All Comments on 'Love and Snow'

by ABSTRUSE

Sort by:
  • 33 Comments
TE999TE999over 17 years ago
A touching tribute...

to your lost little one. Your strength and courage is wonderful to behold. Peace.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
A winner

A wonderful Christmas story fully capturing the spirit of the season, and touching so sweetly on why we're here. Inspiring and uplifting, just like all great stories are meant to be.... Thank you, wishing you a wonderful Christmas too!

rgraham666rgraham666over 17 years ago
That got me teary eyed

A lovely little piece of work. So full of love.

duddle146duddle146over 17 years ago
Infinitely Lovely!

Tender, very moving and heartbreaking the loss of a little one. Admired how the Writer make each character seem real in spite of the overriding sadness of the story. Terrific Write!

Endearing Read!

damppantiesdamppantiesover 17 years ago
The Purest kind of Love there is

is this. I'm amazed at how you can put this into words, so simply and so beautifully. I'm awed by the power of your love.

deathlynxdeathlynxover 17 years ago
No words...

No words can describe the beauty of this piece...

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Very beautiful

description of love and life and the things that should mean the most.

sacksackover 17 years ago
"a straight to the heart" story.

With a marvelous economy of words, you've managed to depict the wonder of Christmas while at the same time providing a moving tribute. God bless you and may the gentle winds of the holiday season blow everything good your way!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
speechless

abs you made me cry. i know how much you care for your two angels and how much they care about you but to see it like this in words is totally overwhelming.

i'm in awe of your love

NosferatunessNosferatunessover 17 years ago
Deeply emotional stuff

You wrote from the heart and I can feel it in every word. Beautiful, Beautiful story of love for your Love.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Perfect

The melting snows are earth's tears,

Cleansing the land and bringing new life

and Love.

English LadyEnglish Ladyover 17 years ago
So sweet...

and so true. This story made me cry, made me smile and made me think. There's so much truth in this little story and much, much love.

cloudycloudyover 17 years ago
There are no words...

I don't have the words to express how lovely this story is. Beautiful.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
The beauty of love

shines through in this story of eternal love and hope.

Skip1934aSkip1934aover 17 years ago
Displays a love beyond knowing

A wonderful work, Abs. I think I may have to read more of you.

scheherazade_79scheherazade_79over 17 years ago
Beyond doubt

The most beautiful, touching story I've ever read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Beautiful

Thank you Abs for your wonderful, thought provoking, and heartfelt story.

RogueLurkerRogueLurkerover 17 years ago
beautiful

simply beautiful

arienettearienetteover 17 years ago
Beautiful

This story made me cry. I'm just reading it now because I just saw it, but came to read it immediately. Very lovely description of love and it is an absolutely beautiful read.

Peace be with you, little sister.

LadyCibelleLadyCibelleover 17 years ago
Beautiful!!!

Saying anything else would be superfluous.

Selena_KittSelena_Kittover 17 years ago
Speechless

Just... there aren't words.

Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskinover 17 years ago
Thanks, Abs

That was well done and very, very nice.

Rumple

Roxanne ApplebyRoxanne Applebyover 17 years ago
All choked up.

Sniff, sniff - you've brought a tear to my eye, Abstruse. You are very warm and wise. I wish you all comfort and joy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Very Moving

Congratulations on this wonderful holiday tale, honoring mother and the namesake of your story. Thank you for writing this Abs, it truly is beautiful. As father, I will print this out and read to my own wee daughter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Congratulations

It is much deserved with this piece. A very moving tribute to love and the beauty it brings.

lucky-E-levenlucky-E-levenover 17 years ago
Every Time

Every time I see snow, I will think of Gabrielle the snow angel. I'm convinced if I close my eyes and just breathe for a moment I will even feel her tiny kisses on my face masquerading as snowflakes.

~lucky

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
absolutely beautiful

just lovely. couldn't be better

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
EXTREMELY SAPPY, but...

as I came to the segment about Gabrielle's mother lying in grief, my eyes welled brimful, and now after finishing the short piece, my nose is running and my eyes are still teary, which I wish wasn't so because I'm in a senior center with six other people around.

Your little story obviously touched my heart. The death of a child, as everyone knows, is devastating, no matter how old the child is, even a wanted and loved unborn.

I think you got mixed up in a paragraph when you explained the baby's name though, and a couple other rough spots that probably could have been handled better.

If this really is a true story, I am very sorry for your loss.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Good

Love is a complicated thing in my life, and i don't really agree with what was said.

Yet at the same time, I enjoyed the imagery and fluency throughout the entire story. It made me feel all warm and fussy inside, so i give this a 5/5

Eternal_MidnightEternal_Midnightover 12 years ago
Intensely beautiful

Such a lovely story. It's simple a short but it has such a loving message behind it, my heart is all warm and fuzzy after ready this story. Very well written!

rightbankrightbankabout 7 years ago
beautiful

and difficult to read

AlberothAlberothabout 6 years ago
Beautiful

Thank you for opening your heart and letting us look inside.

chytownchytownover 1 year ago

*****A Beautiful Read. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous