTO. You portrayed Tarawa to be the hellish meat grinder of its reputation. I don’t think most people who visit this site have even heard of Tarawa or Saipan or much of the PTO from WWII. The writing was excellent and the description of the sex was handled excellently. MM

jenellesljenelleslalmost 3 years ago

Magnificent

First; even with the guns of war echoing, there was what really matters in two people just being and loving each other.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous